Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... 17:29 - Nov 25 with 3564 viewsbonymine

January's going to be a long month for us I feel until the window closes .....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-andr

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:49 - Nov 25 with 1220 viewsmonmouth

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:47 - Nov 25 by SwansNZ

We're still above Chelsea

When Monk took over, after the Cardiff game, we then only won 1 in 9 games. We came right at the end of the season, so I hope we start to put this poor run behind us very soon.

We were playing well then and getting no breaks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:52 - Nov 25 with 1217 viewsSwansNZ

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:49 - Nov 25 by monmouth

We were playing well then and getting no breaks.

I don’t think we played that well (although not as poor as now). We were poor at home against west brom and palace, I think, and away to Hull.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:54 - Nov 25 with 1214 viewsmonmouth

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:52 - Nov 25 by SwansNZ

I don’t think we played that well (although not as poor as now). We were poor at home against west brom and palace, I think, and away to Hull.

True - I had the blinkers on thinking Liverpool and Arsenal away. I was really pessimistic before Arsenal away I remember, a bit like I feel about this sunday. So fingers crossed.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:55 - Nov 25 with 1210 viewsjackrabbit

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:47 - Nov 25 by Rancid

He's one player who I wouldn't be too bothered about, if we decided to sell.I'd rather us sell him in the summer for 20m and us spend 10m on a traditional type winger.

That's quite a drastic statement but it's not the first time I've seen it. I've seen similar sentiments previously. Somebody posted the other day that 'Ayew doesn't fit the Swansea way of playing' . I agree - he's fast, tenacious, skilful and a real trier. Oh, and he scores goals. Who else in the team is scoring goals from open play at the moment? Lose Ayew and we may as well put 10 men behind the ball and park the bus every game. Gylfi occasionally gets on target but the rest couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at present. I still think we should play Ayew as a front runner with Gylfi and Shelvey behind him. Give Gomis and Eder compassionate leave.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:56 - Nov 25 with 1207 viewsSwansNZ

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:54 - Nov 25 by monmouth

True - I had the blinkers on thinking Liverpool and Arsenal away. I was really pessimistic before Arsenal away I remember, a bit like I feel about this sunday. So fingers crossed.

We “normally” raise our game for the top clubs, so here’s hoping!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 06:06 - Nov 26 with 1125 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:56 - Nov 25 by SwansNZ

We “normally” raise our game for the top clubs, so here’s hoping!

We've lost our last three league games at Anfield conceding 13 goals in the process. It's going to take a lot of hope!

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 08:40 - Nov 26 with 1060 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 06:06 - Nov 26 by Dr_Winston

We've lost our last three league games at Anfield conceding 13 goals in the process. It's going to take a lot of hope!

Completely agree with him being a game changer - the amount of times he floats into dangerous positions arguably he could have already scored more however the one thing that is annoying me with him at the moment is his on pitch attitude.

I'm sure after the Deportivo game (a friendly) that there were many people who watched who were a bit concerned about his aggression on the pitch thinking he could potentially be a bit of a liability.

Without being at the game I can't comment but I'm sure I read "He's just an angry Routledge" or something along those lines.

I haven't seen any of this aggression in recent performances - could it be something to do with a few teams trying to rough him up a bit after his early season form?

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 09:17 - Nov 26 with 1039 viewsyescomeon

How did Marsellie play him? As one in a rotating three in attacking midfield might work with inside forwards on the left and right might work (if only we still had Hernandez), like under Laudrup at its best, probably have to be Ayew, Gylfi and Routledge as Barrow and Montero are out and out wingers. Or, in the "Routledge" role in Monks diamond, that seems the perfect role for him, basically a 4-1-2-1-1 with an extra man given absolute freedom to roam anywhere in the attacking 3rd, playing left and right side attacking midfield or up front when needed. I'd rather see the former coupled with a return to fluid short passing game, like a combo of Laudrup-ball and Rodgers-ball, but I think the latter is the more likely as it is something Monk has developed. I think Montero's early season form is the reason we haven't seen much of the diamond this season.

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 09:33 - Nov 26 with 1034 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 08:40 - Nov 26 by PatchesOHoulihan

Completely agree with him being a game changer - the amount of times he floats into dangerous positions arguably he could have already scored more however the one thing that is annoying me with him at the moment is his on pitch attitude.

I'm sure after the Deportivo game (a friendly) that there were many people who watched who were a bit concerned about his aggression on the pitch thinking he could potentially be a bit of a liability.

Without being at the game I can't comment but I'm sure I read "He's just an angry Routledge" or something along those lines.

I haven't seen any of this aggression in recent performances - could it be something to do with a few teams trying to rough him up a bit after his early season form?

Not having a go at you specifically on this, but there is a tendency amongst fans to look at a player on the pitch and make cast iron statements about their "attitude".

It's easy to look at body language and make it fit whatever opinions people already hold. Truth is it's unlikely that anyone outside the club has any idea what attitude a particular player has, and if they're good at hiding it maybe not even them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 09:59 - Nov 26 with 1013 viewsperchrockjack

Why are some intent on supporting monk when they know in their hearts he s making shocking calls of late.

Always had it in for Him? Complete irrelevance.

Jobs has no influence at all on the team and he s dead right here.

We could sell jjs and stew, then who could score a goal

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 10:20 - Nov 26 with 997 viewsjasper_T

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:55 - Nov 25 by jackrabbit

That's quite a drastic statement but it's not the first time I've seen it. I've seen similar sentiments previously. Somebody posted the other day that 'Ayew doesn't fit the Swansea way of playing' . I agree - he's fast, tenacious, skilful and a real trier. Oh, and he scores goals. Who else in the team is scoring goals from open play at the moment? Lose Ayew and we may as well put 10 men behind the ball and park the bus every game. Gylfi occasionally gets on target but the rest couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo at present. I still think we should play Ayew as a front runner with Gylfi and Shelvey behind him. Give Gomis and Eder compassionate leave.

He's not fast at all. Might outpace Jonjo but that's about it.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:39 - Nov 26 with 911 viewsjackrabbit

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 10:20 - Nov 26 by jasper_T

He's not fast at all. Might outpace Jonjo but that's about it.

Instead of 'fast' read 'quick'. He's a quick thinker, quick to act, quick to get into position and quick to see situations developing....oh and he's got quick feet.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:47 - Nov 26 with 903 viewsjasper_T

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:39 - Nov 26 by jackrabbit

Instead of 'fast' read 'quick'. He's a quick thinker, quick to act, quick to get into position and quick to see situations developing....oh and he's got quick feet.

And a quick fork.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:07 - Nov 26 with 885 viewsLoyal

They can all fck off as far as I am concerned. Fcking idiot, scores a few goals and thinks he is the business.

I'd like to see him bake a really nice cake without complaining.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:13 - Nov 26 with 878 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 09:33 - Nov 26 by Dr_Winston

Not having a go at you specifically on this, but there is a tendency amongst fans to look at a player on the pitch and make cast iron statements about their "attitude".

It's easy to look at body language and make it fit whatever opinions people already hold. Truth is it's unlikely that anyone outside the club has any idea what attitude a particular player has, and if they're good at hiding it maybe not even them.

Think it's just because I haven't really seen what I was expecting after reading about the debut

His attitude could be bang on its just how its perceived by fans, especially when the team isn't functioning as we would all like. We'll always spot the 1 thing someone does that we don't like even if 99 times out of 100 the correct things are done

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 22:26 - Nov 26 with 866 viewsblaine_scfc

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:47 - Nov 25 by Rancid

He's one player who I wouldn't be too bothered about, if we decided to sell.I'd rather us sell him in the summer for 20m and us spend 10m on a traditional type winger.

Yeah let's sell him, as I keep saying, until last weekend one of three players to have scored a goal for us this season.

I know footballs all about opinions, but that is mental, no other word for it.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 07:15 - Nov 27 with 815 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:13 - Nov 26 by PatchesOHoulihan

Think it's just because I haven't really seen what I was expecting after reading about the debut

His attitude could be bang on its just how its perceived by fans, especially when the team isn't functioning as we would all like. We'll always spot the 1 thing someone does that we don't like even if 99 times out of 100 the correct things are done

That's fair.

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 07:23 - Nov 27 with 810 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:25 - Nov 25 by swancity

I see Jobs, you seem to be suggesting that we need to be winning every game. If not its a sticky patch. I see now why one win in 10 games means you'd like to see him hung drawn and quartered and not given every encouragement and support....and time to get it right.

My God. Just when I thought I'd heard the worst of the pro monk brigade's excuses and mindless optimism - you turn up!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 14:10 - Nov 27 with 757 viewsjackedup

If any of you actually bothered reading what Ayew said, rather than only the headline, there is absolutely nothing in his words that imply that he is considering leaving. In fact, he's glowing in his praise for Swansea.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 08:05 - Nov 28 with 692 viewsSwaneeRiver

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:32 - Nov 25 by Borojack

I wouldnt be surprised if he goes in January with the money being used to fund a striker and a RW.

If he goes we may as well kiss goodbye to the PL and save our money to rebuild for the Championship in the summer.
He's the only player that looks likely to score (albeit that Gylfi and now Shelvey have chipped in lately)
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 11:16 - Nov 28 with 661 viewsDafyddHuw

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 08:05 - Nov 28 by SwaneeRiver

If he goes we may as well kiss goodbye to the PL and save our money to rebuild for the Championship in the summer.
He's the only player that looks likely to score (albeit that Gylfi and now Shelvey have chipped in lately)

I thought he'd signed a contract with us. So him staying or going isn't really down to him.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 13:41 - Nov 28 with 634 viewsjasper_T

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 11:16 - Nov 28 by DafyddHuw

I thought he'd signed a contract with us. So him staying or going isn't really down to him.

How naive are you? Contracts don't mean anything these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024