Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... 17:29 - Nov 25 with 3565 viewsbonymine

January's going to be a long month for us I feel until the window closes .....

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-andr

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:32 - Nov 25 with 2316 viewsBorojack

I wouldnt be surprised if he goes in January with the money being used to fund a striker and a RW.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:42 - Nov 25 with 2270 viewsjasper_T

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:32 - Nov 25 by Borojack

I wouldnt be surprised if he goes in January with the money being used to fund a striker and a RW.

He'll have to go for a huge amount to do that and pay his the £5m we'll still owe him.

Don't see it happening. Not till the summer at least.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:47 - Nov 25 with 2240 viewsRancid

He's one player who I wouldn't be too bothered about, if we decided to sell.I'd rather us sell him in the summer for 20m and us spend 10m on a traditional type winger.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 18:29 - Nov 25 with 2163 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 17:47 - Nov 25 by Rancid

He's one player who I wouldn't be too bothered about, if we decided to sell.I'd rather us sell him in the summer for 20m and us spend 10m on a traditional type winger.

We'd be bonkers to sell him IMO. He's the only player we've got who can score goals
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 18:40 - Nov 25 with 2128 viewstomdickharry

If the money is right he's off a la Bony,aren't we skint
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 18:40 - Nov 25 with 2128 viewsDafyddHuw

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 18:29 - Nov 25 by AngelRangelQS

We'd be bonkers to sell him IMO. He's the only player we've got who can score goals

Absolutely. It would be insane to get rid.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 18:46 - Nov 25 with 2108 viewsMrSwerve

Ffs we don't learn do we. Why on earth would we sell him in Jan. Even for 10 million. The reward for staying up this year is massive.

I swear some people want to be the richest club in the championship sometimes.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 19:29 - Nov 25 with 1985 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 18:29 - Nov 25 by AngelRangelQS

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. You could easily say that goals have dried up from elsewhere since he came in. Quality player for sure, but we don't seem to have found a way to integrate him. He's not suiting our 4231 as he looked poor at number 10 and on the wing he doesn't link well with the full backs. I tend to think the false number 9 idea isn't such s bad one - maybe in our 4330 we played last season (the 'diamond').
Login to get fewer ads

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 19:40 - Nov 25 with 1967 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 19:29 - Nov 25 by LeonisGod

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. You could easily say that goals have dried up from elsewhere since he came in. Quality player for sure, but we don't seem to have found a way to integrate him. He's not suiting our 4231 as he looked poor at number 10 and on the wing he doesn't link well with the full backs. I tend to think the false number 9 idea isn't such s bad one - maybe in our 4330 we played last season (the 'diamond').

No single player is to blame for the mess we're in. Ayew is not responsible for the lack of pace in distribution from the back, or Montero's loss of form, or any number of other issues with the team at the minute.

Selling him in Jan would be idiotic. Even dumber than loaning Dyer out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 19:55 - Nov 25 with 1889 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 19:40 - Nov 25 by Dr_Winston

No single player is to blame for the mess we're in. Ayew is not responsible for the lack of pace in distribution from the back, or Montero's loss of form, or any number of other issues with the team at the minute.

Selling him in Jan would be idiotic. Even dumber than loaning Dyer out.

Equally no single player is going to get us out of it either. So if we can find a way to integrate him to the benefit of the whole I'm all for it. Whilst we're like this it doesn't really matter who comes and goes.

I think we're saying the same thing (the team is key) but coming from different angles.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:00 - Nov 25 with 1888 viewsicecoldjack

Swans is a stepping stone club for him,i got no problem with that, if he hits 12 goals this season i expect a firm offer in the summer, i think Ayew has enough respect for the Swans to wait til then regardless, same with Bony when he left .
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:04 - Nov 25 with 1877 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 19:55 - Nov 25 by LeonisGod

Equally no single player is going to get us out of it either. So if we can find a way to integrate him to the benefit of the whole I'm all for it. Whilst we're like this it doesn't really matter who comes and goes.

I think we're saying the same thing (the team is key) but coming from different angles.

Finding a way to integrate him properly would appear to be beyond the tactical capabilities of the current incumbent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:15 - Nov 25 with 1831 viewsswancity

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:04 - Nov 25 by Dr_Winston

Finding a way to integrate him properly would appear to be beyond the tactical capabilities of the current incumbent.

Which is nonsense Jobs, you seem to have it in for Garry

Ayew has been one of our best performers. He seems committed and scoring goals and is one of those footballers who is so good that he can play anywhere. Man Utds LVG has a similar predicament with Wayne Rooney. It's nothing to do with being unable to integrate him properly. You do like to make things up once you have an agenda which in your case now seems to be to rubbish most if not all that GM does.

Remember, Monk has worked wonders since his appointment almost two years ago with this being his first sticky patch. And things need to improve, everyone knows that. And if everyone gets behind the manager and players I'm sure things will improve. We might take another step or two back first though...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:16 - Nov 25 with 1822 viewsDarran

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:15 - Nov 25 by swancity

Ayew has been one of our best performers. He seems committed and scoring goals and is one of those footballers who is so good that he can play anywhere. Man Utds LVG has a similar predicament with Wayne Rooney. It's nothing to do with being unable to integrate him properly. You do like to make things up once you have an agenda which in your case now seems to be to rubbish most if not all that GM does.

Remember, Monk has worked wonders since his appointment almost two years ago with this being his first sticky patch. And things need to improve, everyone knows that. And if everyone gets behind the manager and players I'm sure things will improve. We might take another step or two back first though...

Isn't he meant to be playing on the right then?

F*ck me you're thick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:18 - Nov 25 with 1813 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:16 - Nov 25 by Darran

Isn't he meant to be playing on the right then?

F*ck me you're thick.

Feel free to educate him to the fact that this isn't Monk's first "sticky patch" either.

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:25 - Nov 25 with 1785 viewsswancity

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:18 - Nov 25 by Dr_Winston

Feel free to educate him to the fact that this isn't Monk's first "sticky patch" either.

I see Jobs, you seem to be suggesting that we need to be winning every game. If not its a sticky patch. I see now why one win in 10 games means you'd like to see him hung drawn and quartered and not given every encouragement and support....and time to get it right.

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:25 - Nov 25 with 1785 viewsjack247

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:15 - Nov 25 by swancity

He is right though.

Ayew probably is good enough to play in any attacking position bar lone front man. He would score goals from any of them too. Absolute game changer.

We can't seem to find a role for him though where he doesn't completely unbalance the side and either leave the right back exposed, or drag other teammates out of position.

In my view, he is good enough to at least attempt to build a team around. Give him a roaming role with less responsibility to hold a position. The way we are playing him at the moment, he is as much a liability as our trump card. We really do need to find a way to accommodate him without hurting our shape.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:29 - Nov 25 with 1767 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:25 - Nov 25 by swancity

I see Jobs, you seem to be suggesting that we need to be winning every game. If not its a sticky patch. I see now why one win in 10 games means you'd like to see him hung drawn and quartered and not given every encouragement and support....and time to get it right.

You're just embarassing yourself now Neddy. I realise that's basically your default setting but try and have some pride and/or self awareness yeah?

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:32 - Nov 25 with 1750 viewsDarran

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:25 - Nov 25 by swancity

It's two wins in ten anyway if we're talking about the league.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:32 - Nov 25 with 1748 viewsbonymine

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:00 - Nov 25 by icecoldjack

Swans is a stepping stone club for him,i got no problem with that, if he hits 12 goals this season i expect a firm offer in the summer, i think Ayew has enough respect for the Swans to wait til then regardless, same with Bony when he left .

But we sold Bony last January window !! 😳

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:38 - Nov 25 with 1704 viewsLeonisGod

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:25 - Nov 25 by jack247

He is right though.

Ayew probably is good enough to play in any attacking position bar lone front man. He would score goals from any of them too. Absolute game changer.

We can't seem to find a role for him though where he doesn't completely unbalance the side and either leave the right back exposed, or drag other teammates out of position.

In my view, he is good enough to at least attempt to build a team around. Give him a roaming role with less responsibility to hold a position. The way we are playing him at the moment, he is as much a liability as our trump card. We really do need to find a way to accommodate him without hurting our shape.

Well said. I didn't have the patience to type all that on my phone, but that's pretty much what I was getting at.
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:39 - Nov 25 with 1704 viewsswancity

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:32 - Nov 25 by Darran

It's two wins in ten anyway if we're talking about the league.

Thank you Darran, yes league results as these are the only ones that really matter

So it's not too bad at all then. In 14th place. I can accept and handle that. A 14 th place finish will do nicely thanks. Meanwhile, those of you who think we should be challenging Man City and Arsenal for the Title carry on.

For that Darran I hope you enjoy your turkey vindaloo on Xmas day

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:00 - Nov 25 with 1651 viewsAngelRangelQS

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:39 - Nov 25 by swancity

Thank you Darran, yes league results as these are the only ones that really matter

So it's not too bad at all then. In 14th place. I can accept and handle that. A 14 th place finish will do nicely thanks. Meanwhile, those of you who think we should be challenging Man City and Arsenal for the Title carry on.

6 points out of a possible 27 is horrendous whoever you are
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:11 - Nov 25 with 1623 viewslovejuicejack

Well one things for sure we would of lost last Saturday if it wasn't for Ayew, need to really hang onto him and adjust team around him.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2015 21:11]
Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 21:47 - Nov 25 with 1545 viewsSwansNZ

Ayew happy at Swansea 'FOR NOW'.... on 20:39 - Nov 25 by swancity

We're still above Chelsea

When Monk took over, after the Cardiff game, we then only won 1 in 9 games. We came right at the end of the season, so I hope we start to put this poor run behind us very soon.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024