Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lose v Leicester ? 09:30 - Nov 30 with 6412 viewsLoyal

Should the board sack the manager ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

If we lose v Leicester ? on 13:40 - Nov 30 with 1690 viewsCooperman

If we lose v Leicester ? on 11:09 - Nov 30 by Darran

The thread title should be if we don't win.

All things considered I think a point from Leicester is a very good result.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

If we lose v Leicester ? on 13:41 - Nov 30 with 1689 viewsDewi1jack

No shots on target yesterday, (saying that, Liverpool didn't fare much better and their crowd was nonexistent, even during YNWA and their one song, sung after the penalty) is a million miles away from being a perfect performance.
Fans being anxious at a game? Stems from players who can't be arsed to try/ arguing with each other/ not giving a donald about anything.
GM is fast doing the "Mourinho bingo" and is going to run out of excuses/ soundbites pretty soon
I came out of the ground not believing we hadn't tested Mignolet, who can be a very suspect keeper, in any shape or form really. he wasn't even really pressurized at crosses or corners.
The boys put in a lot more effort against Liverpool, even Bafe stayed more onside and did expend energy running around
Siggy ran himself into the ground, yet some people still had a pop because of his last couple of corners. No pleasing some of our crowd aye
Can we contain a rampant Leicester?
Possibly if we start Jack or Leon, IMHO we need to be starting with either of them as a matter of course and our defence gets back to the way they were.
Will we beat Leicester?
Only if we can get some shots on bloody target.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

If we lose v Leicester ? on 13:43 - Nov 30 with 1688 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

If we lose v Leicester ? on 13:15 - Nov 30 by Clinton

Well, he led us to safety post-Laudrup.
He had a good season last season.
He's a battler, especially with half-bricks.
I dont think Ive seen a decent analysis by anyone of how and why we have changed for the worse since the end of August.
The fans have more or less agreed he needs to change stuff, he has earned some sort of reprieve to try and do that.
Give him until Boxing a Day, a couple of wins in the next four will do us a power of good.

Our default play was still there despite him tying to change things and due to this we actually found a happy medium which worked, not always pretty but pretty enough and effective the other times

Now seems we are relying on being effective only by being solid

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

If we lose v Leicester ? on 14:04 - Nov 30 with 1656 viewsDevz00

I dont think Ive seen a decent analysis by anyone of how and why we have changed for the worse since the end of August.
The fans have more or less agreed he needs to change stuff, he has earned some sort of reprieve to try and do that.
Give him until Boxing a Day, a couple of wins in the next four will do us a power of good.

Well this is it, he has tried to mix it up a bit with the team selection recently. This is what people wanted!

When we played Stoke on the Monday night he picked a few players that were fringe players and left Gomis in instead of Eder. Anyway, after that game a lot of people were calling for Gomis to be dropped for Eder. Then against Villa he reverted back to what I would say is our strongest side on paper:

Fabianski
Naughton
Fernandez
Williams
Taylor
Ki Sung-yueng
Shelvey
Ayew
Sigurdsson
Montero
Gomis

We got a win that papered over the cracks. He again stuck with this side against Arsenal and we got stuffed and for the Norwich loss. People desperately calling for Gomis to be dropped so Monk did this recently for Bournemouth and Liverpool, as well as dropping a few other regulars. The changes haven't changed results but at least it shows he is trying new players.

The point is, the team listed above was the one that drew with Chelsea and beat Man United with the exception of Cork for Ki.

I don't think we can say it's his team selection all of the time. It's got to be down to the players as well which might be more worrying. Is it confidence/lack of effort/dressing room issues?

Hopefully we can sort it out against Leicester as we did seem to improve, slightly, yesterday. For the record, I want Monk to stay but not to the detriment of the side so it need to be sorted one way or another. Hopefully it’s sorted on the pitch and in the boardroom.

Edit — sorry, the last sentence should say ‘ Hopefully it’s sorted on the pitch rather than in the boardroom’.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 15:12]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

If we lose v Leicester ? on 14:43 - Nov 30 with 1602 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Gomis and Eder still appear to be unable to score, but for me the biggest single disappointment for the last 5 games is Ki.
He played brilliantly for Korea but for us he has been ball watching, not tackling, not closing down and slow. The team are carrying him and we can't afford that.
This is a far cry from the fan's "Player of the Year".
Compared to Ki's performance yesterday Bartley put in a real shift, it is unfortunate that he is a bit like Jazz was and probably not really Prem standard, but you couldn't fault him for trying.
I thought Ayew was oustanding yesterday, not so much as a winger but as a defender, he covered the whole field yesterday and made and won tackles in every area including in both corners.
Apart from Ki I thought all the players played for GM and the Club and if they continue to improve we will just need someone to put the ball in the back of the opposition's goal to spark a real comeback, like Sygi's did with that free kick.

I still don't get GM's substitutions though.
If we lose v Leicester ? on 14:47 - Nov 30 with 1603 viewsraynor94

If we lose v Leicester ? on 14:04 - Nov 30 by Devz00

Well this is it, he has tried to mix it up a bit with the team selection recently. This is what people wanted!

When we played Stoke on the Monday night he picked a few players that were fringe players and left Gomis in instead of Eder. Anyway, after that game a lot of people were calling for Gomis to be dropped for Eder. Then against Villa he reverted back to what I would say is our strongest side on paper:

Fabianski
Naughton
Fernandez
Williams
Taylor
Ki Sung-yueng
Shelvey
Ayew
Sigurdsson
Montero
Gomis

We got a win that papered over the cracks. He again stuck with this side against Arsenal and we got stuffed and for the Norwich loss. People desperately calling for Gomis to be dropped so Monk did this recently for Bournemouth and Liverpool, as well as dropping a few other regulars. The changes haven't changed results but at least it shows he is trying new players.

The point is, the team listed above was the one that drew with Chelsea and beat Man United with the exception of Cork for Ki.

I don't think we can say it's his team selection all of the time. It's got to be down to the players as well which might be more worrying. Is it confidence/lack of effort/dressing room issues?

Hopefully we can sort it out against Leicester as we did seem to improve, slightly, yesterday. For the record, I want Monk to stay but not to the detriment of the side so it need to be sorted one way or another. Hopefully it’s sorted on the pitch and in the boardroom.

Edit — sorry, the last sentence should say ‘ Hopefully it’s sorted on the pitch rather than in the boardroom’.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 15:12]

Spot on post, there's far more to this slump than tactics, we have good players who are plainly not performing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

If we lose v Leicester ? on 14:48 - Nov 30 with 1601 viewsNookiejack

We need to put in a performance like Leicester did to us last season - when they were in trouble.

They played very well against Man U and looked like the team most likely to get a winner.

They are lightening on the counter and seem to have a very good team spirit when going behind.

Their defence seems to be their weakness as you can score against them.
If we lose v Leicester ? on 14:59 - Nov 30 with 1577 viewsDarran

If we lose v Leicester ? on 13:40 - Nov 30 by Cooperman

All things considered I think a point from Leicester is a very good result.

Not when the next game is Man City away it isn't.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:06 - Nov 30 with 1564 viewsmerthyr_jack1

Surely if we do sack Monk and pay him whatever compensation he's intitled to that will impact on our January spending. We all talk of a new striker but with millions paid out to monk that would massively reduce the amount we have to spend in January. So it could be a win lose situation 🤔🙄
If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:08 - Nov 30 with 1558 viewsDarran

If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:06 - Nov 30 by merthyr_jack1

Surely if we do sack Monk and pay him whatever compensation he's intitled to that will impact on our January spending. We all talk of a new striker but with millions paid out to monk that would massively reduce the amount we have to spend in January. So it could be a win lose situation 🤔🙄

We won't paying Monk millions before January FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:18 - Nov 30 with 1538 viewsicecoldjack

I'd give him a few more games at least. I just think has taken bit of a wrong turn and things can be put right,there were green shoots of recovery yesterday which was Heartening .

i couldn't care less where fester are in the league, player for player we are as good so why not expect 3 pts ?

If are performances improve then results won't be far away. Leon and Routs look less rusty with the extra minutes they are getting,cork will be a bit sharper too after getting some time yesterday.

I'd start Gomis though i thought while eder had little to work with he did try and hold it, Gomis is probably the better bet to get a goal though.

I'm not a fan of Bartley and think he is bit of a liability, but if the captain feels they can work well together and the communication is good then i can maybe see the logic in playing him .

Give Garry time to fix it, no more of this hit and hope bollocks and making a plodding shelvey the centre of the universe .
If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:28 - Nov 30 with 1514 viewsLoyal

If we lose v Leicester ? on 14:59 - Nov 30 by Darran

Not when the next game is Man City away it isn't.

Then we beat West Ham and WBA and the garden is rosy again.
Ha !
Oh, and a point at Palace.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:41 - Nov 30 with 1492 viewsClinton

If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:06 - Nov 30 by merthyr_jack1

We shouldnt have to pay out compensation and also enhance the playing squad.
Either the players are good enough and the manager isnt:
-----compensate sacked manager and keep the same players.
Or manager is good enough and playing squad needs to be strengthened:
------keep manager and upgrade squad

Dont forget the mantra that was trotted out a while back as a good reason to play with a distinct style and philosophy.
" Easier to change 1 than 11"
i.e. Cheaper and easier to replace the manager than the group of players.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

If we lose v Leicester ? on 16:06 - Nov 30 with 1470 viewsTummer_from_Texas

For those who think we are giving him until Boxing Day, hope y'all realize that we have a fixture at Palace just 2 days later, and another at Old Trafford just 5 days after that.

There's a break after January 2; hard to believe we'd do anything right before that. And I'm still of the opinion that any midseason change has a lot more potential for disaster than improvement.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

If we lose v Leicester ? on 17:17 - Nov 30 with 1398 viewsmerthyr_jack1

If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:41 - Nov 30 by Clinton

We shouldnt have to pay out compensation and also enhance the playing squad.
Either the players are good enough and the manager isnt:
-----compensate sacked manager and keep the same players.
Or manager is good enough and playing squad needs to be strengthened:
------keep manager and upgrade squad

Dont forget the mantra that was trotted out a while back as a good reason to play with a distinct style and philosophy.
" Easier to change 1 than 11"
i.e. Cheaper and easier to replace the manager than the group of players.

What in trying to say is that it's one or the other. We need to work to getting back to our playing style because at the moment we have no style at all
If we lose v Leicester ? on 20:43 - Nov 30 with 1271 viewsSwansNZ

If we lose v Leicester ? on 16:06 - Nov 30 by Tummer_from_Texas

For those who think we are giving him until Boxing Day, hope y'all realize that we have a fixture at Palace just 2 days later, and another at Old Trafford just 5 days after that.

There's a break after January 2; hard to believe we'd do anything right before that. And I'm still of the opinion that any midseason change has a lot more potential for disaster than improvement.

Give him until the Palace game on 28th. There are a few games there where we should pick up maybe 6 points.

If we are still struggling, then that would be a good time for a change — half of the season left, possibly still above re relegation zone, and certainly not cut adrift of safety, plus the whole of the transfer window open. I’d assume the board will be looking for possible replacements well before then, if they have not already been doing so.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

If we lose v Leicester ? on 21:23 - Nov 30 with 1225 viewsblaine_scfc

If we lose v Leicester ? on 15:18 - Nov 30 by icecoldjack

I'd give him a few more games at least. I just think has taken bit of a wrong turn and things can be put right,there were green shoots of recovery yesterday which was Heartening .

i couldn't care less where fester are in the league, player for player we are as good so why not expect 3 pts ?

If are performances improve then results won't be far away. Leon and Routs look less rusty with the extra minutes they are getting,cork will be a bit sharper too after getting some time yesterday.

I'd start Gomis though i thought while eder had little to work with he did try and hold it, Gomis is probably the better bet to get a goal though.

I'm not a fan of Bartley and think he is bit of a liability, but if the captain feels they can work well together and the communication is good then i can maybe see the logic in playing him .

Give Garry time to fix it, no more of this hit and hope bollocks and making a plodding shelvey the centre of the universe .

Has Williams said something about working alongside Bartley then? I assumed FF has had a falling out with Monk.
If we lose v Leicester ? on 21:40 - Nov 30 with 1210 viewsmonmouth

I refuse to believe that a team with Morgan and Huth at the back can't be got at.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we lose v Leicester ? on 22:12 - Nov 30 with 1177 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

The players are letting him down, they're not performing for him, but why?, why aren't they playing for him? I don't think any of us have the answer, but part of his job is to know & to rectify it. Better yesterday but another 90 minutes where the opposition keeper got out the pipe & slippers. His post match comments every week don't exactly fill you with confidence. We don't wanna end up like Bolton. Gutted for them Pratley great player for us. We don't look a goal threat, strikers not great, but the service to them is pitiful tbf. West Ham & West Brom massive games, forget Leicester & Man City.

Happy Days :-)

If we lose v Leicester ? on 22:13 - Nov 30 with 1174 viewsLoyal

If we lose v Leicester ? on 21:23 - Nov 30 by blaine_scfc

Has Williams said something about working alongside Bartley then? I assumed FF has had a falling out with Monk.

If Fernandez has fallen out with Monk and Monk has dropped him because of that then Monk should be sacked immediately.

It's the club that matters not his ego.

If we lose v Leicester ? on 22:45 - Nov 30 with 1145 viewsmonmouth

If we lose v Leicester ? on 22:13 - Nov 30 by Loyal

If Fernandez has fallen out with Monk and Monk has dropped him because of that then Monk should be sacked immediately.

It's the club that matters not his ego.

I suspect Ashley Williams possibly chooses his defensive partner and has a hand in some other selections. He was looking monumentally pissed off again on Sunday throughout (AW)...not sure that helps anyone relax and play their best. No one can accuse them of not trying though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If we lose v Leicester ? on 23:36 - Nov 30 with 1100 viewsLoyal

If we lose v Leicester ? on 22:45 - Nov 30 by monmouth

I suspect Ashley Williams possibly chooses his defensive partner and has a hand in some other selections. He was looking monumentally pissed off again on Sunday throughout (AW)...not sure that helps anyone relax and play their best. No one can accuse them of not trying though.

This is very Mochael Chopra.

If we lose v Leicester ? on 08:20 - Dec 1 with 1037 viewsDevz00

If we lose v Leicester ? on 21:40 - Nov 30 by monmouth

I refuse to believe that a team with Morgan and Huth at the back can't be got at.

Totally agree. Leicester concede in every game. They are where they are because they have a prolific goalscorer in Vardy, this season at least, and Mahrez has been assisting and banging them in himself. If we don't score then we are going to have a massive problem as this is one of the easiest teams to score against if you look at the stats*, and the odds are that they will score against us.

0-0 all over this one

*had a look out of interest and only 2 clean sheets in 17 league/cup games. They've conceded 21 which is the same as West Ham. You have to go all the way down to Chelsea in 14th place to get to a team that has conceded more. Which is mental in itself.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2015 8:26]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

If we lose v Leicester ? on 08:43 - Dec 1 with 1026 viewsjackal

Leicester and Vardy's current success is down to pace. What Vardy does is run directly and quickly towards the goal.
If we plod along in our present fashion I fear that we will be overrun again.
Montero is pacey. Instead of sticking to the touchline I wish he could run straight down the middle.
Give Tabanou a try and let's go at them.
If we lose v Leicester ? on 09:46 - Dec 1 with 987 viewsSwaneeRiver

Sorry but at the end of the Boxing Day Fixtures if we are lucky we'll find ourselves one point and one place above Bournemouth. If some of the teams have some freaky results we'll be in the bottom three.
We have to get a new guy in NOW to fix it.
I don't know who that would be, but Huw & Co's judgement has been generally reliable so far
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024