Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES 16:40 - Dec 8 with 13607 viewsjohnlangy

I've created a petition in www.care2.com on the above subject. If you go into the website and enter the petition title 'Invest in the Rest of Wales, not just Cardiff' in the search field the petition will come up.

Sign if you agree and pass on to all your email contacts. If you're on Facebook send it to all your 'friends'. Use any social media outlet you can think of.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:17 - Dec 29 with 1650 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:32 - Dec 29 by trampie

Wales is not a sovereign state its part of the British state and gets less than its fair share from Westminster and is run by Brit Nats not by people that puts Wales first but by people that put the UK nation state first that agree with what their masters in Westminster tell them to do.

Well, depending which way you look at it, Wales & Scotland get more money spent on it (per head of the population) than England - a reason many in England would've been happy to see Scotland leave.

Regardless, since 1997, I've seen no evidence to suggest that an independent Wales would help Swansea. If you consider devolution an experiment for seeing how Wales would cope, what we've learned is that Cardiff would get a vastly disproportionate amount of the investment, and the rest of Wales would suffer. Personally, I'm grateful they currently don't have more powers to inflict more damage on our city - they're causing enough harm as it is with their Cardiff-centric policies. Centralising wealth in Cardiff in a way that would've made Thatcher proud.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:46 - Dec 29 with 1644 viewstrampie

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:17 - Dec 29 by CopperJack

Well, depending which way you look at it, Wales & Scotland get more money spent on it (per head of the population) than England - a reason many in England would've been happy to see Scotland leave.

Regardless, since 1997, I've seen no evidence to suggest that an independent Wales would help Swansea. If you consider devolution an experiment for seeing how Wales would cope, what we've learned is that Cardiff would get a vastly disproportionate amount of the investment, and the rest of Wales would suffer. Personally, I'm grateful they currently don't have more powers to inflict more damage on our city - they're causing enough harm as it is with their Cardiff-centric policies. Centralising wealth in Cardiff in a way that would've made Thatcher proud.

That is because Wales is run by unionists, Brit Nat, GSTQ, Tory, unionists that want to keep in with decedents of the Germanic hordes.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:35 - Dec 29 with 1619 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:17 - Dec 29 by CopperJack

The trouble is, after running the WAG for 16 years Labour keep getting voted back in. As a result they must think, reasonably when you think of it, that they're doing a good job in the right way. Why else do so many people vote for them would be their argument.

The same would apply if Wales was independent. If Labour were in charge and they kept being voted back in they'd think they were doing a good job.

And the whole point of this petition, and the many threads we've had on this subject in the past, is to try to get people to realise you don't just vote Labour regardless. You should vote Labour out if they're doing a crap job and, instead, vote others in who convince us with their policies and then hold them to account if they don't do what they promised.

As has been said many times, it's not the institution that's at fault if things aren't working out, it's the people running the institution.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:44 - Dec 29 with 1610 viewsmrrockin

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:35 - Dec 29 by johnlangy

The trouble is, after running the WAG for 16 years Labour keep getting voted back in. As a result they must think, reasonably when you think of it, that they're doing a good job in the right way. Why else do so many people vote for them would be their argument.

The same would apply if Wales was independent. If Labour were in charge and they kept being voted back in they'd think they were doing a good job.

And the whole point of this petition, and the many threads we've had on this subject in the past, is to try to get people to realise you don't just vote Labour regardless. You should vote Labour out if they're doing a crap job and, instead, vote others in who convince us with their policies and then hold them to account if they don't do what they promised.

As has been said many times, it's not the institution that's at fault if things aren't working out, it's the people running the institution.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 08:58 - Dec 30 with 1557 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:46 - Dec 29 by trampie

That is because Wales is run by unionists, Brit Nat, GSTQ, Tory, unionists that want to keep in with decedents of the Germanic hordes.

I'm a unionist and I don't see any relevance to how this impacts how grossly corrupt the WAG is. At the moment there's a Tory government, but there wasn't for some of the 90s, the 00s and right up to the crash. The fact that our monarch partly descends from Germanic blood has literally no relevance to the policies of the government, no more than the fact that many people I know in Wales have some sort of foreign blood in them.

The simple fact is, the Westminster Government give the WAG a certain amount of money (lets not debate how much) and then Cardiff Bay spends a clear majority of that money in turning their capital city into a one-city state. That's where they build their shopping centres, museums, theatres, Waterfront developments, and job creation.

I wouldn't call Carwyn and the rest British nationalists. These are Welsh speaking politicians aimed at driving increasing devolution for Wales, pushing the Welsh language forward and creating a sense of 'them' and 'us' with regards to the rest of the UK.

Swansea did far better before devolution and money was distributed fairly throughout Wales. Devolution was a nice idea in theory, but in practice only one area has benefitted, and that is Cardiff.

However, as Langy rightly pointed out, when Labour keep getting voted back in, they clearly see this as a sign that they're doing well, or that there is enough apathy in the country that they can continue getting away with doing a bad job and won't be voted out. To create change, petitions like this are vital, as is petitioning your AM and voicing your grievances.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:21 - Dec 30 with 1552 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:30 - Dec 27 by exiledclaseboy

You sent it five days before xmas and you're moaning two days after xmas that you haven't had a reply? If I was Mr Davies I'd be filing you under "vexatious".

It turns out you were right ecb. I've just had an email from Keith Davies saying he'll be in his office next week if I want to talk to him.

I'm obviously too impatient .
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:28 - Dec 30 with 1547 viewsmrrockin

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 08:58 - Dec 30 by CopperJack

I'm a unionist and I don't see any relevance to how this impacts how grossly corrupt the WAG is. At the moment there's a Tory government, but there wasn't for some of the 90s, the 00s and right up to the crash. The fact that our monarch partly descends from Germanic blood has literally no relevance to the policies of the government, no more than the fact that many people I know in Wales have some sort of foreign blood in them.

The simple fact is, the Westminster Government give the WAG a certain amount of money (lets not debate how much) and then Cardiff Bay spends a clear majority of that money in turning their capital city into a one-city state. That's where they build their shopping centres, museums, theatres, Waterfront developments, and job creation.

I wouldn't call Carwyn and the rest British nationalists. These are Welsh speaking politicians aimed at driving increasing devolution for Wales, pushing the Welsh language forward and creating a sense of 'them' and 'us' with regards to the rest of the UK.

Swansea did far better before devolution and money was distributed fairly throughout Wales. Devolution was a nice idea in theory, but in practice only one area has benefitted, and that is Cardiff.

However, as Langy rightly pointed out, when Labour keep getting voted back in, they clearly see this as a sign that they're doing well, or that there is enough apathy in the country that they can continue getting away with doing a bad job and won't be voted out. To create change, petitions like this are vital, as is petitioning your AM and voicing your grievances.

Yep, the professional Welshmen can accept that fact that under devolution we've lost out. It's only going to get worse as the Cardiff Elite become more entrenched and the same sub par politicians keep getting voted back in.

Next year AM's will be paid 64k a year that compares to MP's who get 67k a year - in London.

64k a year, ffs.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 22:47 - Jan 1 with 1514 viewsCopperJack

I've been looking at the Assembly results from 2011. It'd take an act of God to dislodge Mike Hedges from his seat based on the 2011 results (majority of 9000), Julie James has a 4000 majority.

In Gower, Edwina Hart (who is, ironically, the Minister for the economy and has to bare some responsibility for the disparity of investment into Cardiff) has a majority of 4000 but, following the GE results, she may be slightly more nervous about how secure her cosy position as AM is after the next election. If we can get this petition to take off, and get it to the attention of an AM like her, with real influence in the assembly, then we may have a change at creating tangible change.

Again, sign and share. If she is your AM, please do write to her: http://www.senedd.assembly.wales/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=155

Login to get fewer ads

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:38 - Jan 2 with 1473 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 22:47 - Jan 1 by CopperJack

I've been looking at the Assembly results from 2011. It'd take an act of God to dislodge Mike Hedges from his seat based on the 2011 results (majority of 9000), Julie James has a 4000 majority.

In Gower, Edwina Hart (who is, ironically, the Minister for the economy and has to bare some responsibility for the disparity of investment into Cardiff) has a majority of 4000 but, following the GE results, she may be slightly more nervous about how secure her cosy position as AM is after the next election. If we can get this petition to take off, and get it to the attention of an AM like her, with real influence in the assembly, then we may have a change at creating tangible change.

Again, sign and share. If she is your AM, please do write to her: http://www.senedd.assembly.wales/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=155

But the most vulnerable is Keith James in Llanelli who i'll be in touch with this coming week. His majority is just 80. Do any of you know Swans supporters from Lalnelli ? Pass on their user names if you will and i'll pm them to suss out their voting intentions for next year.

The petition signature number is stuck at 195 for the last two days. Again, as CJ says, if you haven't signed or if you haven't shared on social media do it now IF you agree with the sentiment.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:26 - Jan 3 with 1428 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:40 - Dec 16 by johnlangy

I created an id on Wrexham's Redpassion site and am waiting on an admin person to authorise me so I can spread the word there. Nothing's happened yet so maybe they think i'll be naughty. Can't imagine why.

I've now got access to the Redpassion site and have just created this thread.

Petition Against Unfair WAG Funding in Wales

Please take the time to check out this thread (even though I'm a Swans supporter ).

I've started a petition on the above subject and wanted to spread the word wherever I can. As WAG infrastructure funding in North Wales is disgracefully low in comparison with Cardiff and the South East maybe you'd be interested in signing the petition and, hopefully, spreading the word around social media.

A journalist by the name of Rachel Flint recently produced an article in the Daily Post which said that funding in the North is around £500 per head while in the South it's around £1300 per head (not the exact figures because I haven't got access to the article any more but a close approximation). Whenever things like this are published people in South West Wales cringe because they don't show the disparity between South West and South East Wales. It's HUGE. This isn't an argument for more funding in Swansea because the amount spent here may be the correct level. But the amount spent in Cardiff is disgracefully out of proportion even allowing for the greater population and the fact that Cardiff is the Capital (spits on floor).

And they will soon be spending £3 billion more there on infrastructure (the Metro and M4 relief road). Imagine what could be done with that money if it was spread around North, Mid and West Wales. Or imagine if it was used to create, or at least start, the building of a decent North/South road. That one project alone would do more to bind us together as a country than anything. As things stand many (most ?) people in the North seem to feel as if the North and South are two separate countries.

I tried to contact Rachel Flint by email about her article but got no reply. If any of you write letters to the Post maybe you could namecheck her to get her attention. Just a thought.

Anyway I don't want to go on for too long. If you want to check out the Swans fansnetwork non-football forum there's a thread with the same title. And the petition has been created on Care2 (largest online community for healthy and green living, human rights and animal welfare) with a title of 'Invest In the Rest of Wales, Not Just Cardiff'. We're trying to generate enough signatures to be able to put some pressure on local AM's with slim majorities (Keith Davies in Llanelli for example) ahead of the WAG election this year.

Hopefully this will give the signature count a boost. It's been stuck on 195 for the last few days which isn't brilliant.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:37 - Jan 3 with 1416 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:26 - Jan 3 by johnlangy

Please take the time to check out this thread (even though I'm a Swans supporter ).

I've started a petition on the above subject and wanted to spread the word wherever I can. As WAG infrastructure funding in North Wales is disgracefully low in comparison with Cardiff and the South East maybe you'd be interested in signing the petition and, hopefully, spreading the word around social media.

A journalist by the name of Rachel Flint recently produced an article in the Daily Post which said that funding in the North is around £500 per head while in the South it's around £1300 per head (not the exact figures because I haven't got access to the article any more but a close approximation). Whenever things like this are published people in South West Wales cringe because they don't show the disparity between South West and South East Wales. It's HUGE. This isn't an argument for more funding in Swansea because the amount spent here may be the correct level. But the amount spent in Cardiff is disgracefully out of proportion even allowing for the greater population and the fact that Cardiff is the Capital (spits on floor).

And they will soon be spending £3 billion more there on infrastructure (the Metro and M4 relief road). Imagine what could be done with that money if it was spread around North, Mid and West Wales. Or imagine if it was used to create, or at least start, the building of a decent North/South road. That one project alone would do more to bind us together as a country than anything. As things stand many (most ?) people in the North seem to feel as if the North and South are two separate countries.

I tried to contact Rachel Flint by email about her article but got no reply. If any of you write letters to the Post maybe you could namecheck her to get her attention. Just a thought.

Anyway I don't want to go on for too long. If you want to check out the Swans fansnetwork non-football forum there's a thread with the same title. And the petition has been created on Care2 (largest online community for healthy and green living, human rights and animal welfare) with a title of 'Invest In the Rest of Wales, Not Just Cardiff'. We're trying to generate enough signatures to be able to put some pressure on local AM's with slim majorities (Keith Davies in Llanelli for example) ahead of the WAG election this year.

Hopefully this will give the signature count a boost. It's been stuck on 195 for the last few days which isn't brilliant.

Brilliant, Langy. Well done. Let us know what they have to say, I imagine they'll have some vitriolic response because they probably (sadly) associate us with them up the road. Still, as you say, hopefully this will help boost things. I fear the current response will generate next to no impact.

It's sad because so many people on here have complained about the lack of funding Swansea (and the rest of Wales) receives, yet so many actually seem willing to do anything about it - something as small as attaching a signature to an online petition.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:03 - Jan 3 with 1405 viewstrampie

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:26 - Jan 3 by johnlangy

Yes exactly, I'm supportive of your petition but its possible, likely even, that Swansea gets its fair share but the North, Mid, West and Valleys don't, I think from the wording of our posts that you realise that is a possibility.

And some parts of the West and particularly the Valleys may need more investment than it should have just to get it back up to par.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:45 - Jan 4 with 1354 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:37 - Jan 3 by CopperJack

Brilliant, Langy. Well done. Let us know what they have to say, I imagine they'll have some vitriolic response because they probably (sadly) associate us with them up the road. Still, as you say, hopefully this will help boost things. I fear the current response will generate next to no impact.

It's sad because so many people on here have complained about the lack of funding Swansea (and the rest of Wales) receives, yet so many actually seem willing to do anything about it - something as small as attaching a signature to an online petition.

Well, it's had 79 reads so far, no replies and no extra signatures.

Not what you'd call a galvanising effect.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:29 - Jan 4 with 1342 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:45 - Jan 4 by johnlangy

Similar to this thread.

Like I say, it's sad when you consider how many people complain about the WAG.

If you don't try to change it the way things are, then I don't really see how people can have the right to complain about the status quo, which will inevitably continue under the current administration.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:02 - Jan 4 with 1323 viewstrampie

Wrexham is a red Tory stronghold mind, Wrexham, Swansea, Cardiff and Newport all Tory strongholds whether red or blue with some yellows, those areas therefore do have something in common.

Whether you can get the petition to the notice of people in the Llyn peninsular or the Towy valley is another matter, lots of potential support there [although they are getting infiltrated by outsiders] they would probably support the WAG and want funds taken from Cardiff and given to other areas.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 12:10]

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:33 - Jan 7 with 1248 viewsCopperJack

I see they're pushing forward this 'city deal' for Cardiff. You'd never think it was first discussed down here would you? Ours has clearly been forgotten. Couldn't make it up

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:42 - Jan 7 with 1244 viewsHighjack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:45 - Jan 4 by johnlangy

More people are willing to sign a petition if it involves them being offended by some z list celebrity.

Sad but it's the modern world.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:47 - Jan 7 with 1240 viewsCopperJack

'The Welsh government pledged £580m and the councils £120m, while £580m from the Treasury would make the deal worth £1.3bn.' - Yet they didn't have £16m to invest in SA1. If this doesn't make you take action, frankly, nothing will.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-35251037

Swansea will continue to suffer, and if you don't want your city to descend into an economic disaster where the next generation will have to leave to find employment, then sign the petition and, importantly, write to your AM to complain.

Edwina.Hart@assembly.wales
Mike.Hedges@assembly.wales
Julie.James@assembly.wales

Write to them, and ask them how they can afford this yet never have any money to pump into regenerating Swansea, and no, a new hospital doesn't count.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:09 - Jan 9 with 1176 viewstrampie

Seems like Leanne Wood has come up trumps.
johnlangy and Cooperman will be pleased I would have thought judging by this thread.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:21 - Jan 9 with 1165 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:09 - Jan 9 by trampie

Seems like Leanne Wood has come up trumps.
johnlangy and Cooperman will be pleased I would have thought judging by this thread.

Well I certainly am Trampie.

I sent this email to Plaid on 22nd November.

I was reading page 4 of the outline manifesto which refers to a ‘Build 4 Wales’ scheme to finance vital infrastructure projects in Wales. It says ‘This Investment in all parts of Wales’ will ..... etc etc, ‘Plaid Cymru will ensure that all parts of Wales will benefit from infrastructure investment, better connected communities ...........’ etc etc.

I went to one of Bethan Jenkins surgeries a while ago and talked about investment in Wales and how it was so unfairly centred around Cardiff. I said that Plaid should, in their manifesto, state that they would ensure that investment was distributed fairly around all of Wales, even positively discriminating against the South East as that area has had far more than it’s fair share for the last 16 years.

I recently created a thread on a Swansea City Football Club non-football forum about this subject. The thread had 70 replies and over 5000 reads. No one argued against the arguments put forward about investment. The point i’d like to make is that all these people agree that Labour are letting the rest of Wales down with regard to investment and could be persuaded to vote Plaid if only to get Labour out. With the Labour majority in Llanelli being wafer thin a fair number of those readers would be from Llanelli, and others would know Swans supporters from Llanelli so, with a concerted effort we would probably have the numbers to overturn that majority.

The question is, what is actually going to be in the final version of the manifesto that would persuade these people to vote Plaid. Some of the people that comment on this forum say they don’t vote because no party represents them, other parties would do the same (invest in the Cardiff area in the same unfair way), some ask would Plaid be different from Labour, some say Plaid are in bed with Labour. Whatever the merits of those comments the most important thing is that there are a fairly substantial number of votes to be won which could make the difference between Labour being voted back in and Plaid winning Llanelli back.

I’d be interested in any thoughts you may have regarding the above and what the plans are for the final wording of the manifesto in regard to this point.

I got no response to the email and I don't imagine it had much of an effect on their decision making in regard to the press statement but, as has been said many times, if you say nothing your opinion will never be heard.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:58 - Jan 9 with 1150 viewstrampie

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:21 - Jan 9 by johnlangy

Well I certainly am Trampie.

I sent this email to Plaid on 22nd November.

I was reading page 4 of the outline manifesto which refers to a ‘Build 4 Wales’ scheme to finance vital infrastructure projects in Wales. It says ‘This Investment in all parts of Wales’ will ..... etc etc, ‘Plaid Cymru will ensure that all parts of Wales will benefit from infrastructure investment, better connected communities ...........’ etc etc.

I went to one of Bethan Jenkins surgeries a while ago and talked about investment in Wales and how it was so unfairly centred around Cardiff. I said that Plaid should, in their manifesto, state that they would ensure that investment was distributed fairly around all of Wales, even positively discriminating against the South East as that area has had far more than it’s fair share for the last 16 years.

I recently created a thread on a Swansea City Football Club non-football forum about this subject. The thread had 70 replies and over 5000 reads. No one argued against the arguments put forward about investment. The point i’d like to make is that all these people agree that Labour are letting the rest of Wales down with regard to investment and could be persuaded to vote Plaid if only to get Labour out. With the Labour majority in Llanelli being wafer thin a fair number of those readers would be from Llanelli, and others would know Swans supporters from Llanelli so, with a concerted effort we would probably have the numbers to overturn that majority.

The question is, what is actually going to be in the final version of the manifesto that would persuade these people to vote Plaid. Some of the people that comment on this forum say they don’t vote because no party represents them, other parties would do the same (invest in the Cardiff area in the same unfair way), some ask would Plaid be different from Labour, some say Plaid are in bed with Labour. Whatever the merits of those comments the most important thing is that there are a fairly substantial number of votes to be won which could make the difference between Labour being voted back in and Plaid winning Llanelli back.

I’d be interested in any thoughts you may have regarding the above and what the plans are for the final wording of the manifesto in regard to this point.

I got no response to the email and I don't imagine it had much of an effect on their decision making in regard to the press statement but, as has been said many times, if you say nothing your opinion will never be heard.

As regards Plaid investment they would no doubt share it around Wales, their heartlands are far away from Cardiff in Welsh terms in largely rural areas, they are also a social justice party and believe in equality so with them in charge no doubt they would make sure every area has its fair share.

As regards them getting in, unfortunately the Welsh Labour party and the press in Wales has ensured that wont happen as they have used scaremongering tactics and been disingenuous towards Plaid for decades, they won't take Plaid on in a debate on policies but will just try and discredit and belittle them and this is backed up by the media.

Thatcher won the war as regards seeing off socialist policies by appealing to peoples greed and turning tax into a dirty word and the unionists have won the war as regards painting Plaid as something they are not in Wales [not the case in Scotland as the SNP are doing well].

As regards Plaid, they don't help themselves as they are too nice, they don't want to offend anyone mainly because of the press waiting for any opportunity to blacken their name, they should be constantly attacking their rivals but they don't do it, they just say these are our policies.

I heard a story that Plaid won control of a large council back in the day, a Labour stronghold, all the areas that needed council investment were Labour wards, Plaid poured money into those deprived areas the areas that were not so badly off had voted Plaid, come the next local elections the one time Labour voters that had finally decided to vote Plaid thought 'hang about' those in the next village had their village hall done out and we had nothing and so on, so they went back to voting Labour and the poor areas that did well out of Plaid continued to vote Labour as they had always done so Labour got back in with ease [never under estimate villagism in Wales, Wales is very tribal].

So that is an issue for Plaid if they ever do well, should they stick to their principles and divert resources to where its needed or look after the areas were the people voted for them when other areas might be more needy, the Conservatives are well known for looking after their own.
Plaid can be to idealistic and principled for their own good sometimes.

Do you think I should advise them johnlangy ?, if so I would advise attack,attack,attack other parties policies and if they get in I would tell them not to change their principles but just to remember who voted for them [its only what the Conservatives do].

PS I'm hearing a Plaid Government would match the Cardiff deal for Swansea, apparently they want to spread prosperity to all corners of Wales.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 15:21]

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:40 - Jan 9 with 1108 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:58 - Jan 9 by trampie

As regards Plaid investment they would no doubt share it around Wales, their heartlands are far away from Cardiff in Welsh terms in largely rural areas, they are also a social justice party and believe in equality so with them in charge no doubt they would make sure every area has its fair share.

As regards them getting in, unfortunately the Welsh Labour party and the press in Wales has ensured that wont happen as they have used scaremongering tactics and been disingenuous towards Plaid for decades, they won't take Plaid on in a debate on policies but will just try and discredit and belittle them and this is backed up by the media.

Thatcher won the war as regards seeing off socialist policies by appealing to peoples greed and turning tax into a dirty word and the unionists have won the war as regards painting Plaid as something they are not in Wales [not the case in Scotland as the SNP are doing well].

As regards Plaid, they don't help themselves as they are too nice, they don't want to offend anyone mainly because of the press waiting for any opportunity to blacken their name, they should be constantly attacking their rivals but they don't do it, they just say these are our policies.

I heard a story that Plaid won control of a large council back in the day, a Labour stronghold, all the areas that needed council investment were Labour wards, Plaid poured money into those deprived areas the areas that were not so badly off had voted Plaid, come the next local elections the one time Labour voters that had finally decided to vote Plaid thought 'hang about' those in the next village had their village hall done out and we had nothing and so on, so they went back to voting Labour and the poor areas that did well out of Plaid continued to vote Labour as they had always done so Labour got back in with ease [never under estimate villagism in Wales, Wales is very tribal].

So that is an issue for Plaid if they ever do well, should they stick to their principles and divert resources to where its needed or look after the areas were the people voted for them when other areas might be more needy, the Conservatives are well known for looking after their own.
Plaid can be to idealistic and principled for their own good sometimes.

Do you think I should advise them johnlangy ?, if so I would advise attack,attack,attack other parties policies and if they get in I would tell them not to change their principles but just to remember who voted for them [its only what the Conservatives do].

PS I'm hearing a Plaid Government would match the Cardiff deal for Swansea, apparently they want to spread prosperity to all corners of Wales.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 15:21]

Email just sent direct to Leanne Wood. I've suggested that she use the SWEP as her media weapon of choice instead of the Cardiff based media as her target audience is here not there. I suggested that she gets the investment and infrastructure statements from the outline manifesto mentioned earlier in the thread emblazoned across the EP for all to see.

As regards where they should invest, if they were to have the opportunity, it would have to be where needed because that's precisely what we're talking about all the time, investing in the rest of Wales. The whole of the rest of it.

I'll report back.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:55 - Jan 9 with 1105 viewsymaohyd

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:40 - Jan 9 by johnlangy

Email just sent direct to Leanne Wood. I've suggested that she use the SWEP as her media weapon of choice instead of the Cardiff based media as her target audience is here not there. I suggested that she gets the investment and infrastructure statements from the outline manifesto mentioned earlier in the thread emblazoned across the EP for all to see.

As regards where they should invest, if they were to have the opportunity, it would have to be where needed because that's precisely what we're talking about all the time, investing in the rest of Wales. The whole of the rest of it.

I'll report back.

I've signed your petition and emailed Carwyn.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 1100 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:55 - Jan 9 by ymaohyd

Well done. The more the merrier.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:28 - Jan 9 with 1084 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:55 - Jan 9 by ymaohyd

Marvellous, what did you say? Bravo! Action will change things, well done.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024