Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup turns down Denmark 19:00 - Nov 23 with 5225 viewsAnotherJohn

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/denmark/news/laudrup-turns-down-denmark-job

Wants to stay free for the big job?
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 19:01 - Nov 23 with 2561 viewsDarran

He hasn't got the bollox for it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 19:12 - Nov 23 with 2522 viewsorion3016

I liked him, especially when he trapped the ball stone dead with his loafers on

Be over there now after

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 19:21 - Nov 23 with 2485 viewshobo

He's coming home!
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 20:20 - Nov 23 with 2402 viewsunion_jack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 19:21 - Nov 23 by hobo

He's coming home!

No, I think it says he's turned down Denmark.

So long as he doesn't come back here...!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 20:21 - Nov 23 with 2400 viewsbuilthjack

Newcastle

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 20:28 - Nov 23 with 2375 viewsGlyn1

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 20:21 - Nov 23 by builthjack

Newcastle

That's very interesting. Newcastle makes perfect sense. He can practically commute to Copenhagen from Newcastle airport. It really is a sleeping giant whose fans are dying for attractive football and a good Cup run, and we know that he can provide that.

Anyway, neither he nor Brendan will want to come back here.

But what does The True Geordie say???
[Post edited 23 Nov 2015 20:30]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 20:28 - Nov 23 with 2374 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 19:01 - Nov 23 by Darran

He hasn't got the bollox for it.

I dunno, you need pretty big bollocks to move from being a legend at Barca to being a legend at Real Madrid.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:06 - Nov 23 with 2264 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 19:12 - Nov 23 by orion3016

I liked him, especially when he trapped the ball stone dead with his loafers on

If Tutumulu wasn't his agent I'd say yes but our board couldn't handle him or his reputation as a supertar of world football. The football he got our team playing was mesmeric at times. I'll never forget QPR away , the League cup win or our foray into Europe.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:08 - Nov 23 with 2256 viewsWatchman

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:06 - Nov 23 by Brynmill_Jack

If Tutumulu wasn't his agent I'd say yes but our board couldn't handle him or his reputation as a supertar of world football. The football he got our team playing was mesmeric at times. I'll never forget QPR away , the League cup win or our foray into Europe.

erm West Ham away?

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:08 - Nov 23 with 2256 viewsshandyjack

or West Ham Away and the way we gave up vs the big teams in the league before a ball was kicked

Poll: Expectation for the season

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:14 - Nov 23 with 2233 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:08 - Nov 23 by shandyjack

or West Ham Away and the way we gave up vs the big teams in the league before a ball was kicked

ermm.. don't we always get anawfulperformance at West Ham away?

In fairness we seem to give up against the lesser teams instead these days, like Norwich,Watford,Sunderland etc .

3 pts against your rivals is probably more important though less fun.

Anyway, i know which football i'd prefer watching and it isn't what is being served up of late, the Swans need to beck to what makes them tick .
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:16 - Nov 23 with 2224 viewshobo

This. Way too many great performances to mention. We were literally unplayable at times.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:17 - Nov 23 with 2221 viewsshandyjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:14 - Nov 23 by icecoldjack

ermm.. don't we always get anawfulperformance at West Ham away?

In fairness we seem to give up against the lesser teams instead these days, like Norwich,Watford,Sunderland etc .

3 pts against your rivals is probably more important though less fun.

Anyway, i know which football i'd prefer watching and it isn't what is being served up of late, the Swans need to beck to what makes them tick .

yeah the football after winning the league cup was scintillating wasn't it.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:26 - Nov 23 with 2196 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:17 - Nov 23 by shandyjack

I find that statement funny. "Yeah, we were sh*t after we won our first ever major trophy".

A lot has been regurgitated recently along the lines of- "some of you lot should remember the bad times".

If you could have told someone in those bad times (for example 2003) "I've seen the future and we're going to win the league cup in 2013. The bad news is we play sh*t afterwards and only finish 12 th in the Premier League".

Edit - I forgot to add "and what's worse we only beat Valencia 3-0 away in the UEFA and hammer Napoli at home 0-0".

Damn - I wish Laudrup had given Darran an autographed picture - he'd still be here now

[Post edited 23 Nov 2015 22:32]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:28 - Nov 23 with 2191 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:17 - Nov 23 by shandyjack

Yes it was at times , especially going into Valencia and beating them 0-3 in their backyard.

Do you think the football is better now then ?
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 06:43 - Nov 24 with 2092 viewsshandyjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:28 - Nov 23 by icecoldjack

Yes it was at times , especially going into Valencia and beating them 0-3 in their backyard.

Do you think the football is better now then ?

It's on a par atm with the last few games under ML. Last season was for me as exciting as ML first season bar the cup run.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 07:04 - Nov 24 with 2072 viewsDr_Winston

When Laudrup's teams were bad, they were as bad as we are now. When Laudup's teams were good, they pissed all over the best of Monk. Best of probably every other manager we've had too.

Last season doesn't come close, regardless of points. When we were stuck using that diamond nonsense we were extremely dull to watch.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 08:06 - Nov 24 with 2022 viewsAnotherJohn

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 22:08 - Nov 23 by Watchman

erm West Ham away?

Never understood this one. Yes, we lost 2-0 and had a poor game; it was no 7-0 humiliation. West Ham went on a great run and beat better teams than us. Saturday against relegation certainties at home we played worse. It is the same when people talk about our last six games now and under Laudrup. I found this Wales Online article interesting.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 8:10]
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 09:28 - Nov 24 with 1963 viewsjasper_T

Andy Carroll becomes a world beater the minute he crosses the border. Not Laudrup's fault, that.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 09:50 - Nov 24 with 1943 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 08:06 - Nov 24 by AnotherJohn

Never understood this one. Yes, we lost 2-0 and had a poor game; it was no 7-0 humiliation. West Ham went on a great run and beat better teams than us. Saturday against relegation certainties at home we played worse. It is the same when people talk about our last six games now and under Laudrup. I found this Wales Online article interesting.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-boss-garr
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 8:10]

Facts can be unfortunate at times. So Laudrup's team won three of his last six games. That can't possibly be right because we were heading down without a doubt according to many.

There were clearly big problems at the end of Laudrup's reign but there's no way he was sacked for results. The problems ran far deeper than that.

The worrying thing at the moment is that the team looks similarly directionless and lacking in motivation to then and the results are worse. Clearly Garry will be cut a lot more slack than Laudrup was.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:57 - Nov 24 with 1894 viewsicecoldjack

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 06:43 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

It's on a par atm with the last few games under ML. Last season was for me as exciting as ML first season bar the cup run.

If last seasons football was as exciting as the first laudrup season then i think you are in a minority.
I notice you said bar the cup run. Ok we will just forget about us winning our first major trophy in 100 yrs to suit your argument then !

Each to their own and i respect your point of view, but for me the spanish influence of michu,chico pablo with JDG supplimenting with an improving routs and dyer was football that was nothing short of breath taking at times.

To be lauded by the top spanish papers and loved by everyone for what we were doing on a fraction of the budget we have now was amazing. There were some serious top end performances and a fast way of one touch football through the middle that we cannot ever get close to at the moment.

Its no secret that when laudrup wanted to move some on and take some out of the comfortzone he met resistance but you have to say that on reflection his way forward was the one to follow.
Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:59 - Nov 24 with 1890 viewsKerouac

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 10:57 - Nov 24 by icecoldjack

If last seasons football was as exciting as the first laudrup season then i think you are in a minority.
I notice you said bar the cup run. Ok we will just forget about us winning our first major trophy in 100 yrs to suit your argument then !

Each to their own and i respect your point of view, but for me the spanish influence of michu,chico pablo with JDG supplimenting with an improving routs and dyer was football that was nothing short of breath taking at times.

To be lauded by the top spanish papers and loved by everyone for what we were doing on a fraction of the budget we have now was amazing. There were some serious top end performances and a fast way of one touch football through the middle that we cannot ever get close to at the moment.

Its no secret that when laudrup wanted to move some on and take some out of the comfortzone he met resistance but you have to say that on reflection his way forward was the one to follow.

Exactly.
Well said that man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 11:01 - Nov 24 with 1884 viewsDarran

Iceys still hanging off Mikeys bell end then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 11:22 - Nov 24 with 1861 viewsKerouac

Small minded bitter fools.

Laudrup proved himself on the biggest stage of all over and over again.
In football you don't get more pressure than what he had on his shoulders playing for Barcelona and then Real Madrid. As a young player he had the pressure of playing in a poor Juventus side also, and came through with flying colours.

This is the man that led our club to it's first major trophy in our centenary year.
The man that continued to behave professionally and honour his contract while Huw and co. fell out with his agent and the players fell out with eachother.
The man that never, ever, hid behind excuses or blamed his players when the shit came on top from the media and our fans when results didn't go our way.....and a lot of the bad results were purely down to mistakes made by players (Ash, Taylor, Vorm, Rangel and Chico all had their moments which cost us points, actually Tremmel too).

I wonder what some who question Laudrup's bollocks have achieved in life?
I wonder how they respond to pressure?

He doesn't want the job right now and nobody on this board could possibly know his reasons for not wanting it so speculating is pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Laudrup turns down Denmark on 12:18 - Nov 24 with 1815 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup deserved to be sacked when he was mind. I doubt Huw made things any easier with his determination to shoehorn Monk somewhere into the equation, but things clearly were not right on and off the pitch at the time. Much like every other job he's had.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024