Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union jacks 10:39 - Nov 27 with 17856 viewsHighjack

Anyone notice there are a lot of these flags at home games. Does anyone know why? Are we Welsh or British?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Union jacks on 15:23 - Nov 27 with 2755 viewsChief

As well as a symbol of resentment towards east Walian biased control of wales

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Union jacks on 15:32 - Nov 27 with 2743 viewsCwmavonJack

Union jacks on 15:03 - Nov 27 by jacabertawe

Or even "JacCwmafon"!

Maybe because there is no such place as Cwmafon? I live in Cwmavon. The welsh version is Cwmafan meaning valley of the river avon. Hope this has satisfied your curiosity. Furthermore I couldnt give a flying f**k if theres a peruvian styled pirate flag of jack sparrow on display as long as we get 3 points im happy.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2015 15:34]

Poll: Should St David's day be a Bank Holiday in Wales?

Union jacks on 15:42 - Nov 27 with 2731 viewsHighjack

I've also seen yellow cross flags, which look a bit like a Swedish flag. We must have some Swedish fans. They go to Wales games too so they must be committed Swedish fans.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Union jacks on 15:47 - Nov 27 with 2720 viewskarnataka

Union jacks on 15:32 - Nov 27 by CwmavonJack

Maybe because there is no such place as Cwmafon? I live in Cwmavon. The welsh version is Cwmafan meaning valley of the river avon. Hope this has satisfied your curiosity. Furthermore I couldnt give a flying f**k if theres a peruvian styled pirate flag of jack sparrow on display as long as we get 3 points im happy.

Fair enough.
Union jacks on 17:22 - Nov 27 with 2678 viewsjacabertawe

Union jacks on 15:32 - Nov 27 by CwmavonJack

No. "Valley of the River AFAN". "Avon" is, of course, an English corruption of "afon", i.e. "river". Your "river avon" would therefore be "river river"! So, Cwmafan it is: the valley of the River Afan.
Yours, etc
A Pedant

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Union jacks on 17:25 - Nov 27 with 2677 viewsDarran

Union jacks on 17:22 - Nov 27 by jacabertawe

No. "Valley of the River AFAN". "Avon" is, of course, an English corruption of "afon", i.e. "river". Your "river avon" would therefore be "river river"! So, Cwmafan it is: the valley of the River Afan.
Yours, etc
A Pedant

Who cares it's still a shit hole.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Union jacks on 17:26 - Nov 27 with 2672 viewsjacabertawe

Union jacks on 17:25 - Nov 27 by Darran

But there is a nice road going through it.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Union jacks on 17:38 - Nov 27 with 2659 viewsLohengrin

Union jacks on 17:25 - Nov 27 by Darran

Land of the moving curtains...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Union jacks on 17:42 - Nov 27 with 2653 viewsDr_Winston

People should be entitled to display any flag they choose to at the stadium despite the Nationalist censors.

Whould probably draw the line at the ISIS one though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Union jacks on 20:08 - Nov 27 with 2607 viewsjackrabbit

Union jacks on 15:03 - Nov 27 by jacabertawe

Or even "JacCwmafon"!

Or "Cwmafan" as it should be?
Union jacks on 21:02 - Nov 27 with 2576 viewsyescomeon

Stinks a bit to me of shit stiring having a big old union jack. People entitled to feel how they feel though, if they wanna display a big union jack at a Swansea game, they are quite entitled to. Same as I am quite entitled to quietly be a little disgusted at the sight of it.

Upthecity!

Union jacks on 21:36 - Nov 27 with 2553 viewsicecoldjack

Union jacks on 13:39 - Nov 27 by Glyn1

Support Your City:
It's Swansea over every other club.

Support your country:
Wales over any other British country.

Support your nation:
I'll support any British team or club over any of the foreigners, support every British athletes in the Olympics etc.

Support your continent:
Come on Europe! Beat the Yanks in the Ryder Cup next year.

Support your hemisphere:
I supported any Northern hemisphere team to beat any Southern hemisphere team in the Rugby World Cup - still enjoyed it though.

Spot on .
Union jacks on 21:38 - Nov 27 with 2551 viewsDr_Winston

Union jacks on 21:02 - Nov 27 by yescomeon

Stinks a bit to me of shit stiring having a big old union jack. People entitled to feel how they feel though, if they wanna display a big union jack at a Swansea game, they are quite entitled to. Same as I am quite entitled to quietly be a little disgusted at the sight of it.

Seems odd to actually be "disgusted" by a tatty bit of dyed cloth, but it's a strange world.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Union jacks on 22:01 - Nov 27 with 2537 viewsCwmavonJack

Union jacks on 17:38 - Nov 27 by Lohengrin

Land of the moving curtains...

Land of the stinky beef curtins. Bunch of sl*gs up there. Just how I like it.

Poll: Should St David's day be a Bank Holiday in Wales?

Union jacks on 22:06 - Nov 27 with 2531 viewsyescomeon

Union jacks on 21:38 - Nov 27 by Dr_Winston

Seems odd to actually be "disgusted" by a tatty bit of dyed cloth, but it's a strange world.

Completely agree with you on both fronts.

Upthecity!

Union jacks on 22:15 - Nov 27 with 2454 viewsbuilthjack

Union jacks on 15:42 - Nov 27 by Highjack

I've also seen yellow cross flags, which look a bit like a Swedish flag. We must have some Swedish fans. They go to Wales games too so they must be committed Swedish fans.

There were a group of Swedish fans supporting us at Villa Park

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Union jacks on 22:59 - Nov 27 with 2435 viewsepaul

Union jacks on 17:42 - Nov 27 by Dr_Winston

People should be entitled to display any flag they choose to at the stadium despite the Nationalist censors.

Whould probably draw the line at the ISIS one though.

They've been getting the p*ss ripped out of them on twitter

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Union jacks on 23:18 - Nov 27 with 2424 viewsCopperJack

British for me. Don't see why anyone feels any pride in being Welsh when Wales does nothing but treat us like crap. Swansea was better off before devolution.

I'm a proud Jack, but London is my capital and British is my nationality, and will remain so until the Welsh government stop spending all our money in Cardiff and woefully ignoring our city.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Union jacks on 23:22 - Nov 27 with 2419 viewsSwanseajill

Union jacks on 11:02 - Nov 27 by Darran

I'd love to know who's got the one in the east towards the south stand because the thick tw*ts are in distress.

Seated opposite to that flag would wind Gareth up no end. As it would to anyone who had been in the forces.
Union jacks on 23:44 - Nov 27 with 2398 viewslifelong

Union jacks on 23:18 - Nov 27 by CopperJack

British for me. Don't see why anyone feels any pride in being Welsh when Wales does nothing but treat us like crap. Swansea was better off before devolution.

I'm a proud Jack, but London is my capital and British is my nationality, and will remain so until the Welsh government stop spending all our money in Cardiff and woefully ignoring our city.

So you'll change your nationality if there's a change in the Welsh Government?
Union jacks on 06:35 - Nov 28 with 2354 viewsSwaneeRiver

TBH I've been so bemused by what's going wrong on the pitch, I've barely noticed the off field side of things.
Union jacks on 08:15 - Nov 28 with 2329 viewsDewi1jack

Always makes me chuckle when we get a "flag" thread.
Maybe someone will give us a proper, acceptable answer someday as to why we have to be Welsh or British.
Personally I consider myself to be Welsh and Great British...

If I'm allowed

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Union jacks on 08:20 - Nov 28 with 2328 viewsEdmundo

Union jacks on 15:03 - Nov 27 by dgt73

A multi cultural country - the end is nigh.

😂

Exactomundo!

Society falls apart over flag incident 😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Union jacks on 08:22 - Nov 28 with 2326 viewsSwaneeRiver

Union jacks on 08:15 - Nov 28 by Dewi1jack

Always makes me chuckle when we get a "flag" thread.
Maybe someone will give us a proper, acceptable answer someday as to why we have to be Welsh or British.
Personally I consider myself to be Welsh and Great British...

If I'm allowed

Never given it much thought as regards us, but your probably right. We've as much right as the visitors to use the Union Jack.
Now if we were flying the St George Cross ....
Union jacks on 09:39 - Nov 28 with 2306 viewsCopperJack

Union jacks on 23:44 - Nov 27 by lifelong

So you'll change your nationality if there's a change in the Welsh Government?

I'll start feeling a pride in being Welsh when Wales stops treating Swansea so disgustingly.

This guy has acutely articulated my resentment, albeit, it's about Gwynedd and not Swansea, but the principle is exactly the same http://www.clickonwales.org/2015/11/is-wales-a-nation-or-a-city-state/

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024