Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES 16:40 - Dec 8 with 13631 viewsjohnlangy

I've created a petition in www.care2.com on the above subject. If you go into the website and enter the petition title 'Invest in the Rest of Wales, not just Cardiff' in the search field the petition will come up.

Sign if you agree and pass on to all your email contacts. If you're on Facebook send it to all your 'friends'. Use any social media outlet you can think of.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:06 - Dec 15 with 1862 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:02 - Dec 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Needs sharing and publicising on a lot of different sites to gain momentum. Signed

Absolutely! Share on your social media platforms and forums. It's been shared on the Ospreys Forum, if anyone is a member of any other forums, share away.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:21 - Dec 15 with 1857 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:06 - Dec 15 by CopperJack

Absolutely! Share on your social media platforms and forums. It's been shared on the Ospreys Forum, if anyone is a member of any other forums, share away.

I'm not a member of any other forums but have shared it on FB. Though it will spread like knotweed if others share on FB and other forums such as music etc etc. Hopefully momentum gained will snowball this into the public conciousness. I hope the WAG come out and rubbish it publically, no better way to alert others such as in North Wales who may be unaware

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:02 - Dec 15 with 1815 viewsCopperJack

Evidently, Cardiff believe they should have more than us -

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=277426&page=65

Couldn't make it up. The appalling inequality which the WAG has perpetuated has given them such a sense of entitlement. Again, sign and share if you care about the future of your city.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:50 - Dec 16 with 1795 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:02 - Dec 15 by CopperJack

Evidently, Cardiff believe they should have more than us -

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=277426&page=65

Couldn't make it up. The appalling inequality which the WAG has perpetuated has given them such a sense of entitlement. Again, sign and share if you care about the future of your city.

Nice to see seasider sharing the petition on there.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:45 - Dec 16 with 1761 viewsCopperJack

960 views yet less than 100 signatures. Surely some of you must be bothered about where your taxes are being spent? If not for yourself, then the next generation who will need to leave to find high-paying jobs. Personally, I loathe the idea that most of my money is spent in Cardiff and then they have the audacity to tell me it's 'Good for Wales'.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:40 - Dec 16 with 1751 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:45 - Dec 16 by CopperJack

960 views yet less than 100 signatures. Surely some of you must be bothered about where your taxes are being spent? If not for yourself, then the next generation who will need to leave to find high-paying jobs. Personally, I loathe the idea that most of my money is spent in Cardiff and then they have the audacity to tell me it's 'Good for Wales'.

I created an id on Wrexham's Redpassion site and am waiting on an admin person to authorise me so I can spread the word there. Nothing's happened yet so maybe they think i'll be naughty. Can't imagine why.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:01 - Dec 16 with 1748 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:45 - Dec 16 by CopperJack

To be fair CJ 960 views may only mean 100 different viewers. I've been in there 10 times or more myself.

Having said that, if 100 different people had spread the word around their social media contacts you'd expect FAR more signatories. I know at least 5 of them are from my contacts.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:58 - Dec 18 with 1696 viewsCopperJack

How's it progressing langy?

Login to get fewer ads

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:04 - Dec 18 with 1676 viewsmrrockin

Well done for trying but reality is Carwyn and his chums no doubt with the 'lovely Leanne' will be in next time to continue where they've left off. They don't care but they don't need to.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:10 - Dec 18 with 1667 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:04 - Dec 18 by mrrockin

Well done for trying but reality is Carwyn and his chums no doubt with the 'lovely Leanne' will be in next time to continue where they've left off. They don't care but they don't need to.

I agree they don't care, and the apathy displayed to this thread reaffirms to them that there is no appetite for change. If we continue to do nothing, we'll continue to get nothing. There are only 3 avenues open to us. 1, is voting them out, which will never happen, 2, petitioning your AMs (which people don't do) and 3, take action like this.

If people don't take action, then I don't see how they can complain about the fact that all their taxes are being spent in Cardiff. It may not change a great deal, but could attract attention, cause some fuss and highlight the neglect which the WAG currently practices.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:22 - Dec 18 with 1667 viewspaddyjack01

great job, signed.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:05 - Dec 19 with 1643 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:58 - Dec 18 by CopperJack

How's it progressing langy?

To be honest I only know as much as the rest of you. The signature numbers are just creaping up a few at a time (99 just now) and numbers like that aren't going to impress anybody. And i've got no idea if any of those signatories have spread the word round their social media contacts or spread it round any other forums they use. If reading this you realise this applies to you (a generic you, not you CJ) then do it now. I tried to register with the Redpassion site a few days ago to spread the word there (Wrexham in case people don't know) but, so far, no mod has seen fit to give me thread creation access.

As I said, those numbers aren't going to impress anybody, in Swansea certainly.If it was a thousand signatures then they'd take notice. If, say, 50 of those people were in East Swansea that's not going to affect Mike Hedges one iota with a majority of over 8000.

Having said that 50 in Llanelli would make a difference. With the majority there just 80 then if those 50 were Labour deciding to vote Plaid then, all other things being equal, that would be the Labour AM gone. It's that close.

I'm in the process of drafting an email to the Llanelli AM telling him that we are working towards unseating him and, with such a slim majority it should have an effect. He obviously can't know that there's only a few of those voters from Llanelli but he'll, hopefully, think 'there's going to be hundreds of Swans fans from Llanelli and what if they all decide to listen to this message and vote against me'.

I'll let you know what happens.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:36 - Dec 19 with 1634 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:05 - Dec 19 by johnlangy

To be honest I only know as much as the rest of you. The signature numbers are just creaping up a few at a time (99 just now) and numbers like that aren't going to impress anybody. And i've got no idea if any of those signatories have spread the word round their social media contacts or spread it round any other forums they use. If reading this you realise this applies to you (a generic you, not you CJ) then do it now. I tried to register with the Redpassion site a few days ago to spread the word there (Wrexham in case people don't know) but, so far, no mod has seen fit to give me thread creation access.

As I said, those numbers aren't going to impress anybody, in Swansea certainly.If it was a thousand signatures then they'd take notice. If, say, 50 of those people were in East Swansea that's not going to affect Mike Hedges one iota with a majority of over 8000.

Having said that 50 in Llanelli would make a difference. With the majority there just 80 then if those 50 were Labour deciding to vote Plaid then, all other things being equal, that would be the Labour AM gone. It's that close.

I'm in the process of drafting an email to the Llanelli AM telling him that we are working towards unseating him and, with such a slim majority it should have an effect. He obviously can't know that there's only a few of those voters from Llanelli but he'll, hopefully, think 'there's going to be hundreds of Swans fans from Llanelli and what if they all decide to listen to this message and vote against me'.

I'll let you know what happens.

Brilliant idea.

It's a shame that more people aren't interesting in changing their city for the better. Apathy is quite clearly the devil in these situations and it's allowing Labour a free reign to keep building their super city and neglecting the rest of Wales.

The major downside is, as you said, the numbers currently generated won't impress anyone. In fact, they may even harm the cause by convincing the WAG that there is no appetite for change.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:22 - Dec 19 with 1616 viewsjohnlangy

As promised, this is the text from my email to Keith Davies, Labour AM in Llanelli.

Dear Mr Davies,

A while ago I went to a surgery held by Mike Hedges which was also attended by Carolyn Harris. I explained to them my opinion, which is also that of a large number of people around Wales, that Labour, since the inception of the Assembly, has run Wales in a similar way to how successive Westminster governments have run the UK. By that I mean that the WAG has invested a completely disproportionate amount in Cardiff and the South East to the detriment of the rest of Wales. I also made the same point to Carwyn Jones in his Carwyn Connects session at the Dylan Thomas Centre. Unsurprisingly all three of them disagreed with me.

The main point of this email is to let you know that i’m currently liaising with other Swans supporters on a Swans forum to persuade any of them living in Llanelli to join together to vote you out of the Assembly at the next election. I apologise for putting this so bluntly but the only way Welsh Labour will listen to what people think is if they believe they are going to lose power. We’ll be attempting the same in other constituencies but, with your majority being so slim you are an obvious target for our efforts. Mike, Carolyn and Carwyn all came up with examples of investment in Swansea which I don’t argue with. There’s been investment everywhere. My point is about balance. The BILLIONS of private and public money invested in Cardiff while the rest of Wales rots is a national disgrace. Whether you agree or not doesn’t matter. We will be doing all we can to make this happen. I don’t know how many Swans supporters live in the Llanelli constituency but it’s certainly in the hundreds and this will be more than enough to make the difference.

I’d be very interested in your thoughts.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:17 - Dec 19 with 1598 viewsmrrockin

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:10 - Dec 18 by CopperJack

I agree they don't care, and the apathy displayed to this thread reaffirms to them that there is no appetite for change. If we continue to do nothing, we'll continue to get nothing. There are only 3 avenues open to us. 1, is voting them out, which will never happen, 2, petitioning your AMs (which people don't do) and 3, take action like this.

If people don't take action, then I don't see how they can complain about the fact that all their taxes are being spent in Cardiff. It may not change a great deal, but could attract attention, cause some fuss and highlight the neglect which the WAG currently practices.

We need more people like you, I've been saying similar things for years but I'm tired of coming up against a brick wall.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:00 - Dec 20 with 1399 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:22 - Dec 19 by johnlangy

As promised, this is the text from my email to Keith Davies, Labour AM in Llanelli.

Dear Mr Davies,

A while ago I went to a surgery held by Mike Hedges which was also attended by Carolyn Harris. I explained to them my opinion, which is also that of a large number of people around Wales, that Labour, since the inception of the Assembly, has run Wales in a similar way to how successive Westminster governments have run the UK. By that I mean that the WAG has invested a completely disproportionate amount in Cardiff and the South East to the detriment of the rest of Wales. I also made the same point to Carwyn Jones in his Carwyn Connects session at the Dylan Thomas Centre. Unsurprisingly all three of them disagreed with me.

The main point of this email is to let you know that i’m currently liaising with other Swans supporters on a Swans forum to persuade any of them living in Llanelli to join together to vote you out of the Assembly at the next election. I apologise for putting this so bluntly but the only way Welsh Labour will listen to what people think is if they believe they are going to lose power. We’ll be attempting the same in other constituencies but, with your majority being so slim you are an obvious target for our efforts. Mike, Carolyn and Carwyn all came up with examples of investment in Swansea which I don’t argue with. There’s been investment everywhere. My point is about balance. The BILLIONS of private and public money invested in Cardiff while the rest of Wales rots is a national disgrace. Whether you agree or not doesn’t matter. We will be doing all we can to make this happen. I don’t know how many Swans supporters live in the Llanelli constituency but it’s certainly in the hundreds and this will be more than enough to make the difference.

I’d be very interested in your thoughts.

Great stuff, be interested to hear his reply. Fed up of the same rhetoric espoused by Carywn and his cronies about how much they invest down here.

Hopefully more and more people will sign and help to create a more positive future in our city

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:07 - Dec 20 with 1378 viewsperchrockjack

Slagging off Wales then...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:05 - Dec 21 with 1344 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:07 - Dec 20 by perchrockjack

Pardon?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:55 - Dec 21 with 1340 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:07 - Dec 20 by perchrockjack

Pardon from me as well.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:55 - Dec 21 with 1326 viewsswansealad69

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:55 - Dec 21 by johnlangy

Pardon from me as well.

Needs to get this on fb and twitter.
About time someone stood up as as proud off a jack I am the city center is a sh.t hole
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 15:08 - Dec 21 with 1316 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:55 - Dec 21 by swansealad69

About time someone stood up as as proud off a jack I am the city center is a sh.t hole

That's why this needed to be created. We all love Swansea and want to see it given a fair shot. You're right though, the more social media platforms it's shared across, Twitter/Facebook/forums etc, the better for our city and Wales.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:03 - Dec 21 with 1288 viewsjohnlangy

I'm not on Facebook or twitter. Has anyone done this ? Can someone do this ?
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:10 - Dec 21 with 1285 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:03 - Dec 21 by johnlangy

I'm not on Facebook or twitter. Has anyone done this ? Can someone do this ?

Yeah I have, but don't have a massive following. But if people who are quite active on either platform could, that would really help. After you sign it, there's an option for 'share on social media'

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 21:47 - Dec 21 with 1265 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Signed.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 21:59 - Dec 21 with 1256 viewsDr_Winston

That's not the Welsh Assembly's fault.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024