Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Shelvey Show 01:39 - Jan 17 with 21293 viewssammylee3

Only we would sell our most talented to relegation rivals Newcastle and only our fans would offer him out, we are DUMB. I'm raving we're in the rele zone :( I did say and everyone gave me sh1t

[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 1:41]
The Shelvey Show on 11:38 - Jan 17 with 3926 viewsDarran

The Shelvey Show on 11:36 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

Indeed, it is professionalism and thespians that Kev is talking about and panto only lasts a few months. We are working with young men over a few years here and most of them are not the brightest pennies in the cashbox.
Monk actually was playing him well at he start by openly criticising him and challenging him to get back on top of his game. It worked and I believe this is the way good mangers sort it out. Carrots and sticks. Shipping out should be the last option and never to a relegation rival or any rival for that matter.

No he wasn't talking about panto that only lasts a few months because he doesn't just appear in panto.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Shelvey Show on 11:38 - Jan 17 with 3929 viewsDr_Winston

The Shelvey Show on 11:08 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

You may be right although I think a lot of it has been down to Monk's tinkering and upsetting the patterns of play which have resulted in loss of form right across the board. A good manager will recognise the players that need the carrot and those that need the stick. I doubt this has happened in this guys case.
All irrelevant though. It is the selling off of a player, who is capable of turning a club's season around, to a relegation rival that is the madness in my book. Bringing his replacement in is starting to get pretty urgent as well as other sides around us strengthen. I don't buy that they are bringing in crap. We just go not know how they will fare.

His management of Shelvey was probably the best thing Monk did. The run of form he got out of him post bollocking was arguably the highlight of his time here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Shelvey Show on 11:39 - Jan 17 with 3926 viewsmonmouth

The Shelvey Show on 11:36 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

Indeed, it is professionalism and thespians that Kev is talking about and panto only lasts a few months. We are working with young men over a few years here and most of them are not the brightest pennies in the cashbox.
Monk actually was playing him well at he start by openly criticising him and challenging him to get back on top of his game. It worked and I believe this is the way good mangers sort it out. Carrots and sticks. Shipping out should be the last option and never to a relegation rival or any rival for that matter.

And yet when Monk did that he was slagged off right left and centre on here. Some people are just determined to see the negative in everything I guess.

I'm glad Shelvey's f*cked off and I don't care it's to the Geordies, and I don't care that he did a couple of decent passes vesterday that just happened fortuitously to end in the net.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Shelvey Show on 11:42 - Jan 17 with 3916 viewsdougie

The Shelvey Show on 11:38 - Jan 17 by Dr_Winston

His management of Shelvey was probably the best thing Monk did. The run of form he got out of him post bollocking was arguably the highlight of his time here.

Spot on.
I watched the game yesterday. West ham were very poor and gave him all the room he needed. Its was a great pass but premier league players hit them all the time. It was the full backs speed and cross that was class.
Shelvey did his normal walk around the pitch pointing at everyone. That wont be shown on motd 😂
The Shelvey Show on 12:39 - Jan 17 with 3867 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 11:38 - Jan 17 by Darran

No he wasn't talking about panto that only lasts a few months because he doesn't just appear in panto.

Well the only other gigs I have seen him do is Swansea Sound and charity stuff. Hardly serving under a plethora of directors ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Shelvey Show on 12:45 - Jan 17 with 3855 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 11:39 - Jan 17 by monmouth

And yet when Monk did that he was slagged off right left and centre on here. Some people are just determined to see the negative in everything I guess.

I'm glad Shelvey's f*cked off and I don't care it's to the Geordies, and I don't care that he did a couple of decent passes vesterday that just happened fortuitously to end in the net.

Na can't agree Mon. I would sooner have seem him go for less to Palace. He has already helped Newcastle to 2 points and this could prove vital come the end of the season. I suspect he will get them a few more before the alleged Billy Big Balls syndrome kicks in (assuming it does of course).

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Shelvey Show on 12:50 - Jan 17 with 3847 viewsDarran

The Shelvey Show on 12:39 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

Well the only other gigs I have seen him do is Swansea Sound and charity stuff. Hardly serving under a plethora of directors ;-)

You don't know much then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Shelvey Show on 13:09 - Jan 17 with 3806 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 12:50 - Jan 17 by Darran

You don't know much then.

Cool. I bow do your greater experience. Not slagging Kev off mind. I would vote him in as Mayor. Top bloke and a true Mr Swansea.

Login to get fewer ads

The Shelvey Show on 13:36 - Jan 17 with 3766 viewsImAlrightJack

"Only we"!?, load of rubbish, other teams have done it before.

True Geordie only talks sense when Newcastle lose, when they win its over the top delusion behind an annoying smile. Last season before the final day, he was begging Man United for forgiveness after the things he said in the past, then broke into an awful parody of "Mandy"......
The Shelvey Show on 14:50 - Jan 17 with 3688 viewsdobjack2

The Shelvey Show on 12:45 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

Na can't agree Mon. I would sooner have seem him go for less to Palace. He has already helped Newcastle to 2 points and this could prove vital come the end of the season. I suspect he will get them a few more before the alleged Billy Big Balls syndrome kicks in (assuming it does of course).

Clearly didn't want to be here and if we needed to sell before we could get reinforcements in, the words beggars and choosers Spring to mind
The Shelvey Show on 15:38 - Jan 17 with 3641 viewsStarsky

The Shelvey Show on 12:45 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

As I said earlier. If we hadn't sold him they would have bought someone else anyway.
Probably more reliable

It's just the internet, init.

The Shelvey Show on 22:08 - Feb 3 with 3472 viewspencoedjack

Bump
The Shelvey Show on 22:14 - Feb 3 with 3394 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Thats two defeats now how is Shelvey playing.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Shelvey Show on 22:16 - Feb 3 with 3373 viewsJJJack

The Shelvey Show on 22:08 - Feb 3 by pencoedjack

Bump

Tremendous bit of bumpage. Newcastle can feck right off...have spent £25m+ on players this window and practically to a man, the pundits queuing up this week to masturbate over their new signings and say how they'll stay up and "someone like Swansea" will end up relegated "because they haven't spent enough and sold their best player to Nooooocastle".
What a load of ballacks!
The Shelvey Show on 22:21 - Feb 3 with 3306 viewslancasterswan

Anybody in the know needs to tweet this bloke....

https://twitter.com/g_shelvey

with a message saying 'The guy ain't got a clue'
The Shelvey Show on 22:21 - Feb 3 with 3072 viewsDracan66

From the Newcastle forum:-

Elliot - 8. MOTM again, without him it would have been at least 5-0.

Janmaat - 3. I'm all for my full backs bombing on but it's starting to take the piss now - the bloke just never seems like he's interested in defending.
Mbemba - 3. Looked slow and sloppy and seemed incapable of staying with his man.
Coloccini - 3. Was like a puppet on a string.
Dummett - 2. Pathetic performance, was out of position constantly and just made constant, stupid fouls.

Saivet - 6. Why on earth was he subbed? Easily our best outfield player.
Shelvey - 3. Needs to cut out the constant ridiculous Hollywood passes and actually put some effort in. Is he incapable of running?

Sissoko - 2. Shocking. Absolutely shocking. He couldn't have looked less arsed if he'd pitched up a deckchair and had a nap.
Wijnaldum - 2. Yet again fails to show up away from home.
Townsend - 4. Tried hard but looked rusty and his final ball was severely lacking.

Ayoze - 3. Isolated for large stretches and you could see the frustration boiling over at times. He's not a lone striker, never has been.

Lascelles - 5. Thought he looked ok until he got himself sent off. Idiot.
Aarons - 3. Not a LB, never has been a LB, never will be a LB. For the love of God McClaren stop playing him at f***ing left back!
Mitrović - 4. Came on. Hustled and bustled. Missed another sitter. Rinse and repeat for next game.

McClaren - 1. This rating of 1 is actually justified as I can rarely remember, even from the Pardew days, a manager getting everything so badly wrong. Should never have started with Ayoze up top on his own, should have had some sort of game plan, shouldn't have put Aarons on at LB, shouldn't have subbed Saivet when he did, should have at least gave Doumbia a chance. At the minute I'm struggling to think of who is the better manager between him and Carver as he has done absolutely nothing whatsoever since getting the job to convince me he in any way capable of managing a Premier League team. If we lose to West Brom on Saturday the axe should fall - £80m worth of talent in 6 months and this is what we're being served up? No thanks.
The Shelvey Show on 22:28 - Feb 3 with 2977 viewsItchySphincter

The Shelvey Show on 22:16 - Feb 3 by JJJack

Tremendous bit of bumpage. Newcastle can feck right off...have spent £25m+ on players this window and practically to a man, the pundits queuing up this week to masturbate over their new signings and say how they'll stay up and "someone like Swansea" will end up relegated "because they haven't spent enough and sold their best player to Nooooocastle".
What a load of ballacks!

More like 40M.

They appear to have a severe case of Cardiffcityitis. Entitled beyond belief. F*ck them.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 22:30]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Shelvey Show on 22:37 - Feb 3 with 2876 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 22:28 - Feb 3 by ItchySphincter

More like 40M.

They appear to have a severe case of Cardiffcityitis. Entitled beyond belief. F*ck them.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 22:30]

Indeed the arrogance is incredible. Always been their problem I think. massive support and expectations are so high they eventually eff up who'ever is in charge.
I have to say I am surprised that Shelvey's Billy Big Balls syndrome has kicked in after just one match. I hope it stays that way until the season end. McClaren has a huge job sorting his head out.

The Shelvey Show on 22:49 - Feb 3 with 2755 viewsJJJack

The Shelvey Show on 22:37 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

Indeed the arrogance is incredible. Always been their problem I think. massive support and expectations are so high they eventually eff up who'ever is in charge.
I have to say I am surprised that Shelvey's Billy Big Balls syndrome has kicked in after just one match. I hope it stays that way until the season end. McClaren has a huge job sorting his head out.

Literally as I'm reading this whilst watching the highlights on Sky, the commentator says "....and there's another mistake by Shelvery...that's 3 or 4 passes in quick succession gone astray. He's in the team for his passing, normally so assured but really struggling here."

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.......
The Shelvey Show on 22:58 - Feb 3 with 2672 viewspikeypaul

In hindsight it may have been a blessing Shelvey had a good first game against West Ham,after that he seems to think he is above his team mates with his constant pointing and shouting,it will not be long before his team mates get Ped off with him.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Shelvey Show on 23:03 - Feb 3 with 2600 viewsJJJack

The Shelvey Show on 22:58 - Feb 3 by pikeypaul

In hindsight it may have been a blessing Shelvey had a good first game against West Ham,after that he seems to think he is above his team mates with his constant pointing and shouting,it will not be long before his team mates get Ped off with him.

Since my lost post the highlights have continued on SS1 and Shelvey has contrived to clog someone, head against his own bar (would have been an o.g. but for a great save) , clog someone else and get booked and generally have a shocker.
The Shelvey Show on 08:53 - Feb 4 with 1844 viewsEasternJack

If you've got 1/2 a day spare and need cheering up, have a read of all 56 pages of this Jonjo Shelvey thread from the Newcastle forum

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,97519.0.html

From transfer speculation to today's reality. 24 days to go from ecstatic hope to dejected anger.

Love it. Just Love it!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 8:56]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The Shelvey Show on 09:09 - Feb 4 with 1762 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The Shelvey Show on 08:53 - Feb 4 by EasternJack

If you've got 1/2 a day spare and need cheering up, have a read of all 56 pages of this Jonjo Shelvey thread from the Newcastle forum

From transfer speculation to today's reality. 24 days to go from ecstatic hope to dejected anger.

Love it. Just Love it!

Haha even on page 53 out of 56 they are still positive they've stolen him off us

then it changes quickly

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The Shelvey Show on 09:13 - Feb 4 with 1737 viewsLeonisGod

The Shelvey Show on 08:53 - Feb 4 by EasternJack

Love it. Just Love it!

And more from last night's match. This reply and the thread it's answering sums him up for me. We all knew he wouldn't change. He can be a match winner on his day, but.......

http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8213&start=460#p746528

Edit - i've pasted the wuotes i was talking about below in case you can't be bothered to cluck the link. Sums up Jonjo's time at Liverpool and with us i reckon.

"This. Saivet was passing the ball far better than Shelvey was. I was speaking to a Liverpool fan about him at the weekend who said that he has got bags of ability but he is always trying to play the Hollywood pass when sometimes there's an easier ball on. McClaren manages like a kid playing FM who leaves all the players on " he thinks will always score a goal " if that makes sense?"

And

"Yeah that sounds about right. Shelvey knows he can play that ball so doesn't bother working off the ball either. His pointing and moaning instead of working was disgraceful. If he doesn't up the work rate he'll have the majority turn on him by the summer."

I'm glad he's someone elses problem / enigma now. Good business by Huw again

[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 9:17]
The Shelvey Show on 09:22 - Feb 4 with 1683 viewsLeonisGod

The Shelvey Show on 23:03 - Feb 3 by JJJack

Since my lost post the highlights have continued on SS1 and Shelvey has contrived to clog someone, head against his own bar (would have been an o.g. but for a great save) , clog someone else and get booked and generally have a shocker.

Meanwhile little ol Leon who's place he often took keeps going like clockwork... I know Leon's not the solution to all our problems, but I know who I'd rather have alongside me In a relegation scrap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024