Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smoke Free Swansea 12:10 - Oct 10 with 10838 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Ladies and Gents.

There is a survey from Swansea council that I would urge you all to complete - on whether to make Swansea a smoke free city.

Consider this - smokers have known for decades the dangers of smoking, yet have made a conscious decision to take up the habit at the cost of everyone around them - forced to share their death fumes. Non-smokers can't even eat outside on sunny days with their families, or walk outside through a doorway without getting a facefull of fumes from selfish and anti-social smokers who hang around in gangs without a consideration for people having to walk between them to exit the building.

Smoking is a habit that rightfully deserves to be stamped out. If creating a nanny-state policy against smoking is needed to protect the health of others, who have taken the decision not to indulge in cancer development and lung destruction, then so be it.

So, you'll find the link for the survey below.

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/smokefreesurvey

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Smoke Free Swansea on 18:06 - Oct 11 with 1982 viewsdgt73

Just because there is a problem with obesity - doesn't give a green light for saying smoking is ok. People need to take responsibility for themselves and not rely on the state to come to the rescue, time after time.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Smoke Free Swansea on 18:43 - Oct 11 with 1951 viewsFlashberryjack

Smoke Free Swansea on 18:06 - Oct 11 by dgt73

Just because there is a problem with obesity - doesn't give a green light for saying smoking is ok. People need to take responsibility for themselves and not rely on the state to come to the rescue, time after time.

Jesus wept!!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Smoke Free Swansea on 18:45 - Oct 11 with 1948 viewsdgt73

Smoke Free Swansea on 18:43 - Oct 11 by Flashberryjack

Jesus wept!!

What is wrong with what I said ?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:17 - Oct 11 with 1917 viewsEbo

Does this include vaping as well? I'm sure the clouds of VG (vegetable glycerin)/PG (propylene glycol) are 100% safer than the 2000-3000 known toxic chemicals found in cigarettes.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:20 - Oct 11 with 1914 viewslondonlisa2001

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:17 - Oct 11 by Ebo

Does this include vaping as well? I'm sure the clouds of VG (vegetable glycerin)/PG (propylene glycol) are 100% safer than the 2000-3000 known toxic chemicals found in cigarettes.

I looked at the survey and when I saw that they had included e cigarettes, I went back and filled the whole thing in, as it is obvious that this has nothing to do with health and everything to do with ridiculous gesture politics.

Are they also going to ban asthma inhalers which use the same substances?
Smoke Free Swansea on 20:32 - Oct 11 with 1907 viewsJackfath

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:20 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

I looked at the survey and when I saw that they had included e cigarettes, I went back and filled the whole thing in, as it is obvious that this has nothing to do with health and everything to do with ridiculous gesture politics.

Are they also going to ban asthma inhalers which use the same substances?

Asthma inhalers save lives though. Any formof smoking makes one look like a complete cock.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:32 - Oct 11 with 1907 viewsEbo

Big tobacco are crushing vaping by forcing e-juice companies to comply to many regulations and they have to pay £1000's for medical testing of their products. A safer alternative to smoking and probably the most successful quitting mechanism and they are trying to ban it. Ludicrous!

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:34 - Oct 11 with 1900 viewsEbo

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:32 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

Asthma inhalers save lives though. Any formof smoking makes one look like a complete cock.

So does vaping. No cancer causing chemicals, no foul smelling clothes and it doesn't affect others around you. No nicotine in some juices either. Why are people trying to ban it when it is effectively saving lives by getting people off smoking and onto e-cigs which in time they will quit totally in the end.

Login to get fewer ads

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:37 - Oct 11 with 1896 viewsJackfath

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:34 - Oct 11 by Ebo

So does vaping. No cancer causing chemicals, no foul smelling clothes and it doesn't affect others around you. No nicotine in some juices either. Why are people trying to ban it when it is effectively saving lives by getting people off smoking and onto e-cigs which in time they will quit totally in the end.

Still makes one look like a complete and utter cock.

In fact if it saves lives we should all take it up.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 20:38]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:38 - Oct 11 with 1891 viewsEbo

Maybe so but not a foul smelling one or an inconsiderate one I guess plus it's saving and prolonging lives.

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:38 - Oct 11 with 1888 viewslondonlisa2001

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:37 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

To be fair, so does the wearing of football shirts over the age of about 14 and they aren't banned
Smoke Free Swansea on 20:38 - Oct 11 with 1888 viewsdickythorpe

4 pages in and yet not a word in anger against those animals that still burn coal!!!
Smoke Free Swansea on 20:39 - Oct 11 with 1888 viewsJackfath

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:38 - Oct 11 by Ebo

Maybe so but not a foul smelling one or an inconsiderate one I guess plus it's saving and prolonging lives.

You're right. I am going to Argos first thing to buy one and start.

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:44 - Oct 11 with 1876 viewsEbo

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:39 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

You're right. I am going to Argos first thing to buy one and start.

I doubt you'd find one in argos but I'm told the strawberry milkshake e-juice is nice and won't bother people leaving pubs and restaurants.

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:46 - Oct 11 with 1872 viewsJackfath

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:44 - Oct 11 by Ebo

I doubt you'd find one in argos but I'm told the strawberry milkshake e-juice is nice and won't bother people leaving pubs and restaurants.

Will strawberry milkshake make me obese?

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:47 - Oct 11 with 1869 viewslondonlisa2001

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:46 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

Will strawberry milkshake make me obese?

Nah - it'll bring all the boys to the yard!
Smoke Free Swansea on 20:48 - Oct 11 with 1864 viewsJackfath

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:47 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

Nah - it'll bring all the boys to the yard!

IN that case order me several gallons of the stuff.

Smoke Free Swansea on 00:25 - Oct 12 with 1810 viewsHighjack

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:32 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

Those vapour things are more cock-ish than real smoking though, it's like drinking decaffinated coffee. What's the point?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Smoke Free Swansea on 14:18 - Oct 12 with 1777 viewsWhiterockin

Smoke Free Swansea on 00:25 - Oct 12 by Highjack

Those vapour things are more cock-ish than real smoking though, it's like drinking decaffinated coffee. What's the point?

Like alcohol free beer.
Smoke Free Swansea on 14:45 - Oct 12 with 1764 viewsFlashberryjack

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:38 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

To be fair, so does the wearing of football shirts over the age of about 14 and they aren't banned

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Smoke Free Swansea on 16:52 - Oct 12 with 1748 viewsexiledclaseboy

Smoke Free Swansea on 00:25 - Oct 12 by Highjack

It's a way of satisfying the nicotine addiction without having all the harmful stuff at the same time. It's almost the total opposite of decaffeinated coffee, which has the "addictive" element removed.

Poll: Tory leader

Smoke Free Swansea on 17:30 - Oct 12 with 1729 viewsRancid

Smoke Free Swansea on 20:37 - Oct 11 by Jackfath

When we meet one day I will rugby tackle you to the floor, straddle you (you'll like that bit) then light up a cigarette and blow my smoke up your nose until you're choking.
Smoke Free Swansea on 17:58 - Oct 12 with 1714 viewsThursday

Smoke Free Swansea on 15:39 - Oct 11 by exiledclaseboy

I filled in the survey. Thanks to the OP for bringing it to my attention.

:libertarian:

Huh, the smiley doesn't work for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024