Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread 20:29 - Nov 27 with 38042 viewsskippyjack

vs

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Nov 29 with 1926 viewsmax936

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:07 - Nov 29 by rossshaw

You can see the lack of confidence in the team right now. There's a lot of determination in some of the players but Gylfi looks like a fish out of water at times. Montero is scared to run at anyone and Ki looks uncomfortable on the ball.
Completely different to the start of the season

Ki had another shocker for me yrds off the ball, away with the fairies, I don't think he could tackle a good dinner either, he needs to snap out of it sharpish.

Far better performance and didn't deserve to concede the penalty, crowd got that without any doubt, Lino bottled the job for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Nov 29 with 1926 viewslonglostjack

Had the impression we changed our style back to the quick passing game that is better to watch. Was that a result of Jonjo not playing I wonder?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:14 - Nov 29 with 1919 viewsgiantstoneater

Disappointing result but I gather from most on here that it was an improvement at the back we just need to show more up top. SSN saying it looked ball to hand so unlucky. Leicester on form and the like to hit teams on the break park the bus anyone!
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:15 - Nov 29 with 1908 viewsSwansNZ

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:12 - Nov 29 by Borojack

I didnt see the game BBC stats state no shots on target which if true isnt great.

Liverpool had 2, one of which was a pen. I can't even recall the other. Should have been 0-0

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:15 - Nov 29 with 1901 viewstomdickharry

A good rearguard performance we wouldn't have scored if we had played all night,3 more points lost
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:16 - Nov 29 with 1898 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:10 - Nov 29 by orion3016

Struggling to see where our goals are coming from.

At last a sensible post on what was really going on. This is a serious issue now. That atrocious shite from Montero when in total space was endemic of our issues. I don't even blame Beattie (well maybe I do, he takes a wage and we couldn't score in Cardiff). Players have to WANT to score and take responsibility.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:16 - Nov 29 with 1894 viewsLord_Bony

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:12 - Nov 29 by Borojack

I didnt see the game BBC stats state no shots on target which if true isnt great.

Liverpool only had 2 on target mind.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 29 with 1855 viewsDr_Winston

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:16 - Nov 29 by Lord_Bony

We were much improved on Bournemouth. Liverpool were much deteriorated on Citeh.

Leicester will be interesting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 29 with 1836 viewsmacthejack

Well we played better than previous weeks but it would be hard to play much worse. That performance was still poor we didn't create anything which is not good enough. I'm not going to scream for Monk's head but there are problems at Swansea. Neither of our two strikers are good enough, Gomis has been rubbish more than he's been good in his time with us, Eder was a waste of money. Ayew has awful positioning and isn't a team player. Montero is inconsistent and we don't have enough decent options on the wing. Naughton is average at best and was overpriced and Fernandez is terrible with the ball at his feet and always prone to a big mistake. Most of our other players are off form and we play to many long balls.

I can't offer much in the way of solutions but it was good to have a little vent.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 29 with 1836 viewslidojack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:16 - Nov 29 by Lord_Bony

Which is probably why it's so disappointing we didn't do more.

If we had any sort of pace or directness on the break instead of waiting for Ayew and Eder to get into the box for a cross we could have really hurt Liverpool tonight.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:19 - Nov 29 with 1813 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A pride salvaging performance from the boys. Unlucky but we need to create much more. Our cutting edge is non existent. Could have been much much worse. I was expecting a drubbing by 3 or 4

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:21 - Nov 29 with 1765 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:36 - Nov 29 by blaine_scfc

I'm sorry but that's a pen all day long.

Arms up, turns his back.

His arms were up but it hit him on the elbow nothing he could do about that, classic home town decision by the linesman.

The ref didnt want to give it IMO.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:21 - Nov 29 with 1763 viewsCooperman

Cork, FF, Gomis, and Montero have to start against Leicester.

I enjoyed my bath.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:22 - Nov 29 with 1737 viewsClinton

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:18 - Nov 29 by macthejack

Well we played better than previous weeks but it would be hard to play much worse. That performance was still poor we didn't create anything which is not good enough. I'm not going to scream for Monk's head but there are problems at Swansea. Neither of our two strikers are good enough, Gomis has been rubbish more than he's been good in his time with us, Eder was a waste of money. Ayew has awful positioning and isn't a team player. Montero is inconsistent and we don't have enough decent options on the wing. Naughton is average at best and was overpriced and Fernandez is terrible with the ball at his feet and always prone to a big mistake. Most of our other players are off form and we play to many long balls.

I can't offer much in the way of solutions but it was good to have a little vent.

Other than that, things are looking good.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:22 - Nov 29 with 1734 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:12 - Nov 29 by DanGom1

Positive performance today, play like that and we'll win more games than lose...

We desperately need a striker, I have no words to describe how poor Eder is, he would struggle in league 1!

And we really should work on our set pieces especially corner kicks!

In all seriousness, whoever looked at Eder and said 'yep, £5m, he's the answer' is the one that needs to f**k off.

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:23 - Nov 29 with 1711 viewsSwansNZ

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:22 - Nov 29 by monmouth

In all seriousness, whoever looked at Eder and said 'yep, £5m, he's the answer' is the one that needs to f**k off.

bring back Itay

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:24 - Nov 29 with 1695 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:02 - Nov 29 by Darran

He's eroding his principles.

No ,that's Garrys job fella .
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:26 - Nov 29 with 1650 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:23 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

bring back Itay

Aye good point. Whoever looked at Shitchter, Vasquez and Eder needsto f**k off. I wonder if it was the same one that looked at Bony. Or we're just trusting agents and youtube. Why not just keep Nelson? Not Messi but at least he could control the ball and move...oh, and score.

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:32 - Nov 29 with 1591 viewsmacthejack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:22 - Nov 29 by Clinton

Other than that, things are looking good.

Haha, indeed! I think these things can be fixed and not all are horrendous issues, Ayew brings more to the team than he takes he just needs to be reigned in and Naughton is unspectacular but average, as I say my main issue is that we payed too much for a player that didn't really improve our squad.

The striker situation is a bit of a worry though and unfortunately it's a position that does need addressing but we've never been too great with strikers at Swansea City.

I've never been convinced on Fernandez to be honest and I'm not sure he's the right player for us. I'll forgive Montero his inconsistency as when he's on form he's unplayable as for the likes of Siggy and Ki etc. class is permanent and all that.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 18:33]
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:33 - Nov 29 with 1576 viewsPrivate_Partz

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:21 - Nov 29 by icecoldjack

His arms were up but it hit him on the elbow nothing he could do about that, classic home town decision by the linesman.

The ref didnt want to give it IMO.

I agree. How many times have we seen that not given.?
I have as much concerns as the next man but that performance today was no different to anything we have done against the so called top sides since we got to the Prem.
A valiant effort to get a point only to be undone by a crap linesman. Instead of capitulating we chase an equaliser only to fail despite a squeaky bums in the home crowd.
Carry on playing with that commitment and we will be ok.
A result and a decent performance against Leicester and we may just be able to move forward.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:00 - Nov 29 with 1375 viewsswan_si

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 18:15 - Nov 29 by tomdickharry

A good rearguard performance we wouldn't have scored if we had played all night,3 more points lost

if as you say "we wouldn't have scored if we had played all night,3 more points lost " how was it 3 points lost?
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:04 - Nov 29 with 1333 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:00 - Nov 29 by swan_si

if as you say "we wouldn't have scored if we had played all night,3 more points lost " how was it 3 points lost?

Own goal by them maybe ?
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:05 - Nov 29 with 1334 viewsPozuelosSideys

Better overall performance, but our delivery into the box is woeful. Its the same thing over and over. Chip it up in the air and see who can get near it. No creativity, very little little interplay and even less along the floor and being cut back from the byline.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:11 - Nov 29 with 1293 viewsPrivate_Partz

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:00 - Nov 29 by swan_si

We could have said the same about Liverpool. Their best spell was in the first 20 mins and the only shots on goal for them came from Leon and Bartley.
I thought they would go for it today but hey kept 9 men behind the ball when we attacked and spent most of the game trying to stop us playing. I accept we did similar btw.
We deserved a point and I hope we can build on this. I am staring to think that we should not play John Jo and ki in the same side. They should be rotated along with Corky and Leon.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 19:44]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:12 - Nov 29 with 1284 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 19:05 - Nov 29 by PozuelosSideys

Better overall performance, but our delivery into the box is woeful. Its the same thing over and over. Chip it up in the air and see who can get near it. No creativity, very little little interplay and even less along the floor and being cut back from the byline.

I think we showed flashes of inter play today but its going to take a little while longer to get sharper at doing it. Routs and Naugthon tried to get there combinations going and it was nice to see a bit of inter play amongst the midfield of Siggy,leon,Ki and the wide players.

I did see a few triangles being played today which im taking as green shoots of recovery!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024