Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davis Cup Final 2015 14:14 - Nov 27 with 3741 viewsunion_jack

Kyle Edmunds off to a flyer. 2-0 up but Belgium looking stronger in the third (as I write).

A case of starting like a South African but becoming more British as the tie goes on!?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:14 - Nov 29 with 683 viewsmonmouth

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:03 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Here we go again. Hopefully a nice, easy straight sets win for the greatest tennis player we've ever had to wrap things up quickly. Gwarn, Andy

Indeed. I used to think Murray was an overrated nasty piece of work, but by far the best that this Septic Isle, this Other Anthony Eden has ever produced. Turned out a decent bloke too. Win it for yourself Andy boy and write yourself further into Fred Perry Lore. Maybe bring out a range of Polo Shirts next and totally blast old Fred off the court?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:17 - Nov 29 with 681 viewsexiledclaseboy

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:14 - Nov 29 by monmouth

Indeed. I used to think Murray was an overrated nasty piece of work, but by far the best that this Septic Isle, this Other Anthony Eden has ever produced. Turned out a decent bloke too. Win it for yourself Andy boy and write yourself further into Fred Perry Lore. Maybe bring out a range of Polo Shirts next and totally blast old Fred off the court?

As a double Slam winner, Olympic champion and (hopefully) Davis Cup winner I'd imagine Sir Andrew Murray won't be too far in the future. All of these things were in the realms of fantasy for British tennis until Murray came along.

Poll: Tory leader

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:19 - Nov 29 with 679 viewsDr_Winston

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:17 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

As a double Slam winner, Olympic champion and (hopefully) Davis Cup winner I'd imagine Sir Andrew Murray won't be too far in the future. All of these things were in the realms of fantasy for British tennis until Murray came along.

In a lesser era Murray would probably have five or six Slams by now. It's a bitter stroke of luck that his prime has coincided with the careers of three all time greats in Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:21 - Nov 29 with 677 viewsexiledclaseboy

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:19 - Nov 29 by Dr_Winston

In a lesser era Murray would probably have five or six Slams by now. It's a bitter stroke of luck that his prime has coincided with the careers of three all time greats in Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.

Indeed. I still think he's got a couple more Slams in him though. Depends on whether Djokovic drops his level because he's more or less unbeatable at the moment.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:30 - Nov 29 with 668 viewsDr_Winston

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:21 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed. I still think he's got a couple more Slams in him though. Depends on whether Djokovic drops his level because he's more or less unbeatable at the moment.

Djokovic is the question. Injuries seem to be catching up with Nadal and Federer can't go on forever, as much as he looks like he can at the minute.

It's kind of ironic that Djoko is the man Murray has beaten in both his Slam wins and now he's the man who may well deny him any more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:33 - Nov 29 with 662 viewsexiledclaseboy

Not sure if the dopey Belgians realise that trying to put Murray off is probably going to end up working against their boy.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:51 - Nov 29 with 640 viewsorion3016

Murray looks extremely focussed here. Just cant see him losing

Be over there now after

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:56 - Nov 29 with 635 viewsunion_jack

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:33 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Not sure if the dopey Belgians realise that trying to put Murray off is probably going to end up working against their boy.

One up. Come on Muzza!!

Go home Castle! Please!!

Login to get fewer ads

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:57 - Nov 29 with 635 viewsLohengrin

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 15:49 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

I bet you loved Buster and his NF sympathies.

His haughty put-down to a red, she-male protester still makes me laugh....

"If you ever hope to find a husband you really ought to start making an effort."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:12 - Nov 29 with 619 viewsunion_jack

Wtf is Murray doing!? Needs to take control quickly.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:14 - Nov 29 with 615 viewsexiledclaseboy

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:12 - Nov 29 by union_jack

Wtf is Murray doing!? Needs to take control quickly.

Goffin needs to take those chances. He won't get many.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:20 - Nov 29 with 610 viewsunion_jack

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:14 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Goffin needs to take those chances. He won't get many.

It's amazing how the pressure is getting to both of them. Both missing reasonably straightforward chances.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:25 - Nov 29 with 598 viewsorion3016

It would actually be nice for kyle Edmund to win it having played so well in 1st 2 sets on Friday. Can't see it getting to that

Be over there now after

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:29 - Nov 29 with 595 viewsunion_jack

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 12:21 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

As you know, I'm his biggest critic. I don't think he'll win anymore unless freak results go his way I.e. Djokovic and even Federer are knocked out. His temperament is not cool enough and he makes too many errors. He also relies heavily in his defensive play, looping balls up for others to attack thinking he can always defend. Not always the case. Visible today as well.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:56 - Nov 29 with 574 viewsImAlrightJack

Burn down the Union Jack as Billy Bragg once had a hit with.

No Welsh players, so I don't care, I'm not being represented by these goons.
Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:11 - Nov 29 with 562 viewsorion3016

Brilliant set point from Murray

Be over there now after

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:23 - Nov 29 with 556 viewsexiledclaseboy

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 13:29 - Nov 29 by union_jack

As you know, I'm his biggest critic. I don't think he'll win anymore unless freak results go his way I.e. Djokovic and even Federer are knocked out. His temperament is not cool enough and he makes too many errors. He also relies heavily in his defensive play, looping balls up for others to attack thinking he can always defend. Not always the case. Visible today as well.

Yeah but you were saying all that before he won two Slams and Olympic gold. You were wrong then and are still. All about opinions though.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:42 - Nov 29 with 528 viewsmax936

Fairplay to Goffin he's making Murray fight for everything great performance from him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:45 - Nov 29 with 524 viewsunion_jack

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:23 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but you were saying all that before he won two Slams and Olympic gold. You were wrong then and are still. All about opinions though.

Pah!!

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:51 - Nov 29 with 517 viewsexiledclaseboy

Murray breaks in the third. That should be that. Should.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:52 - Nov 29 with 516 viewsunion_jack

I'm trying to think of one of those tirades that the Danes did when they beat England. I can't think of any famous Belgians.

This will apply only IF we beat them of course which is looking positive at the moment but job not done just yet!

Any ideas anyone?

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:59 - Nov 29 with 514 viewsunion_jack

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:52 - Nov 29 by union_jack

I'm trying to think of one of those tirades that the Danes did when they beat England. I can't think of any famous Belgians.

This will apply only IF we beat them of course which is looking positive at the moment but job not done just yet!

Any ideas anyone?

Kim Clujsters is one. She'll have it (so to speak).

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 15:02 - Nov 29 with 511 viewsunion_jack

Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!! Get in.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 15:02 - Nov 29 with 511 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fantastic. Never thought I'd see the day.

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 15:03 - Nov 29 with 503 viewsDarran

Davis Cup Final 2015 on 14:52 - Nov 29 by union_jack

Any ideas anyone?

Hercule Poirot.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024