Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Cork 12:09 - Nov 24 with 3801 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So has he had a falling out with our Gaffa?

Just can't get any minutes on the pitch lately

A rusty Britton without a premier league start & an absolutely exhausted Ki ahead of him on Saturday .

I'd wager a falling out ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jack Cork on 12:11 - Nov 24 with 2792 viewsQuakerJack

If a player falls out with a manager he shouldn't be dropped... leave your personal crap out of it... if Cork is in form he should play...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Jack Cork on 12:21 - Nov 24 with 2742 viewsDr_Winston

He was spotted talking to Tabanou...

Seriously though, his absence from the team at present is ludicrous.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jack Cork on 12:22 - Nov 24 with 2730 viewsperchrockjack

I fell out with many when at work but it never affected the job in hand ,which is all that matters.

Surely ,personal spats don't manifest themselves by a manager working it up a player/employee. The very worst kind of management

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jack Cork on 12:24 - Nov 24 with 2721 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jack Cork on 12:22 - Nov 24 by perchrockjack

I fell out with many when at work but it never affected the job in hand ,which is all that matters.

Surely ,personal spats don't manifest themselves by a manager working it up a player/employee. The very worst kind of management

I don't know if they have had a fallen Ing out of course .

Bit as Dr W says, its ludicrous .

Jack Cork on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 2709 viewsjasper_T

Monk's vendettas got him the job, and he was praised for kicking out the Spanish clique last season, so why should he stop holding petty grudges now?
Jack Cork on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 2702 viewsperchrockjack

Its concern itself when you me and Winston agree.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jack Cork on 12:56 - Nov 24 with 2594 viewskarnataka

You say "a rusty Britton" but Cork hasn't started since being subbed after an hour of the Stoke game over 5 weeks ago and has only played the last 5 at Villa so he's probably lost most of his match fitness by now anyway. With Leon having figured in the last 3 games with 5 against Arsenal, 12 against Norwich and most of the Bournemouth game (70), which one of them is nearer match fitness now?
Jack Cork on 13:04 - Nov 24 with 2564 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Jack Cork on 12:56 - Nov 24 by karnataka

You say "a rusty Britton" but Cork hasn't started since being subbed after an hour of the Stoke game over 5 weeks ago and has only played the last 5 at Villa so he's probably lost most of his match fitness by now anyway. With Leon having figured in the last 3 games with 5 against Arsenal, 12 against Norwich and most of the Bournemouth game (70), which one of them is nearer match fitness now?

20 minutes here and there is rusty .

I could / should have said a past it Leon maybe .

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Cork on 13:11 - Nov 24 with 2527 viewskarnataka

Jack Cork on 13:04 - Nov 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

20 minutes here and there is rusty .

I could / should have said a past it Leon maybe .

Cork is definitely the future, no question and his performances for us since signing have deservedly put him ahead of Leon for that position and he still is even if they both now lack a bit of match sharpness. His absence is baffling.
Jack Cork on 13:32 - Nov 24 with 2459 viewsbuilthjack

He has put in some great performances for us, then gets dropped. My nose smells a rat, something has happened behind the scenes. As others say on here, play him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jack Cork on 13:38 - Nov 24 with 2439 viewsjack_the_lad

Not that I agree with any long term retributions (especially in our situation),however Cork did look largely culpable for costing us the pen against Stoke (just saying like ).
Jack Cork on 13:38 - Nov 24 with 2438 viewsbuilthjack

That reminds me. Wasn't it Cole and Sherringham who never spoke on or off the pitch, but played together for years ? Something about Sherringham was subbed for England, Cole was making his debut, and Sherringham snubbed him. So that was that.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 13:39]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Jack Cork on 13:38 - Nov 24 with 2435 viewsClinton

Jack is nowhere near as comfortable on the ball as Leon. He is far superior in protecting the back four. There is a bit of logic therefore in Leon playing against Bournemouth because the back four should not have needed so much protection. (Yes I know how it turned out)
If Jack doesnt play against Liverpool though, we must smell a rat.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Jack Cork on 13:54 - Nov 24 with 2382 viewsDyfnant

Jack Cork on 13:38 - Nov 24 by Clinton

Jack is nowhere near as comfortable on the ball as Leon. He is far superior in protecting the back four. There is a bit of logic therefore in Leon playing against Bournemouth because the back four should not have needed so much protection. (Yes I know how it turned out)
If Jack doesnt play against Liverpool though, we must smell a rat.

That'll come with more game time with us.
The added bonus of Cork playing is Shelvey gets pushed a bit further upfield, tough for England good for us.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jack Cork on 14:12 - Nov 24 with 2334 viewsLeonisGod

Jack Cork on 13:11 - Nov 24 by karnataka

Cork is definitely the future, no question and his performances for us since signing have deservedly put him ahead of Leon for that position and he still is even if they both now lack a bit of match sharpness. His absence is baffling.

Indeed. Very baffling.
Jack Cork on 14:14 - Nov 24 with 2329 viewsyescomeon

Dropped for poor form wasn't he?

Upthecity!

Jack Cork on 16:01 - Nov 24 with 2167 viewskarnataka

Jack Cork on 13:54 - Nov 24 by Dyfnant

That'll come with more game time with us.
The added bonus of Cork playing is Shelvey gets pushed a bit further upfield, tough for England good for us.

Well you'd think that's how it would work but in my recollection of the Stoke game (which was the last game Cork started), Shelvey was sitting back and encouraging Cork to push forward so he kept popping up in unfamiliar places. I did wonder at the time that because Shelvey had been used in a much deeper role for England, that's maybe how he saw his role for the Swans to enhance his England prospects.

Did anyone else notice this or was I watching a different game that night?
Jack Cork on 16:11 - Nov 24 with 2147 viewsyescomeon

Jack Cork on 16:01 - Nov 24 by karnataka

Well you'd think that's how it would work but in my recollection of the Stoke game (which was the last game Cork started), Shelvey was sitting back and encouraging Cork to push forward so he kept popping up in unfamiliar places. I did wonder at the time that because Shelvey had been used in a much deeper role for England, that's maybe how he saw his role for the Swans to enhance his England prospects.

I'd forgotten but now you mention it that's right. I'd not even considered the possibility of Monk using Shelvey as a pet project RE: England. I'd like to think that's not what he is doing.

Upthecity!

Jack Cork on 16:14 - Nov 24 with 2135 viewsicecoldjack

Jack Cork on 16:01 - Nov 24 by karnataka

Yes and i think a few mentioned it on here at the time, it seemed tht they had swapped jobs for some weird reason!

Cork will probably play at Liverpool, we will end up getting beat and Cork will be dropped for the next game as a result, which of course means that the pet project Shelvey gets the box seat once again.

If that exact thing happens then for sure Cork may as well look to move on . I thought he was a great signing for us and has done good since being here, it really does look like the manager can't fit Siggy,Ki,Shelvey,Cork and Ayew in the same team or get the combinations right either.

I sometimes wonder if having one or two players adding depth does throw us off a bit, no doubt Monk has problems trying to keep everyone happy, and who knows who was promised what when they put pen to paper in joining us!
Jack Cork on 16:16 - Nov 24 with 2127 viewsswancity

As useful a player as Cork is he was dreadful against Stoke as were quite a few others in the first half to be fair. I think he's lacking a bit of confidence which will hopefully be restored when he starts next time.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jack Cork on 16:18 - Nov 24 with 2121 viewsskippyjack

Jack Cork on 14:14 - Nov 24 by yescomeon

Dropped for poor form wasn't he?

Yes.. but playing Ki was madness to begin with.. plus playing Jonjo instead of Siggy was equally insane.

Cork, Shelvey, Siggy should have played.. or Britton, Shelvey, Siggy

Bartley shouldn't be ahead of Amat..

He had a mare against Liverpool 5-0
He had a mare against Blackburn 3-1 and sent off
He had a mare against Bournemouth 2-2
He had a mare against West Ham 3-1

When Amat is in..

Man Utd 2-1
Burnley 1-0
West Brom 3-0
Emergency left back against Newcastle 3-2
Valencia 3-0

He's always impressed when called upon.. he's rarely had a shocker.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 16:41]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Jack Cork on 16:32 - Nov 24 with 2075 viewsicecoldjack

Jack Cork on 16:18 - Nov 24 by skippyjack

Yes.. but playing Ki was madness to begin with.. plus playing Jonjo instead of Siggy was equally insane.

Cork, Shelvey, Siggy should have played.. or Britton, Shelvey, Siggy

Bartley shouldn't be ahead of Amat..

He had a mare against Liverpool 5-0
He had a mare against Blackburn 3-1 and sent off
He had a mare against Bournemouth 2-2
He had a mare against West Ham 3-1

When Amat is in..

Man Utd 2-1
Burnley 1-0
West Brom 3-0
Emergency left back against Newcastle 3-2
Valencia 3-0

He's always impressed when called upon.. he's rarely had a shocker.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 16:41]

Think you've nailed it with the Amat V Bartley debate fella ..
Jack Cork on 17:18 - Nov 24 with 1999 viewsjohnlangy

I don't understand the point.

Many of you were calling for Leon to be back in the team, that it needed a shake up (me included). He couldn't put both Leon and JC in (although JC may have been better than Ki on Sat). And he was on the bench if a like for like replacement for Leon was needed.

So, as far as I can see there is no problem. Why make one up.
Jack Cork on 17:30 - Nov 24 with 1980 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jack Cork on 17:18 - Nov 24 by johnlangy

I don't understand the point.

Many of you were calling for Leon to be back in the team, that it needed a shake up (me included). He couldn't put both Leon and JC in (although JC may have been better than Ki on Sat). And he was on the bench if a like for like replacement for Leon was needed.

So, as far as I can see there is no problem. Why make one up.

Why couldn't he play Leon and Cork?
Ki was not playing well before the internationals and was even worse after them.
Cork has only played 5 minutes in the last 4 games, but prior to that he started most games.
Jack Cork on 17:34 - Nov 24 with 1972 viewskarnataka

Jack Cork on 16:11 - Nov 24 by yescomeon

I'd forgotten but now you mention it that's right. I'd not even considered the possibility of Monk using Shelvey as a pet project RE: England. I'd like to think that's not what he is doing.

I didn't think it was to Monk's instructions, I saw it more as Shelvey deciding he would be the one to sit back in that game because Roy had recently used him there and it was Jonjo who encouraged Cork to push forward. But whoever instigated it, it didn't fecking work that's for sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024