Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? 17:51 - Nov 22 with 5268 viewsPhil_S

Ashley Williams and Andre Ayew are clearly still backing the boss but does he have your support?

Ashley Williams
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41144

Andre Ayew
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41142/ayew-gives-his-back

Ash and Ayew have both backed Garry Monk, does he still have your support?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:18 - Nov 23 with 1271 viewsdaijack15

If we were in the bottom three with just 5 or 6 points then yes questions should be asked but we are not so why the rush to sack someone who has got us our highest finish in the premiership.....It don't make any sense whatsoever and im glad the club and the players have come out and quash any rumors that we now know is false. We should as fans be giving 100% backing like the club and players and not unnecessary calling for him to be sacked when we are not close as we are of getting to the middle of the table....how anyone cant see how close the league is is beyond me and everyone around us if you look are in the same form......there is no need to overreact just because the media does, they have to sell papers and will pounce on anyone who is not doing as expected......they love it...
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 10:26 - Nov 24 with 1147 viewsMrSwerve

There's always going to be a problem when you appoint a club 'legend' as a manager. If he does great, it's kind of expected...if he does badly, it puts people in an awkward position.

If our manager was someone without a Swansea history, I've no doubt that he would either be gone by now or very close to it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 10:29 - Nov 24 with 1144 viewsjack247

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:18 - Nov 23 by daijack15

If we were in the bottom three with just 5 or 6 points then yes questions should be asked but we are not so why the rush to sack someone who has got us our highest finish in the premiership.....It don't make any sense whatsoever and im glad the club and the players have come out and quash any rumors that we now know is false. We should as fans be giving 100% backing like the club and players and not unnecessary calling for him to be sacked when we are not close as we are of getting to the middle of the table....how anyone cant see how close the league is is beyond me and everyone around us if you look are in the same form......there is no need to overreact just because the media does, they have to sell papers and will pounce on anyone who is not doing as expected......they love it...

And breathe.

People aren't concerned by our points tally or league position. We are concerned that we have picked up 6? points since August and have 1 win in 10 games. On top of that (and to my mind causing it), we are slowly morphing from a free flowing, attractive, attacking team, to one without any real game plan.

No one is doubting what Garry did last year. Laudrup had a phenomenal first season, but was deservedly sacked the year after.
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 11:58 - Nov 24 with 1109 viewsjasper_T

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 10:29 - Nov 24 by jack247

And breathe.

People aren't concerned by our points tally or league position. We are concerned that we have picked up 6? points since August and have 1 win in 10 games. On top of that (and to my mind causing it), we are slowly morphing from a free flowing, attractive, attacking team, to one without any real game plan.

No one is doubting what Garry did last year. Laudrup had a phenomenal first season, but was deservedly sacked the year after.

We were "slowly morphing" about a year ago. The change is now complete.
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 12:18 - Nov 25 with 938 viewsNatterjack

I'd love to support him but after probably our worst display in The Premier League I honestly feel he is way out of his depth.

Things were great when we were performing, but I don't feel he has what it takes to turn this around as we are going from bad to worse.

Hope I'm wrong but I fear he'll be gone if (when) we get tonked this weekend!
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 13:19 - Nov 25 with 924 viewsymaohyd

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:18 - Nov 23 by daijack15

What a load of boll ox!

Personally, I will always the support the manager, who has been appointed by the board who have had an excellent record of choosing wisely and particularly a man like Garry Monk who is and always will be a legend, a man who can walk around our new facilities and with a huge sense of pride think to himself, I've helped to create this.

If the board came out and said regardless of our position, we will back Garry Monk whatever. We believe in him, we don't need to stay in the Premier League at all costs, we are financially secure and have the money already to finish the infrastructure of the club. We believe Garry Monk is our future and a man who is part of the Swansea City family, we believe in integrity and will support him...I would support them 100% and continue to love the club in whatever league we are in and my opinion of the club would be reinforced.

But and however....If the job in hand is to stay in the Premier League, regardless, to be part of the massive amount of money that will be on offer next season. Money which the board are relying on massively to continue developing the infrastructure of the club, then quite simply and sadly in my opinion after Saturday GM should have been relieved of his position. I've said it before and I'll say it again, whether or not you're still playing or are now managing, you're only as good as your recent results!

There's a big, fat, massive reason called money why up until he left his position as Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers was the longest serving manager in the Prem (outside of Wenger) and he was only in the job, 3 and a bit seasons! That's the nature of the beast. Such is the money involved, either to compete for top 4 or to remain in the league the stakes are too high to bide time and 'see how it goes'. No you cant advocate sacking a manager after a few losses, but when over a sizeable number of games, things have gone badly wrong, it's time to act and usually, acting usually has a positive reaction.

Michael Laudrup's Swans side were superb in that first season, we played the best football at times that I have ever seen the Swans play and of course we won the League Cup. But, over practically a season, the end of one and the start of another our results were dire. We needed a change, Monks came in, did brilliantly resulting in last season. Was Laudrup a success> absolutely, but a change was needed and a steadying of the ship followed.

I can't go down to all home games, due to work, so I'm not sure if I'm in a better position than those who go down every game to pass judgement, but that performance that was served up on Saturday was crap with a capital C. A lot has been said about the style last season, I backed GM to the hilt like others, pointing to results, the team evolving and needing different strategies that in the past we haven't had...for me all those boxes were ticked. But Stoke, Norwich, Saturday....clueless.

I expect a better performance against Liverpool, possibly one of those heroic defeats that is the most annoying, but after these run of games coming up we are going to be right in a relegation dog fight and the pressure on the manager and the club is only going to intensify.

But back to my first point, if the club feel integrity is more important than the mighty £ they have my backing all the way, but if the name of the game is staying in the Prem at all costs for financial reasons, then the way we are going, we are and are going to be right in the sh it very shortly!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 15:02 - Nov 25 with 889 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"There's a big, fat, massive reason called money why up until he left his position as Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers was the longest serving manager in the Prem (outside of Wenger) and he was only in the job, 3 and a bit seasons!"
I think you might have forgotten a certain Alex Ferguson there?
But we know what you mean, the pressure to succeed is immense.
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 15:04 - Nov 25 with 881 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 12:18 - Nov 25 by Natterjack

I'd love to support him but after probably our worst display in The Premier League I honestly feel he is way out of his depth.

Things were great when we were performing, but I don't feel he has what it takes to turn this around as we are going from bad to worse.

Hope I'm wrong but I fear he'll be gone if (when) we get tonked this weekend!

Funny, because that is exactly what GM did when he took over, so theoretically he should be able to do it again by applying the same rules/tactics /ideas.
But we will soon see.
Login to get fewer ads

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 15:27 - Nov 25 with 880 viewsymaohyd

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 15:02 - Nov 25 by A_Fans_Dad

"There's a big, fat, massive reason called money why up until he left his position as Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers was the longest serving manager in the Prem (outside of Wenger) and he was only in the job, 3 and a bit seasons!"
I think you might have forgotten a certain Alex Ferguson there?
But we know what you mean, the pressure to succeed is immense.

Eh..?

When BR was sacked by Liverpool earlier this season, apart from Wenger at that time he was the longest serving manager in the Prem, SAF had long left Man United!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:36 - Nov 25 with 828 viewsGlyn1

I don’t think that we are going to replace Garry because I think that he’ll turn things around, but if we do then potential candidates for manager would have to meet the following four criteria when they are interviewed:

(1) He must keep us in the Premier League.

(2) He must have experience as a Premier League manager.

(3) He must be committed to keep our passing style of play.

(4) His initials must not be B R.

Personally, I don’t know of anyone who meets those four points, which is why I think that Garry will be staying.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:52 - Nov 25 with 822 viewsdaijack15

Monks job is as safe as klopp's or any other manager. nobody is having a good season......
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 19:26 - Nov 25 with 809 viewsjack247

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 18:52 - Nov 25 by daijack15

Monks job is as safe as klopp's or any other manager. nobody is having a good season......

He is odds on favourite to be sacked. That's a bizarre thing to say
Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:47 - Nov 25 with 773 viewsmonmouth

LMAO. On 5 live now. "Van Gaal must go. Rubbish football, sick of watching this rubbish. Don't care if we're winning or not, so uninspiring. Worse than Moyes"

Sound familiar?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 22:04 - Nov 25 with 756 viewslibero

Do You Still Support Garry Monk As Swans Boss? on 21:47 - Nov 25 by monmouth

LMAO. On 5 live now. "Van Gaal must go. Rubbish football, sick of watching this rubbish. Don't care if we're winning or not, so uninspiring. Worse than Moyes"

Sound familiar?

Familiar indeed.

Oh for a fraction of the entertainment we once savoured - as poured upon us last night by Barca
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024