Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton fail to pay wages.. 15:45 - Nov 30 with 4565 viewsicecoldjack

..pushing £200m in debt apparently and players have not been paid with the club reported to be losing a Millon quid a month !!

Fook me ! the premier league is killing football really isn't it ?

If we stay up expect us to not be far away from paying 80k a week to some player , none of this money is going to help the clubs but straight in the pockets of agents and players..unless your a player for Bolton of course!

IMO This is a big worry for the likes of the Swans, imagine having to honor the contracts of some of our players in the Championship ? we wouldn't be rid of all of them, hope those relegation clauses have been put in .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3339432/Bolton-plunged-crisis-
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:10 - Nov 30 with 1622 viewsDr_Winston

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:06 - Nov 30 by PozuelosSideys

Isnt a lot of this money owed to Gartside? Hasnt he become properly ill as of late too?

Not saying it isnt bad management, but its probably more complicated than it looks.

Eddie Davies is their chief creditor. Seems like he's happy to write most of it off...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/12023635/Boltons-downward-spiral-from-Bayern-Mu

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:12 - Nov 30 with 1613 viewswestside

Gartside also said swansea shouldn't be allowed in the premier league because our stadium was too small and clubs should have a minium capacity of 26k. reebox has a capacity of 26k.
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:14 - Nov 30 with 1609 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:10 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Eddie Davies is their chief creditor. Seems like he's happy to write most of it off...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/12023635/Boltons-downward-spiral-from-Bayern-Mu

'Kin hell. Imagine being able to write of C.£170m of debt in exchange for a £20m cash settlement.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:14 - Nov 30 with 1609 viewsmonmouth

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:06 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

Got a good engine in him has Mr Pratley. However he's not up to the rigours of PL football.

Whilst I agree, I would love to have seen the Britton-Pratley-Bodde hinge at its prime in the PL.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:19 - Nov 30 with 1601 viewsClinton

In the late 70s when at Uni in Manchester, I'd sometimes go up to Bolton just to see the tricks and antics of Frankie Worthington. One of footballs great entertainers with goals like this.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:27 - Nov 30 with 1585 viewsDewi1jack

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:06 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

Got a good engine in him has Mr Pratley. However he's not up to the rigours of PL football.

If Bolton keep going as they are...

Hope he's up to the rigours of L1
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 20:29]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:35 - Nov 30 with 1568 viewsicecoldjack

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:14 - Nov 30 by monmouth

Whilst I agree, I would love to have seen the Britton-Pratley-Bodde hinge at its prime in the PL.

I think pratley would have done well with us in the prem league, had the energy levels for it, Bodde? just pure class so would have been a sensation,especially considering how many of our squad breezed the transition from lower to prem .
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:44 - Nov 30 with 1556 viewsmonmouth

Weren't we after Davies and Danns at one time? And is that our Dobster on the bench?

Lokking at the 20 or so people at the ground shows how vital it is not getting on the slippery slope.

The ginger minger on the bench can see his career careering down the plughole too.

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:53 - Nov 30 with 1539 viewsClinton

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:44 - Nov 30 by monmouth

Weren't we after Davies and Danns at one time? And is that our Dobster on the bench?

Lokking at the 20 or so people at the ground shows how vital it is not getting on the slippery slope.

The ginger minger on the bench can see his career careering down the plughole too.

Amazing when you compare the careers of Players like like Pratley and Dorus Defries who left for greater things, to those of Rangel, Williams, Britton, and Dyer.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:00 - Nov 30 with 1528 viewsicecoldjack

I'm sure we were quoted £6m for Davies , we were linked with Danns but i think he ended up going elsewhere also.

Can't remember exactly TBH.
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:06 - Nov 30 with 1513 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:00 - Nov 30 by icecoldjack

I'm sure we were quoted £6m for Davies , we were linked with Danns but i think he ended up going elsewhere also.

Can't remember exactly TBH.

Birmingham

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:11 - Nov 30 with 1508 viewsicecoldjack

Danns scores ! sign him up !! goals from midfield an all that !
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:35 - Nov 30 with 1480 viewsicecoldjack

The dobster is on !
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:39 - Nov 30 with 1475 viewsmonmouth

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:35 - Nov 30 by icecoldjack

The dobster is on !

Bloody hell. He looks about 50.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:45 - Nov 30 with 1471 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 18:57 - Nov 30 by Cooperman

Northampton Town are getting the odd mention... I heard on the news that they owe the council £10m. That's a bit more than £150k.

Guilty as charged. I did not look into it in detail. Just heard their manager after their last game.
Anyway the £10m is owed to the council after the development of the stadium. They have their support however and the debt could be wiped out with th sale of land near the stadium.
The fact still remains that unless they have a takeover they could go to the wall for a fraction of Wayne Rooney's weekly wage.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 21:51 - Nov 30 with 1404 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:14 - Nov 30 by monmouth

The Holy Trinity.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 01:00 - Dec 1 with 1356 viewsbuilthjack

Anybody who knows anything about football must have noticed that Bolton have been on a downward spiral financially for many many years, back to when Allardyce was Manager. It's not a recent thing.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 01:22 - Dec 1 with 1350 viewsWanderer

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 20:19 - Nov 30 by Clinton

In the late 70s when at Uni in Manchester, I'd sometimes go up to Bolton just to see the tricks and antics of Frankie Worthington. One of footballs great entertainers with goals like this.

Fair play forgotten that goal, that centre half just melts away as he realises Frank lobs the ball back over him, great thinking lovely finish very very smart goal
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 03:06 - Dec 1 with 1333 viewsChrisSCFC

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 19:58 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

Bolton are losing 0-1 to Brentford now too. Not many there either. Poor old Mr Pratley.

They should start with Dobbie instead they'd be a better side.
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 08:46 - Dec 1 with 1272 viewsEdmundo

Was talking with a Bolton fan few days ago and he reckoned chasing the dream has caused this and then paying players millions 2 or three seasons after dropping to the Championship......similar story to Pompey's story!

Cardiff are in a position that is undeniably in the same mold. As long as Tan stays there are funds them, they'll be ok.........until they get promoted!

Careful what you wish for 😉

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 13:28 - Dec 1 with 1214 viewsNookiejack

The thread and comments made me think about 2 things:

1. Debt funding verses Equity Funding

Even with a generous benefactor such as Eddie Davies of Bolton - because he has provided debt funding to the club - can at any time sell all the assets of the club to repay his loans.

Our model is currently an Equity funding model - so shareholders can only take money out of the club through
(a) dividend and then only if there club is making distributable profits; or
(b) decide to wind the club and sell the assets of the club (less liabilities outstanding) through capital distribution - which Trust, Supporters, Local Community would not allow.

2. If our current form continues would we want to take on debt of say £20m to £30m to buy a couple of strikers and a winger in Jan-16 transfer window to guarantee PL survival? New players might not come off, we still get relegated and then have £20m to £30m of debt - which probably would not allow us to mount a promotion challenge back to the PL.

Burnley seem to be well managed and are challenging for promotion this season and appeared not to extend themselves when they were in relegation battle last year.
Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 13:47 - Dec 1 with 1198 viewsmonmouth

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 13:28 - Dec 1 by Nookiejack

Even with a generous benefactor such as Eddie Davies of Bolton - because he has provided debt funding to the club - can at any time sell all the assets of the club to repay his loans.

Our model is currently an Equity funding model - so shareholders can only take money out of the club through
(b) decide to wind the club and sell the assets of the club (less liabilities outstanding) through capital distribution - which Trust, Supporters, Local Community would not allow.

2. If our current form continues would we want to take on debt of say £20m to £30m to buy a couple of strikers and a winger in Jan-16 transfer window to guarantee PL survival? New players might not come off, we still get relegated and then have £20m to £30m of debt - which probably would not allow us to mount a promotion challenge back to the PL.

Burnley seem to be well managed and are challenging for promotion this season and appeared not to extend themselves when they were in relegation battle last year.

Not for me. Raise debt if at all for long term assets only, not day to day working capital of player wages and transfers. That way lies doom in my view.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 13:58 - Dec 1 with 1191 viewsUxbridge

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 13:47 - Dec 1 by monmouth

Not for me. Raise debt if at all for long term assets only, not day to day working capital of player wages and transfers. That way lies doom in my view.

Amen. Far more likely to come back up if we aren't shackled.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 14:08 - Dec 1 with 1186 viewsClinton

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 13:28 - Dec 1 by Nookiejack

I think you missed an important point.
Their assets, if sold, would come nowhere near 170 million. They would be insolvent if Davies decided to call in the debt.

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 14:16 - Dec 1 with 1182 viewsCooperman

Bolton fail to pay wages.. on 13:47 - Dec 1 by monmouth

Absolutely, as a CFO of a organisation making marginal profit based on a high degree of risk I wouldnt advocate anything else.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024