Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Shelvey Show 01:39 - Jan 17 with 21295 viewssammylee3

Only we would sell our most talented to relegation rivals Newcastle and only our fans would offer him out, we are DUMB. I'm raving we're in the rele zone :( I did say and everyone gave me sh1t

[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 1:41]
The Shelvey Show on 13:44 - Feb 7 with 1927 viewsjojaca

The Shelvey Show on 13:33 - Feb 7 by AnotherJohn

Indeed. I haven't joined in the recent gloating because this has a habit of coming back to bite people on the bum. Every point Shelvey gets the Toon could be worth huge money, both to them and to us. It is fair to say that Shelvey's assists have played a big part in those four points for Newcastle and I wish we'd found another buyer. Small changes at the margins would probably be enough for both Newcastle and Sunderland to climb out of the bottom three. There is one obvious relegation candidate to take their place - Norwich - but I really hope another one steps forward or we could be back in the frame. At least we didn't sell anybody else to our relegation rivals.

I have never seen a player have so much space as what West Brom give Shelvey yesterday. Shelvey will hurt you with that amount of space and time, but up against a high pressing Leicester type team and Shelvey is anonymous and ineffective.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Shelvey Show on 15:32 - Feb 7 with 1790 viewsAnotherJohn

The Shelvey Show on 13:44 - Feb 7 by jojaca

I have never seen a player have so much space as what West Brom give Shelvey yesterday. Shelvey will hurt you with that amount of space and time, but up against a high pressing Leicester type team and Shelvey is anonymous and ineffective.

Agree. I wasn't saying Shelvey is a great player. It is just that I expect a honeymoon period that will be worth around 5 points before he reverts to mediocrity, and I'd rather the Toon hadn't had that boost.
The Shelvey Show on 16:05 - Feb 7 with 1734 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 20:49 - Feb 4 by Starsky

I don't normally like point scoring but it is against another team rather than amongst ourselves.
And also Mr Parts... If we hadn't sold them Shelvey, they would have bought a more reliable midfielder off someone else anyway.
And if the sale gave us the chance to sign our new forward, then I'd say we've benefitted the most.

I think financial prudence is all well and good but when the chips are down we have to let that slip a little. I am not saying run up massive debts but a £5m to £8m loss by selling Shelvey to Palace would have been well worth it IMHO. The amount is small fry compared to the bigger picture.
Plus of course we could very well be 7 points clear of the chasing pack rather than the four we currently are now.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2016 16:08]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Shelvey Show on 16:07 - Feb 7 with 1728 viewsjasper_T

Palace didn't want him.
The Shelvey Show on 16:11 - Feb 7 with 1714 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 16:07 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

Palace didn't want him.

Not if they had offered 5m and we sold him for 12m. Keep the sod then :-) I still would not have sold him. Get a pay day at the end if the season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Shelvey Show on 16:34 - Feb 7 with 1676 viewsjasper_T

The Shelvey Show on 16:11 - Feb 7 by Private_Partz

Not if they had offered 5m and we sold him for 12m. Keep the sod then :-) I still would not have sold him. Get a pay day at the end if the season.

We only got as much as we did because it was seen as selling to a rival in January.

Can't imagine we'd have got much at all after another few months of sulky nonsense, and Newcastle not at panic stations.

If Shelvey wants to drag Newcastle out of trouble he's welcome to. Just needs to get them 3 points at Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Villa, Palace and Chelsea.
The Shelvey Show on 17:09 - Feb 7 with 1635 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 16:34 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

We only got as much as we did because it was seen as selling to a rival in January.

Can't imagine we'd have got much at all after another few months of sulky nonsense, and Newcastle not at panic stations.

If Shelvey wants to drag Newcastle out of trouble he's welcome to. Just needs to get them 3 points at Norwich, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Villa, Palace and Chelsea.

All scenarios I agree. However If Shelvey had gone on a great sulk he still would have the wayward genius aura about him. I still suspect we would have got at least 5m. Probably more. True Newcastle can help if they take points of our rivals but I would rather not put them in that situation. The more down the bottom the better. Let em all take points off each other.

The Shelvey Show on 19:14 - Feb 7 with 1521 viewsdobjack2

The Shelvey Show on 17:09 - Feb 7 by Private_Partz

All scenarios I agree. However If Shelvey had gone on a great sulk he still would have the wayward genius aura about him. I still suspect we would have got at least 5m. Probably more. True Newcastle can help if they take points of our rivals but I would rather not put them in that situation. The more down the bottom the better. Let em all take points off each other.

Don't sell shelvey and don't get paloschi appeared to be the problem. Unless of course we sold Gomis to them and kept Eder and shelvey.
Login to get fewer ads

The Shelvey Show on 19:50 - Feb 7 with 1489 viewsdougie

Let us not forget that our new manager would never play him . He just does not suit the way the the don wants to play, Arse on the bench or 12 million to buy someone the don wanted. So what if he makes the odd pass for newcastle . Im not worried about newcastle. Lets concentrate on our selves . Norwich will end up bottom. Villa second bottom and then either sunderland or WBA.
The Shelvey Show on 19:51 - Feb 7 with 1484 viewsmonmouth

Load of old arse in my iew. What Shelvey does or doesn't do won't affect us in the least. Newcastle were never going down and without paloschi we may not have got the point at WBA that should have been 3. For us, our manager believed that Paloschi is a better bet than a spoilt me first tw*t that was dragging us down. I don't know how often that needs to be said really. Nor that no other f*cker would be stupid enough to pay that for such a dickhead.

Shelvey is irrelevant. He'll have some decent games some poor ones. they could have easily have bought better for 12m. He's not worth half that. It's time this thread died. Lets have another look in 12 months.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Shelvey Show on 05:07 - Feb 8 with 1346 viewsStarsky

The Shelvey Show on 19:51 - Feb 7 by monmouth

Load of old arse in my iew. What Shelvey does or doesn't do won't affect us in the least. Newcastle were never going down and without paloschi we may not have got the point at WBA that should have been 3. For us, our manager believed that Paloschi is a better bet than a spoilt me first tw*t that was dragging us down. I don't know how often that needs to be said really. Nor that no other f*cker would be stupid enough to pay that for such a dickhead.

Shelvey is irrelevant. He'll have some decent games some poor ones. they could have easily have bought better for 12m. He's not worth half that. It's time this thread died. Lets have another look in 12 months.

I agree with all that except... "Newcastle were never going down"
Really?
Feck my eyes, lol.

It's just the internet, init.

The Shelvey Show on 07:34 - Feb 8 with 1296 viewsAnotherJohn

Of course, if Newcastle are in the frame and anything that improves their situation could make the difference then the rest of the argument falls flat. But I've reached the conclusion that this is a matter of high doctrine; we hate Shelvey ergo Newcastle won't benefit ergo if they do stay up this was preordained all along. Counting how many points he gets them won't have any relevance at all!
The Shelvey Show on 08:29 - Feb 8 with 1231 viewslancasterswan

The Shelvey Show on 19:51 - Feb 7 by monmouth

I agree with all of this. My only regret is that Palace didn't want him. With a devil on my shoulder I would have quite liked reading about a training ground contretemps between Shelvey and Pardew.
The Shelvey Show on 08:33 - Feb 8 with 1228 viewsmonmouth

The Shelvey Show on 05:07 - Feb 8 by Starsky

I agree with all that except... "Newcastle were never going down"
Really?
Feck my eyes, lol.

Poetic licence mun. It suited my point. But, yeah one too many eggs in the pudding, they still easily might. Im just a bit sick of all the shelvey shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Shelvey Show on 20:26 - Feb 8 with 1061 viewsdailew

"Newcastle's £12m purchase of Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey was the best-value signing of the January transfer window, according to a study."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35526983

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Shelvey Show on 20:29 - Feb 8 with 1046 viewsNeathJack

The Shelvey Show on 20:26 - Feb 8 by dailew

"Newcastle's £12m purchase of Swansea midfielder Jonjo Shelvey was the best-value signing of the January transfer window, according to a study."

"Analysis from the CIES Football Observatory says the 23-year-old England international is worth £23.5m. "

Aye, ok then
The Shelvey Show on 20:29 - Feb 8 with 1044 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Shelvey Show on 20:26 - Feb 8 by dailew

Here is the study.

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2015/136/en/

According to this, Newcastle UNDERPAID Swansea by 14.9 million Euros. Also claims that we overpaid slightly (200K Euros) for Paloschi.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2803569/jonjo-shelvey-best-transfer-window-bargain-as

ESPN article about it.

I'm at a total loss for words.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 20:32]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Shelvey Show on 20:34 - Feb 8 with 1023 viewslondonlisa2001

The Shelvey Show on 20:29 - Feb 8 by NeathJack

"Analysis from the CIES Football Observatory says the 23-year-old England international is worth £23.5m. "

Aye, ok then

It's a shame we didn't sell him to them then.
The Shelvey Show on 20:35 - Feb 8 with 1022 viewslondonlisa2001

The Shelvey Show on 20:29 - Feb 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

Here is the study.

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2015/136/en/

According to this, Newcastle UNDERPAID Swansea by 14.9 million Euros. Also claims that we overpaid slightly (200K Euros) for Paloschi.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2803569/jonjo-shelvey-best-transfer-window-bargain-as

ESPN article about it.

I'm at a total loss for words.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 20:32]

see Tummer - those are the American ESPN people, not Hicks :-)
The Shelvey Show on 20:37 - Feb 8 with 1021 viewsNeathJack

The Shelvey Show on 20:34 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

It's a shame we didn't sell him to them then.

The Shelvey Show on 20:58 - Feb 8 with 987 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The Shelvey Show on 20:35 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

see Tummer - those are the American ESPN people, not Hicks :-)

Now now, don't shoot ESPN, who (along with the BBC) are just the messengers.

Blame the Swiss. I've never trusted those neutral bastards.

Contact
CIES Football Observatory
Avenue DuPeyrou 1
2000 Neuchâtel
Switzerland
+41 (0)32 718 39 00
Email: football.observatory@cies.ch

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Shelvey Show on 21:19 - Feb 8 with 953 viewsLord_Bony

Monk says Newcastle can give him the motivation he needs...pity he couldn't have done it...

Apparently,jonjo needs to be playing practically every game and be the centre of attention or he just sulks and does nt perform so good...

Bless it's why he went running to the Geordies saying he was close to tears here...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/monk-newcastle-can-make-shelvey-feel-important

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Shelvey Show on 21:20 - Feb 8 with 948 viewsDarran

The Shelvey Show on 21:19 - Feb 8 by Lord_Bony

Monk says Newcastle can give him the motivation he needs...pity he couldn't have done it...

Apparently,jonjo needs to be playing practically every game and be the centre of attention or he just sulks and does nt perform so good...

Bless it's why he went running to the Geordies saying he was close to tears here...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/monk-newcastle-can-make-shelvey-feel-important

Ferdie.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Shelvey Show on 21:31 - Feb 8 with 924 viewslondonlisa2001

The Shelvey Show on 20:58 - Feb 8 by Tummer_from_Texas

Now now, don't shoot ESPN, who (along with the BBC) are just the messengers.

Blame the Swiss. I've never trusted those neutral bastards.

Contact
CIES Football Observatory
Avenue DuPeyrou 1
2000 Neuchâtel
Switzerland
+41 (0)32 718 39 00
Email: football.observatory@cies.ch

Can only trust them for chocolate, fondue and watches.
The Shelvey Show on 21:50 - Feb 8 with 897 viewsNeathJack

The Shelvey Show on 21:31 - Feb 8 by londonlisa2001

Can only trust them for chocolate, fondue and watches.

Army knives?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024