Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Profit for the Swans 22:24 - Nov 30 with 2144 viewsOldjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31055293 that ain't gonna buy no one

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Profit for the Swans on 22:27 - Nov 30 with 2126 viewsskippyjack

Dividend for the board.. lovely!

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Profit for the Swans on 22:33 - Nov 30 with 2104 views50pencehead

January 2015......how slow is your internet?

Feet like a Toblerone

Profit for the Swans on 22:51 - Nov 30 with 2044 viewsEdmundo

Profit for the Swans on 22:33 - Nov 30 by 50pencehead

January 2015......how slow is your internet?

Dial up maybe😂

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Profit for the Swans on 23:19 - Nov 30 with 1983 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Profit for the Swans on 22:51 - Nov 30 by Edmundo

Dial up maybe😂

More like wind up lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Profit for the Swans on 10:05 - Dec 1 with 1744 viewsJackanapes

"A Deloitte report ranks Swansea the 29th highest-earning club in the world."

Hang on. I thought we were a tiny little club struggling to compete way out of our depth?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Profit for the Swans on 12:43 - Dec 1 with 1617 viewstomdickharry

Profit for the Swans on 10:05 - Dec 1 by Jackanapes

"A Deloitte report ranks Swansea the 29th highest-earning club in the world."

Hang on. I thought we were a tiny little club struggling to compete way out of our depth?

The party line is we ain't got a bean to invest in quality stock in Janaury which would give the business a better chance to reach its target of staying in the PL at the end of 2015/2016 season.
Profit for the Swans on 13:17 - Dec 1 with 1538 viewsdickythorpe

Here we fecking go again!!! Oldsoak on his crack pipe again....

Hey Oldfool, keep this under your hat, but between you, me and the gatepost UgUg the caveman just rubbed two pieces of flint together and invented fire........

What a nincompoop you really are man!!!!!!!
Profit for the Swans on 13:44 - Dec 1 with 1491 viewsNookiejack

The article appears to be dated 31st Jan 2015 and based on accounts 31st May 2014 - so probably a lot of things have happened since then.

The question now is given PL TV rights and Bony transfer fee - why do we appear to have cashflow problems - so unable to buy players in Jan-16 transfer window? Also given we had a relatively low spend on transfer fees in last summer's transfer window?

Maybe something along the lines of:-

1. Spending on and completion of two training grounds.
2. increased wages of players when extending their contracts.
3. Increased emoluments of Directors including bonuses (bonuses probably justified on last years PL performance - emoluments difficult to decrease though if we get relegated).
4. Hidden costs of the 'free transfers' for Ayew, Gomis and Cork.

For me Ayew free transfer is likely to have cost us a significant amount of money - more than we all realise - that is why we were able to attract him ahead of top 6 clubs. Good job we paid it as well as would be really struggling without his goals.
Login to get fewer ads

Profit for the Swans on 18:50 - Dec 1 with 1305 viewsSwansNZ

Profit for the Swans on 13:44 - Dec 1 by Nookiejack

The article appears to be dated 31st Jan 2015 and based on accounts 31st May 2014 - so probably a lot of things have happened since then.

The question now is given PL TV rights and Bony transfer fee - why do we appear to have cashflow problems - so unable to buy players in Jan-16 transfer window? Also given we had a relatively low spend on transfer fees in last summer's transfer window?

3. Increased emoluments of Directors including bonuses (bonuses probably justified on last years PL performance - emoluments difficult to decrease though if we get relegated).

For me Ayew free transfer is likely to have cost us a significant amount of money - more than we all realise - that is why we were able to attract him ahead of top 6 clubs. Good job we paid it as well as would be really struggling without his goals.

If we say we have no money, then some people will think outside “investment” is a good thing.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Profit for the Swans on 23:51 - Dec 1 with 1120 viewsbluenile

Profit for the Swans on 13:44 - Dec 1 by Nookiejack

Cork wasn't a 'free'.................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Profit for the Swans on 00:55 - Dec 2 with 1084 viewsNookiejack

Profit for the Swans on 23:51 - Dec 1 by bluenile

Cork wasn't a 'free'.................

I stand corrected it was £3m.

Given he was coming to the end of his Southampton contract - assume we had to pay him a large signing on fee - as would have been a lot of demand for him from other PL clubs - even though only had to pay relatively low transfer fee to Southampton.
Profit for the Swans on 05:07 - Dec 2 with 1044 viewsicecoldjack

Well lets dis count what the directors get in terms of money and dividend, that is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, the real money is on signing on fees,free transfer wages and new contract negotiations, which has to be a hell of a lot going out every month.

If the club are being prudent then they need to be trusted on it, they have spent big in the past and will do so again, there is no point being in the prem league if it means we turn profit into a debt, it's just not worth it and should not even happen ,especially when the rest of Europe pay a lot of their players peanuts in comparison. This is the advantage of having local people run the club.

We spend what we can afford, if the board say we can't afford it thats fine by me, irrelevent of them getting dividends or wages .
Profit for the Swans on 07:09 - Dec 2 with 999 viewsCooperman

One thing that is almost certain is that Huw and Co won't jeopardise long term stability. The recent off the field investments are all to do with long term.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Profit for the Swans on 18:19 - Dec 2 with 870 viewsNookiejack

Profit for the Swans on 05:07 - Dec 2 by icecoldjack

Well lets dis count what the directors get in terms of money and dividend, that is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things, the real money is on signing on fees,free transfer wages and new contract negotiations, which has to be a hell of a lot going out every month.

If the club are being prudent then they need to be trusted on it, they have spent big in the past and will do so again, there is no point being in the prem league if it means we turn profit into a debt, it's just not worth it and should not even happen ,especially when the rest of Europe pay a lot of their players peanuts in comparison. This is the advantage of having local people run the club.

We spend what we can afford, if the board say we can't afford it thats fine by me, irrelevent of them getting dividends or wages .

I don't think we should totally discount Directors emoluments and bonuses - as these could be a drain on the club's financial resources to compete. (Do understand your view that these are likely to be immaterial in context players wages/transfer fees etc).

The Trust with its 21% shareholding in my view does continually need to challenge whether the Directors emoluments reflect market rate and bonuses reflect performance - to ensure it is not being financially prejudiced as a minority shareholder.

It is arguable whether the Board were totally straight about the proposed sale of their shares to the Americans - calling it investment - so maybe we can't totally rely 100% on every word they say.

I am in the camp though that if there indeed isn't any money for combination of above reasons - that we shouldn't take on debt - to gamble on whether new signings - could then keep us up.

Although I hope we have a certain pot set aside and perhaps with combination of unhappy players exiting the club / agreement to end Michu's contract - certain funds are/will be available to strengthen our squad in Jan-16 transfer window.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024