Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points total needed to avoid relegation. 20:46 - Nov 24 with 1744 viewsplasjack

With all the negativity at the moment what points target will we require to remain in P/L?.
Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 20:57 - Nov 24 with 1710 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

its 40

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 21:48 - Nov 24 with 1646 viewsdaijack15

It will be in the low 30's with the way the table looks. none of the top 16 are having a good season and there are more unexpected results than ever with more to come....
Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:00 - Nov 24 with 1629 viewsraynor94

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 21:48 - Nov 24 by daijack15

It will be in the low 30's with the way the table looks. none of the top 16 are having a good season and there are more unexpected results than ever with more to come....

No way will it be low thirties. Full stop. there that better
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 22:39]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:15 - Nov 24 with 1588 viewsdaijack15

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:00 - Nov 24 by raynor94

No way will it be low thirties. Full stop. there that better
[Post edited 24 Nov 2015 22:39]

i never said that
Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:26 - Nov 24 with 1566 viewsLeonisGod

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:15 - Nov 24 by daijack15

i never said that

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:50 - Nov 24 with 1536 viewsdaijack15

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:26 - Nov 24 by LeonisGod

nice edit
Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 23:50 - Nov 24 with 1494 viewsraynor94

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:50 - Nov 24 by daijack15

nice edit

Damon space bar

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 00:25 - Nov 25 with 1470 viewsSwansNZ

We’ll need 1 more point.

than the team in 18th, unless we have a better goal difference, then the same points will do.

Sorry, misplaced full stop and CR.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 07:15 - Nov 25 with 1421 viewsjack247

Id guess about 35/36
Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 09:24 - Nov 25 with 1343 viewsBloodyhills

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 00:25 - Nov 25 by SwansNZ

We’ll need 1 more point.

than the team in 18th, unless we have a better goal difference, then the same points will do.

Sorry, misplaced full stop and CR.

Well, this has to be the most accurate answer. It's generally seen as 40 but we won't know exactly how many points we need for safety until the end of the season. :D

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 16:18 - Nov 25 with 1263 viewsBorojack

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 09:24 - Nov 25 by Bloodyhills

Well, this has to be the most accurate answer. It's generally seen as 40 but we won't know exactly how many points we need for safety until the end of the season. :D

West Ham once went down with 42 points.
Twice teams have got relegated with 40.
The lowest to stay up was West Brom who once got 34.
So you need to aim for over 40 personally I think 37 or 38 should do this year though.
With the side we have should be achieving minimum 50 points so Garry needs to sort out sharpish.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 16:22 - Nov 25 with 1252 viewsClinton

Generally 37 points would be enough to achieve 17th place and safety. A team with 37 points would have only been relegated on 3 occasions since 2000.
An exception to the 40 point rule is West Ham who were relegated with 42 in 2003.
These are the points totals of the 18th placed relegated team for the Relevant seasons .

Man City 2000/01
Ipswich 2001/02
West Ham 2002/03
Leicester 2003/04
Crystal Pal 2004/05
Birmingham 2005/06
Sheffield Utd 2006/07
Reading 2007/08
Newcastle 2008/09
Burnley 2009/10
Birmingham 2010/11
Bolton 2011/12
Wigan 2012/13
Norwich 2013/14 33
Hull 14-15 35 Pts
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 16:25]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 16:46 - Nov 25 with 1230 viewsDavillin

For all Dav's Stats:

http://www.davillin.info/DavsStats2015-16.htm
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 16:47]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 17:35 - Nov 25 with 1194 viewsdaijack15

Every season is different but every team at the start will set out for the 40pt mark or above and as the season progresses the target changes depending on how the season is looking. The chances are with top beating bottom and bottom beating top and the table looking close that a couple of wins can shoot you up the table and vice versa then the safety total is looking to be very low anywhere between 34 and 37 points. We need about 24 points to scrape home and i think we will get more than that with a decent striker on board....
Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 18:42 - Nov 25 with 1164 viewsSgorioFruit

hhmmmmmm

Good thread

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 18:54 - Nov 25 with 1159 viewstomdickharry

Villa nor Bournemouth will get near 40 pts,Newcastle will struggle to get 35 so am going for 36pts min.to stay up.
Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 20:21 - Nov 25 with 1087 viewsFlashberryjack

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 16:18 - Nov 25 by Borojack

West Ham once went down with 42 points.
Twice teams have got relegated with 40.
The lowest to stay up was West Brom who once got 34.
So you need to aim for over 40 personally I think 37 or 38 should do this year though.
With the side we have should be achieving minimum 50 points so Garry needs to sort out sharpish.

I agree with this 37/38 should do it for us......where we're going to get those points from is a different matte.r

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 21:56 - Nov 25 with 1034 viewsDavillin

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 17:35 - Nov 25 by daijack15

Every season is different but every team at the start will set out for the 40pt mark or above and as the season progresses the target changes depending on how the season is looking. The chances are with top beating bottom and bottom beating top and the table looking close that a couple of wins can shoot you up the table and vice versa then the safety total is looking to be very low anywhere between 34 and 37 points. We need about 24 points to scrape home and i think we will get more than that with a decent striker on board....

With regard to your sentence that "Every season is different but every team at the start will set out for the 40pt mark or above and as the season progresses the target changes depending on how the season is looking."

You just made me realize that no-one at Swansea City -- team and players in particular -- has set that target this season.

We started off by the 3rd or 4th game of this season talking about finishing in the Champions League places!

Now it almost seems that we've done a full 180 to talking about whether we'll be in a relegation fight and the troubling significance of that!

If it's not too late, someone at the club must return us to that old chestnut that has served us exceedingly well in the PL so far.

Goddess! That's two powerful tools we have abandoned -- "Get to 40 first" and the Swansea way of winning.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:05 - Nov 25 with 1010 viewsSwansNZ

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 21:56 - Nov 25 by Davillin

With regard to your sentence that "Every season is different but every team at the start will set out for the 40pt mark or above and as the season progresses the target changes depending on how the season is looking."

You just made me realize that no-one at Swansea City -- team and players in particular -- has set that target this season.

We started off by the 3rd or 4th game of this season talking about finishing in the Champions League places!

Now it almost seems that we've done a full 180 to talking about whether we'll be in a relegation fight and the troubling significance of that!

If it's not too late, someone at the club must return us to that old chestnut that has served us exceedingly well in the PL so far.

Goddess! That's two powerful tools we have abandoned -- "Get to 40 first" and the Swansea way of winning.

I’m sure they have set targets for the season, and getting to the 40 point mark as quickly as possible is one of them.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:14 - Nov 25 with 994 viewsSgorioFruit

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:05 - Nov 25 by SwansNZ

I’m sure they have set targets for the season, and getting to the 40 point mark as quickly as possible is one of them.

Well it certainly is for me

If anyone hasnt noticed

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 04:44 - Nov 26 with 903 viewsStarsky

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 22:14 - Nov 25 by SgorioFruit

Well it certainly is for me

If anyone hasnt noticed

Can't say I've noticed. You should do a thread on it.

It's just the internet, init.

Points total needed to avoid relegation. on 07:42 - Nov 26 with 863 viewsdaijack15

While we are struggling to score that is our main problem for not being higher up the table then so are many other teams so we are not alone. We are just about holding our own and not getting hammered every week. our discipline has improved and that's good. If we can get a decent striker we will climb the table and even if we dont we are still better than half a dozen other clubs that will see us finish the season out of the bottom 3......KTF it's not that bad.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024