Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 00:33 - Nov 18 with 2227 viewsSwansNZ

What a great player he was.
40 years old FFS
RIP

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11547393

All Blacks legend Jonah Lomu has passed away in Auckland today at the age of 40.

Former All Blacks doctor John Mayhew confirmed Lomu had died unexpectedly this morning.

The All Blacks great was still suffering from the rare kidney disorder known as nephrotic syndrome that began to make itself apparent even when he was making global headlines steamrolling England into submission at the 1995 Rugby World Cup and afterwards.

Lomu had a kidney transplant in 2004 which assisted his battle for seven and a half years. But his body rejected the replacement organ in 2011.

He had recently been in England for the with his family as a spokesman for Heineken during the Rugby World Cup.

Lomu made 73 appearances for the All Blacks, making his Test debut in 1994 against France in Christchurch.

Lomu scored 43 tries in the black jersey, before having to quit the sport in 2002 because of Nephrotic syndrome, a rare kidney disease.

He suffered a health scare in 2011, pulling out of the Fight for Life charity boxing event with kidney troubles, just seven years after his life-saving kidney transplant.

Lomu spent the last couple of months touring the UK with his family for the Rugby World Cup.

"By the end of it I'll have learnt the ins and outs of every clinic in the country," he joked to the London Telegraph.

"I am thankful that I have a beautiful wife and the kids are here. Nadine makes sure that my family stays together.

"She is my manager, my wife, my best friend and my boss!"

He hoped that his children would get a special insight into the game where their father made his name.

"It's a game that has given me so much and it's an opportunity to show them what their dad used to do," he told the Daily Express. "They love their rugby"

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 00:41 - Nov 18 with 2211 viewsDTSS19

Grim reading this

RIP big man
All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 00:55 - Nov 18 with 2192 viewsBanosswan

Distraught. A true legend.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 01:03 - Nov 18 with 2183 viewsSwansNZ

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 00:55 - Nov 18 by Banosswan

Distraught. A true legend.

He appeared to be a genuinely nice person unlike a lot of top sports stars.
I remember after a pre-season game when he was still playing, he was signing autographs and having photos taken with the kids (and quite a few adults) long after every other player had gone, the security had to just about force him to leave in the end.

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 07:11 - Nov 18 with 2100 viewsPhil_S

One the few people I would have gone out of my way to watch play rugby

A true legend of the game and at 40 just no age - RIP and feel for his two children and wife today
All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 07:40 - Nov 18 with 2074 viewsjack_lord

I heard this morning and was also genuinely upset. RIP Jonah

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 08:26 - Nov 18 with 2041 viewsJack_Meoff

Ah that's very sad. 40 is no age. Incredible back in the day, the memory of all those white shirts bouncing off him in rwc 95, like Carling said, a 'freak of nature.'
RIP fella.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 08:32 - Nov 18 with 2036 viewsorion3016

Legend

He can be credited with playing a huge part in taking rugby global

Be over there now after

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 09:30 - Nov 18 with 2000 viewstrampie

A legend of the game

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 09:36 - Nov 18 with 1993 viewsperchrockjack

Legend is a much overused word bu thisguy will live for ever in the minds of those who saw him and heard him.

Humble ,talented and great man.

We ve lost someone special today.

40? Dear God.

Thanks Jonah

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 09:52 - Nov 18 with 1977 viewsdickythorpe

RIP

A legend. I'm pretty sure he played at Stradey in Ieuan Evans's testimonial in the mid 90's.
Plus a mate of mine played against him at the Talbot Athletic Ground for a medical side against Aberavon Naval about 8 years ago.

A real gent off the field.
All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 10:32 - Nov 18 with 1939 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 11:09 - Nov 18 with 1919 viewsImAlrightJack

So sad and a horrible and shocking piece of news to wake up to.

RIP Jonah, always loved that try against England.
All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 12:07 - Nov 18 with 1886 viewsmax936

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 11:09 - Nov 18 by ImAlrightJack

So sad and a horrible and shocking piece of news to wake up to.

RIP Jonah, always loved that try against England.

Shocking news, one of the all time greats and a gentleman, he'll be sorely missed by all that knew him.

RIP Jonah.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 13:31 - Nov 18 with 1842 viewsdickythorpe

One hell of a picture that Dar, Jerry was a big man but looks dwarfed by Jonah.
All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 13:40 - Nov 18 with 1828 viewsjackharris

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 10:32 - Nov 18 by Darran

A very iconic photo Dar. It is really quite unbelievable to think both Jonah and Jerry and not with us anymore. They were both amazing. RIP Jonah and Jerry!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 16:53 - Nov 18 with 1771 viewsCountyJim

Not a Rugby fan but the man came over as a gent

RIP
All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 18:51 - Nov 18 with 1737 viewsJackfath

So sad. Very fond memories of him smashing his way through England.

Thanks Mr Lomu you'll always be a legend to me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 22:32 - Nov 18 with 1675 viewsPacemaker

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 22:56 - Nov 18 with 1656 viewsskippyjack

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 22:32 - Nov 18 by Pacemaker

Freak of nature... high jump!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 23:14 - Nov 18 with 1648 viewsDarran

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 23:58 - Nov 30 with 1447 viewsDarran

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/im-gonna-tell-a-few-stories-about-th

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 00:39 - Dec 1 with 1430 viewsSwansNZ

All Blacks star Jonah Lomu has died aged 40 on 23:58 - Nov 30 by Darran

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/im-gonna-tell-a-few-stories-about-th

nice one Dar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024