Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Organ Donation. 18:23 - Nov 30 with 11712 viewslifelong

Will you opt out of donating your organs?
Organ Donation. on 06:47 - Dec 1 with 1610 viewsjack247

You would have to be a massive tw.at to opt out IMO
Organ Donation. on 07:32 - Dec 1 with 1600 viewsNeath_Jack

Organ Donation. on 23:17 - Nov 30 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Whoever opts out of this programme - is nothing more than selfish.

It is arrogant to assume you will need your organs after death.

After life - give life. One death could result in several lives being saved. This opt-out programme took a long time coming!

What if it was a Muslim who needed your heart, Boostardo?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Organ Donation. on 08:03 - Dec 1 with 1589 viewscontroversial_jack

Organ Donation. on 23:03 - Nov 30 by Pacemaker

And if you don't want to consent opt out.

I am sure your opinion will change once you have left school and had a bit more experience of life. A friend of the family whilst still alive gave one of his kidneys for his daughter to keep her alive through lack of a suitable organ.

If you are dealing with recently bereaved or soon to be bereaved family it's never going to be an easy topic to broach, this gives staff the option to approach the family (who can still refuse) as everybody in Wales now knows the score.

I have given blood and will gladly give my organs to whoever wants them. I don't care if it's for research or a person needing them. Once your dead your are gone, make some use of yourself one last time.

Give your house and all your possessions away to be sold for medical research after your days, as you won't need them, or would you make a will and have the choice of who you leave them too
Organ Donation. on 08:09 - Dec 1 with 1588 viewscontroversial_jack

Organ Donation. on 00:54 - Dec 1 by raynor94

Incomprehensible how anyone could ever be against donating

It's not that anyone is against donating , the option has always been there.
Organ Donation. on 08:55 - Dec 1 with 1571 viewsraynor94

Organ Donation. on 08:09 - Dec 1 by controversial_jack

It's not that anyone is against donating , the option has always been there.

The option is still there, I just can't understand people opting out

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Organ Donation. on 09:29 - Dec 1 with 1561 viewsBlasterJack

Organ Donation. on 08:03 - Dec 1 by controversial_jack

Give your house and all your possessions away to be sold for medical research after your days, as you won't need them, or would you make a will and have the choice of who you leave them too

I'm sure the kids would appreciate a couple of kidneys in the will once I'm gone.
Tw*t.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Organ Donation. on 09:50 - Dec 1 with 1552 viewsdickythorpe

An offal thread this.....
Organ Donation. on 10:52 - Dec 1 with 1539 viewsfather_jack

wonder if this could potentially affect the ability of a family tho have an open coffin though??

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Login to get fewer ads

Organ Donation. on 11:08 - Dec 1 with 1531 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

The family still has a defining yes or no over your organs when it comes to you dying. This should be changed - the wishes of the person when alive should always be followed.

Poll: Goal 2 - scored by who?

Organ Donation. on 11:31 - Dec 1 with 1520 viewsHighjack

I'm willing to donate as long as they have a robust and correct process in determining that I am 100% dead before removing said organs. Don't want to wake up after an afternoon snooze to find my spleen being pulled out if my arse.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Organ Donation. on 11:33 - Dec 1 with 1519 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Organ Donation. on 10:52 - Dec 1 by father_jack

wonder if this could potentially affect the ability of a family tho have an open coffin though??

depending on the viability and quality of your organs - virtually every major organ can be claimed to save the lives or others, or at least benefit the living.

Eyes, kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, marrow...... hell, even your knob.

All parts are 'claimed' by surgeons in a respectful manner. They won't slice and dice your corpse to an unrecogniseable mess. Myths are enough to discourage people and it's a shame not more information is available about the process to aleviate these concerns.

Organ Donation. on 12:01 - Dec 1 with 1503 viewspikeypaul

4 weeks ago I was at Swansea University and a mobile blood donation vehicle had set up to the right hand side of the main building.
Having a spare hour I thought I would donate blood so entered and was meet by 3 nurses chatting to each other,they asked what I wanted and I stated the obvious "I want to give blood" to which
one replied "we don't need anymore" .
It's the last time I offer.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Organ Donation. on 12:49 - Dec 1 with 1488 viewsBatterseajack

Organ Donation. on 12:01 - Dec 1 by pikeypaul

4 weeks ago I was at Swansea University and a mobile blood donation vehicle had set up to the right hand side of the main building.
Having a spare hour I thought I would donate blood so entered and was meet by 3 nurses chatting to each other,they asked what I wanted and I stated the obvious "I want to give blood" to which
one replied "we don't need anymore" .
It's the last time I offer.

Do you think they may have mistaken you for an alcoholic tramp that has just walked in from off the street?
Organ Donation. on 12:51 - Dec 1 with 1487 viewsCountyJim

So those having a dig at people that opt out do you give blood if not should none donors receive blood transfusions
Organ Donation. on 12:52 - Dec 1 with 1487 viewsTrundle10

Organ Donation. on 18:28 - Nov 30 by Darran

No I won't be opting out they can have what they want.

This
Organ Donation. on 12:52 - Dec 1 with 1412 viewsJack_Kass

Like it or not, there are huge holes to this. Everyone's organs now have a (black) market value.

Please don't forget that donating your organs is not simply to another person, organ donation is also for research, and whatever other reason they find fit. If you donate blood it states quite clearly on the information sheet that your blood may be used for testing, research and probably lastly, for transplant to another individual.

Been a donor for years myself but don't have any issues with anyone opting out, our bodies now effectively belong to the state.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Organ Donation. on 13:06 - Dec 1 with 1394 viewsCountyJim

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9223408/Miracle-recovery-of-teen-dec

Just one case and dont forget if you dropped dead in your sleep they wont want your organs anyway its very rare that they do the situation has to be spot on

My Mother was a Senior Pediatric nurse for thirty three years she always told us be careful signing up as a donor as they tend to act to quickly if they know they can have your organs

So yes I have opted out I have told my family and two of them are nurses they also have and told the family to judge the situation at that time then make a decision
Organ Donation. on 13:34 - Dec 1 with 1372 viewsmarchamjack

On the organ donation list (they can have them all) and given blood to date nearly 60 times (would have been more but various foreign hols rules out donation for 6 month periods sometimes)

Cannot understand anyone not agreeing to donate (religion aside which whilst I wouldn't agree with, I could understand), selfish in the extreme and frankly pathetic

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Organ Donation. on 13:46 - Dec 1 with 1366 viewsJack_Kass

Organ Donation. on 13:34 - Dec 1 by marchamjack

On the organ donation list (they can have them all) and given blood to date nearly 60 times (would have been more but various foreign hols rules out donation for 6 month periods sometimes)

Cannot understand anyone not agreeing to donate (religion aside which whilst I wouldn't agree with, I could understand), selfish in the extreme and frankly pathetic

Yeah it's pathetic to do what the f**k you want with your own body.

People can (and will) still 'opt out', but tell their loved ones their wishes to donate their organs. For some it's about not being part of a large 'organ stock' database.

Organ Donation. on 14:09 - Dec 1 with 1347 viewsEvenThisNameIsTaken

Organ Donation. on 13:46 - Dec 1 by Jack_Kass

Yeah it's pathetic to do what the f**k you want with your own body.

People can (and will) still 'opt out', but tell their loved ones their wishes to donate their organs. For some it's about not being part of a large 'organ stock' database.

Let's hope you don't need a liver, lungs or heart in future then eh? Soon change your tune no doubt!

Organ Donation. on 14:17 - Dec 1 with 1346 viewsJack_Kass

Organ Donation. on 14:09 - Dec 1 by EvenThisNameIsTaken

Let's hope you don't need a liver, lungs or heart in future then eh? Soon change your tune no doubt!

Try reading it again, and avoid being a jumped up p***k. No difference in being an organ donor but not being on a mass database, with a value next to your name in regards to your 'suitability'

Organ Donation. on 18:11 - Dec 1 with 1299 viewscontroversial_jack

Organ Donation. on 09:29 - Dec 1 by BlasterJack

I'm sure the kids would appreciate a couple of kidneys in the will once I'm gone.
Tw*t.

Let make it compulsory for the state to take blood, maybe bone marrow too.,While we are on the subject, why not let them dip into our bank accounts and extract a levy towards some charity of their choice
Organ Donation. on 18:37 - Dec 1 with 1280 viewsBlasterJack

Organ Donation. on 18:11 - Dec 1 by controversial_jack

Let make it compulsory for the state to take blood, maybe bone marrow too.,While we are on the subject, why not let them dip into our bank accounts and extract a levy towards some charity of their choice

What part of optional are you not quite grasping?
And technically, a percentage of your tax is going towards certain aid quotas so they are already doing that in effect, the bastards.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Organ Donation. on 18:47 - Dec 1 with 1271 viewsexiledclaseboy

Organ Donation. on 18:11 - Dec 1 by controversial_jack

They already do. It's called the Consolidated Fund.

Poll: Tory leader

Organ Donation. on 19:05 - Dec 1 with 1250 viewsskippyjack

Organ Donation. on 11:31 - Dec 1 by Highjack

I'm willing to donate as long as they have a robust and correct process in determining that I am 100% dead before removing said organs. Don't want to wake up after an afternoon snooze to find my spleen being pulled out if my arse.

This has actually happened!.. millions of people have been buried alive.. it's alright though..

f*ck em init.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024