Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legalisng Cannabis 15:56 - Oct 12 with 10843 viewsDarran

Discuss.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/12/lib-dems-panel-cannabis-pot

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:24 - Oct 12 with 1183 viewsacejack3065

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:19 - Oct 12 by lifelong

Yes, there are arguments for banning those substances, it doesn't make things any better by throwing another dangerous substance into the mix.

Well it does if it reduces organised crime and raises tax revenues.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:24 - Oct 12 with 1183 viewslifelong

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:20 - Oct 12 by Darran

It's safer than s diesel car.

You're probably right.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:27 - Oct 12 with 1181 viewsItchySphincter

No reason not to legalise. I like a good chuff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:31 - Oct 12 with 1175 viewsRancid

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:15 - Oct 12 by Gowerjack

Care to tell us why?

You must have lots of personal experience from your old job.

Because him and Lifey are of a senior age and former coppers.Maybe shimmie might have a different view on it.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2015 18:32]
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:34 - Oct 12 with 1167 viewsRancid

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:07 - Oct 12 by lifelong

Yes, but that's a different argument, there is now evidence available that regular cannabis use in young people leads to serious mental health problems in later life.

In that case I am totally against legalising it.

My boys mother is a mental health nurse and insists the mental health issues are there anyway and smoking cannabis will just make them worse.If you're of sound mind then there's no harm in it Rog, believe me.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:36 - Oct 12 with 1154 viewsRancid

My father is of a similar age to Perch and Lifey and he detests it too.Times move on though just like prohibition did all those years ago.How's the sloegin coming along Rog?
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:40 - Oct 12 with 1148 viewslifelong

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:24 - Oct 12 by acejack3065

Well it does if it reduces organised crime and raises tax revenues.

Do you really believe that legalising cannabis will reduce organised crime?

Cigarettes are legal and billions of them are smuggled into the UK each year by criminal gangs.
Legalisng Cannabis on 18:44 - Oct 12 with 1137 viewsRancid

There'll be no need for criminal gangs to get involved if dope is legalized.Everyone will just grow their own, most do now anyway.People buy cheap cigarettes off the black market because in the shop they're too expensive.Legalize weed and Tony ten bag from up the Hill will have to get a job to make ends meet.
Login to get fewer ads

Legalisng Cannabis on 19:36 - Oct 12 with 1091 viewsshimmie

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:31 - Oct 12 by Rancid

Because him and Lifey are of a senior age and former coppers.Maybe shimmie might have a different view on it.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2015 18:32]

I do have a different opinion as it happens. Legalise all of it. I'm a strong advocate that if you take the naughtyness out of anything teenagers are less attracted to it. And anyway, when I was a kid I dabbled with all sorts and in the main drugs are a right laugh. People will destroy themselves if they are that way inclined, it being legal or not doesn't really affect the situation. What legalising it would do however, is prevent some of the utter scum at the top of organised criminal networks who make money out of it. It might prevent some of the violence I see between street level dealers who are happy to stab a fellow yoot over selling a bag of weed on a rivals patch.
Legalisng Cannabis on 19:45 - Oct 12 with 1082 viewsDr_Winston

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:07 - Oct 12 by lifelong

Yes, but that's a different argument, there is now evidence available that regular cannabis use in young people leads to serious mental health problems in later life.

In that case I am totally against legalising it.

There's evidence that many things lead to health problems later in life, including life.

Unless you're the type to spend all day cowering in bed because you're scared of your own shadow then you might as well get on with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Legalisng Cannabis on 19:46 - Oct 12 with 1080 viewsRancid

Legalisng Cannabis on 19:36 - Oct 12 by shimmie

I do have a different opinion as it happens. Legalise all of it. I'm a strong advocate that if you take the naughtyness out of anything teenagers are less attracted to it. And anyway, when I was a kid I dabbled with all sorts and in the main drugs are a right laugh. People will destroy themselves if they are that way inclined, it being legal or not doesn't really affect the situation. What legalising it would do however, is prevent some of the utter scum at the top of organised criminal networks who make money out of it. It might prevent some of the violence I see between street level dealers who are happy to stab a fellow yoot over selling a bag of weed on a rivals patch.

There we have it.Someone with a current mindset and who is right in the mix of it all and just what i hoped and thought your opinions would be on it.No offence to Lifey and Perch but the battle on drugs has clearly not improved and got worse if anything and speaking from experience it was the 'naughtyness' and curiousity of it all that made me smoke my first reefer in the first place, just like you've just said.
Legalisng Cannabis on 19:54 - Oct 12 with 1065 viewsshimmie

You don't see kids hanging round on street corners on the continent, 2ltrs of diamond white in hand like I was 20 years ago ar 16 Because they're brought up around it. There's a great line in the wire that I always think of when having this discussion. They're talking about the war on drugs when one says "this ain't a war, wars end" supply and demand my friend. Where there's demand for something people will always find a way to supply it. We may as well tax it.
Legalisng Cannabis on 19:55 - Oct 12 with 1064 viewsepaul

Without a shadow of doubt legalise it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Legalisng Cannabis on 19:57 - Oct 12 with 1059 viewslifelong

Legalisng Cannabis on 19:45 - Oct 12 by Dr_Winston

There's evidence that many things lead to health problems later in life, including life.

Unless you're the type to spend all day cowering in bed because you're scared of your own shadow then you might as well get on with it.

What a strange thing to say, there are many great things in life apart from smoking dope, snorting cocaine and sticking heroin needles in your veins.
Legalisng Cannabis on 20:00 - Oct 12 with 1052 viewsexiledclaseboy

Legalisng Cannabis on 18:40 - Oct 12 by lifelong

Do you really believe that legalising cannabis will reduce organised crime?

Cigarettes are legal and billions of them are smuggled into the UK each year by criminal gangs.

Smuggled fags save me a fortune annually. Don't knock it mun.

Poll: Tory leader

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:02 - Oct 12 with 996 viewsDarran

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:00 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

You need to grow up and quit.

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:04 - Oct 12 with 993 viewsexiledclaseboy

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:02 - Oct 12 by Darran

Whereas you just need to grow up.

Oh and ner ner nerner ner.

Poll: Tory leader

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:04 - Oct 12 with 989 viewslifelong

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:00 - Oct 12 by exiledclaseboy

That's OK, Rancid is suggesting that I'm running an illegal booze cartel because I make 2 litres of Sloe Gin a year.
Legalisng Cannabis on 20:06 - Oct 12 with 985 viewsGowerjack

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:02 - Oct 12 by Darran

Giving up the fags was one of the best things I've done and I personally didn't find it that difficult,I'm drinking much less as well nowadays..

It's a laugh a minute in Gowerjack Towers I can tell you

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:08 - Oct 12 with 982 viewsDr_Winston

Legalisng Cannabis on 19:57 - Oct 12 by lifelong

What a strange thing to say, there are many great things in life apart from smoking dope, snorting cocaine and sticking heroin needles in your veins.

Many people enjoy smoking dope and lead fulfilling and productive lives. I have even heard rumours about people who partake in a bit of Charlie now and again and do the same.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:11 - Oct 12 with 967 viewsDarran

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:06 - Oct 12 by Gowerjack

Giving up the fags was one of the best things I've done and I personally didn't find it that difficult,I'm drinking much less as well nowadays..

It's a laugh a minute in Gowerjack Towers I can tell you

That explains a lot actually you never used to be such a miserable c*nt.

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:19 - Oct 12 with 957 viewsRancid

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:04 - Oct 12 by lifelong

That's OK, Rancid is suggesting that I'm running an illegal booze cartel because I make 2 litres of Sloe Gin a year.

Ha ha ha.No I'm not.I'm saying when you was a kid alcohol was prohibited in many parts of the world and illegal.What I meant was times change and evolve and cannabis is similar as it's now legal in the very country who prohibited booze in the first place.You're old school Rog and your understanding of it is different and outdated but of course you're entitled to your opinion.I work, i go on holiday, I live a happy life, look after my children, enjoy my my hobbies and that's all whilst having smoked dope at some points throughout my life.I'd call you a dinosaur but I've met you and you're a great chap and wouldn't disrespect you.
Legalisng Cannabis on 20:26 - Oct 12 with 940 viewsDarran

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:19 - Oct 12 by Rancid

Ha ha ha.No I'm not.I'm saying when you was a kid alcohol was prohibited in many parts of the world and illegal.What I meant was times change and evolve and cannabis is similar as it's now legal in the very country who prohibited booze in the first place.You're old school Rog and your understanding of it is different and outdated but of course you're entitled to your opinion.I work, i go on holiday, I live a happy life, look after my children, enjoy my my hobbies and that's all whilst having smoked dope at some points throughout my life.I'd call you a dinosaur but I've met you and you're a great chap and wouldn't disrespect you.

Lifey was the Al Capone of Swansea back in the 30s.

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:28 - Oct 12 with 932 viewsRancid

Legalisng Cannabis on 20:26 - Oct 12 by Darran

Lifey was the Al Capone of Swansea back in the 30s.

He was anti drugs too.
Legalisng Cannabis on 20:31 - Oct 12 with 925 viewsperchrockjack

Why? It's because its harmful.

Legalising it will not see the end of drug dealing.

They will still provide a service to idle to go out and buy.

I see shimmie s point but don't agree .

That s fine.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024