Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syrian Debate in House of Commons 11:37 - Nov 26 with 5109 viewsNookiejack

Cameron states the troops who will take and hold ground against ISIS in Syria (if UK enters into Syrian bombing campaign) are:-

(1) 'Moderate' Free Syrian Army of which he 'estimates' there are 70,000.

Surely this has no credibility?

I assume Free Syrian Army is 100% Sunni - so what are Assad's Shia Alawites supported by Russia going to do in the meantime - while Free Syrian Army is defeating ISIS? Hang on Free Syrian army isn't currently fighting ISIS - it is fighting Assad.

Are the Free Syrian Army actually moderates - or could they actually be more extremist than ISIS?

Is 70,000 troops actually enough to defeat ISIS - even if they had 70,000 which by all accounts they have nowhere near that number.

(2) Kurds

The thing is with regards to the Kurds they don't want to go further than Sinjar because they are then going into Arab Sunni heartlands - so will not have support of local population. Also Turkey is going to bomb the hell out of the Kurds - if they have any success on ground - as do not want the establishment of a Kurdistan state.
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:39 - Nov 27 with 1203 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:24 - Nov 27 by perchrockjack

Folk me tom, wrong
Again.

Hope you show better judgement when buying underwear .

Why is that her dismissed out of hand as a she devil.

Think before answering and before you do, millions elected and re elected her so your views and thst of South Wales are naturally going to be subjective.

In other words, left good right bad... As I've always said on here.

Millions elected and reelected Blair. Didn't stop.him from turning out to be one of Satan's finest minions did it?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 22:06 - Nov 27 with 1141 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:39 - Nov 27 by Jack_Meoff

Millions elected and reelected Blair. Didn't stop.him from turning out to be one of Satan's finest minions did it?

don't let facts get in the way

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 11:37 - Nov 28 with 1088 viewsHighjack

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:39 - Nov 27 by Jack_Meoff

Millions didn't elect him. Only about 25000 people in Sedgefield did.

Just mentioning it so ECB doesn't have to.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 14:51 - Nov 28 with 1054 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 11:37 - Nov 28 by Highjack

Thanks, HJ. I appreciate your help.

Poll: Tory leader

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:13 - Nov 28 with 1039 viewsHighjack

You're most welcome. I hope you are having a lovely day.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:14 - Nov 28 with 1038 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:13 - Nov 28 by Highjack

You're most welcome. I hope you are having a lovely day.

Most pleasant. I'm thinking of having a small glass of sherry soon. You?

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:18 - Nov 28 with 1036 viewsHighjack

Beer for me, I'm not posh middle class enough for sherry I'm afraid.

But one day.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:24 - Nov 28 with 1029 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 11:37 - Nov 28 by Highjack

True I guess, but kind of pedantic eh!

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:25 - Nov 28 with 1027 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:24 - Nov 28 by Jack_Meoff

True I guess, but kind of pedantic eh!

It's how I roll. And actually more important than people think. PMs are accountable to no one but the Queen.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:33 - Nov 28 with 1019 viewsDarran

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:14 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Most pleasant. I'm thinking of having a small glass of sherry soon. You?

Sherry? What a f*cking fruit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:45 - Nov 28 with 1012 viewsLohengrin

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:33 - Nov 28 by Darran

Sherry? What a f*cking fruit.

White grape as it goes.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 17:37 - Nov 28 with 981 viewsHighjack

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:25 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

It's how I roll. And actually more important than people think. PMs are accountable to no one but the Queen.

And the constituents in their constituency obviously.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 17:39 - Nov 28 with 976 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 17:37 - Nov 28 by Highjack

And the constituents in their constituency obviously.

Well yes. But even there they can still get elected when most of the people vote for someone else.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:30 - Nov 28 with 954 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 15:25 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Slightly off topic but related as you've mentioned the Queen and PM - did you know that the square mile 'City of London Corporation' is its own sovereign state, separate from the rest of the UK and is not beholden to Parliament/the Queen/PM? It also has its own lobbyist within the HoC known as the Remembrancer.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 18:32]

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:36 - Nov 28 with 948 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:30 - Nov 28 by Jack_Meoff

Slightly off topic but related as you've mentioned the Queen and PM - did you know that the square mile 'City of London Corporation' is its own sovereign state, separate from the rest of the UK and is not beholden to Parliament/the Queen/PM? It also has its own lobbyist within the HoC known as the Remembrancer.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 18:32]

Don't be silly now.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:38 - Nov 28 with 947 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:36 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Don't be silly now.

No, really. Look into it. It's no big secret.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:43 - Nov 28 with 939 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:38 - Nov 28 by Jack_Meoff

No, really. Look into it. It's no big secret.

Sovereign state? I mean, I'm aware that there are some archaic constitutional arrangements (which are mostly just traditions) in place for some areas but a sovereign state? Really now?

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:50 - Nov 28 with 928 viewsjackonicko

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:43 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Sovereign state? I mean, I'm aware that there are some archaic constitutional arrangements (which are mostly just traditions) in place for some areas but a sovereign state? Really now?

No. It's effectively a local authority with some pageantry.

There's a nice ceremony if the Queen makes a ceremonial visit as Head of State. But it's just that.

BoJo has more power, but less money!
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:57 - Nov 28 with 919 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:43 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

OK fair enough sovereign state may have been a poor choice of words.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:59 - Nov 28 with 912 viewsexiledclaseboy

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:50 - Nov 28 by jackonicko

No. It's effectively a local authority with some pageantry.

There's a nice ceremony if the Queen makes a ceremonial visit as Head of State. But it's just that.

BoJo has more power, but less money!

Which was my initial understanding. I believe the Remembrancer had a small role in the Lord of the Rings but Tolkien cut him for space. Because Tolkien was all about the brevity.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 19:10 - Nov 28 with 898 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 18:59 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Which was my initial understanding. I believe the Remembrancer had a small role in the Lord of the Rings but Tolkien cut him for space. Because Tolkien was all about the brevity.

The Remembrancer does actually exist, though admittedly he does sound like Bilbo's arch nemesis. With regard to the financial skullf*ckery that goes on within the City (hence its power and influence), apparently this film is eye opening (ordered earlier today). The trailer is here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024