Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight 19:23 - Nov 29 with 6154 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Sure to tweak the Monk haters, but he's right.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:25 - Nov 29 with 2826 viewsJackFish

Seems like a strange thing to say when we're four points off the relegation zone, what was the full quote?
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:37 - Nov 29 with 2735 viewsGh0st

Yes, lets just keep burying our heads in the sand thinking we are too good to be relegated.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:37 - Nov 29 with 2731 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:25 - Nov 29 by JackFish

Seems like a strange thing to say when we're four points off the relegation zone, what was the full quote?

Not sure but at this time of the season, doesn't seem strange at all to me.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:39 - Nov 29 with 2695 viewsGh0st

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:37 - Nov 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Not sure but at this time of the season, doesn't seem strange at all to me.

No it wouldn't because you can't get relegated in November, no one can!

Which ever way you want to dress it up 1 win in 11 is relegation form, no two ways around it.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:40 - Nov 29 with 2684 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Resigning is he? He is already in one! Clueless p&%£k

Happy Days :-)

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:40 - Nov 29 with 2683 viewsmonmouth

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:25 - Nov 29 by JackFish

"I'm making my horse a senator, I am Zeus; we go over the top tomorrow Maaaarrrrh, We are in no danger of a relegation fight"?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:47 - Nov 29 with 2644 viewsLoyal

Monk haters ?
Shhhhh, why say that ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:50 - Nov 29 with 2617 viewsDr_Winston

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:40 - Nov 29 by monmouth

"I'm making my horse a senator, I am Zeus; we go over the top tomorrow Maaaarrrrh, We are in no danger of a relegation fight"?

It's not so much tempting fate as waving a bloody great big red cloak at it whilst insulting its mother.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 19:53 - Nov 29 with 2582 viewsjack247

That is an absolutely mental thing to say with our current form.

There would be far less danger of a relegation scrap if he hadn't tried to fix what wasn't broke.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:32 - Nov 29 with 2463 viewsNewhousemustscore

I often see quotes from managers where they say "I never look at the table". Maybe, he, er, hasn't looked at the table.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:37 - Nov 29 with 2423 viewsWarwickHunt

Footballers shouldn't be allowed to post anything football related on social media.

Managers even more so.

#tw@t
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:38 - Nov 29 with 2414 viewsDarran

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:37 - Nov 29 by WarwickHunt

Footballers shouldn't be allowed to post anything football related on social media.

Managers even more so.

#tw@t

Who has?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:41 - Nov 29 with 2390 viewsjack247

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:38 - Nov 29 by Darran

Who has?

That buffoon from Celtic.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:43 - Nov 29 with 2375 viewsDarran

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:41 - Nov 29 by jack247

That buffoon from Celtic.

What's that got to do with us then?

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:44 - Nov 29 with 2362 viewsjack247

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:43 - Nov 29 by Darran

What's that got to do with us then?

Nothing. Have I claimed otherwise?
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:45 - Nov 29 with 2347 viewsDarran

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:44 - Nov 29 by jack247

Nothing. Have I claimed otherwise?

No you have not.

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:49 - Nov 29 with 2317 viewsBloodyhills

I would disagree and say that at the moment there is very much a danger of slipping into a relegation fight. On current form (last 8 games) we are 18th in the table.

We performed a lot better today which is great but still had 0 shots on target.

There is plenty to be concerned about.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 20:50 - Nov 29 with 2302 viewsicecoldjack

Well polish up on todays performance and i will tend to agree with him. If Garry is returning to what we are good at then i don't see a problem either. If he persists in personal agendas and thinking he knows everything then he may have a shock.

The fact Leon was out in the cold and now he starts tells me Monk has back tracked and is trying to turn the clock back a little bit .

Why he felt he needed to change anything in the first place is the biggest question, it's obvious he has had some advice from the board in the last few weeks.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:10 - Nov 29 with 2242 viewsNookiejack

I remember Mark Hughes saying QPR would never be in same relegation position when they stayed up a few seasons ago. I think he daid that on last day of season when they narrowly escaped relegation. They consequently got relegated the next season.

Psychologically I don't think that is the right message - as gives impression we can take it easy next few games and that has been our downfall this season - getting up for the big games but playing three levels below that - when playing teams who are in our division of the PL. Up until this season we had a very good record against the Watfords and Norwich type teams - not this season.

I would prefer a message like unless we play at today's level we will go down - as that is what Allardyce will be saying to his Sunderland squad.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:16 - Nov 29 with 2194 viewsPozuelosSideys

So thats what, one win in 11 games and 6 points out of 33. Ok then Garry, keep sticking your head in the sand.

Quite possible that it will be one win in 13 games shortly.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:16 - Nov 29 with 2190 viewsicecoldjack

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:10 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

I remember Mark Hughes saying QPR would never be in same relegation position when they stayed up a few seasons ago. I think he daid that on last day of season when they narrowly escaped relegation. They consequently got relegated the next season.

Psychologically I don't think that is the right message - as gives impression we can take it easy next few games and that has been our downfall this season - getting up for the big games but playing three levels below that - when playing teams who are in our division of the PL. Up until this season we had a very good record against the Watfords and Norwich type teams - not this season.

I would prefer a message like unless we play at today's level we will go down - as that is what Allardyce will be saying to his Sunderland squad.

Nicely put.
Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:28 - Nov 29 with 2119 viewsperchrockjack

We could easily not win a game this side of Christmas.

Monk now, to me, is simply protecting his job by bullshitt.it won't work.

Norwich got a point today monkey against arse

We need to knob him off now.

Sorry to offend

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:30 - Nov 29 with 2111 viewsOldjack

Did he really say this?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:52 - Nov 29 with 2024 viewsPozuelosSideys

Actually, to be fair.. on reading that a second time, it does feel like he may be suggesting that we put in an improved performance today - which we did. "That team" as opposed to the gash one weve been for a while.

Vincent spin.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:52 - Nov 29 with 2021 viewsicecoldjack

Monk: no danger of a relegation fight on 21:30 - Nov 29 by Oldjack

Did he really say this?

Yes he did.

"‘I never doubt these players - how good they are. You go through a difficult period - and it’s a very short period in my time here. It was a complete performance - the players deserved much more than that.
‘The result was taking out of our hands - we couldn’t control that [penalty] decision. The performance was perfect.
‘There’s never any danger of that team being in a relegation fight.’

I liked the bit when he said that the performance was perfect. C'mon Garry ffs mun! it was an improvement but not perfect, never had a fookin shot on target for 90 mins mun!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024