Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door 11:33 - Nov 26 with 4314 viewsLandore_Jack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-assistant-Pep-Clotet-edges-

PEP Clotet is edging nearer the Liberty Stadium exit door, with Brentford keen to appoint him as manager before their game at Bolton on Monday.

The Swansea City assistant has long been tipped to fill the vacancy left by Marinus Dijkhuizen at Griffin Park.

And it is understood the Bees are hoping to hand Clotet the job inside the next 48 hours.

Pep Clotet is fully committed to Swansea City, says Garry Monk

But the deal is yet to be sealed, with a number of issues potentially preventing its completion.

Swansea may want compensation for Garry Monk's No. 2, who was promoted from the club's youth set-up when the former skipper was handed the top job a little under two years ago.

They may also need time to fill the hole left in the club's backroom staff by Clotet's departure.

Brentford are also likely to be extra careful over coaching appointments after their experience with Dijkhuizen.

He lasted just nine games of the season before being replaced by Lee Carsley, who has revealed he does not want the job permanently despite an impressive stint in temporary charge. Carsley claimed last weekend's win over Nottingham Forest would be his last game at the helm.

Dijkhuizen's assistant Roy Hendriksen also left the club in September, with suggestions of difficulties between the deputy and Brentford's playing squad.

That could mean the West London club are keen to run the rule of any staff Clotet may want to bring with him before ratifying a deal.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 11:33]

#backtojack

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:04 - Nov 26 with 2966 viewsLord_Bony

Been saying it for weeks now...
Mercenary

Think there's some bad feeling between him and gazza.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:06 - Nov 26 with 2951 viewsUxbridge

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:04 - Nov 26 by Lord_Bony

Mercenary

Mercenary? How so?

Assistant manager gets offered the top job elsewhere. He'd be mad not be interested.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:16 - Nov 26 with 2903 viewsClinton

In return we could offer Lee Carsley the assistant job here. He's got bags of experience as a player at Derby and Everton, seems a thoroughly decent man and clearly has ability judging from Brentfords recent form.
(He's on record as not wanting to be number 1, that's why the Bees are looking for a manager)

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:43 - Nov 26 with 2796 viewsLeonisGod

Good.

Not that I know anything about his role or relationships in the club, and he could well be a loss. But the sooner this is put behind Garry so he can move on and plan with some certainty the better imo.

In or out doesn't matter, just get it resolved please.
Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:46 - Nov 26 with 2786 viewsHighjack

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:16 - Nov 26 by Clinton

In return we could offer Lee Carsley the assistant job here. He's got bags of experience as a player at Derby and Everton, seems a thoroughly decent man and clearly has ability judging from Brentfords recent form.
(He's on record as not wanting to be number 1, that's why the Bees are looking for a manager)

We should promote Kris o leary.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:50 - Nov 26 with 2764 viewsHidden_Hand

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 12:04 - Nov 26 by Lord_Bony

Mercenary

I bet there is, I think Clotet is a bit more tactically aware then Garry.. and hes realised that hes on his own now.

Sorry not on his own, hes got the coaches he employed ... O'Leary and Beattie.
Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:07 - Nov 26 with 2699 viewsDarran

Go get Sean O'Driscoll.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:20 - Nov 26 with 2661 viewstomdickharry

Have already said that Carsley would be a good appointment in place of Clotet,done well as temporary Manager at Brentford.
Login to get fewer ads

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:39 - Nov 26 with 2597 viewsLandore_Jack

Colin Pascoe.....

#backtojack

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:48 - Nov 26 with 2564 viewsmonmouth

Oh well. We've all said something's got to change so maybe this would change it. If it happens we'll see whether that's for better or worse soon enough. It's not as if we've never had anyone leave after all.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:52 - Nov 26 with 2547 viewsUxbridge

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:48 - Nov 26 by monmouth

Oh well. We've all said something's got to change so maybe this would change it. If it happens we'll see whether that's for better or worse soon enough. It's not as if we've never had anyone leave after all.

Must admit Pep's not the one I would be seeking to get rid of though. Can't really see KOL stepping seamlessly into the more analytical side of things.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:55 - Nov 26 with 2533 viewsmonmouth

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:52 - Nov 26 by Uxbridge

Must admit Pep's not the one I would be seeking to get rid of though. Can't really see KOL stepping seamlessly into the more analytical side of things.

I have no idea what's behind our stodge, but yes he would not have been the first name on my personal hitlist. Sometimes something has to be forced on you though that will hopefully force other beneficial consequences, and this seems out of our control. Unless we make Clotet our manager of course...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 14:13 - Nov 26 with 2480 viewsJohnw102

Perhaps he will take Beattie with him, could we be that lucky?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 18:28 - Nov 26 with 2220 viewsLeonisGod

I'd like to see a dream team of Alan Brazil and Gazza. Then we could f*ck the footie and just party
Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 18:29 - Nov 26 with 2213 viewsJackfath

If he goes, we move on. Not the end of the world is it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 19:39 - Nov 26 with 2109 viewswaynekerr55

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 18:28 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

I'd like to see a dream team of Alan Brazil and Gazza. Then we could f*ck the footie and just party

With Mike 'Porky' Parry as kit man

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 19:44 - Nov 26 with 2089 viewsbonymine

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 13:52 - Nov 26 by Uxbridge

KOL started coaching my son's age group in the Excellence a few years back before his rapid rise through the ranks.

Not impressed at all to be honest still too many there I feel on the 'old boys network' we are PL but our back room staff are way off the pace.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 19:45 - Nov 26 with 2083 viewsJackfath

Sometime when you're feeling important;
Sometime when your ego 's in bloom;
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You're the best qualified in the room:
Sometime when you feel that your going,
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions,
And see how they humble your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that's remaining,
Is a measure of how much you'll be missed.
You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop, and you'll find that in no time,
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example,
Is to do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There's no indispensable man.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 19:59 - Nov 26 with 2044 viewsLeonisGod

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 19:45 - Nov 26 by Jackfath

Sometime when you're feeling important;
Sometime when your ego 's in bloom;
Sometime when you take it for granted,
You're the best qualified in the room:
Sometime when you feel that your going,
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions,
And see how they humble your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to the wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that's remaining,
Is a measure of how much you'll be missed.
You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop, and you'll find that in no time,
It looks quite the same as before.

The moral of this quaint example,
Is to do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself but remember,
There's no indispensable man.

Nice.

Although to keep the PC brigade happy the last line should read ''There's no indespensable man, or woman, or person of questionable or undetermined gender.'
Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 20:01 - Nov 26 with 2031 viewsLeonisGod

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 19:39 - Nov 26 by waynekerr55

With Mike 'Porky' Parry as kit man

SCAFC - Swansea City Alcoholic Football Club
Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 05:44 - Nov 29 with 1743 viewsjackedup

Seems they have failed to agree to a deal.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brentford/12023097/Brentford-lin
Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 07:45 - Nov 29 with 1687 viewsHighjack

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 05:44 - Nov 29 by jackedup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brentford/12023097/Brentford-lin

I'm guessing now we'll see him edging away from the exit door and back into the middle of the room.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 08:04 - Nov 29 with 1668 viewsSwansNZ

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 05:44 - Nov 29 by jackedup

He wanted to take Beattie with him, and Brentford said no fecking way

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 08:17 - Nov 29 with 1651 viewsLoyal

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 07:45 - Nov 29 by Highjack

I'm guessing now we'll see him edging away from the exit door and back into the middle of the room.

If he does that he will become 'adjacent' very 'adjacent'

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 10:44 - Nov 29 with 1454 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pep Clotet edges nearer Liberty Stadium exit door on 08:17 - Nov 29 by Loyal

If he does that he will become 'adjacent' very 'adjacent'

I think he'll suffer the wrath of either Monk or Jenkins and end up back coaching the kids

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024