Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me.. 22:16 - Oct 10 with 6993 viewsskippyjack

and maybe Darran.. i don't really give two sh*ts about Wales qualifying
[Post edited 10 Oct 2015 22:16]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Is it just me.. on 16:12 - Oct 11 with 1033 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it just me.. on 16:09 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

Ive never understood why Rugby in Holland didn't take off. As regards GERMANY MORE SO,as physically they are made for it

The Dutch had no interest in the rugby at all. Very friendly bunch they were though with spoken English much better than my own. I didn't interact with the Germans much. Quite surly they were.

Poll: Tory leader

Is it just me.. on 16:16 - Oct 11 with 1025 viewsperchrockjack

There is a rugby club in north of the Hague where our lad lives. Its astonishingly well run and facilities remarkable.

Dutch is hard to pronounce but for welsh speakers the guttering "G" is easy.

The word order is that used in GERMAN.

Tot Ziens.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Is it just me.. on 16:34 - Oct 11 with 1006 viewsjohnlangy

Is it just me.. on 13:06 - Oct 11 by Slugster664

Really 😂 I bet you're one of them?

I didn't say the Ospreys would be packed out,I think their average last year was about 7-8k??? What I am saying is rugby is more popular than football in Wales,fact!

So why do far more youngsters play football than rugby.

Now that IS a fact.
Is it just me.. on 16:39 - Oct 11 with 992 viewsbuilthjack

Serious question. Why do the regions in Wales play in quarter full stadiums?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is it just me.. on 16:48 - Oct 11 with 987 viewsmarchamjack

no.1 on my bucket list (turning 50 this week so it does start to matter...) is seeing Wales in a major finals. Never thought it would happen and now it's going to. Cannot wait to spend some time in France with my mates following Wales around. If you wouldn't look forward to that, you need to have a word with yourself. Seriously.

And yes, seen Swans in Europe (both recently and back in early 80's), and at Wembley on every occasion etc. S/T holder. We're never going to win PL or CL so my hope there left is to see us win the FA Cup.

But seeing Wales in France (even if we lose very game and don't get out of the group as I fully expect) and experiencing the whole tournament feel with Wales there, is truly going to be some event. If you don't get that, then I think it's a shame for you and you're missing out (even if you don't think you are which I've no problem with)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Is it just me.. on 17:35 - Oct 11 with 948 viewsItchySphincter

International Rugby galvanises the nation due to the media attention it get's - especially good as the Welsh revel in glorious failure. Football get's less attention and regularly losing matches to never before heard of Balkan nations barely gets a twitch on the give-a-fukc-ometer. It's not the same buzz as dressing up as a daffodil and getting p!ssed while pretending to understand a game that even the players and refs struggle to grasp.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Is it just me.. on 17:49 - Oct 11 with 931 viewsjack247

Is it just me.. on 16:39 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Because it is not our national sport. Wales games are a national event, but not many give a toss about rugby week in week out.
Is it just me.. on 17:52 - Oct 11 with 926 viewsperchrockjack

Football far less dangerous .more complicated laws.

You get hurt

Kids don't like pain.

Easy really

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me.. on 17:53 - Oct 11 with 925 viewsskippyjack

Jesus.. so many assumptions and generalised b*llocks..

1. Wales lost the game
2. It was nailed on that we'd qualify
3. The rugby is a World Cup after all

that's why i probably didn't give a stuff

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Is it just me.. on 17:57 - Oct 11 with 921 viewsskippyjack

Lets be honest.. Rugby has so many stupid rules.. half of them are interpreted differently from a refs perspective..

Is it just me.. on 18:05 - Oct 11 with 912 viewsjack247

Rugby is a fantastic game, but for whatever reason, only captures the nations imagination when the internationals are on. Northern hemisphere rugby is often a war of attrition, which can get boring for a casual fan like most of us are. southern is a lot more expansive and as a result much better to watch.
Is it just me.. on 18:06 - Oct 11 with 910 viewsperchrockjack

Last post is excellent

Is it just me.. on 19:37 - Oct 11 with 844 viewsplasjack

Is it just me.. on 18:05 - Oct 11 by jack247

Rugby is a fantastic game, but for whatever reason, only captures the nations imagination when the internationals are on. Northern hemisphere rugby is often a war of attrition, which can get boring for a casual fan like most of us are. southern is a lot more expansive and as a result much better to watch.

Spot on, watched both games yesterday, although a Swansea season ticket holder and avid football fan, the rugby game was more enjoyable because the Bosnia game was gash even though we are in France next summer by default.
Is it just me.. on 19:40 - Oct 11 with 836 viewsbuilthjack

Is it just me.. on 19:37 - Oct 11 by plasjack

Spot on, watched both games yesterday, although a Swansea season ticket holder and avid football fan, the rugby game was more enjoyable because the Bosnia game was gash even though we are in France next summer by default.

Not sure why we are there by default? We will have played 10 qualifying games, and finished in the top 2 of the group. That's not by default.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is it just me.. on 19:47 - Oct 11 with 830 viewsFlashberryjack

Skippy.... a Welshman that doesn't give two sh*ts about Wales qualifying for a major sporting competition.... is either a c*nt or not Welsh.
Which are you ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is it just me.. on 19:49 - Oct 11 with 830 viewsdgt73

Is it just me.. on 18:05 - Oct 11 by jack247

Most games of football are boring too, especially international football. Watched the English match the other day and almost fell asleep.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Is it just me.. on 19:50 - Oct 11 with 822 viewsdgt73

Is it just me.. on 19:47 - Oct 11 by Flashberryjack

Skippy.... a Welshman that doesn't give two sh*ts about Wales qualifying for a major sporting competition.... is either a c*nt or not Welsh.
Which are you ?

Jesus wept.

Is it just me.. on 19:56 - Oct 11 with 806 viewsdgt73

Is it just me.. on 16:39 - Oct 11 by builthjack

I wouldn't go down that road if i was you......football in Wales both club/ country has hardly been pulling up any trees in regard of playing in front of full stadium.
Also at local level club rugby gets much more people watching than local football clubs.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2015 19:58]

Is it just me.. on 19:58 - Oct 11 with 801 viewsplasjack

Is it just me.. on 19:40 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Not sure why we are there by default? We will have played 10 qualifying games, and finished in the top 2 of the group. That's not by default.

Change default too fortunate.
Is it just me.. on 20:11 - Oct 11 with 783 viewsbuilthjack

Is it just me.. on 19:58 - Oct 11 by plasjack

Change default too fortunate.

Fortunate? Losing one game in nine, drawing at the then number two team in the world, then beating them in Cardiff. That's not fortunate, it's hard work, good football, preparation and dedication. Got a problem with Wales qualifying?

Is it just me.. on 20:20 - Oct 11 with 777 viewsjack247

Is it just me.. on 19:56 - Oct 11 by dgt73

I wouldn't go down that road if i was you......football in Wales both club/ country has hardly been pulling up any trees in regard of playing in front of full stadium.
Also at local level club rugby gets much more people watching than local football clubs.

It's difficult to take that seriously.

Swans are playing Stoke next and probably won't get far off the Ospreys, Blues and Scarlets next gates combined. Charging higher prices. We laugh at Cardiffs attendances, but any of the regions would kill for them, even though they play in the equivalent of the PL and the CL every season. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but don't argue with fact.
Is it just me.. on 20:23 - Oct 11 with 772 viewsbuilthjack

Is it just me.. on 19:56 - Oct 11 by dgt73

You are joking right?

Is it just me.. on 20:30 - Oct 11 with 768 viewsplasjack

Is it just me.. on 20:11 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Fortunate? Losing one game in nine, drawing at the then number two team in the world, then beating them in Cardiff. That's not fortunate, it's hard work, good football, preparation and dedication. Got a problem with Wales qualifying?

Not at all more patriotic than you probably, more English in Builth by the way.
Is it just me.. on 20:31 - Oct 11 with 767 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is it just me.. on 15:44 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

How many other countries see this pitiful squabbling over two entirely separate sports.

Clearly football people see rugby as

1. A threat. it isn't

2. Boring. Not always

3. Snobby. Not in Wales

4. Plastic fans at Internationals. True.

Enjoy both. better still join Trampie and me on scrum V forum

Good post Perchy.

It's Wales
It's our country
What ever sport the success we achieve for a tiny little principality is quite superb

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is it just me.. on 20:34 - Oct 11 with 763 viewsdgt73

Is it just me.. on 20:20 - Oct 11 by jack247

It's difficult to take that seriously.

Swans are playing Stoke next and probably won't get far off the Ospreys, Blues and Scarlets next gates combined. Charging higher prices. We laugh at Cardiffs attendances, but any of the regions would kill for them, even though they play in the equivalent of the PL and the CL every season. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but don't argue with fact.

I like football and rugby. I hardly ever go to watch a rugby game though, because the rugby season at regional level seems to have no structure and is always stop, start. Can you imagine if the swans had played this weekend with 10 of their players on international duty.....it would be a farce, but that happens all the time in rugby. If they got the structure right, many more people would go and watch including myself.
Also where i come from you had no choice you had to play rugby, especially in school and I loved playing it, great memories and it's just a few knobheads from both sides, with "I've got a bigger willy than you" attitude, who honestly apart from the knobheads care. At the end of the day no one is forced to watch rugby or football, watch what you want.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024