Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES 16:40 - Dec 8 with 13605 viewsjohnlangy

I've created a petition in www.care2.com on the above subject. If you go into the website and enter the petition title 'Invest in the Rest of Wales, not just Cardiff' in the search field the petition will come up.

Sign if you agree and pass on to all your email contacts. If you're on Facebook send it to all your 'friends'. Use any social media outlet you can think of.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 23:12 - Dec 21 with 1601 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 21:59 - Dec 21 by Dr_Winston

That's not the Welsh Assembly's fault.

How so? As WAG funding has increased into Cardiff, Swansea city centre has gone increasingly downhill. Direct correlation as it attracts all of Wales like moths to a flame. The financial bubble they've created there, the tourist attractions they've built, has been to the detriment of Swansea and the rest of Wales.

We've received almost zero funding from Cardiff's Assembly to help generate wealth in the city and regenerate our city centre. It suits them better if Swansea isn't good because then they won't have a rival for their capital.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 07:22 - Dec 22 with 1583 viewsDr_Winston

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 23:12 - Dec 21 by CopperJack

How so? As WAG funding has increased into Cardiff, Swansea city centre has gone increasingly downhill. Direct correlation as it attracts all of Wales like moths to a flame. The financial bubble they've created there, the tourist attractions they've built, has been to the detriment of Swansea and the rest of Wales.

We've received almost zero funding from Cardiff's Assembly to help generate wealth in the city and regenerate our city centre. It suits them better if Swansea isn't good because then they won't have a rival for their capital.

Swansea city centre has been a shithole since before the Welsh Assembly was a twinkle in Ron Davies's eye.

Funding should be more evenly distributed for sure, but a council worth its salt would be doing a better job despite that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:40 - Dec 22 with 1551 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 07:22 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

Swansea city centre has been a shithole since before the Welsh Assembly was a twinkle in Ron Davies's eye.

Funding should be more evenly distributed for sure, but a council worth its salt would be doing a better job despite that.

Swansea Council has far from covered itself in glory (although I think the current administration is showing some ambition to regenerate the city without WAG funding). However, there is very little they can do with next to zero money. Cardiff has things built for it by the WAG (Cardiff Bay/Welsh Assembly/Millenium Centre/St Davids etc) to attract private investment.

Whilst Swansea City centre has never been the pinnacle of town planning, it's widely regarded as having degenerated exponentially since the WAG started pumping all our taxes into Cardiff. Most of the developments in Swansea (Marina/Quadrant) happened pre-devolution. Unfortunately, we can't go back and get rid of that overpaid bunch of charlatants, but we can try and enact change. That's why this petition is so important.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:08 - Dec 22 with 1539 viewsDr_Winston

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:40 - Dec 22 by CopperJack

Swansea Council has far from covered itself in glory (although I think the current administration is showing some ambition to regenerate the city without WAG funding). However, there is very little they can do with next to zero money. Cardiff has things built for it by the WAG (Cardiff Bay/Welsh Assembly/Millenium Centre/St Davids etc) to attract private investment.

Whilst Swansea City centre has never been the pinnacle of town planning, it's widely regarded as having degenerated exponentially since the WAG started pumping all our taxes into Cardiff. Most of the developments in Swansea (Marina/Quadrant) happened pre-devolution. Unfortunately, we can't go back and get rid of that overpaid bunch of charlatants, but we can try and enact change. That's why this petition is so important.

The town centre has degenerated since Swansea council encouraged out of town strip malls (Morfa, Fforestfach) whilst at the same time making it even harder to get into town to do some shopping unless you're on a bus. Kingsway and High Street have been allowed to die or be taken over by undesirables. Shitty planning like that is not down to the WAG.

If Goverment funding is not forthcoming then we need to work a lot harder to encourage it from the private sector.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:11 - Dec 22 with 1520 viewsKingstonJack

Signed, fwiw, though great intention.

I was "home" in Swansea last week and, again, shocked by the state of the city.

What muppets have been paid a salary & pension to plan the Kingsway? 😳
There seemed an air of depression around Swansea Market, this lovely old building needs stalls given backing against closure, struggling to compete with the superstores.
The city centre is losing its character with charity, pawnbroker and phone shops prevalent.
The Patti Pavilion has been merged with a conservatory-looking Indian restaurant (planning permission for this scene from "The Fly"?)
The Meridian Tower sticks out like a thumb whether you like it or not .

Right now in London, there are 70 skyscrapers being built & another 200 in the pipeline. Many worry about the buildup in London, but private sector is clambering to invest with a slice of the action. Money likes money, businesses want to be built up next to businesses, symbiotically in a way.

I agree with Dr W that it is not just getting the funding, but using the funding wisely.
As far as encouraging investment from the private sector, I believe Swansea Council needs to pull its finger out because the private sector is probably quite reluctant to invest, unless it has confidence in the council's big-picture plan.

Rant over, I just love my home city, not what's happened to it!
[Post edited 22 Dec 2015 13:29]
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:56 - Dec 22 with 1507 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:08 - Dec 22 by Dr_Winston

The town centre has degenerated since Swansea council encouraged out of town strip malls (Morfa, Fforestfach) whilst at the same time making it even harder to get into town to do some shopping unless you're on a bus. Kingsway and High Street have been allowed to die or be taken over by undesirables. Shitty planning like that is not down to the WAG.

If Goverment funding is not forthcoming then we need to work a lot harder to encourage it from the private sector.

The big turn for Swansea happened when St Davids 2 opened and nobody shopped in Swansea anymore. That destroyed places across Wales because at a time when they were spending billions in Cardiff's city centre, we were getting absolutely nothing.

The issues you highlighted - out of town shopping centres/inability to park, is a product of modern cities (none more so than Cardiff) and it has done them no harm. There's not a lot you can do with zero funding. Just an example, each year the WAG spends £20m on maintaining Cardiff Bay. They wouldn't give Swansea £16m to create a second marina in SA1, and used the money they generated from land sales and spent it elsewhere - guess where?

I agree that planning has been crap, but with more money you buy better town planners etc, like the current council are trying to do. But the lack of investment Swansea has received is an abomination.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:27 - Dec 22 with 1489 viewsCopperJack

Further WAG funding into Cardiff - http://gov.wales/newsroom/businessandeconomy/2015/10801034/?lang=en

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 23:18 - Dec 26 with 1416 viewsCopperJack

What's news Langy? Did you get on the Wrexham forum?

Login to get fewer ads

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:41 - Dec 27 with 1391 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 23:18 - Dec 26 by CopperJack

What's news Langy? Did you get on the Wrexham forum?

Nothing yet CJ. I'll try again. I was due to bump this thread but you beat me to it.

What I was going to say, aimed mainly at any supporters from the Llanelli area, is that your AM, Keith Davies, didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my email sent on the 19th. This is what I wrote.

Dear Mr Davies,

A while ago I went to a surgery held by Mike Hedges which was also attended by Carolyn Harris. I explained to them my opinion, which is also that of a large number of people around Wales, that Labour, since the inception of the Assembly, has run Wales in a similar way to how successive Westminster governments have run the UK. By that I mean that the WAG has invested a completely disproportionate amount in Cardiff and the South East to the detriment of the rest of Wales. I also made the same point to Carwyn Jones in his Carwyn Connects session at the Dylan Thomas Centre. Unsurprisingly all three of them disagreed with me.

The main point of this email is to let you know that i’m currently liaising with other Swans supporters on a Swans forum to persuade any of them living in Llanelli to join together to vote you out of the Assembly at the next election. I apologise for putting this so bluntly but the only way Welsh Labour will listen to what people think is if they believe they are going to lose power. We’ll be attempting the same in other constituencies but, with your majority being so slim you are an obvious target for our efforts. Mike, Carolyn and Carwyn all came up with examples of investment in Swansea which I don’t argue with. There’s been investment everywhere. My point is about balance. The billions of private and public money invested in Cardiff while the rest of Wales rots is a national disgrace. Whether you agree or not doesn’t matter. We will be doing all we can to make this happen. I don’t know how many Swans supporters live in the Llanelli constituency but it’s certainly in the hundreds and this will be more than enough to make the difference.

I’d be very interested in your thoughts.

If any of you ARE voters in the Llanelli area i'd be very interested in what you think about the fact that your AM can't be bothered with trivialities like Welsh voters opinions.

I'll resend it.

John
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:03 - Dec 27 with 1379 viewstrampie

Wales does not get its fair share of funding from the Westminster Brit Nats, there is only one party in Wales that will fight this unfairness.

As regards the funding being what it is, then the valleys, West Wales and Mid and North Wales don't seem to get a fair share, as regards Swansea they might get roughly what they should get with Cardiff getting too much as a proportion compared to the rest of Wales.

Good petition by johnlangy having the gumption to do something.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:11 - Dec 27 with 1378 viewsperchrockjack

More criticism of our lovely city them

Well, lifey?

Get the drift.

Shocked is the right word.

What is up for debate is to exactly when the place clearly fell off the scale.

What s happened is urban rape on a massive scale and people are walking around having presided over this carnage.

Hang your fookn heads

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:17 - Dec 27 with 1374 viewsKilkennyjack

We could save £100 billion by not replacing the Trident weapons. Yes thats right the very same weapons that we will never fire. Just a thought.

Beware of the Risen People

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:21 - Dec 27 with 1367 viewsperchrockjack

To be honest paddy, it is.

They protect ,apparently.

I d just be happy to see the monarchy see real cuts and quit their gross largesse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:32 - Dec 27 with 1363 viewslifelong

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:11 - Dec 27 by perchrockjack

More criticism of our lovely city them

Well, lifey?

Get the drift.

Shocked is the right word.

What is up for debate is to exactly when the place clearly fell off the scale.

What s happened is urban rape on a massive scale and people are walking around having presided over this carnage.

Hang your fookn heads

Why do you keep on mentioning me?

Dr Winston is right, Swansea has never been a model city centre, it was busier in the 60's and 70's because there were no out of town shopping areas, the outskirts of the city in those days was far worse than what it is today. The dock area was a complete dump full of derelict buildings, the entrance to the city from the east was a disgrace.

Swansea has improved over the years but more needs to be done regarding transport links and city centre facilities, a bit like many places in this country.

The problem with these types of threads is that they give you the opportunity to jump up on your high horse and look down on Swansea.

I love the place and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:30 - Dec 27 with 1340 viewsexiledclaseboy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:41 - Dec 27 by johnlangy

Nothing yet CJ. I'll try again. I was due to bump this thread but you beat me to it.

What I was going to say, aimed mainly at any supporters from the Llanelli area, is that your AM, Keith Davies, didn't even have the courtesy to reply to my email sent on the 19th. This is what I wrote.

Dear Mr Davies,

A while ago I went to a surgery held by Mike Hedges which was also attended by Carolyn Harris. I explained to them my opinion, which is also that of a large number of people around Wales, that Labour, since the inception of the Assembly, has run Wales in a similar way to how successive Westminster governments have run the UK. By that I mean that the WAG has invested a completely disproportionate amount in Cardiff and the South East to the detriment of the rest of Wales. I also made the same point to Carwyn Jones in his Carwyn Connects session at the Dylan Thomas Centre. Unsurprisingly all three of them disagreed with me.

The main point of this email is to let you know that i’m currently liaising with other Swans supporters on a Swans forum to persuade any of them living in Llanelli to join together to vote you out of the Assembly at the next election. I apologise for putting this so bluntly but the only way Welsh Labour will listen to what people think is if they believe they are going to lose power. We’ll be attempting the same in other constituencies but, with your majority being so slim you are an obvious target for our efforts. Mike, Carolyn and Carwyn all came up with examples of investment in Swansea which I don’t argue with. There’s been investment everywhere. My point is about balance. The billions of private and public money invested in Cardiff while the rest of Wales rots is a national disgrace. Whether you agree or not doesn’t matter. We will be doing all we can to make this happen. I don’t know how many Swans supporters live in the Llanelli constituency but it’s certainly in the hundreds and this will be more than enough to make the difference.

I’d be very interested in your thoughts.

If any of you ARE voters in the Llanelli area i'd be very interested in what you think about the fact that your AM can't be bothered with trivialities like Welsh voters opinions.

I'll resend it.

John

You sent it five days before xmas and you're moaning two days after xmas that you haven't had a reply? If I was Mr Davies I'd be filing you under "vexatious".

Poll: Tory leader

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:43 - Dec 27 with 1315 viewstrampie

It is the rural areas that are disproportionately affected by cuts to key services due to their remote location, Swansea does not do as well as Cardiff but is serviced by the M4 and the Paddington mainline, when the revolutionary defenders of our fair land take over Swansea will have to get in line behind more needy and deserving locations.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:01 - Dec 27 with 1293 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:32 - Dec 27 by lifelong

Why do you keep on mentioning me?

Dr Winston is right, Swansea has never been a model city centre, it was busier in the 60's and 70's because there were no out of town shopping areas, the outskirts of the city in those days was far worse than what it is today. The dock area was a complete dump full of derelict buildings, the entrance to the city from the east was a disgrace.

Swansea has improved over the years but more needs to be done regarding transport links and city centre facilities, a bit like many places in this country.

The problem with these types of threads is that they give you the opportunity to jump up on your high horse and look down on Swansea.

I love the place and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

No, it's never been a model city, and it'll never be Bath. But the disparity between Swansea and Cardiff was not that pronounced until devolution. Swansea had investment and building prior to devolution (marina/Quadrant) both before their equivalent was built in Cardiff at a vastly bigger scale with money from our back pockets.

Certain areas have improved it's true, but the complete lack of investment from the WAG is an absolute disgrace. I love Swansea, as I'm sure we all do, but I want my children to have more opportunities to stay and work here than my generation did.

Regarding Trident, that is a Westminster issue. Our problem is Cardiff Bay. They decide how many is spent in Wales and we have to beg for the pittance they give us. Petitions like this, if supported, should help attract attention to this because at the moment, Carwyn and the rest of his cronies say 'We love Swansea, we've invested loads there' and nobody questions it.

Even this debate is a positive step if it makes people realise how badly our city is being treated. Bravo to Langy for starting it.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:13 - Dec 27 with 1279 viewstrampie

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:01 - Dec 27 by CopperJack

No, it's never been a model city, and it'll never be Bath. But the disparity between Swansea and Cardiff was not that pronounced until devolution. Swansea had investment and building prior to devolution (marina/Quadrant) both before their equivalent was built in Cardiff at a vastly bigger scale with money from our back pockets.

Certain areas have improved it's true, but the complete lack of investment from the WAG is an absolute disgrace. I love Swansea, as I'm sure we all do, but I want my children to have more opportunities to stay and work here than my generation did.

Regarding Trident, that is a Westminster issue. Our problem is Cardiff Bay. They decide how many is spent in Wales and we have to beg for the pittance they give us. Petitions like this, if supported, should help attract attention to this because at the moment, Carwyn and the rest of his cronies say 'We love Swansea, we've invested loads there' and nobody questions it.

Even this debate is a positive step if it makes people realise how badly our city is being treated. Bravo to Langy for starting it.

Its the Brit Nats in Westminster that don't give the WAG enough money, the Brit Nats in the WAG then don't dole the money out fairly.

Vote for Welsh independence and then for a so called Welsh nationalist party, its the way forward.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 1264 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:30 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

You sent it five days before xmas and you're moaning two days after xmas that you haven't had a reply? If I was Mr Davies I'd be filing you under "vexatious".

When I was working I don't remember ever having the whole of Christmas week off. I usually worked up to and including Xmas Eve.

But perhaps you're right ecb. He may have taken a week's holiday. Even politicians are allowed that so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:51 - Dec 27 with 1249 viewsexiledclaseboy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:13 - Dec 27 by johnlangy

When I was working I don't remember ever having the whole of Christmas week off. I usually worked up to and including Xmas Eve.

But perhaps you're right ecb. He may have taken a week's holiday. Even politicians are allowed that so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He also probably has lots of similar correspondence to consider and reply to. I fully support your right to question elected representatives but I think you need to be reasonable in when you expect a reply. Seven working days at least. Ten probably, especially at this time of year.

Poll: Tory leader

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:17 - Dec 28 with 1200 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:13 - Dec 27 by trampie

Its the Brit Nats in Westminster that don't give the WAG enough money, the Brit Nats in the WAG then don't dole the money out fairly.

Vote for Welsh independence and then for a so called Welsh nationalist party, its the way forward.

Whilst I understand where you're coming from, I think that Welsh independence would make the country bankrupt because Welsh Labour have created a wealth bubble in Cardiff and poverty everywhere else.

I think an independent Wales would mean even more money for Cardiff. Pre-1997, the difference between Cardiff & the rest of Wales was not that pronounced; now, it's wider than ever. Personally, I'd like to see the end of devolution. We were better off before the WAG - they've done nothing for Swansea and should hang their heads in shame.

Another plea for those who haven't - please sign and share the petition to create tangible change for Wales & Swansea.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:28 - Dec 28 with 1182 viewstrampie

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:17 - Dec 28 by CopperJack

Whilst I understand where you're coming from, I think that Welsh independence would make the country bankrupt because Welsh Labour have created a wealth bubble in Cardiff and poverty everywhere else.

I think an independent Wales would mean even more money for Cardiff. Pre-1997, the difference between Cardiff & the rest of Wales was not that pronounced; now, it's wider than ever. Personally, I'd like to see the end of devolution. We were better off before the WAG - they've done nothing for Swansea and should hang their heads in shame.

Another plea for those who haven't - please sign and share the petition to create tangible change for Wales & Swansea.

An independent Wales would look after............urgh.........hmm..........Wales.

Wales needs to vote for a proper Welsh party, not a Brit Nats party like Labour [traitors to the working class they are], the party of Wales [Plaid] heartlands are far far away from Cardiff [in Welsh terms], they know what side their bread is buttered and who votes for them.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:48 - Dec 29 with 1152 viewsjohnlangy

Signature numbers are going up but still just short of 200.

Have you signed ? Have you shared on social media ? If not, and you agree with the argument, do it now.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:24 - Dec 29 with 1142 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:28 - Dec 28 by trampie

An independent Wales would look after............urgh.........hmm..........Wales.

Wales needs to vote for a proper Welsh party, not a Brit Nats party like Labour [traitors to the working class they are], the party of Wales [Plaid] heartlands are far far away from Cardiff [in Welsh terms], they know what side their bread is buttered and who votes for them.

Just like a devolved Wales looks after Wales? Wales currently suffers from devolution. I dread to think how badly we'd struggle with them given even more power. Greater power for Cardiff Bay means more money for Cardiff, simple as.

As Langy said, please share and sign. Anyone on any different forums?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:32 - Dec 29 with 1136 viewstrampie

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:24 - Dec 29 by CopperJack

Just like a devolved Wales looks after Wales? Wales currently suffers from devolution. I dread to think how badly we'd struggle with them given even more power. Greater power for Cardiff Bay means more money for Cardiff, simple as.

As Langy said, please share and sign. Anyone on any different forums?

Wales is not a sovereign state its part of the British state and gets less than its fair share from Westminster and is run by Brit Nats not by people that puts Wales first but by people that put the UK nation state first that agree with what their masters in Westminster tell them to do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024