Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Council Merger 12:16 - Dec 1 with 2710 viewsbennytee

I hear they are looking to merge Swansea and Neath Port Talbot councils.
What will this mean in terms of council tax? Neath Port Talbot seem to pay a huge amount more right across the board.
Council Merger on 19:21 - Dec 1 with 2620 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yeah. Maybe they could call it, rem, West Glamorgan County Council or something like that .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Council Merger on 19:22 - Dec 1 with 2616 viewsHighjack

Neath is just a better place to live and the people are far superior.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Council Merger on 19:35 - Dec 1 with 2598 viewsjack_lord

Council Merger on 19:21 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah. Maybe they could call it, rem, West Glamorgan County Council or something like that .

What a great idea. Maybe they could house them in offices across the county. (mind you great christmas parties back in the day)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Council Merger on 19:43 - Dec 1 with 2587 viewsexiledclaseboy

Whatever happened to Lliw Valley?

Poll: Tory leader

Council Merger on 20:01 - Dec 1 with 2562 viewsPacemaker

Council Merger on 19:43 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

Whatever happened to Lliw Valley?

It became Neath.

There is a fair bit of opposition to this merger in NPT as Swansea have a few "issues" and there is also a feeling that the authority would become Swansea centric,

It will happen as the WAG need to justify their existence but there will be a few battles.

All that is assuming Labour get back in, there are real fears after the last election that a combination of voter apathy and Plaid and or UKIP (if they still exist) will cause an upset.

Unless Corbyn has truly revived Labour.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Council Merger on 20:05 - Dec 1 with 2556 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council Merger on 20:01 - Dec 1 by Pacemaker

It became Neath.

There is a fair bit of opposition to this merger in NPT as Swansea have a few "issues" and there is also a feeling that the authority would become Swansea centric,

It will happen as the WAG need to justify their existence but there will be a few battles.

All that is assuming Labour get back in, there are real fears after the last election that a combination of voter apathy and Plaid and or UKIP (if they still exist) will cause an upset.

I thought at least some of what used to be Lliw Valley became part if Swansea? Neath got the scabby bits the big city didn't want. Pontardawe, for example.

Council Merger on 20:11 - Dec 1 with 2538 viewsPacemaker

Council Merger on 20:05 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

I thought at least some of what used to be Lliw Valley became part if Swansea? Neath got the scabby bits the big city didn't want. Pontardawe, for example.

True, Swansea got south of Pontadawe, Neath Port Talbot got everything north of that. Very odd decision as I wouldn't have thought that there was any historical links between the boroughs as they were, it has always been the Swansea valleys to me.

Council Merger on 20:12 - Dec 1 with 2535 viewsexiledclaseboy

Council Merger on 20:11 - Dec 1 by Pacemaker

True, Swansea got south of Pontadawe, Neath Port Talbot got everything north of that. Very odd decision as I wouldn't have thought that there was any historical links between the boroughs as they were, it has always been the Swansea valleys to me.

They're all just Swansea suburbs really.

Login to get fewer ads

Council Merger on 20:22 - Dec 1 with 2515 viewsPacemaker

Council Merger on 20:12 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

I always hear Guantanamera in my head on entering Ystalyfera for some reason.

Council Merger on 20:33 - Dec 1 with 2500 viewsNeath_Jack

Council Merger on 20:22 - Dec 1 by Pacemaker

So do i and many others, it drives my kids mad (they both went to Ystalyfera school).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Council Merger on 21:14 - Dec 1 with 2456 viewsjack_lord

Council Merger on 20:22 - Dec 1 by Pacemaker

Me too and I do it at least twice a day. They have higher council tax than us across the bridge.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Council Merger on 07:29 - Dec 2 with 2358 viewsPrivate_Partz

It could mean cost savings with less Directors and Councillors. 8 LAs is still too many for me. It is divide and rule at the moment. We should have no more than 4 and ours should be the South West Wales Authority.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Council Merger on 11:58 - Dec 2 with 2292 viewsfather_jack

Council Merger on 20:01 - Dec 1 by Pacemaker

It became Neath.

id rather it be swansea centric than allow port toilet to asset strip neath any further tbh.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Council Merger on 12:25 - Dec 2 with 2280 viewsJoe_bradshaw

22 different local authorities in an area the size of Wales is madness. How much replicating of the provision of services is going on? What a waste of money.

My wife worked for the eduction department in special needs provision. When West Glamorgan split up into Swansea and NPT the whole structure to provide special needs services doubled overnight. You might think that the two authorities would combine resources for the benefit of all but the village mentality prevailed and both authorities set up autonomous services,

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Council Merger on 12:41 - Dec 2 with 2267 viewsperchrockjack

Recently I broached this subject with regards to the proposed Liverpool City region which will take in a very diverse mix of towns and villages .

Some ,like St Helens, Southport,Wirral feel main issue is lack of identity and being swallowed up in a larger connobation.

The credit side is that it will be a devolved region with more powers over the budget.

Depends if Swansea wants to take in all the little towns and villages around it and finally move the feck on instead of stagnating

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Council Merger on 17:34 - Dec 3 with 2167 viewsBanosswan

Council Merger on 20:12 - Dec 1 by exiledclaseboy

Lliw valley also included pontarddulais and gorseinon.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Council Merger on 19:43 - Dec 3 with 2118 viewsBloodyhills

Council Merger on 19:21 - Dec 1 by Brynmill_Jack

or maybe the Ospreys County Council!

Used to work for West Glamorgan back in the day.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Council Merger on 19:48 - Dec 3 with 2106 viewsWhiterockin

Council Merger on 11:58 - Dec 2 by father_jack

id rather it be swansea centric than allow port toilet to asset strip neath any further tbh.

Neath Council spent all the money in the kitty before they merged with Port Talbot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024