Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Films 21:22 - Nov 1 with 52663 viewsskippyjack

What have all you oldies been watching lately?

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Films on 12:17 - Apr 5 with 3275 viewsLoyal

Films on 11:30 - Apr 5 by dna

Midnight Express - based on a true story - one of the best films ever
Man on Fire

The youngsters among you may not have seen them

Cracking tit scene.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Films on 12:20 - Apr 5 with 3274 viewsdna

Films on 12:17 - Apr 5 by Loyal

Cracking tit scene.

Lol - certainly doesn't spoil the film
Films on 17:35 - Apr 5 with 3211 viewsChrisSCFC

Black Mass. Awesome.

Films on 18:22 - Apr 5 with 3186 viewsRancid

Birdman - Excellent film from the same director as Spotlight and a Oscar winner too.All about Broadway and the theatre.
Films on 08:07 - Apr 6 with 3119 viewsSwaneeRiver

Watched "The Forest" - not really worth the price of a cinema ticket.
Also after enjoying "The Revenant", thought I'd look at "The Great Gatsby" and "Inception".
GG was a waste of time,we wound through bits before switching it off after an hour. Inception was in the same vein as "Matrix" - wife enjoyed it more than I did
Films on 11:28 - May 31 with 3050 viewsdna

Watched 'Creed' yesterday - not impressed

Hols next weekend - got 'Hateful Eight' & 'Southpaw' on the tablet for the flights
Films on 12:16 - May 31 with 3034 viewsflavafridge

Watched Hardcore Henry, absolutely bonkers. Acting and plot are a bit, well judge for yourself, but somehow I really enjoyed it.
Films on 16:41 - Jun 2 with 2927 viewsDafyddHuw

10, Cloverfield Lane.

John Goodman being fantastic, as per.

Psychological thriller. Twists and turns all the way.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 16:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Films on 15:52 - Jul 10 with 2752 viewsPolskijack

Watched the Green Room last night. Starts slowly but stick with it. Suspense, Gore and Patrick Stewart as the leader of some nazi skinheads. Great scene when the band turn up at the skinheads HQ for a gig and start their set with the Dead Kennedys - Nazi punks fck off. Fun was had by all!
Films on 15:59 - Jul 10 with 2739 viewsSwanjack10

Great service on kodi with apollo build.
1) The bfg
2) never back down no surrender
3) hardcore henry
All good films

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Films on 18:33 - Jul 10 with 2697 viewsexiledclaseboy

The "live action" remake of The Jungle Book was outstanding.

Poll: Tory leader

Films on 22:56 - Aug 26 with 2441 viewsSwanjack10

Mr Church
Suicide squad
Kidnap

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Films on 23:00 - Aug 26 with 2438 viewsLord_Bony

David Brent ....Life on the Road

It were alright like but you must read up on what the film is about before you see it or you will not laugh.

Basically he got mental problems and a midwife crisis and is on the road with his band....none of whom want to talk to him because he is so uncool.... 6 out of 10.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Films on 22:50 - Sep 27 with 2237 viewsLord_Bony

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

Not a bad yarn but I prefer the original with Yul Brynner..7 out of 10

THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Not as good as the first one the problem is the blood its a 15 certificate so blood is kept to a minimum as a result its not scary. 6 out of 10

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Films on 22:52 - Sep 27 with 2231 viewsDarran

Films on 23:00 - Aug 26 by Lord_Bony

David Brent ....Life on the Road

It were alright like but you must read up on what the film is about before you see it or you will not laugh.

Basically he got mental problems and a midwife crisis and is on the road with his band....none of whom want to talk to him because he is so uncool.... 6 out of 10.

Must have been when he was born.

F*ck me you're thick aye.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Films on 22:54 - Sep 27 with 2230 viewsLord_Bony

ave a laugh ffs

Films on 23:04 - Sep 27 with 2218 viewsDarran

Films on 22:54 - Sep 27 by Lord_Bony

ave a laugh ffs

I'm pissing myself .................... at you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Films on 23:13 - Sep 27 with 2209 viewsLord_Bony

heh heh

Films on 09:03 - Sep 28 with 2129 viewsmagicdaps10

Watched Brooklyn last night, thoroughly enjoyed.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Films on 14:33 - Oct 6 with 2028 viewsPegojack

Went see 'The Girl on the Train' last night.

Enjoyed it, and scored it 7/10. I read the novel a while back, so there was no dramatic shock in it for me because I knew who 'did it', but thought the strong acting carried it through to a reasonably satisfying conclusion, despite being transposed from London to New York state. it was a bit confusing that Emily Blunt played the lead character as, presumably, an English ex-pat. She was the only one in the film with an English accent, and this was a bit disconcerting. Strange to see Lisa Kudrow playing a middle aged woman a bit frayed around the edges if you mostly remember her from 'Friends' like me.

PS Personalised review for 'Loyal' - a few bits of tit in it.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 14:40]
Films on 15:05 - Oct 6 with 2007 viewslondonlisa2001

Films on 14:33 - Oct 6 by Pegojack

Went see 'The Girl on the Train' last night.

Enjoyed it, and scored it 7/10. I read the novel a while back, so there was no dramatic shock in it for me because I knew who 'did it', but thought the strong acting carried it through to a reasonably satisfying conclusion, despite being transposed from London to New York state. it was a bit confusing that Emily Blunt played the lead character as, presumably, an English ex-pat. She was the only one in the film with an English accent, and this was a bit disconcerting. Strange to see Lisa Kudrow playing a middle aged woman a bit frayed around the edges if you mostly remember her from 'Friends' like me.

PS Personalised review for 'Loyal' - a few bits of tit in it.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 14:40]

I've read the book so was wondering whether to bother going so it's good that you said you enjoyed it anyway.

Good cast - Allison Janney is in it isn't she?

I saw the Bridge of Spies last night for the first time which I thought was very good. Love Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance and thought they were both excellent.
Films on 15:44 - Oct 6 with 1995 viewsPegojack

Films on 15:05 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

I've read the book so was wondering whether to bother going so it's good that you said you enjoyed it anyway.

Good cast - Allison Janney is in it isn't she?

I saw the Bridge of Spies last night for the first time which I thought was very good. Love Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance and thought they were both excellent.

Yes, Allison Janney is in it, I had to look it up, she's a police detective investigating the murder, not a very big part.

I thought Bridge of Spies was superb, probably a 9.5 or 10/10, Hanks and Rylance both amazing, that was cinema heaven for me.
Films on 15:49 - Oct 6 with 1992 viewslondonlisa2001

Films on 15:44 - Oct 6 by Pegojack

Yes, Allison Janney is in it, I had to look it up, she's a police detective investigating the murder, not a very big part.

I thought Bridge of Spies was superb, probably a 9.5 or 10/10, Hanks and Rylance both amazing, that was cinema heaven for me.

Spielberg does that sort of film so well.

And I could watch either of Tom Hanks or Mark Rylance in anything.

Really enjoyed it.
Films on 04:29 - Oct 7 with 1951 viewssquarebear

Deepwater Horizon - reenactment of the oil rig disaster.

Leave your brain at home as that will undoubtedly enhance the film, which seemed to consist of lots of CGI, a few actors phoning it in and very little else.
Films on 09:29 - Oct 7 with 1933 viewsjackal

Films on 15:49 - Oct 6 by londonlisa2001

Spielberg does that sort of film so well.

And I could watch either of Tom Hanks or Mark Rylance in anything.

Really enjoyed it.

Agree with this, Didn't know about Mark Rylance before but was mightily impressed with his performance.

Hanks is always excellent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024