Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window 20:38 - Nov 30 with 5319 viewsbudegan

I keep reading on here about the need for us to use the Jan transfer window to sign a striker who's guaranteed to perform for us.

How realistic is that given a) our budget, and b) our past history during said transfer window?
January transfer window on 20:42 - Nov 30 with 3849 viewsOldjack

throwing money at a new striker will more than likely be an utter waste ,now feeding the ones we got would be far more productive ,We all know Gomis can score at this level ,

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

January transfer window on 20:50 - Nov 30 with 3835 viewsBorojack

January transfer window on 20:42 - Nov 30 by Oldjack

throwing money at a new striker will more than likely be an utter waste ,now feeding the ones we got would be far more productive ,We all know Gomis can score at this level ,

The problem is we only have 1 PL standard striker.
No backup as Eder lacks the quality.
We need another option but as was stated on another thread we dont have the cash for strenghening in January.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

January transfer window on 20:54 - Nov 30 with 3813 viewsmax936

January transfer window on 20:50 - Nov 30 by Borojack

We need another option but as was stated on another thread we dont have the cash for strenghening in January.

I can't see us signing anyone tbh, there's clearly no money available to spend and Club won't burden themselves with any debt.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

January transfer window on 20:57 - Nov 30 with 3795 viewsBorojack

January transfer window on 20:54 - Nov 30 by max936

I can't see us signing anyone tbh, there's clearly no money available to spend and Club won't burden themselves with any debt.

Unless we sell first but I cant see that happening till the summer either.

January transfer window on 20:59 - Nov 30 with 3792 viewsDr_Winston

Get the players we've got playing as well as they can do and there's no need to sign anyone in January.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

January transfer window on 21:02 - Nov 30 with 3781 viewsA_Fans_Dad

January transfer window on 20:42 - Nov 30 by Oldjack

You may be correct, but Mr Gomis has a very limited range of goal scoring abilities and if the conditions are not almost perfect it does not happen.
So we could do with a striker that creates his own chances and and take advantage of any of those "half chances" thrown their way.
January transfer window on 21:05 - Nov 30 with 3763 viewsDr_Winston

January transfer window on 21:02 - Nov 30 by A_Fans_Dad

You may be correct, but Mr Gomis has a very limited range of goal scoring abilities and if the conditions are not almost perfect it does not happen.
So we could do with a striker that creates his own chances and and take advantage of any of those "half chances" thrown their way.

And how much would you suggest that a striker who can create his own chances would cost in January?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

January transfer window on 21:10 - Nov 30 with 3750 viewsBorojack

January transfer window on 21:05 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

And how much would you suggest that a striker who can create his own chances would cost in January?

I remember prior to the summer window Huw said something along the lines of it would be very difficult to find players who were better than we currently have.
How right he was on that one.

Login to get fewer ads

January transfer window on 21:11 - Nov 30 with 3750 viewsOldjack

January transfer window on 21:02 - Nov 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Always taking a big chance on strikers , just look at Torres at Chelsea , it's gonna cost mega bucks for an established striker which i've no doubt they won't sell anyway ,the only one i could think off in our price range would be Austin of QPR ,but it's a massive gamble

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

January transfer window on 21:12 - Nov 30 with 3746 viewsDr_Winston

January transfer window on 21:10 - Nov 30 by Borojack

I remember prior to the summer window Huw said something along the lines of it would be very difficult to find players who were better than we currently have.
How right he was on that one.

Strikers are at a premium. Strikers at the very highest level even more so. Some people seem to think you can nip down to Tesco and pick one up.

January transfer window on 21:12 - Nov 30 with 3741 viewsdickythorpe

Bony on loan.....
January transfer window on 21:13 - Nov 30 with 3745 viewsA_Fans_Dad

January transfer window on 21:05 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Anywhere from £1M to £40M, but that is what scouts are for, but they do not necessarily need to come from the Prem.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 21:19]
January transfer window on 21:16 - Nov 30 with 3729 viewsskippyjack

Jonathan De Guzman on loan!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

January transfer window on 21:18 - Nov 30 with 3723 viewsBorojack

January transfer window on 21:12 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Strikers are at a premium. Strikers at the very highest level even more so. Some people seem to think you can nip down to Tesco and pick one up.

We should have invested some of the Bony cash on a quality replacement.
Instead of wasting cash on Eder and Tabanou.
Hindsight I know

January transfer window on 21:59 - Nov 30 with 3651 viewsAnotherJohn

I'd say go for something the Swans don't traditionally do - sign a stop gap who is too old to sell on but will keep us up. Aritz Aduriz of Athletic Bilbao is 34 years old but has 20 goals already this season, and probably wouldn't go for over £3 million.

As some of us have been saying all season, Gomis is the only central striker we have who is anywhere near EPL quality.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 22:04]
January transfer window on 22:09 - Nov 30 with 3622 viewsskippyjack

January transfer window on 21:59 - Nov 30 by AnotherJohn

I'd say go for something the Swans don't traditionally do - sign a stop gap who is too old to sell on but will keep us up. Aritz Aduriz of Athletic Bilbao is 34 years old but has 20 goals already this season, and probably wouldn't go for over £3 million.

As some of us have been saying all season, Gomis is the only central striker we have who is anywhere near EPL quality.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2015 22:04]

I find writing off Eder is a bit unfair.. he's barely payed.. and done alright against Bournemouth and Liverpool

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

January transfer window on 22:10 - Nov 30 with 3618 viewsLoyal

Bafe has a fruity look about him, I'm not saying he tangles with gentlemen at any point, but maybe this is on his mind a lot. Hence his recent drop in form.

It's a possibility.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

January transfer window on 21:10 - Dec 1 with 3444 viewsMillie

Emnes needs a chance, I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he makes things happen, with 7 bench places he must be worth one
January transfer window on 21:33 - Dec 1 with 3422 viewsDyfnant

Offer this guy a deal until the end of the season, include goal/appearance bonus'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3340894/Emmanuel-Adebayor-ulti

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

January transfer window on 21:56 - Dec 1 with 3392 viewstomdickharry

January transfer window on 21:18 - Nov 30 by Borojack

We should have invested some of the Bony cash on a quality replacement.
Instead of wasting cash on Eder and Tabanou.
Hindsight I know

Not some but all of the Bony money.
January transfer window on 22:58 - Dec 1 with 3332 viewswhiterock

Gomis was bought, yes bought because Swans thought Wilf was off last summer and had to be replaced, we carried one main-line stricker longer than planned. Bony's 3x£8m has been spent (some to cover the Gomis deal, some to cover our summer 2015 signings and some to cover a shortfall in cashflow).

The good news is that there is little debt, we are living within our means but there is little spare cash for anything major this January. A loan player or two perhaps?
January transfer window on 23:46 - Dec 1 with 3309 viewsbluenile

January transfer window on 20:50 - Nov 30 by Borojack

Well if we don't strengthen then we definitely won't have the cash NEXT season. . . . . .

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

January transfer window on 23:53 - Dec 1 with 3307 viewswhiterock

January transfer window on 23:46 - Dec 1 by bluenile

Well if we don't strengthen then we definitely won't have the cash NEXT season. . . . . .

So we live beyond our means, as said a loanee or two maybe
January transfer window on 15:39 - Dec 2 with 3158 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Clearly Swansea needs more depth at CB if we are playing Bartley, and it looks like we're going after Michael Keane.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-aston-vil

The other guy I hope we are still pursuing is Fabian Castillo from FC Dallas. Indirectly, this could help us at striker. He's a wing who can play either side, and that would give us more depth there in order to try Ayew at striker if necessary.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

January transfer window on 16:19 - Dec 2 with 3117 viewsmagicdaps10

Two guys we should be looking at are

Sebastian Haller-UTRECHT
Christian Santos-NEC

The Utrecht guy could be hard to get taking into account our issues with that club. Both guys are going to be real names in a few years and we could get them now at good fees.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024