Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Job Recruiters 19:25 - Nov 24 with 645 viewsshandyjack

Is it normal for them to contact you via a mobile phone?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Job Recruiters on 19:28 - Nov 24 with 639 viewsAquinas

yes.
Job Recruiters on 19:29 - Nov 24 with 637 viewsshandyjack

Job Recruiters on 19:28 - Nov 24 by Aquinas

yes.

cheers,i thought it was a bit strange they didn't use an office landline

Job Recruiters on 19:32 - Nov 24 with 633 viewsAquinas

In my experience they try with an office landline and if you don't pick up they try with a mob number to try and trick you into picking up.
Job Recruiters on 19:39 - Nov 24 with 621 viewsshandyjack

Job Recruiters on 19:32 - Nov 24 by Aquinas

In my experience they try with an office landline and if you don't pick up they try with a mob number to try and trick you into picking up.

what do you mean by trick you? if you've applied for a few jobs then why wouldn't you answer?

Job Recruiters on 21:01 - Nov 24 with 569 viewsSwanzay

Recruitment consultants are like glorified sales people, they are more interest in the employer than the prospective employee and £££ and will bullshite with a smile where ever possible.

Just like estate agents, complete kunts in the main.
Job Recruiters on 21:01 - Nov 24 with 569 viewsRancid

Spotless Recruitment are the keenest in my line of work.Dannika and Dwayne are keen as mustard and forever ringing and leaving voicemails.They ring off a mobile number and so do Bluewater Recruitment.
Job Recruiters on 21:05 - Nov 24 with 559 viewsAquinas

Job Recruiters on 19:39 - Nov 24 by shandyjack

what do you mean by trick you? if you've applied for a few jobs then why wouldn't you answer?

I have been looking for a job in a specific sector so i've put my CV up on the main job boards.

I specifically state the role i'm looking for but 99% of the calls I get are from recruiters looking to fill sales or recruitment roles which I am not interested in. I picked up every call in the first week but I am getting over 20 a day and it gets tedious.
Job Recruiters on 21:08 - Nov 24 with 550 viewsshandyjack

Job Recruiters on 21:05 - Nov 24 by Aquinas

I have been looking for a job in a specific sector so i've put my CV up on the main job boards.

I specifically state the role i'm looking for but 99% of the calls I get are from recruiters looking to fill sales or recruitment roles which I am not interested in. I picked up every call in the first week but I am getting over 20 a day and it gets tedious.

ok cool, thanks for your advise.Thought it was strange that i was after an IT role in Swansea and he phoned to say they had similar roles in London if i was interested

Login to get fewer ads

Job Recruiters on 05:30 - Nov 25 with 483 viewssquarebear

You're after a permanent job?

Given your target market is so small (IT in Swansea) would you consider simply approaching companies' HR departments direct? There can't be too many of them.

I work on IT contracts, and tried the job board route only to be driven to distraction by time wasting agencies ("You want to work in IT? I have a job for you as a security guard in a data centre"). In the end I removed my CV from the job boards and changed my mobile number.

These days I use a couple of agents (Square One, Whitehall, Edward Carter) who focus primarily in my niche skill area and I keep an eye on things on CWJOBS and JOBSERVE though Swansea is about as far-removed from Silicon Valley as it's possible to be so pickings can be slim.

It's worth bearing in mind that as soon as a job hits the job sites other agencies are crawling all over it so there are times when agents might prefer to keep decent jobs under the radar by contacting candidates direct and only advertise the rubbish ones they're struggling to fill.

Good luck.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 5:31]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024