Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup turns down Denmark 19:00 - Nov 23 with 5226 viewsAnotherJohn

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/denmark/news/laudrup-turns-down-denmark-job

Wants to stay free for the big job?
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 12:20 - Nov 24 with 1207 viewsjasper_T

Laudrup didn't give a shit about training when he was a player, and he doesn't give a shit about training as a manager.

If he'd got Monk in as assistant to run a couple of sessions a week we'd be laughing all the way to the Champions League.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 16:29 - Nov 24 with 1143 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 12:20 - Nov 24 by jasper_T

Laudrup didn't give a shit about training when he was a player, and he doesn't give a shit about training as a manager.

If he'd got Monk in as assistant to run a couple of sessions a week we'd be laughing all the way to the Champions League.

Which was my dream ticket and what i thought was so dissapointing about the whole saga .

Laudrup for his profile and being a name that players will want to sign for and Monk to cut his teeth as a coach, of course that was never going to happen, both Laudrup and Sousa were the absolute top of the tree as players and knew how to look after themselves in terms of lifestyle ,my guess is that they expect their pro's to do the same, strange how neither were good enough for some of the British senior pro's at Swansea init ?
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 07:06 - Nov 26 with 1053 viewsjackedup

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 12:20 - Nov 24 by jasper_T

And what makes you think that?

If the players give a shit now, and not producing on match days, what good has their seriousness in training done them?

By the way, when you have matches on Thursdays, 10-12 more fixtures due to Europa League commitments, while having 8-9 players on the treatment bench, what would you expect in terms of results?

One of the all-time greatest sprinters, Michael Johnson, said that he intentionally never gave more than 80 percent in training. Does this indicate that he didn't give a shit?

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 7:07]
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 09:21 - Nov 26 with 1024 viewsjasper_T

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 07:06 - Nov 26 by jackedup

And what makes you think that?

If the players give a shit now, and not producing on match days, what good has their seriousness in training done them?

By the way, when you have matches on Thursdays, 10-12 more fixtures due to Europa League commitments, while having 8-9 players on the treatment bench, what would you expect in terms of results?

One of the all-time greatest sprinters, Michael Johnson, said that he intentionally never gave more than 80 percent in training. Does this indicate that he didn't give a shit?

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 7:07]

I'm not sure which specific point you're questioning, but Laudrup rarely gave more than 80% in matches, let alone training.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 09:28 - Nov 26 with 1019 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 12:18 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Laudrup deserved to be sacked when he was mind. I doubt Huw made things any easier with his determination to shoehorn Monk somewhere into the equation, but things clearly were not right on and off the pitch at the time. Much like every other job he's had.

This.

Should have been in the same league as Pep et al.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 09:29 - Nov 26 with 1017 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 16:29 - Nov 24 by icecoldjack

Which was my dream ticket and what i thought was so dissapointing about the whole saga .

Laudrup for his profile and being a name that players will want to sign for and Monk to cut his teeth as a coach, of course that was never going to happen, both Laudrup and Sousa were the absolute top of the tree as players and knew how to look after themselves in terms of lifestyle ,my guess is that they expect their pro's to do the same, strange how neither were good enough for some of the British senior pro's at Swansea init ?

That's called man management, sadly.

When he was arsed, he was unreal.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 09:43 - Nov 26 with 1009 viewsBloodyhills

Laudrup is lauded as a demigod in Denmark. Why run the risk of fecking that up by making a hash of the national team.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 15:16]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:12 - Nov 26 with 987 viewsjackedup

There was an interview a few years ago, where he said he would only take on Denmark near the end of his coaching career. It is a very different job taking on a national side, where you don't really get to develop the players, which Laudrup enjoys very much. I think he enjoys the day-to-day interactions with the players, and maybe he even has aspirations of winning an continental title in Asia with Lekhwiya (they made it to the quarterfinals this year, which equalled their best ever performance). He's won two pieces of silverware this year, and one last year. I think it is important to have some stability during one's managerial career, and he has found it. And of course it doesn't hurt that he's being paid more than five times what he earned at Swansea.
Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:14 - Nov 26 with 984 viewsjackedup

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 09:21 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

I'm not sure which specific point you're questioning, but Laudrup rarely gave more than 80% in matches, let alone training.

And how did you come to conclude that? His cool demeanor didn't change from the time he led Swansea to its first major trophy. I think you are mistaking his typically Scandinavian coolness with apathy, and it is rather judgmental.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:22 - Nov 26 with 977 viewsjasper_T

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:14 - Nov 26 by jackedup

And how did you come to conclude that? His cool demeanor didn't change from the time he led Swansea to its first major trophy. I think you are mistaking his typically Scandinavian coolness with apathy, and it is rather judgmental.

I concluded that when Johan Cruyff said it to the press, repeatedly.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:27 - Nov 26 with 974 viewsjasper_T

“One of the most difficult players I have worked with. When he gives 80—90% he is still by far the best, but I want 100%, and he rarely does that. (..) When Michael plays like a dream, a magic illusion, determined to show his extreme abilities, no one in the world comes anywhere near his level.”
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:42 - Nov 26 with 966 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:22 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

The same johan cruff who had a big falling out with laudrup ? Strange that the same wasnt levelled at laudrup in

Brondby
Juventus
Real madrid
Ajax

No personal agenda there then, especially when cruff needed to deflect one of the biggest transfer coups by their biggest rival.

But lets just take one mans tainted view point and hold that up as the absolute truth then .
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 11:05 - Nov 26 with 947 viewsDarran

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:42 - Nov 26 by icecoldjack

The same johan cruff who had a big falling out with laudrup ? Strange that the same wasnt levelled at laudrup in

Brondby
Juventus
Real madrid
Ajax

No personal agenda there then, especially when cruff needed to deflect one of the biggest transfer coups by their biggest rival.

But lets just take one mans tainted view point and hold that up as the absolute truth then .

Have a w*nk and get it out of you system Icey FFS you sound like a 14 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

F*cking hell mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 11:34 - Nov 26 with 928 viewsjackedup

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:22 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

He said nothing that implies what you have said.

He said that he's still the best when he gives only 80-90 percent. Maybe that was his secret.

Besides, when someone is arguably one of the top 50-100 players of all time, then criticism of what they do on the training ground needs to be taken with a big grain of salt.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 11:39]
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 11:58 - Nov 26 with 914 viewsshandyjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 11:05 - Nov 26 by Darran

Have a w*nk and get it out of you system Icey FFS you sound like a 14 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

F*cking hell mun.

fair do's funniest thing you've ever said

Poll: Expectation for the season

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 14:49 - Nov 26 with 795 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 11:05 - Nov 26 by Darran

F*cking hell mun.

I sound like a 14yr old girl because i add balance to the debate ??

Ok, whatever you say scuffy .
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 15:05 - Nov 26 with 786 viewsDarran

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 14:49 - Nov 26 by icecoldjack

I sound like a 14yr old girl because i add balance to the debate ??

Ok, whatever you say scuffy .

Yeah you the one that's been tonguing his sphincter since the day he left.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 15:29 - Nov 26 with 765 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 15:05 - Nov 26 by Darran

Yeah you the one that's been tonguing his sphincter since the day he left.

Well i suppose if i'm going to be falsely accused of tonguing the sphincter it may as well be of one of greatest players ever and the first manager to win Swansea city fc it's first major trophy playing some the best football the club has seen in roughly a hundred years ..on a budget .

As for what i say about him, it's always been the same. Everybody could and should have done better for SCFC . Laudrup,the board and stab in the back senior players, if they all head their heads banged together then the Swans really could have progressed not regressed .

But hey, why am i trying to talk football with you, your fookin' clueless about it ,what i should say is ...

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 15:36 - Nov 26 with 762 viewskarnataka

I wonder if there was a clause in the Denmark contract saying that the manager was not allowed to piss off to Paris to have lunch with his daughter the day after the team put in the worst performance for several years but were still given the next day off.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:00 - Nov 26 with 741 viewsshandyjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 15:29 - Nov 26 by icecoldjack

Well i suppose if i'm going to be falsely accused of tonguing the sphincter it may as well be of one of greatest players ever and the first manager to win Swansea city fc it's first major trophy playing some the best football the club has seen in roughly a hundred years ..on a budget .

As for what i say about him, it's always been the same. Everybody could and should have done better for SCFC . Laudrup,the board and stab in the back senior players, if they all head their heads banged together then the Swans really could have progressed not regressed .

But hey, why am i trying to talk football with you, your fookin' clueless about it ,what i should say is ...

last season we were breaking records all over the park, i'd hardly say that was a regression.
And he heardly had a tight budget he spent over £30m in two seasons, breaking our record transfer fee 3 times

Poll: Expectation for the season

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:09 - Nov 26 with 734 viewsjasper_T

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 15:36 - Nov 26 by karnataka

I wonder if there was a clause in the Denmark contract saying that the manager was not allowed to piss off to Paris to have lunch with his daughter the day after the team put in the worst performance for several years but were still given the next day off.

Not sure what training the day after the game was supposed to accomplish tbh. If it made them better players it would be standard practice.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:21 - Nov 26 with 728 viewsItchySphincter

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 20:28 - Nov 23 by icecoldjack

I dunno, you need pretty big bollocks to move from being a legend at Barca to being a legend at Real Madrid.

Different generation. He definitely hasn't got the stomach for a fight. Alright when things are going his way though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:30 - Nov 26 with 719 viewswaynekerr55

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:09 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

Not sure what training the day after the game was supposed to accomplish tbh. If it made them better players it would be standard practice.

Active recovery session. Reduces fatigue. Probably in the cryo chamber too.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:31 - Nov 26 with 717 viewsDarran

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:30 - Nov 26 by waynekerr55

Active recovery session. Reduces fatigue. Probably in the cryo chamber too.

People are baffling me Wayne they seem to have no concept of modern day football whatsoever.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:35 - Nov 26 with 712 viewsDarran

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 17:21 - Nov 26 by ItchySphincter

Different generation. He definitely hasn't got the stomach for a fight. Alright when things are going his way though.

He can't hear you his ears are full of shit due to his head being up Mikeys arse for the last two years.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 17:36]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024