Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your first game 21:28 - Oct 9 with 7502 viewsBenJ94

Was talking earlier about our first games watching the swans, according to my old Man, mine was a 4-0 defeat to Kidderminster down the verch, I do vaguely remember the game but I was just a kid at the time, could anyone tell me what year that might have been as the old mans memory escapes him sometimes?
Your first game on 22:33 - Oct 10 with 2564 viewsTNT

Southport home.

October 1976. Losing 0-1, came back to win 2-1, Robbie James (2).

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Your first game on 23:10 - Oct 10 with 2552 viewsploppy

Swansea Town 4 Watford 2. Jan 1966. Only time I sat in the Centre Stand.
Your first game on 08:28 - Oct 11 with 2511 viewsSwansNZ

Easter 1977, 3-0 win over Bournemouth. Robbie, Curt and Charlo.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Your first game on 09:14 - Oct 11 with 2492 viewssherpajacob

2-3 defeat to Sheffield wed behind the goal in the old double decker 80/81

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Your first game on 10:51 - Oct 11 with 2468 viewsfishman

Pretty sure it was against Folkstone in the FA cup ,think we won 7-2 ,remember Ivor Allchurch knocking 50-60 yard passes for fun ,asked my Dad about it ,and he said "only the good teams can do that " !!
Must have been around 1960-62
Your first game on 11:26 - Oct 11 with 2460 viewsBorojack

Your first game on 22:04 - Oct 10 by 1983

Luton 1983 hence 1983

Tramnere home 1975 sat in the Double Decker 1.1 I think
We then played Tramnere home first League game at the Liberty.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Your first game on 15:10 - Oct 11 with 2434 viewsjackbazza

Don't believe it was my 1st, but I do remember Big Ron and his brother Graham Atkinson playing for Oxford against us in the 60's....big lads!!...aye I still have a season ticket

I Luv Sian Massey

Your first game on 17:42 - Oct 11 with 2403 viewsSwanjaxs

Your first game on 07:46 - Oct 10 by Brynmill_Jack

And after that you were addicted lol!

Bradford City at home under Harry Griffiths with the young James, Charles and Curtis all playing. I think it was 1-1 when the match was abandoned, could have been due to weather or floodlights failure either in 1976 or 1977, old fourth division

Steve Potter saved a penalty that game too!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Your first game on 18:03 - Oct 11 with 2394 viewsjackharris

Swansea v Hull in 1984. We lost 2-0.

John Bond was our manager and Dean Saunders was up front! Sat in the Centre Sand, had the option to stand in the Enclosure. Night game with a crowd at around the 4,000 mark. Loved it! I was 9.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Your first game on 19:00 - Oct 11 with 2373 viewsruhrjack

Somtime in 1958,5 years old with my old man Crystal Palace
Your first game on 21:26 - Oct 11 with 2341 viewsEdmundo

77-78 season when we beat hartlepool 8-0.....sticks in my memory.

Think my first game was a Tuesday night game Doncaster or Grimsby.....not 100% sure.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Your first game on 22:09 - Oct 11 with 2326 viewsLord_Bony

V Leeds at the vetch 81. We just got.promotion to the first division with Toshack Could nt.belie e.my luck looking back..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Your first game on 22:18 - Oct 11 with 2320 viewsbuilthjack

Your first game on 22:09 - Oct 11 by Lord_Bony

V Leeds at the vetch 81. We just got.promotion to the first division with Toshack Could nt.belie e.my luck looking back..

Hell of a first game

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your first game on 05:54 - Oct 12 with 2264 viewsLord_Bony

Your first game on 22:18 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Hell of a first game

Certainly was mate but I remember as a youngster I could nt see much of it because of standing in the middle of the terraces,no video screens in those days

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Your first game on 07:50 - Oct 12 with 2236 viewsbuilthjack

Your first game on 05:54 - Oct 12 by Lord_Bony

Certainly was mate but I remember as a youngster I could nt see much of it because of standing in the middle of the terraces,no video screens in those days

Those were the days, my Dad would lift me up to see the game, but quite often we went in the wooden double decker and everyone would stamp their feet when the Swans scored. How that stand never fell,down !!!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your first game on 10:25 - Oct 12 with 2091 viewsWarwickHunt

Your first game on 19:35 - Oct 10 by Pegojack

1965, at the Vetch.

Swansea Town 1 Charlton Athletic 3

And I'm still here.

I was there. Eddie Firmani nodded past Noel Dwyer right in front of me.Bastârdo.

Been going reg'lar as a nipper (I lived around the corner) by then for 2-3 years with my uncle who played a few games for The Vermin.

'64 cup run got me hooked for life though I suppose.
Your first game on 10:27 - Oct 12 with 2089 viewsProfessor

Birmingham City 1981. 6.30 k/o due to rugby.

For some reason always thought it was an international game but checked and was Swansea V Australia at St Helens with the Wales game the next week.

I remember nothing other than we won and Archie Gemmill getting loads of stick. Robbie James scored but I have no recollection. Next game I saw was home defeat to Forest, then Liverpool in FA cup. I don't think I saw a game then for sometime-perhaps not until Manchester City as it was not easy getting over from the Rhondda as a 13 year old.
Your first game on 10:49 - Oct 12 with 2077 viewsperchrockjack

Phil.

I m pretty sure your uncle and mine would have known each other.

We need to get together y know and reflect whilst snacking on cockles in newspaper.

Charlie Buchan s annual was a favourite Christmas present

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Your first game on 12:45 - Oct 12 with 2049 viewsDevz00

Your first game on 10:25 - Oct 12 by WarwickHunt

I was there. Eddie Firmani nodded past Noel Dwyer right in front of me.Bastârdo.

Been going reg'lar as a nipper (I lived around the corner) by then for 2-3 years with my uncle who played a few games for The Vermin.

'64 cup run got me hooked for life though I suppose.

Didn't think you were that old!

Mine was 1994 at Old Wembley. Huddersfield on pens

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Your first game on 13:19 - Oct 12 with 2030 viewsWitneyjack

Hartlepool December 1975 , we won 3-1. Seems like a lifetime ago!!
Your first game on 13:19 - Oct 12 with 2030 viewsSkipTheJack

Your first game on 20:22 - Oct 10 by ItchySphincter

Kidderminster was mostly non league when I was growing up so I'd guess you saw them mid to late 90's.

The 4-0 home defeat to Kidderminster was late 2002. I think it was just before we signed Alan Tate on loan (in fact, it probably hastened plans to get some quality in on loan!), and was one of the few occasions I can remember where a Swans crowd turned on their own players.
Your first game on 14:13 - Oct 12 with 1995 viewssomersetsimon

Home game v Brentford in September 1978. We won 2-1 (Robbie James and Jeremy Charles scoring).
There were lots of high scoring games that season. I just checked the table. We scored 83 (including 57 at home!) and conceded 61.
Your first game on 23:33 - Oct 12 with 1909 viewsjack_lord

Your first game on 21:26 - Oct 11 by Edmundo

77-78 season when we beat hartlepool 8-0.....sticks in my memory.

Think my first game was a Tuesday night game Doncaster or Grimsby.....not 100% sure.

Robbie missed a penalty in that game and my younger brother cried, I was thinking we are hammering them mun.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Your first game on 01:28 - Oct 13 with 1889 viewsSwansNZ

Your first game on 14:13 - Oct 12 by somersetsimon

Home game v Brentford in September 1978. We won 2-1 (Robbie James and Jeremy Charles scoring).
There were lots of high scoring games that season. I just checked the table. We scored 83 (including 57 at home!) and conceded 61.

One week, we had 2 home games...

Tue - Swans v Rotherham 4-4
Sat - Swans v Tranmere 4-3

Those were the days

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Your first game on 01:42 - Oct 13 with 1878 viewsChrisSCFC

First 1 I can recall was a 3-0 against Chester in a play-off semi final. 97' I think?

Was bored as f*ck.

West Ham away in 99' was when I got into it, and I was 8 by then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024