Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff link system 07:05 - Nov 30 with 4328 viewsowainglyndwr

With money being thrown at Cardiff once again.
Surely we need a system similar linking Swansea bay area's from Pyle to Llanelli and Neath & Swansea Valleys
Cardiff link system on 08:51 - Nov 30 with 2470 viewsjack_lord

Abolutely. Just reintroducing a train fromYstradgynlais to Swansea would be a welcome relief from the outdated and basic bus service. Even if it only went as far as the Morfa where a bus service linked to the city centre.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cardiff link system on 08:58 - Nov 30 with 2464 viewsCopperJack

Don't think any of us will ever see any significant WAG investment in Swansea during our lifetime. Nice idea, plenty of potential, but they'd never put money into a project which helped regenerate Swansea...possibly to the detriment of their capital.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Cardiff link system on 18:13 - Nov 30 with 2358 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff link system on 08:58 - Nov 30 by CopperJack

Don't think any of us will ever see any significant WAG investment in Swansea during our lifetime. Nice idea, plenty of potential, but they'd never put money into a project which helped regenerate Swansea...possibly to the detriment of their capital.

Hence we have to try and kick Welsh Labour out of Catdiff Bay or at the very least give them a bloody nose. Maybe then they may wake up to the fact they have a whole region to govern and not just the SE.
Unfortunately if they did lose heavily in the next WAG election then the Welsh Media will blame it on the Corbyn factor. After all surely Welsh Labour woukd not be kicked out for making Cardiff the boom city of Europe with the third largest media centre in the UK could they? ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff link system on 22:43 - Nov 30 with 2279 viewsowainglyndwr

Cardiff link system on 18:13 - Nov 30 by Private_Partz

Hence we have to try and kick Welsh Labour out of Catdiff Bay or at the very least give them a bloody nose. Maybe then they may wake up to the fact they have a whole region to govern and not just the SE.
Unfortunately if they did lose heavily in the next WAG election then the Welsh Media will blame it on the Corbyn factor. After all surely Welsh Labour woukd not be kicked out for making Cardiff the boom city of Europe with the third largest media centre in the UK could they? ;-)

Well the people of West Wales could cause a political storm come May assembly elections.
How about a new party of West Wales for the west
Cardiff link system on 22:49 - Nov 30 with 2275 viewsBanosswan

Amman valley railway society have plans but unless they get lots more support it'll be pie in the sky.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Cardiff link system on 22:59 - Nov 30 with 2270 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Cardiff link system on 18:13 - Nov 30 by Private_Partz

Something needs to be done sharpish, its the national assembly of crapdiff not wales any more, fecking shocking.
Cardiff link system on 09:52 - Dec 1 with 2212 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff link system on 22:59 - Nov 30 by blaenaugwentjack

Something needs to be done sharpish, its the national assembly of crapdiff not wales any more, fecking shocking.

Indeed as Johnlangy pointed out in another thread concerning Jane Hutt. On BBC Cardiff demanding the government match their £600m to secure the Cardiff Capital City Deal. She then mentioned as an afterthought the deal in relation to Swansea Bay application but not a penny has come from WAG to match fund that.
The galling thing is the wasteland that is the rest of Wales gets nothing despite all our taxes being pumped into this unloved 'Capital'.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff link system on 10:08 - Dec 1 with 2206 viewsCopperJack

Out of curiosity, have any of you spoken/written to/emailed your AM about this injustice?

I despise the WAG, and killed any sense of Welsh patriotism I ever had. I'm very aware that action and not words will rectify this. Don't expect the WAG to ever have a pang of guilt.

They're self-interested and helping create a city for themselves to live in, they've no interest in the rest of the country they apparently represent.

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff link system on 16:41 - Dec 1 with 2164 viewsjack_lord

Cardiff link system on 10:08 - Dec 1 by CopperJack

Out of curiosity, have any of you spoken/written to/emailed your AM about this injustice?

I despise the WAG, and killed any sense of Welsh patriotism I ever had. I'm very aware that action and not words will rectify this. Don't expect the WAG to ever have a pang of guilt.

They're self-interested and helping create a city for themselves to live in, they've no interest in the rest of the country they apparently represent.

My AM is Kirsty Williams and to be fair, over the last two years I have come to like her. The problem is she is more interested in her side of Powys rather than the big town that is unfortunately nestled in the doldrums of the county and filled with Labour voters.

I want to ask the question but it is going to sound so anti cardiff and the last time I spoke with her I said that we had so much more attachment to Swansea that it was sad that we were in the wrong county.

Cardiff link system on 18:26 - Dec 1 with 2128 viewsPrivate_Partz

Cardiff link system on 16:41 - Dec 1 by jack_lord

My AM is Kirsty Williams and to be fair, over the last two years I have come to like her. The problem is she is more interested in her side of Powys rather than the big town that is unfortunately nestled in the doldrums of the county and filled with Labour voters.

I want to ask the question but it is going to sound so anti cardiff and the last time I spoke with her I said that we had so much more attachment to Swansea that it was sad that we were in the wrong county.

One of the main reasons why we need just three or four Local Authorities rather than the 8 currently proposed. At the moment it is divide and rule. Powerful LAs fighting their corner for investment is the last thing Cardiff centric Carwyn and his cronies would want.

Cardiff link system on 20:27 - Dec 1 with 2089 viewswestside

maybe there should be some sort of barnett style formula within wales so that if wag spend £600 million on cardiff then they have to spend the equivalent on west wales and north wales
Cardiff link system on 21:15 - Dec 1 with 2059 viewsjack_lord

Cardiff can f

Cardiff link system on 22:41 - Dec 1 with 2032 viewsJackofdreambeach

Cardiff link system on 20:27 - Dec 1 by westside

maybe there should be some sort of barnett style formula within wales so that if wag spend £600 million on cardiff then they have to spend the equivalent on west wales and north wales

Very true. Fair play called for.
WAG letting Swansea and NW Wales down badly.
The media @ Cardiff appear a bit 'northkorea' too.
Did we hear much media interest in Swansea Cork ferry finishing?
Did we hear much on electrification of Swansea to Paddington in doubt?
People are seriously questioning news portrayal out of Planet Cardiff
It's a farce....and a sad reflection on our Principality decision makers and shapers.
Cardiff link system on 12:56 - Dec 2 with 1982 viewsCopperJack

It is a farce, and if this board is anything to go by, then people are beginning to wake up to it, but still, words count for little, action is needed. The only thing that will get Carwyn and his band of shysters to pay attention to us is the fear of being voted out. At the moment, they appease us with promises of how much they love the city. It's nauseating.

Cardiff link system on 17:39 - Dec 2 with 1941 viewsjack_lord

Cardiff link system on 12:56 - Dec 2 by CopperJack

It is a farce, and if this board is anything to go by, then people are beginning to wake up to it, but still, words count for little, action is needed. The only thing that will get Carwyn and his band of shysters to pay attention to us is the fear of being voted out. At the moment, they appease us with promises of how much they love the city. It's nauseating.

When are the next AM elections as I'm up for voting out anyone who doesn't push Swansea or any other area forward and complain about the level of investment. I know the garbled excuses the WAG will give that it is external and private investment but who gives them the carrots?

Cardiff link system on 18:17 - Dec 2 with 1924 viewsJackofdreambeach

breaking news...Cardiff AM's pushing furiously for huge capital investment into the Cardiff central railway station. Too many queues during Rugby World Cup don't you know. This greed machine will now push the media HTV Wales and beeb to milk story
Cardiff link system on 18:47 - Dec 2 with 1905 viewsjohnlangy

I've just completed a questionnaire about BBC services in Wales.

If you want to praise the BBC, as I have done, for their unrivalled and totally unbiased services in Wales the link is consultations.external.bbc.co.uk/bbc/nations.

Obviously not specifically about the link system or the, probably, hundreds of millions of our money that they'll decide just has to be spent on redeveloping Cardiff Railway Station but I just thought you may all be interested in also praising their efforts.
Cardiff link system on 20:32 - Dec 2 with 1871 viewswestside

former swansea council chris holley has a letter in the evening post slaughtering the welsh assembly and saying all that matters to them is cardiff and south east wales
Cardiff link system on 20:33 - Dec 2 with 1868 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff link system on 20:32 - Dec 2 by westside

former swansea council chris holley has a letter in the evening post slaughtering the welsh assembly and saying all that matters to them is cardiff and south east wales

Bit f*cking late now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff link system on 21:30 - Dec 2 with 1852 viewsjack_lord

Cardiff link system on 20:32 - Dec 2 by westside

He's probably been reading this thread and is thinking the gravy train may be over unless he actually does something to gain support.

Cardiff link system on 22:05 - Dec 2 with 1841 viewsowainglyndwr

Maybe somone on here could draw up letter of petition to the Assembly and parliament in London stating the greivenses of people outside the Cardiff bubble
Cardiff link system on 22:12 - Dec 2 with 1839 viewsjack_lord

Cardiff link system on 22:05 - Dec 2 by owainglyndwr

Maybe somone on here could draw up letter of petition to the Assembly and parliament in London stating the greivenses of people outside the Cardiff bubble

Absolutely. We have a number of very articulate members and I'm sure we can spread the petition.

Cardiff link system on 22:32 - Dec 2 with 1834 viewsBanosswan

Cardiff link system on 16:41 - Dec 1 by jack_lord

The first thing Powys would do if they could would be to drop the second biggest town in the county, ystrad, straight to npt, carm, whoever.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Cardiff link system on 23:33 - Dec 2 with 1821 viewswestside

carwyn is on the bbc wales report programme and says wag has done wonders for swansea with sa1 and swansea university. yet wag have never come up with the money for the lock gates to create the marina in sa1 and the uni campus is in neath. he also blames the westiminster government for not doing enough for swansea with regard to the tidal lagoon and rail electrification yet wag do nothing for swansea when they've had 16 years of devolution
Cardiff link system on 09:04 - Dec 3 with 1787 viewsCopperJack

Cardiff link system on 23:33 - Dec 2 by westside

carwyn is on the bbc wales report programme and says wag has done wonders for swansea with sa1 and swansea university. yet wag have never come up with the money for the lock gates to create the marina in sa1 and the uni campus is in neath. he also blames the westiminster government for not doing enough for swansea with regard to the tidal lagoon and rail electrification yet wag do nothing for swansea when they've had 16 years of devolution

You couldn't make this up could you? It's absurd that they lay the blame for this at Westminster. The problem is, people are often so ready to blame other people (England, for example) for our problems that they rarely look at what our own government is doing.

Holley has criticised the WAG for years but as a council leader, had very little funding to do anything. In fairness, despite my antipathy for Welsh Labour, I actually think our current council is doing a fairly good job at attempting to regenerate the city (new plans for the centre/selling the civic centre etc).

The problem doesn't lay with councillors, it's AMs and the WAG. As already been highlighted, the Uni is in Neath and they provided a fraction of the costs (the rest came from EU money/the uni/private investors), and SA1 they've entirely lost interest in and refused to help us with the lock gates.

In answer to the question above, the assembly elections are next year I believe. If a fuss is to be made and demands for more funding, now is the time. They're already rattled about the 'Corbyn effect' and the fact that they lost their 'banker' Gower in the General Election.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024