Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalty 19:04 - Nov 29 with 2021 viewsBenJ94

Yes the ball struck his hand, but surely you can't say his hand wasn't in a natural position? Where else are you going to put your hands when turning? You certainly can't keep them by your side?
Penalty on 19:06 - Nov 29 with 1505 viewsOldjack

Ash has been getting away with those for years ,we just run out of luck today by a tosser of a linesman

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Penalty on 19:16 - Nov 29 with 1472 viewsJackFish

It's not a penalty, utterly awful decision. Christ even if that was handball a penalty is such and over-the-top disproportionate punishment anyway.
Penalty on 19:16 - Nov 29 with 1471 viewsNookiejack

Penalty on 19:06 - Nov 29 by Oldjack

Ash has been getting away with those for years ,we just run out of luck today by a tosser of a linesman

Those were my exact thoughts today with regards to Ash getting away with those for years.

We had our luck last week against Bournemouth - which might eventually have more of a say whether we stay up or not at end of season.
Penalty on 19:36 - Nov 29 with 1415 viewsPhil_S

Penalty on 19:16 - Nov 29 by JackFish

It's not a penalty, utterly awful decision. Christ even if that was handball a penalty is such and over-the-top disproportionate punishment anyway.

This
Penalty on 19:45 - Nov 29 with 1381 viewsSwanzay

If it happened against us, we would all be screaming for a penalty, get real!
Penalty on 19:46 - Nov 29 with 1368 viewsSwansNZ

Penalty on 19:45 - Nov 29 by Swanzay

the sensible ones would not have been.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Penalty on 19:49 - Nov 29 with 1349 viewsmonmouth

Of course. Doesn't mean such an innocuous event should decide the game though. Corner or indirect free kick fair punishment. Only clearly deliberate hand to ball should be a penalty. Same with players moving away from goal. And yes I know our second pen in the play off wouldn't have been, but i hink that would have been fair. Borini was going nowhere. Not a fair sanction for the offence.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Penalty on 19:49 - Nov 29 with 1346 viewsjack247

It was a very harsh decision. Technically probably the right call, but the type that hardly ever gets given.
Login to get fewer ads

Penalty on 19:50 - Nov 29 with 1339 viewsDarran

Definite penalty Warwick said so.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Penalty on 19:52 - Nov 29 with 1330 viewsDr_Winston

Penalty on 19:49 - Nov 29 by monmouth

Of course. Doesn't mean such an innocuous event should decide the game though. Corner or indirect free kick fair punishment. Only clearly deliberate hand to ball should be a penalty. Same with players moving away from goal. And yes I know our second pen in the play off wouldn't have been, but i hink that would have been fair. Borini was going nowhere. Not a fair sanction for the offence.

If your arm is that far away from your body and interrupts the trajectory of the ball in the penalty area then you can't really complain if a penalty is given.

Why he turned his back and did a star jump instead of just facing his man and defending him is something only Taylor could tell you.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Penalty on 19:52 - Nov 29 with 1323 viewsunion_jack

Penalty on 19:46 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

the sensible ones would not have been.

I certainly wouldn't! It was ball to hand (arm) at very close range and if you'd changed the shirt colour from white to red I'm absolutely convinced it would not have np been given.

Why Taylor didn't consult the Linesman first is disappointing because he wasn't going to give it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Penalty on 19:53 - Nov 29 with 1320 viewsmonmouth

Penalty on 19:52 - Nov 29 by Dr_Winston

If your arm is that far away from your body and interrupts the trajectory of the ball in the penalty area then you can't really complain if a penalty is given.

Why he turned his back and did a star jump instead of just facing his man and defending him is something only Taylor could tell you.

Aye it was dull, but still feels an unsatisfactory way to decide a close game.

Penalty on 19:56 - Nov 29 with 1309 viewsDr_Winston

Penalty on 19:53 - Nov 29 by monmouth

Aye it was dull, but still feels an unsatisfactory way to decide a close game.

Maybe.

If we'd been denied a penalty in similar circumstances people would be bitching about that too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Penalty on 19:56 - Nov 29 with 1296 viewsploppy

The problem with linos is that they have a flag and they feel that unless they're waving it they're not making a decision.
Penalty on 19:56 - Nov 29 with 1295 viewsJackfath

Penalty on 19:56 - Nov 29 by Dr_Winston

Maybe.

If we'd been denied a penalty in similar circumstances people would be bitching about that too.

Init. That's the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Penalty on 20:45 - Nov 29 with 1176 viewsswancity

I thought it had to be deliberate handball. What does the rule say? It seems to have changed as pens were never given unless the had player deliberately handled ie moved his hand towards the ball?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Penalty on 20:51 - Nov 29 with 1158 viewsunion_jack

Penalty on 19:56 - Nov 29 by Dr_Winston

Maybe.

Not me. I'd just think we'd been very fortunately was not a penalty and as I said above if it had been a Liverpool defender in exactly the same position today, no way in earth would it have been given.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Penalty on 20:55 - Nov 29 with 1141 viewsBloodyhills

Handball remains the only law which requires the act to be deliberate. If Taylor deliberately handles it it's a penalty. If he didn't then it isn't a penalty.

Who thinks he deliberately hand balled it?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Penalty on 21:03 - Nov 29 with 1118 viewsJack123

Penalty on 20:55 - Nov 29 by Bloodyhills

Handball remains the only law which requires the act to be deliberate. If Taylor deliberately handles it it's a penalty. If he didn't then it isn't a penalty.

That's what I was thinking.. Unless taylor has eyes at the back of his head, how on earth is that deliberate..Rubbish decision if you ask me.. No doubt, see similar in the next few weeks, and no penalty will be awarded.. Considering it's a mega million league.. the consistency is just shocking!

libera nos a malo

Penalty on 21:09 - Nov 29 with 1088 viewsSwansNZ

Certainly was a bad decision. I guess we had one go our way last week and against us this week.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Penalty on 21:26 - Nov 29 with 1045 viewsSkipTheJack

One of my closer away trips so I've had plenty of time to digest things since getting home.

Even I could see it was never a penalty and I was at the other end of the ground! Awful decision.

On the positive side though, at least it finally forced us to start attacking a woefully average Liverpool side instead of just looking like we didn't want to have a go!
Penalty on 22:05 - Nov 29 with 959 viewsraynor94

Plain and simple it has to be hand to ball not the other way around, no way a penalty, as someone else posted would he have given it against Liverpool? you're having a laugh

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Penalty on 22:11 - Nov 29 with 936 viewsmonmouth

Penalty on 21:09 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

Certainly was a bad decision. I guess we had one go our way last week and against us this week.

Williams has punched the ball away before now and got away with it, and we're lucky we didn't have this pair of jokers officiating the play off semi with forest (Williams again). So I guess sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Penalty on 22:37 - Nov 29 with 858 viewsMatlock_Jack

Absolutely right.
Penalty on 23:15 - Nov 29 with 795 viewsElward

Dont think he did delibrately, but the intention was still there. He jumped and basically starfished mid air maximizing amount of body he could use to block it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024