Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton fail to pay wages.. 15:45 - Nov 30 with 4556 viewsicecoldjack

..pushing £200m in debt apparently and players have not been paid with the club reported to be losing a Millon quid a month !!

Fook me ! the premier league is killing football really isn't it ?

If we stay up expect us to not be far away from paying 80k a week to some player , none of this money is going to help the clubs but straight in the pockets of agents and players..unless your a player for Bolton of course!

IMO This is a big worry for the likes of the Swans, imagine having to honor the contracts of some of our players in the Championship ? we wouldn't be rid of all of them, hope those relegation clauses have been put in .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3339432/Bolton-plunged-crisis-
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 15:53 - Nov 30 with 2304 viewsClinton

Now that's a proper crisis. Not like our piffling crisis.
I wonder if Darren Pratley is regretting moving on for the higher pay cheque ?
I was disappointed when he went. Natural ball skills, always had an extra half-second on the ball. Ho hum.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 15:56]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 15:59 - Nov 30 with 2286 viewsjacabertawe

My understanding is that all our players have a clause requiring contract renegotiation on wages if we drop down.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:05 - Nov 30 with 2271 viewsCooperman

So let's get this straight... 3 years have gone by since relegation from the PL, the so called stars of their PL era are long gone, and yet they still lose a cool £1m a month?

That's how not to run a football club.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:12 - Nov 30 with 2258 viewsicecoldjack

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:05 - Nov 30 by Cooperman

So let's get this straight... 3 years have gone by since relegation from the PL, the so called stars of their PL era are long gone, and yet they still lose a cool £1m a month?

That's how not to run a football club.

It seems like the classic speculate to accumalate scenario to me. Keep throwing cash at it until they hit the jack pot of prem football.

It;s a big worry considering years ago they were thought of as a well run premier league team !
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:13 - Nov 30 with 2256 viewsmonmouth

Scum up next apparently. Should ease their pain a bit with a resounding 0-0. Actually I suppose we can't really take the piss on that one these days.

edit - oops no, it's the Bees tonight. That might be worth a watch then.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 16:15]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:17 - Nov 30 with 2232 viewsicecoldjack

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 15:59 - Nov 30 by jacabertawe

My understanding is that all our players have a clause requiring contract renegotiation on wages if we drop down.

What if they fail to re negotiate to a suitable outcome ?

consider a 50% wage cut, sounds like no problem, but half of 60k a week ? it would still be horrific for us.

jeez.. im guessing its free transfers all round if we ever went down !

Wasn't it QPR who failed to insert any clauses in their contracts for players, another potential big problem on the horizon , Cardiff are the next in line i suspect .
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:18 - Nov 30 with 2224 viewsCooperman

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:13 - Nov 30 by monmouth

Scum up next apparently. Should ease their pain a bit with a resounding 0-0. Actually I suppose we can't really take the piss on that one these days.

edit - oops no, it's the Bees tonight. That might be worth a watch then.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 16:15]

That's the Bees and their new head coach / manager.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:20 - Nov 30 with 2215 viewsCooperman

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:12 - Nov 30 by icecoldjack

It seems like the classic speculate to accumalate scenario to me. Keep throwing cash at it until they hit the jack pot of prem football.

It;s a big worry considering years ago they were thought of as a well run premier league team !

Absolutely, I remember Ford Super Sunday's hosted from The Reebok where Keys et al drooled over the Gartside project. It's one heck of a fall from grace.

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 17:00 - Nov 30 with 2126 viewsBorojack

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 16:20 - Nov 30 by Cooperman

Absolutely, I remember Ford Super Sunday's hosted from The Reebok where Keys et al drooled over the Gartside project. It's one heck of a fall from grace.

This is why Gartside wanted no relegation from the Premier League.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 17:48 - Nov 30 with 2042 viewsCooperman

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 17:00 - Nov 30 by Borojack

This is why Gartside wanted no relegation from the Premier League.

Aye, so he did. I had forgotten about that.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 17:59 - Nov 30 with 2017 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 17:48 - Nov 30 by Cooperman

Aye, so he did. I had forgotten about that.

What a sad day for football that would have been and how boring for the majority of teams in the Prem.
I recall talking to a Bolton supporter many years ago and they were millions of pounds in debt then. Seems like they have not addressed the problems and I can see another Coventry and Portsmouth kicking off here.
Further down the league however poor Northampton can only pay their players with all other staff doing their jobs for nothing. All because they owe £150,000 to the taxman!
The greed at the top stinks and yes I am well aware how hypocritical that comment sounds.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:03 - Nov 30 with 1998 viewsRancid

They play Brentford tonight and are on a disatrous run whereas the Bees are doing rather well despite managerial problems.Anyway, Brentford are 8/5 tonight for those interested
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:10 - Nov 30 with 1988 viewsLeonisGod

Is it the premier league killing football, or is it simply a case of poor management? If clubs gamble then how can the league be blamed? There's a lesson here for people who want us to go out and 'just' spend on a top striker, which means £15-20m + high wages.
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:15 - Nov 30 with 1969 viewsCooperman

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:10 - Nov 30 by LeonisGod

Is it the premier league killing football, or is it simply a case of poor management? If clubs gamble then how can the league be blamed? There's a lesson here for people who want us to go out and 'just' spend on a top striker, which means £15-20m + high wages.

I believe it's a management issue. Clubs can go up, get relegated, and then survive and even flourish further. Unfortunately you hear more about the Leeds, Pompey, Coventry stories than you do for say Watford.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:17 - Nov 30 with 1964 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think both gambling by some clubs and the greed at the top level can be blamed for the problem. I have little sympathy for the Boltons of this world but I do for the Northamptons.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:27 - Nov 30 with 1937 viewsDr_Winston

Lot of truth to that.

If a club is struggling to pay the bills then they're spending too much. That's not the Premier League's fault.

Took us nearly going to the wall twice to learn the lessons about self-sustainability. Other clubs have still yet to.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:32 - Nov 30 with 1932 viewsHighjack

It's bad management.

Teams like Fulham, Blackburn and even Burnley have had no qualms about going out and paying £8-10+ million for players. That's an absolute recipe for disaster.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:33 - Nov 30 with 1930 viewsDewi1jack

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:17 - Nov 30 by Private_Partz

I think both gambling by some clubs and the greed at the top level can be blamed for the problem. I have little sympathy for the Boltons of this world but I do for the Northamptons.

This
And there are many like Northampton throughout history,many of whom owed the taxman less than £30 K, or around 1 days pay for the likes of Rooney et al.
Or 1 weeks wages for a lot of our squad.

Bolton only have this seasons parachute payment left (I think.)
If they're borrowing at the rate of £1 mill a month and have been granted £1 mill a month off the PL, then the borrowing doubles at the end of the season (noshite sherlock school of maths!!!)
Really can't be sustainable for too many months before the creditors pull the plug.
Cardiff are in a very similar boat, unless Uncle Vinny (YJB!) has turned the debt into equity, as they truly believed he would.
Gullible as fuk some people aye.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:54 - Nov 30 with 1885 viewsdaijack15

There is only one thing killing the small to medium teams in the premiership and that is greed......Only the really massive clubs will survive the greed with their more than one billionaire backers and numerous sponsors who pay obscene amounts of money that teams like us can only dream of......We as a club have been forced to spend obscene amounts of money and more than we really can afford on wages to stay in the premiership and we are now at the point of we cant keep spending and our limit is reached if not beyond.
Every season including this one is all about survival now and eventually we will obviously get relegated, Whether it's this season,next season or beyond but it will happen... We cant complain as we have had a great run but sadly we have punched well above our weight and it will be money or lack of it will be our downfall..... But at the end of the day its only a game and i have many other priorities that comes well before any type of sport and if or when we get relegated i wont lose any sleep over it.........
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:56 - Nov 30 with 1878 viewsDr_Winston

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:54 - Nov 30 by daijack15

There is only one thing killing the small to medium teams in the premiership and that is greed......Only the really massive clubs will survive the greed with their more than one billionaire backers and numerous sponsors who pay obscene amounts of money that teams like us can only dream of......We as a club have been forced to spend obscene amounts of money and more than we really can afford on wages to stay in the premiership and we are now at the point of we cant keep spending and our limit is reached if not beyond.
Every season including this one is all about survival now and eventually we will obviously get relegated, Whether it's this season,next season or beyond but it will happen... We cant complain as we have had a great run but sadly we have punched well above our weight and it will be money or lack of it will be our downfall..... But at the end of the day its only a game and i have many other priorities that comes well before any type of sport and if or when we get relegated i wont lose any sleep over it.........

It's not your money though so why should you care?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:57 - Nov 30 with 1877 viewsCooperman

Northampton Town are getting the odd mention... I heard on the news that they owe the council £10m. That's a bit more than £150k.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 19:58 - Nov 30 with 1790 viewsJackfath

Bolton are losing 0-1 to Brentford now too. Not many there either. Poor old Mr Pratley.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:03 - Nov 30 with 1779 viewsOldjack

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 19:58 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

Bolton are losing 0-1 to Brentford now too. Not many there either. Poor old Mr Pratley.

Pratts back in their fire-sale ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:06 - Nov 30 with 1767 viewsJackfath

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:03 - Nov 30 by Oldjack

Pratts back in their fire-sale ?

Got a good engine in him has Mr Pratley. However he's not up to the rigours of PL football.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:06 - Nov 30 with 1768 viewsPozuelosSideys

Isnt a lot of this money owed to Gartside? Hasnt he become properly ill as of late too?

Not saying it isnt bad management, but its probably more complicated than it looks.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024