Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES 16:40 - Dec 8 with 13632 viewsjohnlangy

I've created a petition in www.care2.com on the above subject. If you go into the website and enter the petition title 'Invest in the Rest of Wales, not just Cardiff' in the search field the petition will come up.

Sign if you agree and pass on to all your email contacts. If you're on Facebook send it to all your 'friends'. Use any social media outlet you can think of.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:07 - Jan 25 with 1732 viewsPrivate_Partz

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:45 - Jan 19 by CopperJack

No response from JJ is a shambles. I'll send another email soon.

Any news from Carywn Ymaohyd?

Just to keep the pot boiling...... BBC Cardiff reporting tonight how the cities of Newport and Swansea are not doing well at all with regards to wages, jobs and welfare bills. They say Cardiff is doing much better 'which is hardly surprising considering it is a Capitol'....... Or regional mid sized city as described by SWEP........

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 20:06 - Jan 26 with 1672 viewsSwanzay

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:07 - Jan 25 by Private_Partz

Just to keep the pot boiling...... BBC Cardiff reporting tonight how the cities of Newport and Swansea are not doing well at all with regards to wages, jobs and welfare bills. They say Cardiff is doing much better 'which is hardly surprising considering it is a Capitol'....... Or regional mid sized city as described by SWEP........

This stinks too:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-35410374
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 20:36 - Jan 26 with 1656 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 19:07 - Jan 25 by Private_Partz

I know, they scarcely draw reference to the fact that they put most of the well paying public sector jobs (Welsh government/BBC) in Cardiff. If they were in Swansea, then they would make a huge difference to our economy, but they don't. In fact, they closed the one studio that the BBC had in Swansea.

There's an old cliche that you get the government you deserve - as you can see from the sheer apathy which has met Langy's petition, maybe the people of Swansea deserve a government that's going to ignore them. As you've seen over the past few days, loads of people have complained about the state of the city centre etc, but very few are even willing to put their signature on a petition to try and create a fuss. They're being taken for granted and they love it - very strange situation.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:09 - Jan 29 with 1607 viewsjohnlangy

I sent this email to thewalesreport@bbc.co.uk a short while ago.

On the Wales Report programme this week, after one of the guests referred to investment Bethan Rhys Roberts said the points mentioned were all based in the South, none in the North but that debate is for another programme.

Can I ask if/when a programme covering investment in Wales is planned ? Also, could I make a suggestion. The person referred to the need for the M4 relief road, the bringing of a major football tournament to Cardiff and the proposed Cardiff City deal. What Bethan should have said is that all these are South East based not South. If a programme is set up would you please talk about investment in the South East compared with the rest of Wales, not South v North because that is the debate that should be had.

I'll let you know the response.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:55 - Jan 29 with 1595 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 10:09 - Jan 29 by johnlangy

I sent this email to thewalesreport@bbc.co.uk a short while ago.

On the Wales Report programme this week, after one of the guests referred to investment Bethan Rhys Roberts said the points mentioned were all based in the South, none in the North but that debate is for another programme.

Can I ask if/when a programme covering investment in Wales is planned ? Also, could I make a suggestion. The person referred to the need for the M4 relief road, the bringing of a major football tournament to Cardiff and the proposed Cardiff City deal. What Bethan should have said is that all these are South East based not South. If a programme is set up would you please talk about investment in the South East compared with the rest of Wales, not South v North because that is the debate that should be had.

I'll let you know the response.

Well done Langy. Although, I highly suspect BBC Cardiff won't give it the time of day, they never do. But still, we can only try. I'll be writing another email to Julie James this week letting her know that her lack of response has been noted ahead of the forthcoming Assembly Elections.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:00 - Jan 29 with 1574 viewswestside

BBC Wales Report did a program previously about city regions but the program was all about the Cardiff city region and that former head of wru lewis calling for millions for Cardiff metro etc. Yet hardly a mention of the Swansea bay city region so I put in a complaint about it. Shocking Cardiff centric coverage.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:04 - Jan 30 with 1532 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:00 - Jan 29 by westside

BBC Wales Report did a program previously about city regions but the program was all about the Cardiff city region and that former head of wru lewis calling for millions for Cardiff metro etc. Yet hardly a mention of the Swansea bay city region so I put in a complaint about it. Shocking Cardiff centric coverage.

To be expected westside.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:18 - Jan 30 with 1521 viewsjohnlangy

I received an election leaflet today from Rebecca Evans which explains how wonderfully Labour has run Wales, in spite of those naughty Tories, and how she would be honoured to represent me as my Assembly Member for Gower. It brought tears to my eyes.

Here's the mail.

Dear Rebecca,

I received your election leaflet through the post today and am contacting you to explain why I won’t be voting for you in May and also why I am in the process of doing my best to persuade Labour voters in Llanelli to vote Plaid rather than Labour. The reason I mention Llanelli specifically is because Mr Davies has just an 80 majority and will be the easiest to unseat.

Over the last few months I have spoken face to face with Mike Hedges and Carolyn Harris at one of their surgeries. I have also spoken to Carwyn Jones, from the audience, at his Carwyn Connects visit to the Dylan Thomas Centre. In your leaflet you talk about what Labour has done but what I highlighted to all three was what you haven’t done in terms of spreading investment around Wales. The WAG has been in existence now for 17 years and in that time has concentrated so much investment in Cardiff and the South East that Wales is now resembling a small version of the UK where London has been promoted over the decades to the detriment of the rest of the UK. That is exactly what Labour has done and it is shameful. All three, Mike, Carolyn and Carwyn, talked about the investments that have been made in Swansea. What they said was perfectly correct but what i’m talking about is the incredible disparity between Cardiff and the Rest Of Wales (I must emphasise that i’m talking about the whole of Wales here, not just Swansea).

There has been a lot of money spent recently in Swansea on the Bay Campus and Morriston Hospital to give two examples but, without looking into it i’m certain that there have also been investments in schools, colleges and hospitals in Cardiff. The investment i’m talking about is the type that will create wealth. Over the last couple of decades billions has been invested in Cardiff. Most of it is private money but the government has used a huge amount of our money also creating the environment that has persuaded those investors to come to Cardiff. And now that they’ve created the magnet that Cardiff currently is for jobs, sport and culture they are using that as an excuse to argue that they now need to borrow billions (which people from ALL of Wales will have to pay back) to invest in infrastructure improvements because the current infrastructure is struggling to cope. And what, I wonder, will happen in 10 years time when the new improved infrastructure has ensured that even more people will want to get into Cardiff for the jobs, sport and culture. More infrastructure improvements maybe ?

I’d be very interested in your opinion on the above points.

My breath is bated.
Login to get fewer ads

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:02 - Feb 3 with 1476 viewsCopperJack

The Welsh Government delay more funding into the Mumbles Pier regeneration. Couldn't make it up. They were quick enough to stump up the cash when it was Penarth Pier -

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Mumbles-Pier-foreshore-scheme-frustratio

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:30 - Feb 5 with 1432 viewsPrivate_Partz

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 09:02 - Feb 3 by CopperJack

The Welsh Government delay more funding into the Mumbles Pier regeneration. Couldn't make it up. They were quick enough to stump up the cash when it was Penarth Pier -

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Mumbles-Pier-foreshore-scheme-frustratio

Mumbles Pier is now a complete embarrassment. Closed for investigative / remedial work and was due to reopen 1st February. By reopen I mean walking across safety board's laid over the rotting structure so you can get to the perfectly maintained bit of pier that houses the new lifeboat station. It remains shut and I overheard one of the RNLI employees apologising to Joe Public outside the locked entrance.
Our politicians and AMs should be up in arms over this but as usual Peter Black is the only one raising the subject. I am not a Liberal voter but Peter seems to be the only one prepared to stand up to the Cardiff Centic politics of WAG

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:22 - Feb 5 with 1402 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Signed petition today.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:40 - Feb 5 with 1393 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:22 - Feb 5 by felixstowe_jack

Signed petition today.

Well done.

I've finally had a reply from Keith Davies (Llanelli Labour AM) about a face to face chat. This is his email response (sent only after another prompt from me).

John
I am standing down and so will not be a candidate in May . Therefore I don’t think a meeting for us is useful to either you or me.
Regards
Keith

Fair comment but a professional response would have included the name and email address of the person standing in his place. I'll find it myself and try to arrange a chat with them.

John
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:00 - Feb 6 with 1343 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:40 - Feb 5 by johnlangy

Well done.

I've finally had a reply from Keith Davies (Llanelli Labour AM) about a face to face chat. This is his email response (sent only after another prompt from me).

John
I am standing down and so will not be a candidate in May . Therefore I don’t think a meeting for us is useful to either you or me.
Regards
Keith

Fair comment but a professional response would have included the name and email address of the person standing in his place. I'll find it myself and try to arrange a chat with them.

John

Sent a second email to Julie James who finally responded (a month later). Basically said that they invest loads in Swansea because they built us a hospital and they're putting £20m towards our city centre regeneration. I asked was this comparable to the sums they invested into Cardiff Bay & St Davids...needless to say, I've had no response.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:48 - Feb 6 with 1333 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well done.

John
Regards
Keith

John

Basically 'I am off and I don't give a stuff!' I bet he was a right little tree uprooter in the Senedd. It is true. We get the politicians we deserve.
He could have been even more professional and passed your communication on to the new Welsh Labour candidate. Obviously he had no concern about how they fare.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:52 - Feb 6 with 1331 viewsPrivate_Partz

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:00 - Feb 6 by CopperJack

Sent a second email to Julie James who finally responded (a month later). Basically said that they invest loads in Swansea because they built us a hospital and they're putting £20m towards our city centre regeneration. I asked was this comparable to the sums they invested into Cardiff Bay & St Davids...needless to say, I've had no response.

Very disappointed in Julie James. Her initial communication with voters when she went for the gig was based on fighting Swansea's corner. She has failed in this and become another Edwina Heart and Mike Hedges.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:59 - Feb 6 with 1322 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 11:52 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

Very disappointed in Julie James. Her initial communication with voters when she went for the gig was based on fighting Swansea's corner. She has failed in this and become another Edwina Heart and Mike Hedges.

Spot on. They all toe the party line. I don't see how they can even attempt to say we get good funding...are they relying on us being ignorant? They've spent billions in Cardiff, and are spending more, and we get £20m...lucky us.

But you are right, we get the politicians and government we deserve. If we want change, we need to make it happen, because this lot won't fight for us.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:55 - Feb 8 with 1273 viewsPrivate_Partz

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 20:36 - Jan 26 by CopperJack

I know, they scarcely draw reference to the fact that they put most of the well paying public sector jobs (Welsh government/BBC) in Cardiff. If they were in Swansea, then they would make a huge difference to our economy, but they don't. In fact, they closed the one studio that the BBC had in Swansea.

There's an old cliche that you get the government you deserve - as you can see from the sheer apathy which has met Langy's petition, maybe the people of Swansea deserve a government that's going to ignore them. As you've seen over the past few days, loads of people have complained about the state of the city centre etc, but very few are even willing to put their signature on a petition to try and create a fuss. They're being taken for granted and they love it - very strange situation.

Brian Meechan was just spouting on BBC Wales news how Cardiff are in an excellent position to take advantage of Chinese investment coming this way. Will be interesting to see what efforts WAG will make to ensure the rest of Wales benefits also. As usual the Cardiff investment would be 'for the good of Wales'.
I suspect no one will get a look in outside of the SE.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:05 - Feb 8 with 1262 viewsCopperJack

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 13:55 - Feb 8 by Private_Partz

Brian Meechan was just spouting on BBC Wales news how Cardiff are in an excellent position to take advantage of Chinese investment coming this way. Will be interesting to see what efforts WAG will make to ensure the rest of Wales benefits also. As usual the Cardiff investment would be 'for the good of Wales'.
I suspect no one will get a look in outside of the SE.

We never do. Every year they spend millions bringing test match cricket to Cardiff (£15m for the Ashes), and say it's good for Wales. Nobody outside of Cardiff sees any benefit, but the gullable people of Wales swallow it and keep voting them in for some inexplicable reason.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:04 - Feb 9 with 1229 viewsjohnlangy

Well done.

John
Regards
Keith

John

Still waiting for the info back from Welsh Labour about the candidate at the election. I'll let you know when they respond.
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:49 - Feb 13 with 1147 viewsCopperJack

Julie got back to me about a week ago and espoused the usual party rhetoric that they've given Swansea loads (namely, a hospital/welfare payments/free school meals etc). Naturally, I replied asking whether this is comparable to the handouts received by Cardiff. I sent this two weeks ago, and as yet, had no reply. Seeing as I had to email her twice to receive my first reply, I shan't hold my breath on a second reply -

"Whilst I appreciate that Swansea has indeed received investment from the Welsh Government, do you honestly believe it's comparable to the level of investment which Cardiff has received since devolution?

The investment in Singleton & Morriston Hospitals, for example, whilst a huge stride forward in terms of healthcare for the whole region, is hardly comparable to St Davids or Cardiff Bay in terms of job creation or improving tourism.

The news regarding the investment in the city centre, whilst being an outstanding step forward for the city, is, I believe, overwhelmingly private investment with the Welsh Government giving between £20m-£30m - again, a paltry sum when compared to the hundreds of millions which went in to creating St Davids. Indeed, I read recently that the Welsh Government spends £20m per annum just maintaining Cardiff Bay.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that the new Bay Campus was primarily funded with EU/Rolls Royce/Private investment funding with less than £100m coming from the WAG.

Furthermore, wasn't the Swansea Bay Region first touted as applying for the 'city deal' - an accolade which has quickly become lost in the euphoria of Cardiff's announcement?

I suppose, the point I'm getting at, is that Swansea is crying out for the same government intervention which Cardiff seems to have had repeatedly over the past 20 years.

Cardiff Bay, St Davids, the new BBC HQ, the Millenium Centre, Pinewood Studios, the Ashes, the expansion of PWC etc, have all contributed massively to Cardiff becoming the city it is today. These places have created a wealthy economic bubble which, in Swansea, we are badly lacking, and I'm yet to see any indication that Welsh Labour intends to pour comparable investment into the second city. Can you offer any reassurance that Swansea will ever get a similar investment in terms of wealth & job creation, as these places have done for Cardiff - and not investment in healthcare or schools programmes - but actual job creation & developing tourist destinations?

As I mentioned previously, Birmingham (as England's second city) does host important government buildings like the BBC - at a time when Swansea is losing tax jobs and the remnants of its BBC presence.

I also touched upon the funds which were never spent in SA1 and how Mumbles was overlooked for a similar development in Cardiff (Penarth).

I agree that Swansea has indeed had investment, but can you honestly say that you think it is anywhere near what the city needs, or remotely comparable to that received by the capital city? I truly believe that if any of the establishments mentioned above had been built in Swansea, then their impact would have been far greater (and contributed more to the Welsh economy) than it has in a city which doesn't need anymore government intervention and is becoming an economic powerhouse on its own"

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 17:58 - Feb 13 with 1136 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:49 - Feb 13 by CopperJack

Julie got back to me about a week ago and espoused the usual party rhetoric that they've given Swansea loads (namely, a hospital/welfare payments/free school meals etc). Naturally, I replied asking whether this is comparable to the handouts received by Cardiff. I sent this two weeks ago, and as yet, had no reply. Seeing as I had to email her twice to receive my first reply, I shan't hold my breath on a second reply -

"Whilst I appreciate that Swansea has indeed received investment from the Welsh Government, do you honestly believe it's comparable to the level of investment which Cardiff has received since devolution?

The investment in Singleton & Morriston Hospitals, for example, whilst a huge stride forward in terms of healthcare for the whole region, is hardly comparable to St Davids or Cardiff Bay in terms of job creation or improving tourism.

The news regarding the investment in the city centre, whilst being an outstanding step forward for the city, is, I believe, overwhelmingly private investment with the Welsh Government giving between £20m-£30m - again, a paltry sum when compared to the hundreds of millions which went in to creating St Davids. Indeed, I read recently that the Welsh Government spends £20m per annum just maintaining Cardiff Bay.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that the new Bay Campus was primarily funded with EU/Rolls Royce/Private investment funding with less than £100m coming from the WAG.

Furthermore, wasn't the Swansea Bay Region first touted as applying for the 'city deal' - an accolade which has quickly become lost in the euphoria of Cardiff's announcement?

I suppose, the point I'm getting at, is that Swansea is crying out for the same government intervention which Cardiff seems to have had repeatedly over the past 20 years.

Cardiff Bay, St Davids, the new BBC HQ, the Millenium Centre, Pinewood Studios, the Ashes, the expansion of PWC etc, have all contributed massively to Cardiff becoming the city it is today. These places have created a wealthy economic bubble which, in Swansea, we are badly lacking, and I'm yet to see any indication that Welsh Labour intends to pour comparable investment into the second city. Can you offer any reassurance that Swansea will ever get a similar investment in terms of wealth & job creation, as these places have done for Cardiff - and not investment in healthcare or schools programmes - but actual job creation & developing tourist destinations?

As I mentioned previously, Birmingham (as England's second city) does host important government buildings like the BBC - at a time when Swansea is losing tax jobs and the remnants of its BBC presence.

I also touched upon the funds which were never spent in SA1 and how Mumbles was overlooked for a similar development in Cardiff (Penarth).

I agree that Swansea has indeed had investment, but can you honestly say that you think it is anywhere near what the city needs, or remotely comparable to that received by the capital city? I truly believe that if any of the establishments mentioned above had been built in Swansea, then their impact would have been far greater (and contributed more to the Welsh economy) than it has in a city which doesn't need anymore government intervention and is becoming an economic powerhouse on its own"

Very well said CJ.

I've had a response from Labour about the new AM candidate replacing Keith Davies. His name is Lee Waters
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 18:01 - Feb 13 with 1136 viewsjohnlangy

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 14:49 - Feb 13 by CopperJack

Very well said.

I've had a response from Labour about the new AM candidate replacing Keith Davies. His name is Lee Waters. His email addy is lee@leeforllanelli.wales if anyone else wants to be a pest. I'll be meeting him face to face in the next couple of weeks when we've agreed a date/time and i'll report back..
PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:03 - Feb 15 with 1097 viewsCopperJack

According to today's Cardiff Mail, UKIP are on course to win 9 AMs in the elections. With Plaid also likely to see an increase, and the Labour Party unelectable in the next GE because of Corbyn, there has literally never been a better time to contact your AM and demand investment for your area, or you'll take your vote elsewhere.

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:39 - Mar 6 with 970 viewstrampie

Seeing a report on Plaids conference apparently Plaid will pass a law if they get in in May that every part of Wales gets financially treated fairly.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 947 viewsPrivate_Partz

PETITION AGAINST UNFAIR WAG FUNDING IN WALES on 12:39 - Mar 6 by trampie

Seeing a report on Plaids conference apparently Plaid will pass a law if they get in in May that every part of Wales gets financially treated fairly.

Admirable but I would be interested to see how they enforce that. They seem very light on transport infastructure despite disagreeing with Welsh Labour blowing the whole transport budget on the not needed M4 relief road.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024