Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gutted for the players today 18:14 - Nov 29 with 3055 viewsicecoldjack

We played much better and got back to what we do best. Robbed with a dodgy pen given by the linesman .

Keep shelvey out the team and our one touch passing with movement will return, it was there today but still a bit rusty.

Leon was great for 60 mins, getting his match sharpness back, if he continues to play his mistakes will return to zero.
Routs also is starting to get his mojo back

Bartley, liability, one tackle away from giving a pen or getting sent off,doesn't have the temperament for me.

Overall much much improved, a lot less long ball rubbish and something to build on for the next game.

Give siggy the keys and keep jonjo on the bench and we will be ok .

Gutted for the players today on 19:16 - Nov 29 with 887 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gutted for the players today on 18:51 - Nov 29 by Gh0st

There's more to life than an internet message board.

Says the man posting on an Internet message board. Someone call Alanis Morrisette

Poll: Tory leader

Gutted for the players today on 19:18 - Nov 29 with 877 viewsSwansNZ

Gutted for the players today on 19:16 - Nov 29 by icecoldjack

Yes but at least you can now go back to bed, the rest of us have to put up with snidey comments from Darran and Jackfath for the rest of the evening !

No, now I have to work - monday bloody morning

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gutted for the players today on 19:18 - Nov 29 with 876 viewsjacksfullaces

Gh0st makes 2 excellent points. try not to be defined by your status on an internet message board. there is so much more to life, but this isn't a bad place to talk about the swans from time to time.

can't disagree with much of what icecold said. there looked some rhythm and tempo in our game at times, although I'm not sure Liverpool were at the races - they were missing coutinho and when they pressed high we looked all at sea, as we always have, no matter who manages us!
Gutted for the players today on 19:20 - Nov 29 with 866 viewsicecoldjack

Gutted for the players today on 19:18 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

Well, that really does suck ! no dressing it up .
Gutted for the players today on 19:23 - Nov 29 with 856 viewsmonmouth

Gutted for the players today on 19:18 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

Oh no! Beyond the call ofduty. Enjoy your day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gutted for the players today on 19:33 - Nov 29 with 829 viewsGh0st

Gutted for the players today on 19:16 - Nov 29 by exiledclaseboy

Says the man posting on an Internet message board. Someone call Alanis Morrisette

I suppose it was a win/win for you today? Aren't Liverpool your 2nd team?
Gutted for the players today on 19:34 - Nov 29 with 820 viewsDavillin

I agree completely with the O.P. on every point he makes.

Except for their goal and Bartley's couple of moments of madness, I enjoyed watching the Swans for the first time since August.

Now we hope and pray that Garry Monk got the message [...and brings back Fernandez.]

Candidly, I'm not sure these dramatic changes were by Monk by design, or were forced on him.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Gutted for the players today on 19:41 - Nov 29 with 795 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gutted for the players today on 19:33 - Nov 29 by Gh0st

I suppose it was a win/win for you today? Aren't Liverpool your 2nd team?

Yeah. I'm secretly chuffed.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Gutted for the players today on 19:47 - Nov 29 with 774 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gutted for the players today on 19:09 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

We get rain too - had a few drops on Saturday

A few drops????
We don't tan in this country mate, we rust!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gutted for the players today on 19:48 - Nov 29 with 762 viewsSwansNZ

Gutted for the players today on 19:47 - Nov 29 by Brynmill_Jack

A few drops????
We don't tan in this country mate, we rust!

I know, I spent the first 35 years of my life there

Gutted for the players today on 19:56 - Nov 29 with 741 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gutted for the players today on 19:48 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

I know, I spent the first 35 years of my life there

It's worse now because of climate change. What's the temperature down there in the daytime? Are you North or South Island?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gutted for the players today on 20:00 - Nov 29 with 716 viewsSwansNZ

Gutted for the players today on 19:56 - Nov 29 by Brynmill_Jack

It's worse now because of climate change. What's the temperature down there in the daytime? Are you North or South Island?

was about 23C yesterday, but we have cloud and showers forcast this week, highs of about 20 - unsettled spring weather.
North Island

Gutted for the players today on 20:02 - Nov 29 with 717 viewsicecoldjack

Gutted for the players today on 19:34 - Nov 29 by Davillin

I agree completely with the O.P. on every point he makes.

Except for their goal and Bartley's couple of moments of madness, I enjoyed watching the Swans for the first time since August.

Now we hope and pray that Garry Monk got the message [...and brings back Fernandez.]

Candidly, I'm not sure these dramatic changes were by Monk by design, or were forced on him.

Considering he told Leon he was free to leave as he would be 4 th choice at best and now Leon has started the last 2 games i'd say Monk has had his wings clipped and been "advised" that a return to our flowing football will be a productive way forward.
Gutted for the players today on 20:16 - Nov 29 with 673 viewsjacabertawe

Gutted for the players today on 20:02 - Nov 29 by icecoldjack

Considering he told Leon he was free to leave as he would be 4 th choice at best and now Leon has started the last 2 games i'd say Monk has had his wings clipped and been "advised" that a return to our flowing football will be a productive way forward.

I've calmed down a bit now. We did show some more spark and creativity today, but again it was the final third where we failed. I believe that Leon staying has proved to be totemic for us. His calmness and control were terrific - Swans MOTM for me. If we can build on today's improvements and get some of our players to up their game, I feel that we can consistently return to our flowing football style and crack on up the table. Leicester will be very firm first test though.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Gutted for the players today on 20:37 - Nov 29 with 632 viewsicecoldjack

Gutted for the players today on 20:16 - Nov 29 by jacabertawe

I've calmed down a bit now. We did show some more spark and creativity today, but again it was the final third where we failed. I believe that Leon staying has proved to be totemic for us. His calmness and control were terrific - Swans MOTM for me. If we can build on today's improvements and get some of our players to up their game, I feel that we can consistently return to our flowing football style and crack on up the table. Leicester will be very firm first test though.

I think he was done by 60 mins and he made a couple of glaring errors but i would still put him up there with one of the best performers today.

The problem with that position IMO is that it takes a few games to get syncronized and zero in with the passing, Leon or indeed Cork haven't been helped by not getting any minutes so it will take a few more games for them to get back into the swing of it again.

The fact Leon was able to come in against Liverpool and still look stand out tells me there is life in the old dog yet! both him and cork should be rotating that position and always be getting minutes to remain sharp.

Mis placed passes from their positions are often goal scoring chances for the oppositon so i'm surprised Monk has neglected the importance of having match fit and sharp players to operate there.

one of Cork/Leon should be there every game IMO . It's fookin stupidity to not maintain the heart beat and most crucial position for the way we play by putting them on the bench or telling them they can leave the club .

Having somebody top notch in that position is fundermental to how the Swans play, the fact those two havent been playing there is testement to how Monk wants to go down a different path, and Leon kinda confirmed that in the fans forum the other day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024