Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas 23:35 - Nov 28 with 1341 viewsDarran

My mate just texted me from Swansea and said the Red Cross shop is refusing to recognise Christmas.

This is an absolute f*cking joke in my opinion.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 01:02 - Nov 29 with 1299 viewsHumpty

http://blogs.redcross.org.uk/uk/2013/11/red-cross-bans-christmas/

Show your mate this. Read it yourself. And stop posting right wing hate crap on the internet.

The Red Cross does a lot of very important, very sensitive work all over the world. It is imperative that they are seen as completely non political and completely non religious. The lives of their very brave volunteers depends on this.

Think about what you are told or read before you spread it over the internet. It's often wrong and often wrong for nefarious reasons. Like some of the other shit you've put on here.
The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 01:17 - Nov 29 with 1282 viewsDarran

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 01:02 - Nov 29 by Humpty

Show your mate this. Read it yourself. And stop posting right wing hate crap on the internet.

The Red Cross does a lot of very important, very sensitive work all over the world. It is imperative that they are seen as completely non political and completely non religious. The lives of their very brave volunteers depends on this.

Think about what you are told or read before you spread it over the internet. It's often wrong and often wrong for nefarious reasons. Like some of the other shit you've put on here.

That says 2010 Mate I ain't having that.

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 01:27 - Nov 29 with 1277 viewsHumpty

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 01:17 - Nov 29 by Darran

That says 2010 Mate I ain't having that.

This was proclaimed in 1965 mate. By the Red Cross.

"In order to continue to enjoy the confidence of all, the Movement may not take sides in hostilities or engage at any time in controversies of a political, racial, religious or ideological nature."

I am having it. They are non religious and non political for a very important reason. They send people to dangerous parts of the world to help people. Their lives could be at risk if they are seen as a political or religious movement. On times they have been killed for that very reason.

If you want to make a big fuss about something though carry on.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2015 1:31]
The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 01:51 - Nov 29 with 1255 viewsSwanjack10

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 01:02 - Nov 29 by Humpty

well said,daz has a fetish of negativity.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 08:42 - Nov 29 with 1185 viewsLohengrin

They may not go charging around Africa with vaccine in one hand and The Bible in the other but it is an organisation founded upon Christian principles. The not so subtle clue is in the name.

I've been a debit donater to the British Red Cross for decades and I get a Christmas card from them every year along with occasional updates as to what they've been up to. It's all good.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:02 - Nov 29 with 1158 viewsexiledclaseboy

Perhaps they're not celebrating Christmas because it's only 29 November. Even this annual tradition of a thread is about a fortnight premature.

Poll: Tory leader

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:46 - Nov 29 with 1114 viewsJackfath

It's a disgrace that other people who come into our country are able to dictate to us what we can and cannot do.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:51 - Nov 29 with 1106 viewsNeath_Jack

My daughters school is not allowed to have a nativity play in case it offends other faiths.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:52 - Nov 29 with 1106 viewsLohengrin

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:51 - Nov 29 by Neath_Jack

My daughters school is not allowed to have a nativity play in case it offends other faiths.

A Primary School in Neath?

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 10:03 - Nov 29 with 1085 viewsNeath_Jack

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:52 - Nov 29 by Lohengrin

A Primary School in Neath?

I'm being a bit loose with the truth in my post, to keep in line with the OP. It shouldn't be long though before Daz links to a Daily Mail story stating what i did in my post, happens every year on here, without fail.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 10:09 - Nov 29 with 1080 viewsmonmouth

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:51 - Nov 29 by Neath_Jack

Probably fair enough. The kids' performances in the last nativity play I went to certainly offended the whole audience. Except 'my little Chardonnay' of course, she was a star.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:05 - Nov 29 with 1020 viewsItchySphincter

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 09:02 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Perhaps they're not celebrating Christmas because it's only 29 November. Even this annual tradition of a thread is about a fortnight premature.

I blame the Americans.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:26 - Nov 29 with 1000 viewsjackportis

Why don't we celebrate all the faiths key celebration dates?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:37 - Nov 29 with 990 viewsDarran

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:26 - Nov 29 by jackportis

Why don't we celebrate all the faiths key celebration dates?

They celebrate all others except Christmas because it offends people.

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:41 - Nov 29 with 986 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:37 - Nov 29 by Darran

You are such a fibber.

Poll: Tory leader

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:42 - Nov 29 with 982 viewsDr_Winston

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 08:42 - Nov 29 by Lohengrin

They may not go charging around Africa with vaccine in one hand and The Bible in the other but it is an organisation founded upon Christian principles. The not so subtle clue is in the name.

I've been a debit donater to the British Red Cross for decades and I get a Christmas card from them every year along with occasional updates as to what they've been up to. It's all good.

You contribute to something with the word "Red" in the title?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:53 - Nov 29 with 965 viewsLohengrin

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:42 - Nov 29 by Dr_Winston

You contribute to something with the word "Red" in the title?

Ha! the "cross" part negates any bestial connotations, Doc.

I'd signed up for it donkey's years ago at the bidding of a young Queen Alexandra's Nurse from Newtownards with the most beautiful green eyes I'd ever seen. It wasn't out of lofty motives, Doc. The thought of her in that uniform, even all these years later, makes me feel soppy.

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 14:13 - Nov 29 with 932 viewsGh0st

I love this guys posts, so funny,
The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 18:53 - Nov 29 with 846 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 12:37 - Nov 29 by Darran

Hey hypocrates, I take it you,'ll be in Church on Christmas morning taking your communion then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 10:47 - Nov 30 with 760 viewsLohengrin

The Red Cross shop not celebrating Christmas on 18:53 - Nov 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Hey hypocrates, I take it you,'ll be in Church on Christmas morning taking your communion then?

A Hypocrate. Is that a really big package of needles, Bryn?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024