Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" 21:12 - Nov 23 with 4928 viewsPhil_S

With "senior board members"

Never happened as there was never one planned.
Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:12 - Nov 23 with 1521 viewsLoyal

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:08 - Nov 23 by Phil_S

Its fair to say that there has been some amount of shit made up today and pretty much none of it has been true

But that shit, when the word 'emergency' is put in front of it is definitely ' emergency shit ' 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:14 - Nov 23 with 1511 viewsSwansNZ

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 21:56 - Nov 23 by Phil_S

strangely there was no meeting yesterday either

Must be tomorrow then

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:21 - Nov 23 with 1470 viewsLoyal

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:14 - Nov 23 by SwansNZ

Must be tomorrow then

Had a really long chat with Mrs Loyal this evening, not once was it called a meeting.
The only indication of an 'emergency' arose when the wine ran out.

Had a chat with our bank manager last week, it took six minutes and he has recorded it as a meeting.

I agree. It could be tomorrow, or even Thursday.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:23 - Nov 23 with 1457 viewslondonlisa2001

I understand the point Phil is making, but to be completely frank, in any business where the performance is inadequate and unacceptable the Board would definitely be meeting to discuss what should be done, otherwise they are not performing their statutory duties.

So they may well not be having Board meetings but they bloody well should be.

(That is NOT the same as saying I believe that Monk should go by the way).

And the Trust should expect that they do so to protect the value of the Trust's shares. So unless I'm missing the point (always very likely), I'm surprised that the Trust are unconcerned.
Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:28 - Nov 23 with 1424 viewsLoyal

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:23 - Nov 23 by londonlisa2001

I understand the point Phil is making, but to be completely frank, in any business where the performance is inadequate and unacceptable the Board would definitely be meeting to discuss what should be done, otherwise they are not performing their statutory duties.

So they may well not be having Board meetings but they bloody well should be.

(That is NOT the same as saying I believe that Monk should go by the way).

And the Trust should expect that they do so to protect the value of the Trust's shares. So unless I'm missing the point (always very likely), I'm surprised that the Trust are unconcerned.

I see Phils posts as by Phil not the trust though. He deserves that at least.

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:31 - Nov 23 with 1415 viewsPhil_S

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:28 - Nov 23 by Loyal

This
Today's on 22:37 - Nov 23 with 1379 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:28 - Nov 23 by Loyal

Ok that's completely fair and he's more than entitled to do do, particularly on his own site ;-)

But presumably definitive info re board meetings etc comes because of his position as Trust chair not as a private individual so a post of that nature automatically becomes muddied?

Edited to say - do so rather than do do, although some may think we are deeply in it !!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2015 22:38]
Today's on 22:39 - Nov 23 with 1368 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Today's on 22:37 - Nov 23 by londonlisa2001

Ok that's completely fair and he's more than entitled to do do, particularly on his own site ;-)

But presumably definitive info re board meetings etc comes because of his position as Trust chair not as a private individual so a post of that nature automatically becomes muddied?

Edited to say - do so rather than do do, although some may think we are deeply in it !!

They could have met in Huw's front room for all we know Lisa. Phil's probably not allowed in there lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 1352 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:05 - Nov 23 by waynekerr55

Or perhaps they could go back to what they know and focus on what made us have a good August and September

Simple enough. Don't know what's changed really.

Which can only lead to two possibilities:-

1) All the teams, regardless of how good they are, are now on to us and know us better than the team know themselves. This would mean a completely fresh approach is needed and additional training on everything!

2) The players, chosen every game, have become lazy. If so, what has Monk done to correct this exactly - apart from continue to select these players?

In both instances, it's something of concern.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Today's on 22:45 - Nov 23 with 1327 viewsPhil_S

Not at all. If you remember back in the day then this site had impeccable sources that are still alive and well and still impeccable

Anything through official channels doesn't get repeated on here, never has done.
Today's on 22:45 - Nov 23 with 1327 viewsLoyal

I think you are very fair and circumspect in your assessment, and would hazard a guess that anything Phil says ( and we have never met ) is either being requested to be said or he passes it on purely because it's absolute common sense.

Today's on 22:51 - Nov 23 with 1309 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's on 22:45 - Nov 23 by Phil_S

Not at all. If you remember back in the day then this site had impeccable sources that are still alive and well and still impeccable

Anything through official channels doesn't get repeated on here, never has done.

Some of them are still posting on here I believe ;-)

To clarify Phil, I wasn't criticising you or the trust - I was attempting to say that I would be critical of a board that were not meeting about this - I only really mentioned the Trust as an independent shareholder (the rest of the board could argue that they have no statutory responsibility to themselves and although Huw (Cooze that is) sits on the Board it's not quite the same thing.

I don't see the only options being nothing or sacking (or the return of the Pasc for that matter) but I really hope we're not falling into the 'it'll sort itself out' mindset.

Sorry if I explained myself badly.
Today's on 22:52 - Nov 23 with 1302 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's on 22:39 - Nov 23 by Brynmill_Jack

They could have met in Huw's front room for all we know Lisa. Phil's probably not allowed in there lol

Darran would have been there mun :-)
Today's on 22:53 - Nov 23 with 1296 viewsPhil_S

Today's on 22:51 - Nov 23 by londonlisa2001

Some of them are still posting on here I believe ;-)

To clarify Phil, I wasn't criticising you or the trust - I was attempting to say that I would be critical of a board that were not meeting about this - I only really mentioned the Trust as an independent shareholder (the rest of the board could argue that they have no statutory responsibility to themselves and although Huw (Cooze that is) sits on the Board it's not quite the same thing.

I don't see the only options being nothing or sacking (or the return of the Pasc for that matter) but I really hope we're not falling into the 'it'll sort itself out' mindset.

Sorry if I explained myself badly.

I get called allsorts on the internet so I knew what you meant

I think the article I posted today, sums it all up for me anyway

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41153/no-truth-in-monk-st
Today's on 23:05 - Nov 23 with 1249 viewslondonlisa2001

Today's on 22:53 - Nov 23 by Phil_S

I get called allsorts on the internet so I knew what you meant

I think the article I posted today, sums it all up for me anyway

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/41153/no-truth-in-monk-st

I'd agree with most of that, probably also the timescale.

The biggest concern I have in some ways, is that however bad the performance, we seem to see the same 18 every single week - there's no sense of just trying something different - Taylor maybe on the right, Tabanou in the team on the left, Grimes given a go from the bench, even that kid McBurnie on the bench - I'm concerned that Monk just won't drop his favourites.
Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 23:12 - Nov 23 with 1178 viewsperchrockjack

It's good to see passion and hope the concern can manifest itself at our games and see our fans refusing to lie down ...and the team the same.

I hope monk can turn things around as it would be better for the club if he could rather than looking for a replacement. This isn't ideal, but it's less ideal to be adrift and we could be at this rate.

We re looking at three clubs to become detached.

Alladyce is a fox, never relegated, Bournemouth might well survive so for me only newcastlevand villa look abject ,leaving one vacant relegation spot.

Let's see our team really front up Sunday and make us proud

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 23:15 - Nov 23 with 1167 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 23:12 - Nov 23 by perchrockjack

It's good to see passion and hope the concern can manifest itself at our games and see our fans refusing to lie down ...and the team the same.

I hope monk can turn things around as it would be better for the club if he could rather than looking for a replacement. This isn't ideal, but it's less ideal to be adrift and we could be at this rate.

We re looking at three clubs to become detached.

Alladyce is a fox, never relegated, Bournemouth might well survive so for me only newcastlevand villa look abject ,leaving one vacant relegation spot.

Let's see our team really front up Sunday and make us proud

But is it right of monk to lay blame on "anxious fans" for the result last weekend?

He needs to get a f*cking grip on things - and fast!

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 23:22 - Nov 23 with 1150 viewsEdmundo

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:08 - Nov 23 by Phil_S

Its fair to say that there has been some amount of shit made up today and pretty much none of it has been true

Were the Mirror involved......they're normally first to any shyte coming out of the club. 😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Today's on 23:27 - Nov 23 with 1130 viewsLeonisGod

Today's on 22:39 - Nov 23 by Brynmill_Jack

why's that then - not house trained?
Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 23:41 - Nov 23 with 1098 viewsGlyn1

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 21:56 - Nov 23 by Phil_S

strangely there was no meeting yesterday either

It's a bit suspicious how everyone is deliberately avoiding each other.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 06:26 - Nov 24 with 976 viewsDr_Winston

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 22:12 - Nov 23 by Loyal

But that shit, when the word 'emergency' is put in front of it is definitely ' emergency shit ' 😂

I had an emergency shit in the North Bank bogs once.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 06:53 - Nov 24 with 949 viewsjack247

Whether you call it emergency or not, whether the board decide he is still the right man for the job or not, the fact that they don't appear to have any interest in discussing Garry's future beggars belief.
Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 06:55 - Nov 24 with 948 viewsjack247

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 06:26 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Must have been a serious emergency, that must have been literally the worst place in Swansea you could legally take a shit.

Trainspotting.
Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 07:01 - Nov 24 with 942 viewsDr_Winston

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 06:55 - Nov 24 by jack247

Must have been a serious emergency, that must have been literally the worst place in Swansea you could legally take a shit.

Trainspotting.

Either there or Jubblys.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 08:21 - Nov 24 with 826 viewslifelong

Today's "Emergency Board Meeting" on 06:26 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Extremely brave of you, you'd be very lucky to come out of there dry below the knee just taking a leak.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024