Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk. 20:21 - Nov 29 with 1807 viewsplasjack

Can we afford to sack him, a new 3 year contract recently and if we do who would you appoint.
Garry Monk. on 20:22 - Nov 29 with 1792 viewsLoyal

The club won't sack him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Garry Monk. on 20:23 - Nov 29 with 1788 viewstomdickharry

Yes:Marcelo Bielsa:
Garry Monk. on 20:23 - Nov 29 with 1788 viewsdeanscfc

Get Rodgers back... give Monk a job as assistant or as a coach on the basis that they negotiate on his contract.
Garry Monk. on 20:27 - Nov 29 with 1756 viewsunion_jack

Garry Monk. on 20:23 - Nov 29 by deanscfc

Get Rodgers back... give Monk a job as assistant or as a coach on the basis that they negotiate on his contract.

There is NO WAY that Monk would stay if he was relieved of his current post.

I would have Brodge back though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Garry Monk. on 20:32 - Nov 29 with 1732 viewsswan_si

Garry Monk. on 20:22 - Nov 29 by Loyal

The club won't sack him.

if the players aren't playing for him, Huw should ask them to chip in months wages to pay him off. but i'm with the, give him 'till the end of the year brigade, especially after our last 2 performances, to come back from 2 nil down to Bournemouth, and todays performance, we look like we could be on our way back to the old pressing and passing game we are used to, all we need now is to find the back of the net.
Garry Monk. on 20:41 - Nov 29 with 1697 viewsNookiejack

Yes let's be careful for what some are wishing for - Remi Garde hasn't made any difference to Villa and neither McClaren to Newcastle who have gone through three managers in last year.

Pulis and Allardyce are the managers that would keep us up - but they are employed and would we really want their style of play.

If Gary can get same level of performance as today and cut out big time defensive mistakes like Watford and Norwich where we lost both games 0-1 - we will be ok.
Garry Monk. on 20:43 - Nov 29 with 1686 viewsNookiejack

Garry Monk. on 20:41 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

Yes let's be careful for what some are wishing for - Remi Garde hasn't made any difference to Villa and neither McClaren to Newcastle who have gone through three managers in last year.

Pulis and Allardyce are the managers that would keep us up - but they are employed and would we really want their style of play.

If Gary can get same level of performance as today and cut out big time defensive mistakes like Watford and Norwich where we lost both games 0-1 - we will be ok.

PS would prefer to use the redundancy and fees for new manager who I assume we will pay more than Gary - towards transfer fee for Charlie Austin or similar level striker.
Garry Monk. on 20:54 - Nov 29 with 1650 viewsswan_si

Garry Monk. on 20:43 - Nov 29 by Nookiejack

PS would prefer to use the redundancy and fees for new manager who I assume we will pay more than Gary - towards transfer fee for Charlie Austin or similar level striker.

you're in for it now, there are 2 R's in gaRRy.
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk. on 20:57 - Nov 29 with 1627 viewsdeanscfc

Garry Monk. on 20:27 - Nov 29 by union_jack

There is NO WAY that Monk would stay if he was relieved of his current post.

I would have Brodge back though.

He should be grateful that we gave him a PL managerial career. But i tend to agree that he would go.
Garry Monk. on 21:08 - Nov 29 with 1592 viewsawayjack

Pay off cost not a major factor versus players wages / transfers, say the cost of replacing Gomis or Eder, or the team of millions being wiped off the shareholders paper wealth by relegation, a couple of million £ is relative peanuts. Monk is closer to our Board than any of our previous prem managers, so they'll give him more support / time to turn things around. Not many obvious better alternatives now - certainly not a Moyes, Sherwood or Di Matteo - maybe Rogers / Beilsa as DOF but a big change for HJ. In reality if Garry goes we'll also need to replace 3 or 4 support coaches and ship out a few players so cost would be far more than just his pay off.
Today felt like the core team played for him - it's just the next few games are so tough I'm expect he'll be given until early Jan. So far he's too stubborn / proud to get more experienced help but maybe HJ / MM will make him offer he can't refuse to help turn things around this season and get his reputation back.
Garry Monk. on 21:31 - Nov 29 with 1536 viewsLoyal

Garry Monk. on 20:32 - Nov 29 by swan_si

if the players aren't playing for him, Huw should ask them to chip in months wages to pay him off. but i'm with the, give him 'till the end of the year brigade, especially after our last 2 performances, to come back from 2 nil down to Bournemouth, and todays performance, we look like we could be on our way back to the old pressing and passing game we are used to, all we need now is to find the back of the net.

The club will review him after West Ham and WBA at home, Leicester home will be down to attitude and performance, Man city doesn't count, then after Xmas they will decide for sure. Palace away could be his last game if it goes wrong.

We need at least 6 points ( possibly 8 ) from the next 5 games. That will save him. Turn the corner on 20 points plus and he will be ok for a bit.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Garry Monk. on 21:46 - Nov 29 with 1489 viewsperchrockjack

It's about what is best for club.

Monk doesn't matter.

Loyalty at what cost.

Seems the board are bottling it or simply too close to monk.

I'm fearful,really fearful

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk. on 23:10 - Nov 29 with 1396 viewsMatlock_Jack

Garry Monk. on 20:22 - Nov 29 by Loyal

The club won't sack him.

They may have to.
Garry Monk. on 23:26 - Nov 29 with 1367 viewsSwansNZ

Garry Monk. on 21:31 - Nov 29 by Loyal

The club will review him after West Ham and WBA at home, Leicester home will be down to attitude and performance, Man city doesn't count, then after Xmas they will decide for sure. Palace away could be his last game if it goes wrong.

We need at least 6 points ( possibly 8 ) from the next 5 games. That will save him. Turn the corner on 20 points plus and he will be ok for a bit.

Agree with this. He should be given until the new year. A few winnable games there. Another 6 points by the half way stage will be ok, not great, but ok.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Garry Monk. on 23:54 - Nov 29 with 1327 viewsdaijack15

Why would anyone want to sack one of the brightest young managers in football today. It's lucky Man utd never thought that with fergie or Arsenal with Arsen and even klopp when they all started out in management for big teams let alone small teams like us.....get a grip ffs.
Garry Monk. on 00:16 - Nov 30 with 1295 viewsJackFish

Was saying much the same on the way home. Couple of good performances in the next two games followed by a win or two in the next three (West Brom, West Ham & Palace) and we'll be doing OK again. I do think he'll be gone if we get to the end of the year without another win though.
Garry Monk. on 07:55 - Nov 30 with 1190 viewsmonmouth

This is spot on, and a fair shake for GM in my view.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk. on 08:30 - Nov 30 with 1157 viewsjack247

Garry Monk. on 23:54 - Nov 29 by daijack15

Why would anyone want to sack one of the brightest young managers in football today. It's lucky Man utd never thought that with fergie or Arsenal with Arsen and even klopp when they all started out in management for big teams let alone small teams like us.....get a grip ffs.

Mainly because he has dismantled our style of play and turned us into direct football, relegation candidates.

Yesterday was much better, but we wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now.

Better comparisons would be the likes of West Brom, Sunderland, Palace sacking managers at the right time and staying up.
Garry Monk. on 09:10 - Nov 30 with 1109 viewskarnataka

Garry Monk. on 00:16 - Nov 30 by JackFish

Was saying much the same on the way home. Couple of good performances in the next two games followed by a win or two in the next three (West Brom, West Ham & Palace) and we'll be doing OK again. I do think he'll be gone if we get to the end of the year without another win though.

Watched almost all of the West Ham/West Brom game last night in the bar of the hotel I'm in in Portugal, they had the whole game on at about 10pm (??? why?) but saw nothing in either team at the moment to suggest we can't do them both provided we turn up. 6 points from them and Garry's safe for sure and we're a lot safer and breathing easier.
Garry Monk. on 09:20 - Nov 30 with 1096 viewsBloodyhills

It will cost us much more in lost revenue if we get relegated with Monk at the helm than if we sack him and stay up.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Garry Monk. on 18:47 - Nov 30 with 985 viewsSwansNZ

Garry Monk. on 09:20 - Nov 30 by Bloodyhills

It will cost us much more in lost revenue if we get relegated with Monk at the helm than if we sack him and stay up.

It would cost us even more to sack him and get relegated with a new manager.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Garry Monk. on 19:16 - Nov 30 with 958 viewsLeonisGod

With the HUGE TV money deal, can we afford not to? If we get to the point where the board think a change is needed to preserve our PL status, he'll be out of the door like a shot.

No idea who would come in. We'll be shopping bargain bucket so that goes in Garry's favour, as who can do a better job from the candidates we could likely afford? Tough call to make that. If we could afford someone like Kloppy he'd have been sacked already.
Garry Monk. on 19:22 - Nov 30 with 946 viewsawayjack

I know emotion wins over economics in football but I can't think of any other business where you justify not changing leaders that are underperforming on basis their replacement may do a poor job. Just hire people with the right skills and experience for the job?
Garry Monk. on 13:18 - Dec 3 with 842 viewsBloodyhills

Garry Monk. on 18:47 - Nov 30 by SwansNZ

It would cost us even more to sack him and get relegated with a new manager.

It's pretty simple, if it looks like Gary is going to take us down then it's worth doing something about it to try and stay up just as the club did with Laudrup and fair play to Gary, he kept us up then.

I am not on of the anti Gary Monk people and hope he can change things around and keep us up, that would be my first option.

Failing that I'd want somebody who can do the job to keep us up.

Am bored with s

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024