Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post 22:11 - Nov 24 with 2168 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:14 - Nov 24 with 2153 viewsMrSwerve

Think it's about time words are put in to action.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:15 - Nov 24 with 2135 viewsjackportis

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:14 - Nov 24 by MrSwerve

Exactly. Just get on with it.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:19 - Nov 24 with 2100 viewsshimmie

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:14 - Nov 24 by MrSwerve

I'll probably come across as a dick by saying this but I hate statements like the one you've just made. The media are hungry for a comment as the predicament we find ourselves in sells papers. If he doesn't give one it’s because "he's a dead man walking who has isolated himself from the media" and if he does give one then "he needs to shut up and the talking needs to be done on the pitch".

I'm personally glad, and 100% support and believe that he truly wants to turn things around. Whether he can and it proves that there is a permanent malaise that’s set in only time will prove.
Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:27 - Nov 24 with 2046 viewsMrSwerve

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:19 - Nov 24 by shimmie

I'll probably come across as a dick by saying this but I hate statements like the one you've just made. The media are hungry for a comment as the predicament we find ourselves in sells papers. If he doesn't give one it’s because "he's a dead man walking who has isolated himself from the media" and if he does give one then "he needs to shut up and the talking needs to be done on the pitch".

I'm personally glad, and 100% support and believe that he truly wants to turn things around. Whether he can and it proves that there is a permanent malaise that’s set in only time will prove.

Oh I believe he wants to turn things around, but so has every manager in the world before he was sacked. Seems to be a lot of hot air coming from Garry without any improvement on the pitch.

That said, I'm hoping he can turn things around for his and the club's sake.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:47 - Nov 24 with 1972 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's all

"Me"
"I"
"Me"
"I"

It was all the way "I" want "my" stamp on the team , sorry gaffa its time for action not words .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:59 - Nov 24 with 1919 viewslovejuicejack

Yeah just stfu and show it on the pitch Saturday, talk is cheap and the mouth is saying one thing but the football is definitely saying another at the moment.
Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:59 - Nov 24 with 1919 viewsskippyjack

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:47 - Nov 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's all

"Me"
"I"
"Me"
"I"

It was all the way "I" want "my" stamp on the team , sorry gaffa its time for action not words .

He never takes the blame either.. it was the fans last week..

If he gets thumped 5-0 on Sunday.. i wonder who he's going to point the finger at.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 23:04 - Nov 24 with 1896 viewslovejuicejack

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:59 - Nov 24 by skippyjack

If he gets thumped 5-0 on Sunday.. i wonder who he's going to point the finger at.

The away fans for being too p1ssed
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 06:53 - Nov 25 with 1670 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:47 - Nov 24 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's all

"Me"
"I"
"Me"
"I"

I imagine those words were used a lot when manoeuvring himself into the job in the first place as well as getting rid of Sousa.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 09:57 - Nov 25 with 1441 viewsBloodyhills

I don't for a moment doubt his words but the question is, can he?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 09:59 - Nov 25 with 1438 viewsBloodyhills

He'll be blaming Cyril the Swan next.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 10:13 - Nov 25 with 1406 viewsClinton

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 09:59 - Nov 25 by Bloodyhills

He'll be blaming Cyril the Swan next.

Dont give him ideas

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 10:15 - Nov 25 with 1401 viewsmonmouth

Oh, that's a shame that's the case in my eyes to be honest. I was hoping that the players would want to put it right more than him. Especially the ones that are playing like half paced slugs. After all they are the 'professional' ones on the pitch pocketing 30-50-70K per week.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 11:45 - Nov 25 with 1279 viewsWarwickHunt

The grass was too long to allow us to play our usual high speed passing game.

Oh, hang on...
Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 11:49 - Nov 25 with 1264 viewsLeonisGod

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 10:15 - Nov 25 by monmouth

Oh, that's a shame that's the case in my eyes to be honest. I was hoping that the players would want to put it right more than him. Especially the ones that are playing like half paced slugs. After all they are the 'professional' ones on the pitch pocketing 30-50-70K per week.

Buck stops with him. It's his job to organise them, lead and inspire, like wot Kloppy's doing at L'pool.
Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 12:25 - Nov 25 with 1215 viewsDafyddHuw

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:19 - Nov 24 by shimmie

Of course he wants to turn things around. Why wouldn't he?

I don't know why you think the tail should wag the dog though. We shouldn't be caring less what the media reports on us. If GM wants to comment to the press, it should be because he has something to say, not because "the media are hungry for a comment". Nonsense about dead men walking - let the media perceive what they want.

As others have said - and it applies to Taylor, Ash, Ayew as well as Garry Monk, they've all made statements to the EP recently - we don't want to hear your platitudes,just stfu and do your talking on the pitch.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 12:27]
Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 12:33 - Nov 25 with 1192 viewsperchrockjack

Talk is cheap.

I don't like that myself.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 12:34 - Nov 25 with 1191 viewsmonmouth

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 11:49 - Nov 25 by LeonisGod

Buck stops with him. It's his job to organise them, lead and inspire, like wot Kloppy's doing at L'pool.

It does, and picking the team and deciding the tactics are critical (and he's been coming up hort in both imo) but the idea that a highly paid professional anything needs to be 'inspired' by someone else to carry out their professonal duties is a step too far. I'd hope that they want to 'turn it around' at least as much as he does.

Klopp? Yeah, sure - he 'inspired' them to a wonderful defeat against Crystal Palace. Lets see where they are in six months. They are always inconsistent, same with Dalglish, sometimes brilliant sometimes dirge, and Brodge got them to second place - should have been champions - playing champagne football before he shot his bolt. Too early for Kloppmania.

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 12:38 - Nov 25 with 1183 viewsswancity

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 11:49 - Nov 25 by LeonisGod

Yes I noticed he inspired them to that marvellous home defeat to,Crystal Palace only last week. Then got lucky with a narrow attack at Man City when on another day City's wide players would have taken them to the cleaners.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 21:19 - Nov 25 with 921 viewslovejuicejack

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 12:38 - Nov 25 by swancity

Yes I noticed he inspired them to that marvellous home defeat to,Crystal Palace only last week. Then got lucky with a narrow attack at Man City when on another day City's wide players would have taken them to the cleaners.

Did ewe notice of Garry is hugging anyone
Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 21:34 - Nov 25 with 871 viewsymaohyd

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 12:38 - Nov 25 by swancity

God almighty...fair do's!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 22:01 - Nov 25 with 826 viewsmonmouth

Garry Monk in tomorrow's Evening Post on 21:34 - Nov 25 by ymaohyd

God almighty...fair do's!

One thing they just said on the radio (comparing V Ghoul to Klopp) is that players say football is fun under Klopp. I think that is a really fair point. He has energy and clearly a sense of adventure and that rubs off. All of our lot look full of fear and misery. That won't be helped by 'working harder', 'getting more into the players' etc. We are missing that feel good factor and somehow we need to get that throughout the camp. It was the same at the end of Laudrup. No smiles.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024