Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me.. 22:16 - Oct 10 with 6997 viewsskippyjack

and maybe Darran.. i don't really give two sh*ts about Wales qualifying
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 22:16]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Is it just me.. on 11:36 - Oct 11 with 1300 viewsdgt73

Is it just me.. on 11:09 - Oct 11 by skippyjack

i'll be honest.. the rugby seems more appealing than our qualification.

Yes i agree.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Is it just me.. on 11:56 - Oct 11 with 1274 viewsSlugster664

If anyone thinks football is more popular than rugby in Wales are totally deluded.

I watched 10 minutes of the football last night...fu ck my eyes 😢 On the other hand, the Wales - Australia match...exciting entertainment throughout.

STID

Is it just me.. on 12:01 - Oct 11 with 1268 viewsChrisSCFC

Is it just me.. on 11:56 - Oct 11 by Slugster664

If anyone thinks football is more popular than rugby in Wales are totally deluded.

I watched 10 minutes of the football last night...fu ck my eyes 😢 On the other hand, the Wales - Australia match...exciting entertainment throughout.

Manchester United have more fans in Wales than the Welsh national rugby team.
Is it just me.. on 12:12 - Oct 11 with 1243 viewsbuilthjack

A lot of rugby fans on here, the Ospreys will be packed out all season

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is it just me.. on 12:22 - Oct 11 with 1223 viewsChrisSCFC

Is it just me.. on 12:12 - Oct 11 by builthjack

A lot of rugby fans on here, the Ospreys will be packed out all season

Is it just me.. on 13:06 - Oct 11 with 1193 viewsSlugster664

Is it just me.. on 12:01 - Oct 11 by ChrisSCFC

Manchester United have more fans in Wales than the Welsh national rugby team.

Really 😂 I bet you're one of them?

I didn't say the Ospreys would be packed out,I think their average last year was about 7-8k??? What I am saying is rugby is more popular than football in Wales,fact!

STID

Is it just me.. on 13:07 - Oct 11 with 1192 viewsChrisSCFC

Is it just me.. on 13:06 - Oct 11 by Slugster664

Really 😂 I bet you're one of them?

I didn't say the Ospreys would be packed out,I think their average last year was about 7-8k??? What I am saying is rugby is more popular than football in Wales,fact!

Where in Wales?

North Wales. No.

Swansea? No.

Cardiff? No.

Newport? No.

The Rhondda? No.

Gwendreath Valley's? Yes.
Is it just me.. on 13:14 - Oct 11 with 1175 viewsNeath_Jack

Is it just me.. on 11:56 - Oct 11 by Slugster664

International rugby is more popular that international football in Wales by a long, long way.

Tomorrow in work, everyone will be talking about the rugby, one or two will mention the football briefly. There are tens of thousands of people in Wales who love rugby, but don't go to watch club games, but still follow the results etc.

It's a shite argument whichever side of the pitch you stand.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me.. on 13:18 - Oct 11 with 1156 viewsSlugster664

Is it just me.. on 13:07 - Oct 11 by ChrisSCFC

Where in Wales?

North Wales. No.

Swansea? No.

Cardiff? No.

Newport? No.

The Rhondda? No.

Gwendreath Valley's? Yes.

If Wales rugby got smashed by 50 points in the 6 Nations by England in front of 70k at the MS,the following Saturday there'd still be 70k passionate Welsh people supporting them.
If England smashed Wales at football in front of 70k, the following game you'd be lucky to see 5k there supporting them.

The fact is Wales is alot more passionate about rugby hence it being more popular.

STID

Is it just me.. on 13:19 - Oct 11 with 1150 viewsChrisSCFC

Is it just me.. on 13:18 - Oct 11 by Slugster664

If Wales rugby got smashed by 50 points in the 6 Nations by England in front of 70k at the MS,the following Saturday there'd still be 70k passionate Welsh people supporting them.
If England smashed Wales at football in front of 70k, the following game you'd be lucky to see 5k there supporting them.

The fact is Wales is alot more passionate about rugby hence it being more popular.

If they were playing Australia yes.

If they were playing Georgia?
Is it just me.. on 13:20 - Oct 11 with 1148 viewsChrisSCFC

Is it just me.. on 13:18 - Oct 11 by Slugster664

Where in Wales is rugby more popular than football would you say?

It's not in Swansea and half the Welsh NT are from here.
Is it just me.. on 13:36 - Oct 11 with 1116 viewsRancid

International football in Wales and it's popularity all depends on how well we're doing.Under sparky we'd fill the Millenium no problem at all.But like has been said, once we hit a bad spell the interest evaporates very quickly.It's different with the egg because we're a tiny country and compete and beat much bigger countries than ourselves and always have done.International day in Wales is also a huge social event for pissheads and women who all head for cardiff or the pub and cheer 'the boys' on.You don't see many women doing that at the football.It's all dads and their kids.
Is it just me.. on 13:56 - Oct 11 with 1090 viewsperchrockjack

The world sees Wales as a rugby country.

Whether it's right or wrong is irrelevant.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is it just me.. on 14:06 - Oct 11 with 1071 viewsRancid

Only because we've been so shit at football for 60 odd years.All that could change.Football is every kids first love even in Wales.They'll always play football first and once they realize they're not good enough they then try their hand at rugby.I had this conversation yesterday with a fella in work.He's tight head for Trimsaran which as you know is a rugby village through and through.I said to him rugby players are just failed footballers and he agreed.He played football for Mynydd y Cerrig until he was 13 and then took up rugby because he was useless with the round ball.
Is it just me.. on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 1065 viewsSgorioFruit

Is it just me.. on 10:06 - Oct 11 by johnlangy

Well i'm chuffed. And, if you want to be selfish look for the positives for the Swans.

By being in the PL the Swans have given Welsh football a massive boost which must help the National team. The National team qualifying for the Euros will also give a massive lift to the game which should help the Swans. More youngsters will want to play the game and the better of those youngsters would choose to join the Swans given a chance.

Spot on

Also we want all Welsh teams to do well. We want Newport County to stay in the football league and hopefully Wrexham can join them. We want to start loaning our youngsters out, got example that Gwion Edwards who has talent, dont let him go to Crawley, loan him out to Newport, help newport stay in the league and its closer to home for the lad, and then likewise if any promising talent comes up via the ranks at Newport we should have first dibs, just like the new joint academy set up arrangement we now have with Merthyr Town.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Is it just me.. on 15:23 - Oct 11 with 992 viewsbuilthjack

It's a difficult argument. Wales always being in the top 5 or 6 International teams in rugby, out of about 10 truly professional nations is always going to keep them in the limelight, whereas Wales football competing against 200 professional nations is always only going to get publicity if Wales are doing really well.
As for comparisons, Wales rugby is more popular at International level as you get lots of pi55heads using it as an excuse to get pi55ed, yet half the people don't know the rules and never ever watch a club match at any level.
Playing wise, there's double the number of people playing football than do rugby, so football wins that one.
Swansea and Cardiff get far more spectators through the gate that the Blues or Ospreys too, so football wins that one.
So at International level, Rugby wins the most spectator contest, but football wins all the others.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is it just me.. on 15:39 - Oct 11 with 976 viewsdgt73

Is it just me.. on 15:23 - Oct 11 by builthjack

It's a difficult argument. Wales always being in the top 5 or 6 International teams in rugby, out of about 10 truly professional nations is always going to keep them in the limelight, whereas Wales football competing against 200 professional nations is always only going to get publicity if Wales are doing really well.
As for comparisons, Wales rugby is more popular at International level as you get lots of pi55heads using it as an excuse to get pi55ed, yet half the people don't know the rules and never ever watch a club match at any level.
Playing wise, there's double the number of people playing football than do rugby, so football wins that one.
Swansea and Cardiff get far more spectators through the gate that the Blues or Ospreys too, so football wins that one.
So at International level, Rugby wins the most spectator contest, but football wins all the others.

So you don't get pi$$ heads going to watch Welsh football then ? And there are many people who watch football that don't know the rules too.

Is it just me.. on 15:44 - Oct 11 with 972 viewsbuilthjack

Is it just me.. on 15:39 - Oct 11 by dgt73

So you don't get pi$$ heads going to watch Welsh football then ? And there are many people who watch football that don't know the rules too.

You get a few yes, but most know the rules.

Is it just me.. on 15:44 - Oct 11 with 967 viewsperchrockjack

How many other countries see this pitiful squabbling over two entirely separate sports.

Clearly football people see rugby as

1. A threat. it isn't

2. Boring. Not always

3. Snobby. Not in Wales

4. Plastic fans at Internationals. True.

Enjoy both. better still join Trampie and me on scrum V forum

Is it just me.. on 15:50 - Oct 11 with 958 viewsdgt73

Is it just me.. on 15:44 - Oct 11 by builthjack

You get a few yes, but most know the rules.

Yet in rugby they don't ?

Is it just me.. on 15:53 - Oct 11 with 953 viewsexiledclaseboy

I was in France for much of last week and I spoke to many people from all around Europe. Upon hearing I was British many asked me if I was disappointed about the rugby, assuming I was English. When i explained I'm Welsh they then assumed I was delighted with our progress. They didn't get it when I explained that although I'm pleased that we're doing well I'm not really a rugby fan so not all that bothered. I did have a long conversation with a couple of Dutch about our prospects in the Euros though.

This weekend I'm in the south west of England and it's very similar. Perch is right. Tell someone outside of Wales and the U.K. that you're Welsh and they'll automatically assume that you love rugby.

Poll: Tory leader

Is it just me.. on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 953 viewsRancid

Is it just me.. on 15:50 - Oct 11 by dgt73

Yet in rugby they don't ?

No, I'd say.Rugby is so complex whereas football is a piece of pasta to understand.Half the crowd on international day at the Millenium I bet don't know the full rules of the game.
Is it just me.. on 15:54 - Oct 11 with 952 viewsperchrockjack

For the life of me, we ve seen decades of apathy towards Wales football as regards Swansea people now we re all going along with it all.

Most of the fans to me are from north Wales although now the valleys are getting all moist at it all.

We ve also had plenty of SWANSEA CARDIFF hatred that bad it led to us being segregated amongst each other

Is it just me.. on 16:03 - Oct 11 with 939 viewsdgt73

Rugby does have complex rules and i doubt every rugby player understands them 100%, but that's not the point - some footy fans seem to think they're are superior to your average rugby fan in terms of supporting the rival sports - lets not lose sight of the fact it wasn't long ago that Welsh football was getting 13000 crowds.

Is it just me.. on 16:09 - Oct 11 with 930 viewsperchrockjack

Ive never understood why Rugby in Holland didn't take off. As regards GERMANY MORE SO,as physically they are made for it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024