Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Syrian Debate in House of Commons 11:37 - Nov 26 with 5121 viewsNookiejack

Cameron states the troops who will take and hold ground against ISIS in Syria (if UK enters into Syrian bombing campaign) are:-

(1) 'Moderate' Free Syrian Army of which he 'estimates' there are 70,000.

Surely this has no credibility?

I assume Free Syrian Army is 100% Sunni - so what are Assad's Shia Alawites supported by Russia going to do in the meantime - while Free Syrian Army is defeating ISIS? Hang on Free Syrian army isn't currently fighting ISIS - it is fighting Assad.

Are the Free Syrian Army actually moderates - or could they actually be more extremist than ISIS?

Is 70,000 troops actually enough to defeat ISIS - even if they had 70,000 which by all accounts they have nowhere near that number.

(2) Kurds

The thing is with regards to the Kurds they don't want to go further than Sinjar because they are then going into Arab Sunni heartlands - so will not have support of local population. Also Turkey is going to bomb the hell out of the Kurds - if they have any success on ground - as do not want the establishment of a Kurdistan state.
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 11:49 - Nov 26 with 2830 viewsLord_Bony

There is only one reason the west is going in. Take assad out and replace him with a puppet. That's if Isis don't take over first.

They did nt plan for the Russians to come in and spoil the party.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:03 - Nov 26 with 2813 viewsLohengrin

Now that Putin has deployed the S-300 sytem a week from now there will be no Free Syrian Army left in a position to be holding anything.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:09 - Nov 26 with 2799 viewsLord_Bony

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:03 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

Now that Putin has deployed the S-300 sytem a week from now there will be no Free Syrian Army left in a position to be holding anything.

After the Great turkey shoot this week the antenna has been upped for sure. The Russians will shoot down any threat to their aircraft now...dangerous times.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:12 - Nov 26 with 2796 viewsLohengrin

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:09 - Nov 26 by Lord_Bony

After the Great turkey shoot this week the antenna has been upped for sure. The Russians will shoot down any threat to their aircraft now...dangerous times.

The ante, you mean?

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:14 - Nov 26 with 2787 viewsNookiejack

A commentator on Sky was reporting that Shia militias/Iranian Revolutionary guards (also Shias) in Northern Iraq have been massacring Sunnis there - when presumably they have recaptured ground from ISIS.

So local Sunni populations in currently held ISIS land - very fearful of Shias defeating ISIS - hence are supporting them.

What a mess.
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:20 - Nov 26 with 2778 viewsLohengrin

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:14 - Nov 26 by Nookiejack

A commentator on Sky was reporting that Shia militias/Iranian Revolutionary guards (also Shias) in Northern Iraq have been massacring Sunnis there - when presumably they have recaptured ground from ISIS.

So local Sunni populations in currently held ISIS land - very fearful of Shias defeating ISIS - hence are supporting them.

What a mess.

It has been for over a thousand years.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:26 - Nov 26 with 2759 viewsperchrockjack

and yet there are those who say it is NOT about religion. It is all about A religion

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:27 - Nov 26 with 2758 viewspikeypaul

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:03 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

You think they will be the 1st target for the Russians to take out?

If so and then hopefully ISIS and other rebel forces are taken out by Russia / UK,France,US,etc we are left with Russia supporting Assad with Assad welcoming Russia, but US and Uk trying to bring Assad down,so the way I see it the US / NATO are on an inevitable conflict with Russia once or if ISIS and rebel forces are wiped out.Maybe it's better for us all just to fight the terrorists long term rather than take on Russia which is the inevitable end game.

Glad I took my pension early and I have no grandchildren.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 12:48]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:28 - Nov 26 with 2755 viewsperchrockjack

I just wish we would stay out of this all and let them kill each other as they all casue us grief.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:37 - Nov 26 with 2740 viewsNogginthenog

The whole thing is a clusterfeck. Camerons assertion that we need to keep our people safe by hitting isis in Syria couldnt be further from the truth. It will make our streets less safe and a few Tornados wont make a jot of difference to the defeat of isis. Someone has to get boots on the ground and it shouldnt be us again after previous follies in far off lands. He talks a load of bollox and thinks we are all thick. Let the arabs sort it out ffs.
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:39 - Nov 26 with 2736 viewsHighjack

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:26 - Nov 26 by perchrockjack

and yet there are those who say it is NOT about religion. It is all about A religion

No its about men wanting power and money.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:05 - Nov 26 with 2697 viewsLohengrin

Just wait until the Kurds start to turn the weaponry that Russia has supplied them on Ankara.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:13 - Nov 26 with 2690 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 11:49 - Nov 26 by Lord_Bony

There is only one reason the west is going in. Take assad out and replace him with a puppet. That's if Isis don't take over first.

They did nt plan for the Russians to come in and spoil the party.

Yep. Ever since the bombing was voted against in the HoC in 2013, plan B went into place. We're about to see its fruition sadly. Real shame there's so much profit in arms isn't it.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:27 - Nov 26 with 2671 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We have learnt absolutely f@ck all from the past .

There's money to be made & we want a slice of it .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:42 - Nov 26 with 2649 viewsDTSS19

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:27 - Nov 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

We have learnt absolutely f@ck all from the past .

There's money to be made & we want a slice of it .

I'm not big on politics, especially war politics, so can someone explain to a complete dolt, in laymans terms how countries/governments actually make money from wars?
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:59 - Nov 26 with 2633 viewsLord_Bony

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:42 - Nov 26 by DTSS19

I'm not big on politics, especially war politics, so can someone explain to a complete dolt, in laymans terms how countries/governments actually make money from wars?

It doesn't make governments rich...it makes big corporations,banks and the elite rich...that is where the real power is.

War is good for business.

Politicians are susceptible to bribes to back the agendas of the above.

We the people pay the price in blood.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 19:34 - Nov 26 with 2525 viewsexiledclaseboy

Last time Cameron asked the Commons to vote on this it was to bomb Assad. This time he wants backing to bomb those opposing Assad. Who are the same ones who were opposing Assad last time they asked the Commins to bomb Assad.

Ho hum.

Poll: Tory leader

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 20:01 - Nov 26 with 2468 viewsLohengrin

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 19:34 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Last time Cameron asked the Commons to vote on this it was to bomb Assad. This time he wants backing to bomb those opposing Assad. Who are the same ones who were opposing Assad last time they asked the Commins to bomb Assad.

Ho hum.

This looks to be quite prescient from two years ago.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 22:55 - Nov 26 with 2410 viewsLord_Bony

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 20:01 - Nov 26 by Lohengrin

This looks to be quite prescient from two years ago.

Why the hell is the chairman of the BNP the one to be talking so much sense among politicians...he s really got his head screwed on regarding the facts here...Most of the Syrian Rebels are Jihadists not to be trusted.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 23:42 - Nov 26 with 2386 viewsJack_Meoff

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 19:34 - Nov 26 by exiledclaseboy

Ho hum.

It's almost like they want to drop bombs either way and will lie through their teeth to do so. How much per unit profit do these bombs generate? Cameron/Blair/Bliar/Camoron - interchangeable warmongering corporate shill b*stards. Democracy eh. F*cking joke.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 00:13 - Nov 27 with 2365 viewsNookiejack

Free Syrian Army don't seem to be doing too well. Apparently only 35,000 of them. (Warning - I don't know who Breitbat.com are and who funds them).

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/12/report-u-s-backed-free-syr
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 00:18 - Nov 27 with 2359 viewsNookiejack

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 00:13 - Nov 27 by Nookiejack

Free Syrian Army don't seem to be doing too well. Apparently only 35,000 of them. (Warning - I don't know who Breitbat.com are and who funds them).

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/12/report-u-s-backed-free-syr

Sorry I need to correct my statement apparently there are 35,000 in Southern Syria and hard to determine in Northern Syria because it is so fragmented there.

Cameron's argument therefore is not as 'compelling' as he makes out.
Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 04:24 - Nov 27 with 2321 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

America should just get the f@ck out of there , everything they've touched in the middle east has turned to sh!t .
Also
Turkey's oil buying off ISIL and bombing the Kurds after the Kurds defeating ISIL is a catastrophy , kick them out of NATO .

Then there's Dai Cameron's best friends the Saudis propping it all up .

It stinks to high heaven , this war had NOTHING to do with religion .

Thank f@ck Russia are in there they've done more in a week than the west has done in over a year .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:27 - Nov 27 with 2220 viewsperchrockjack

Yep, the Russians can teach us all about human rights.

To think they are held in higher esteem than USA, without whom we would have lost WW2, whilst the Russians were building an Empire of their own underneath our noses ,truly makes me sick.

Saw Bridge of Spies last night and the true nature of Russians was all too accurately portrayed.

Bottom line is, none of us know the answer as to what to do to resolve this. Corbyn, the coward that he is simply wants to do feckall but navel gaze whilst others want to seemingly blitz all.

Its going to be trial and error ,Im afraid and innocent people will be killed as in all wars and especially in this conflict.

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 13:21 - Nov 27 with 2197 viewsLohengrin

Syrian Debate in House of Commons on 12:27 - Nov 27 by perchrockjack

Yep, the Russians can teach us all about human rights.

To think they are held in higher esteem than USA, without whom we would have lost WW2, whilst the Russians were building an Empire of their own underneath our noses ,truly makes me sick.

Saw Bridge of Spies last night and the true nature of Russians was all too accurately portrayed.

Bottom line is, none of us know the answer as to what to do to resolve this. Corbyn, the coward that he is simply wants to do feckall but navel gaze whilst others want to seemingly blitz all.

Its going to be trial and error ,Im afraid and innocent people will be killed as in all wars and especially in this conflict.

I was supposed to have gone to see Bridge of Spies myself last night, Perch, then we had visitors come out of the blue and that put the tin hat on it.

Was it any good? I read Whittell's book a few years ago. I hope it lives up to it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024