Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread 20:29 - Nov 27 with 38037 viewsskippyjack

vs

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 29 with 2076 viewsJFSwan

Routledge & Leon giving a decent show of themselves. We look much more comfortable on the ball so far in comparison to last week.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 29 with 2062 viewslovejuicejack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:00 - Nov 29 by lidojack

We are doing well defensively and the players and manager deserve credit for that.

To make the most of it we need to find another attacking element. At the minute our one and only plan is to get it out wide and put in a cross despite not actually winning header in the box this half. We are crying out for a bit of pace and drive.

I would put on gomis 2nd half
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:03 - Nov 29 with 2048 viewswaynekerr55

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

We're actually doing ok here. It's a shame the narrative of "we're sh*t" was set on here before the game had even started. Lose and we're shit, Monk's gotta go, draw and we're sh*t but got lucky, Monk's gotta go, win and we're sh*t but a miracle happened, Monk's gotta go. Tragic.

The magic of playing Leon in front of the back 4, as opposed to that chaotic shambles last week. Noe all we've got to do is find a way past their full court press and we can sucker punch these f*ckers on the break

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:04 - Nov 29 with 2035 viewsPozuelosSideys

Leon playing very well.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:04 - Nov 29 with 2026 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:01 - Nov 29 by lovejuicejack

Your right there's a definite improvement although it's still difficult to see where a goal for us will come from. Leon had been pure silk so far.

I've deliberatly not mentioned Leon as thought I may be a bit blinkered but thought after last game he got a bit of unfair criticism.

Has kept the ball moving quickly and some of his turns have been sublime
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 17:06]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:04 - Nov 29 with 2025 viewsNeath_Jack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:01 - Nov 29 by Elward

Yeah, and thats why im saying he needs to be given a go, as our defenders cant cross at all

What has Taylor done wrong then? He's been one of our most consistent players this season, and he's got forward well today. Especially considering Ayew is never where he should be.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:06 - Nov 29 with 1920 viewsicecoldjack

I'm pleased with that effort folks!

Back to passing the ball and like loads of us have said for ages we need to build it around siggy not fook in shelvey!

We are much sharper without a plodding jonjo to slow us down.

Leon and routs starting to get the match sharpness back .

Bartley, liability .

Eder trying and not doing so bad, at least he is trying to make things happen.

The longer it goes on like this the better it will be for our confidence. Naughton has put some superb crosses in and has been superb first half.

Keep it going lads !
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:06 - Nov 29 with 1920 viewsJonTheJack

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:04 - Nov 29 by Neath_Jack

What has Taylor done wrong then? He's been one of our most consistent players this season, and he's got forward well today. Especially considering Ayew is never where he should be.

Taylor does hardly anything wrong in our own half. The problem is he is useless going forward. I will credit him that he gets forward well, but his delivery is nowhere near good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:07 - Nov 29 with 1888 viewsJBT95

Excellent post.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:07 - Nov 29 with 1882 viewsGroo

Not done too bad in the end.

Don't forget these players who are starting now that were not before will need games to bed in get to their best.

Whether its the right decision or not I don't know, but as far as I can see Monk is trying to break the rot that set in where we were losing games, maybe the dropped players will return rejuvinated when they get their chance again.

At this moment though, I'd just be happy to get to 40 points as soon as possible, no matter who's playing.

Groo does what Groo does best

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:07 - Nov 29 with 1867 viewsLeonisGod

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 29 by JFSwan

Routledge & Leon giving a decent show of themselves. We look much more comfortable on the ball so far in comparison to last week.

Good to hear. Stuck in work so can't see or listen unfortunately :-(
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:07 - Nov 29 with 1869 viewsphact0rri

I don't think Liverpool are looking to their best today either. I could see either side nicking it. hope its us.

Sad bit is this used to be the fixture I always looked forward to.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 17:08]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 1847 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:01 - Nov 29 by Elward

Yeah, and thats why im saying he needs to be given a go, as our defenders cant cross at all

He is not even on the bench, whereas Grimes is.
So what does that tell you?
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 1835 viewsmonmouth

Anyone else encouraged by that? I know we've come tofrustrate but we are trying to play first time passing and evena few triangles. We actually have strong bench too. I'm certainly not unhappy with that. Bartley was two inches away from nightmare territory but otherwise I don't think we've been under pressure. Apart from harrying they don't seem to have much. Maybe Gaz isn't the complete muppet I though when I saw the team sheet. I'm seriously glad C(u)ntinho isnt playing mind.

0-0 to 75 gives us a shout. Anything could happen if they score first.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:08 - Nov 29 with 1822 viewsJonTheJack

We definitely improved towards the end of the half.

Leon is looking much better after last week. Eder also doing ok, but we need to support him (and Routs) quicker; they get isolated very quickly.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:09 - Nov 29 with 1793 viewsploppy

We've passed the ball well at times. Leon's made a big difference. It's what everyone's been clamouring for, isn't it? IMO this isn't a bad performance at all. We might lose it, but it's more like the Swansea Way if you ask me.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 29 with 1766 viewsSwansNZ

A bit of pressure for the first 25 mins, but Liverpool have only had 3 shots all half, and none on target.

That Monk knows his stuff

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 29 with 1764 viewsSgorioFruit

Well no one heard me criticise Leon last week. If it wasnt for his sublime pass to Awey then we wouldnt have had the penalty and then lost the game.

When Leon puts on that shirt then anyone who has watched us play for more than one season will know thay we are in for a 110% treat.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 29 with 1764 viewsmarchamjack

that last 15-20 mins was like us The Swansea Way...dare I say it...triangles...Leon outstanding, Bartley even playing well. Eder...get him off, letting the rest of the team down

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 29 with 1746 viewsmax936

We're a marked improvement on last week, doing very well Ayew having a goodun Leon doing great, Ki still seems to be treading water he's missed a few tackles, Bartley ok as well, only disappointing thing for me is Ray Houghtons commentary on NBC his eyes are blinded by red. doh!!!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:11 - Nov 29 with 1701 viewsElward

Taylor is avwrage at best. Defensively he does a decent job. Soon as he goes forward i end up wondering what row thw ball will end up in. Atleast in preseason Tabanou and Montero seemed to work quite well and Tabanou had quite a few shots.
Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:11 - Nov 29 with 1687 viewsSwansNZ

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 29 by SgorioFruit

Well no one heard me criticise Leon last week. If it wasnt for his sublime pass to Awey then we wouldnt have had the penalty and then lost the game.

When Leon puts on that shirt then anyone who has watched us play for more than one season will know thay we are in for a 110% treat.

Leon is playing very well, but he was crap last week.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 29 with 1606 viewsmonmouth

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:10 - Nov 29 by max936

We're a marked improvement on last week, doing very well Ayew having a goodun Leon doing great, Ki still seems to be treading water he's missed a few tackles, Bartley ok as well, only disappointing thing for me is Ray Houghtons commentary on NBC his eyes are blinded by red. doh!!!

The commentators on my stream are utter shit. One even said it's like a training exercise for scousehouse. They must be crap in training then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:15 - Nov 29 with 1537 viewsskippyjack

Britton and Routledge stand out..

Bartley capable of the James Collins

Eder doing ok

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Liverpool vs Swansea - Official Match Thread on 17:16 - Nov 29 with 1498 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Funny no mention of how well Ki is doing, because he isn't, he has ball watched most of the game.
He is really good at finding open space, but it when they have the ball.
Plus he only ever faces off a player, he is not tackling or making interventions and posters are slating Bartley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024