Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geoffrey Howe 23:52 - Oct 10 with 1706 viewsdickythorpe

Did he play youth rugby for the Wizards?
Geoffrey Howe on 23:57 - Oct 10 with 1698 viewsDarran

No idea but when I was in school a teacher who played for them used to give us free tickets,what a load of shit it was.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Geoffrey Howe on 00:01 - Oct 11 with 1689 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Geoffrey Howe on 23:57 - Oct 10 by Darran

No idea but when I was in school a teacher who played for them used to give us free tickets,what a load of shit it was.

Not as good as "Waldron's wonders" eh badly?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Geoffrey Howe on 09:40 - Oct 11 with 1605 viewsperchrockjack

One who precipidated Thatcher s fall from power

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Geoffrey Howe on 12:42 - Oct 11 with 1564 viewsdickythorpe

Geoffrey Howe on 09:40 - Oct 11 by perchrockjack

One who precipidated Thatcher s fall from power

Thatcher was full back?
Geoffrey Howe on 13:51 - Oct 11 with 1540 viewsperchrockjack

Not bad dicky.

You know thatcher and how her name impacts on this board

Geoffrey Howe on 14:08 - Oct 11 with 1521 viewsdickythorpe

Dennis was a ref wasn't he?
Geoffrey Howe on 14:29 - Oct 11 with 1511 viewsHighjack

Geoffrey Howe on 12:42 - Oct 11 by dickythorpe

Thatcher was full back?

She used to love the hard hits on the left wingers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Geoffrey Howe on 12:58 - Oct 13 with 1390 viewsPegojack

Youth rugby for the Wizards? What a laugh. He was away to public school as soon as he was out of nappies.

The good people of Aberavon told him where he could shove the Conservative Party when he stood there as Tory candidate in the 1955 and 1959 general elections.

Lord Aberavon, my hairy arse.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2015 12:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Geoffrey Howe on 13:04 - Oct 13 with 1380 viewsperchrockjack

Still, Welsh.

Boy did well

Geoffrey Howe on 13:29 - Oct 13 with 1359 viewsexiledclaseboy

Privately educated and married to the aunt of future Queen Camilla. Must have been born to the most well to do family in Port Talbot. Still, he was one of the least loathesome Tories of that era and he did play a large part in Thatcher's eventual downfall so he's OK by me. I'm sure he'd have been chuffed to know that.

Poll: Tory leader

Geoffrey Howe on 14:27 - Oct 13 with 1336 viewsLohengrin

Geoffrey Howe on 13:29 - Oct 13 by exiledclaseboy

Privately educated and married to the aunt of future Queen Camilla. Must have been born to the most well to do family in Port Talbot. Still, he was one of the least loathesome Tories of that era and he did play a large part in Thatcher's eventual downfall so he's OK by me. I'm sure he'd have been chuffed to know that.

His background isn't one of enormous wealth, Clase, his father was a solicitor in Port Talbot. They wouldn't have been short of a few bob, don't get me wrong, but for him to have received the education he did, at the schools and colleges he attended, must still have entailed no small measure of sacrifice on his parent's part.

I actually met him once at Old Deer Park sometime in the late '80s. Nothing to do with politics. He seemed an affable sort of a bloke. I'm sure I picked up somewhere that his life-long best pal away from the world of Westminster was Dennis Healey. That would seem to fit with the brief impression I made of him, nothing like the doctrinaire member of Thatcher's inner circle you may assume without having encountered him.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Geoffrey Howe on 14:41 - Oct 13 with 1324 viewsperchrockjack

Tory ,Lou, therefore a devil

Geoffrey Howe on 14:54 - Oct 13 with 1316 viewslondonlisa2001

Geoffrey Howe on 12:58 - Oct 13 by Pegojack

Youth rugby for the Wizards? What a laugh. He was away to public school as soon as he was out of nappies.

The good people of Aberavon told him where he could shove the Conservative Party when he stood there as Tory candidate in the 1955 and 1959 general elections.

Lord Aberavon, my hairy arse.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2015 12:59]

Oh the irony.

The son of the local solicitor who won a scholarship to study at Winchester School, then joined the army before going on to study at Cambridge was told where to shove it by the good people of Aberavon, whereas the sitting MP for that constituency has no connection with the area at all, was brought up with considerably more wealth and privilege than Howe was (before also attending Cambridge), is married to the Danish PM and has spent a lot of his life based in Switzerland for tax purposes !

Only one of them would have ever been able to find Aberavon on a dark, rainy night, and it certainly wouldn't have been Kinnock.
Geoffrey Howe on 15:02 - Oct 13 with 1305 viewsexiledclaseboy

Geoffrey Howe on 14:27 - Oct 13 by Lohengrin

His background isn't one of enormous wealth, Clase, his father was a solicitor in Port Talbot. They wouldn't have been short of a few bob, don't get me wrong, but for him to have received the education he did, at the schools and colleges he attended, must still have entailed no small measure of sacrifice on his parent's part.

I actually met him once at Old Deer Park sometime in the late '80s. Nothing to do with politics. He seemed an affable sort of a bloke. I'm sure I picked up somewhere that his life-long best pal away from the world of Westminster was Dennis Healey. That would seem to fit with the brief impression I made of him, nothing like the doctrinaire member of Thatcher's inner circle you may assume without having encountered him.

I was being slightly flippant obviously. I doubt there was anyone with a "background of enormous wealth" in post-war Port Talbot. I'd imagine from what you've said his background was solidly middle class professional and he did very well for himself. He was Chamcellor during some of Thatcher's worst excesses mind so he's not off the hook completely. Not the devil though despite Perch's continuing hyperbole.

I didn't realise until today mind that he was married to the aunt of the future Queen.

Poll: Tory leader

Geoffrey Howe on 15:33 - Oct 13 with 1287 viewsperchrockjack

My hyperbole is a pretty wan effort when compared with the stuff read on here

This is a tap in for me but Im too much of a gentleman to put the boot in

Geoffrey Howe on 16:20 - Oct 13 with 1268 viewsllareggub

did you mean precipitated ...........
Geoffrey Howe on 17:35 - Oct 13 with 1249 viewsperchrockjack

says buggerall, naked plagiarist

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024