Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These 4 games before Xmas 13:08 - Nov 24 with 2104 viewskarnataka

All very tough games against 3 teams in the top 6 plus a buoyant Liverpool.

How many points would you take now and how many do you think we'll get?

For me, I'd bite your hand off for 4 points but think we'll get 1 unless West Ham's thumping at Spurs is the start of a slide for them in which case, we could get 3.

I just want the players to man up and show some pride, grit and determination against Liverpool. Leicester and City even if we lose all 3 as those qualities are going to be needed in abundance for the rest of the season if we are going to rescue ourselves.
These 4 games before Xmas on 13:21 - Nov 24 with 1624 viewsjack247

We are playing so badly at the moment id almost rather have a few tough games now. Hopefully we can sort our form out before the more winnable games come round again.

Depressing as it is to say.
These 4 games before Xmas on 13:31 - Nov 24 with 1592 viewsJack_Kass

If you're worried about the next four, then don't look at roughly the last 6 of the season, which coincidentally contains this sequence of teams again

Chelsea
Newcastle
Leicester
Liverpool
West Ham (last game at Upton Park)
Man City

Imo if we're in the relegation zone on Turkey day, then we're doomed.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

These 4 games before Xmas on 13:42 - Nov 24 with 1575 viewstomdickharry

And of course the first tit bit in the new year is Man Utd away,the next 7 games will define our season in more ways than one,we could be 1 win in 17 after we play Utd,then any new Manager (cough) will have the Jan TF to reinforce the team in order to scrape enough points in the second half of the season to avoid the big drop. You can bet that Villa,Sunderland and Newcastle will be reinforcing.
These 4 games before Xmas on 14:13 - Nov 24 with 1532 viewslovejuicejack

This is what I really don't get though, I'm so your not scoring goals but why are you not doing the basics, closing down, quick passing ect, you don't need bags of Confidence to close a player down you need aggression and determination. It really looks like they just cannot be arsed.
These 4 games before Xmas on 14:26 - Nov 24 with 1512 viewsLord_Bony

If its looking grim by the end of the Holiday Season then we need to reinforce and quickly in Jan and get rid of some of the garbage...money should be no object to Huw because if we go down we will be kicked from the big gravy train and will lose many more millions....

It could take another 10 years to get back up again from the Championship...it wont be easy.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

These 4 games before Xmas on 15:22 - Nov 24 with 1453 viewsswancity

These 4 games before Xmas on 14:26 - Nov 24 by Lord_Bony

If its looking grim by the end of the Holiday Season then we need to reinforce and quickly in Jan and get rid of some of the garbage...money should be no object to Huw because if we go down we will be kicked from the big gravy train and will lose many more millions....

It could take another 10 years to get back up again from the Championship...it wont be easy.

' Money should be no object to Huw '

So what if our Club go out and spend £40 m and get relegated? I think a reality check is needed. We have over archieved for 4 seasons now. That results in unreasonable expectation.

I still think our first target each season is 40 points and 17th. We are above that in 14th. It's not all doom and gloom, we have 3 wins and 5 defeats from 13 games. That is not critical. Look at Villa for that.

It's a time to support the manager fully and the players he picks, all of them. We should then stay in the league, whilst adding one or two to the squad in January but with sensible outlay.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

These 4 games before Xmas on 16:01 - Nov 24 with 1408 viewsTummer_from_Texas

These 4 games before Xmas on 13:42 - Nov 24 by tomdickharry

And of course the first tit bit in the new year is Man Utd away,the next 7 games will define our season in more ways than one,we could be 1 win in 17 after we play Utd,then any new Manager (cough) will have the Jan TF to reinforce the team in order to scrape enough points in the second half of the season to avoid the big drop. You can bet that Villa,Sunderland and Newcastle will be reinforcing.

You can be sure Louis Van Gaal hopes Swansea has a new manager before January 2.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

These 4 games before Xmas on 16:42 - Nov 24 with 1359 viewsBorojack

These 4 games before Xmas on 16:01 - Nov 24 by Tummer_from_Texas

You can be sure Louis Van Gaal hopes Swansea has a new manager before January 2.

My heart says 2 home wins and 2 away defeats.
Would take 4 points though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

These 4 games before Xmas on 17:38 - Nov 24 with 1334 viewsTummer_from_Texas

These 4 games before Xmas on 16:42 - Nov 24 by Borojack

My heart says 2 home wins and 2 away defeats.
Would take 4 points though.

Agreed - anything the Swans get in the next two away fixtures would be a pleasant shock.

I'd take 4 points, and wouldn't even be too disappointed with 3.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

These 4 games before Xmas on 17:49 - Nov 24 with 1321 viewskarnataka

We've got 25 games left and a point per game from now on would get us to 39 which would probably be enough for survival so 4 points from 4 tough fixtures wouldn't be a disaster.
These 4 games before Xmas on 19:36 - Nov 24 with 1249 viewsBorojack

These 4 games before Xmas on 17:49 - Nov 24 by karnataka

We've got 25 games left and a point per game from now on would get us to 39 which would probably be enough for survival so 4 points from 4 tough fixtures wouldn't be a disaster.

Strange how we are looking at 39 points though we got 60 last season.
And have spent 5 million Eder 3.5 Tabanou free for Ayew with a 5.5 signing on fee 600k for our backup keeper and 2 million for Grimes with signing on fees wages thats close on 20 million quid.
Doesnt look too good really does it.

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:41 - Nov 24 with 1235 viewsshandyjack

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:36 - Nov 24 by Borojack

Strange how we are looking at 39 points though we got 60 last season.
And have spent 5 million Eder 3.5 Tabanou free for Ayew with a 5.5 signing on fee 600k for our backup keeper and 2 million for Grimes with signing on fees wages thats close on 20 million quid.
Doesnt look too good really does it.

villa and Newcastle spent close to £100m between them and are in the bottom 4, spending money doesn't guarantee results

Poll: Expectation for the season

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:44 - Nov 24 with 1229 viewsBorojack

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:41 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

villa and Newcastle spent close to £100m between them and are in the bottom 4, spending money doesn't guarantee results

Surely the performances should improve though with that spending and no meaningful deparrures.

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:46 - Nov 24 with 1222 viewsshandyjack

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:44 - Nov 24 by Borojack

Surely the performances should improve though with that spending and no meaningful deparrures.

all the players we bought in the summer only Ayew has played regularly,Eder has played the odd games, Keeper hasn't featured and neither has Tabbanou. Grimes was bought last season so can't be counted

Poll: Expectation for the season

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:55 - Nov 24 with 1211 viewsOldjack

It's all about tactics and team selection ,that's down to Garry . The players are there. We know what we can do because we've already done it .Throwing money at it will change nowt .Garry needs to wise up very quickly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:07 - Nov 24 with 1195 viewsraynor94

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:55 - Nov 24 by Oldjack

It's all about tactics and team selection ,that's down to Garry . The players are there. We know what we can do because we've already done it .Throwing money at it will change nowt .Garry needs to wise up very quickly

Wise up in which respect? it's the same players except for Ayew, nothing to do with tactics, something is definitely wrong behind the scenes, the body language of the players speaks volumes, they are not playing for Monk

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:21 - Nov 24 with 1173 viewsOldjack

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:07 - Nov 24 by raynor94

Wise up in which respect? it's the same players except for Ayew, nothing to do with tactics, something is definitely wrong behind the scenes, the body language of the players speaks volumes, they are not playing for Monk

We play too slowly for starters, Jeff is not getting the help he needs, Our midfield is all over the shop ,gone are pass and move ,the fast one two moves around the box ,our Swansea way has been shot to pieces atm ,this is down to Garry, he's now using players who are emergency back up players and it's making it worse ,.If there is unrest then he should already know about it and sort it out asap

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:25 - Nov 24 with 1164 viewsDr_Winston

The way we're playing at the minute it would take a huge turnaround in form to get more than a couple of points out of these games. Anyone truly think that's likely?

Suspect if we lose to both Liverpool and Leicester the board will have no choice but to make the change. In truth we're probably better off saving time and doing it now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:30 - Nov 24 with 1150 viewsNeathJack

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:25 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

The way we're playing at the minute it would take a huge turnaround in form to get more than a couple of points out of these games. Anyone truly think that's likely?

Suspect if we lose to both Liverpool and Leicester the board will have no choice but to make the change. In truth we're probably better off saving time and doing it now.

Personally I am of the opinion the Monk has earned the right to be given at least these next couple of games to show things are turning around.

Defeats and poor performances in both and then it becomes increasingly untenable, but my spidey senses tell me we'll turn Leicester over after a hard fought defeat at Anfield.
These 4 games before Xmas on 20:34 - Nov 24 with 1140 viewsbuilthjack

These 4 games before Xmas on 19:41 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

That's why Vila got rid of Sherwood and McLaren is waiting for his P45 to arrive soon

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:42 - Nov 24 with 1121 viewsDr_Winston

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:30 - Nov 24 by NeathJack

Personally I am of the opinion the Monk has earned the right to be given at least these next couple of games to show things are turning around.

Defeats and poor performances in both and then it becomes increasingly untenable, but my spidey senses tell me we'll turn Leicester over after a hard fought defeat at Anfield.

Arguably Laudrup had earned the right too but got the chop all the same. I agreed with that then and I'd agree with the same happening to GM.

I just don't see us taking anything from the next three. Leicester will work us like Bournemouth did, only with better players.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:43 - Nov 24 with 1118 viewsSwansNZ

We’re not playing well, but we do appear to raise our game against the top teams, so who knows… wishful thinking.

I hope we get 6 points (or more)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:44 - Nov 24 with 1113 viewsNeathJack

These 4 games before Xmas on 20:42 - Nov 24 by Dr_Winston

Arguably Laudrup had earned the right too but got the chop all the same. I agreed with that then and I'd agree with the same happening to GM.

I just don't see us taking anything from the next three. Leicester will work us like Bournemouth did, only with better players.

Laudrup lost the right when he lost interest.

Time will tell on the results/performances obviously.
These 4 games before Xmas on 20:46 - Nov 24 with 1103 viewsAnotherJohn

I suppose you might say that, given we are unlikely to get many points from these games, that Garry might as well be in place for the first two or three, so that a new man has a better chance of turning things around in his first few games.

What I don't like are the parallels I am seeing with the 1982-83 relegation season. We kicked that season off with two wins and a draw, were 14th at the end of November, and had a very difficult last 7 games.
These 4 games before Xmas on 20:52 - Nov 24 with 1087 viewsPapaLazarou

Last year Swans won 16 games in the PL. The majority of these were by just 1 goal.

To me it's clear we've sacrificed our flair play in order to contain the opposition, people are willing to accept this as long as you're picking up the results. The problem appears to be that teams have now sussed our "game plan", and I don't think Monk has it in him to change this round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024