Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Shelvey Show 01:39 - Jan 17 with 21275 viewssammylee3

Only we would sell our most talented to relegation rivals Newcastle and only our fans would offer him out, we are DUMB. I'm raving we're in the rele zone :( I did say and everyone gave me sh1t

[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 1:41]
The Shelvey Show on 01:51 - Jan 17 with 8444 viewsHugeEnkins

You what? When did this happen?! I must have missed it. How come no one has posted about Shelvey until now?
The Shelvey Show on 02:15 - Jan 17 with 8386 viewsChief

just proves how much of a juanka he is, couldn't be bothered to put in a performance for us, as soon as he goes he cares.

Guys a twaart, glad hes gone, we had great money for him, move on Sammy, this love affair will consume you
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 2:15]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Shelvey Show on 08:55 - Jan 17 with 8140 viewsjack247

He wasn't doing it for us. No matter what he says in the press, you could tell from his performances that his heart wasn't in it. Yes, I'd have much rather sold him to Palace or West Ham, on his day he can be quality, I doubt many would argue. He wasn't having those days for us though and if his transfer fee helps us bring in a quality striker, it will be a great deal for us.
The Shelvey Show on 08:56 - Jan 17 with 8124 viewsJethroJack

That was his "one half-decent game in every 6" yesterday. All he proved was what we Jacks (and Scousers) already know, the bloke only "plays" when it suites him. We are WELL RID and £12M to the good.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 8:58]
The Shelvey Show on 08:57 - Jan 17 with 8113 viewsblaine_scfc

The Shelvey Show on 08:55 - Jan 17 by jack247

He wasn't doing it for us. No matter what he says in the press, you could tell from his performances that his heart wasn't in it. Yes, I'd have much rather sold him to Palace or West Ham, on his day he can be quality, I doubt many would argue. He wasn't having those days for us though and if his transfer fee helps us bring in a quality striker, it will be a great deal for us.

That pass for one of their goals today was world class.

I know what your saying though, his head had completely gone and had to go, but did it really have to be Newcastle?
The Shelvey Show on 09:00 - Jan 17 with 8081 viewspencoedjack

It will soon turn sour

The geordie Kiisgod is back I see.
The Shelvey Show on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 8072 viewsmidswan

The Shelvey Show on 08:56 - Jan 17 by JethroJack

That was his "one half-decent game in every 6" yesterday. All he proved was what we Jacks (and Scousers) already know, the bloke only "plays" when it suites him. We are WELL RID and £12M to the good.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 8:58]

Very much this, clearly talented.........when he wants to be. I will be amazed if he goes to Euros, not consistent enough or disciplined.
The Shelvey Show on 09:09 - Jan 17 with 8023 viewsairedale

For me, Newcastle weren't relegation candidates.
Login to get fewer ads

The Shelvey Show on 09:11 - Jan 17 with 8002 viewsThornburyswan

As always it's, for me, not that simple - Shelves on his day & in the opposition half is a very decent player & in terms of range of passing + goal threat is a top 10 side player. However he needs 'love/attention' from the manager & fans & you have to accept his performance will dip periodically - his resilience is very limited so the dips can turn into downward cycles both on & off the pitch.

Would be want an in form Shelvey of course we would but he has (& for me will always have) baggage - if anyone thinks he would have played like he did yesterday on Monday vs Watford (if selected of course) then they haven't been watching him for the last 3 months.

As for selling to a relegation rival we aren't MUtd/Arse/Chavs/Citeh etc so we simply cannot afford to have a, as it turns out, £12M player in the stands whilst we await a mid-table team to bid. The key to that decision will be (1) what we do with the £12M & ultimately (2) where we finish come May.
The Shelvey Show on 09:12 - Jan 17 with 7996 viewsoldcob

According to the Mail Newcastle want Gomis as well.
The Shelvey Show on 09:18 - Jan 17 with 7937 viewsJethroJack

The Shelvey Show on 09:12 - Jan 17 by oldcob

According to the Mail Newcastle want Gomis as well.

Another £12M please 😊
The Shelvey Show on 09:20 - Jan 17 with 7923 viewsjack247

The Shelvey Show on 08:57 - Jan 17 by blaine_scfc

That pass for one of their goals today was world class.

I know what your saying though, his head had completely gone and had to go, but did it really have to be Newcastle?

I haven't seen it, but no doubt he has got a world class pass in him. He has always been an enigma, you can't be an enigma without being brilliant sometimes.

Newcastle wasn't the ideal destination by any means, but if they are prepared to pay £12m for him and no-one else is....

If we actually spend the majority of that on a striker and he manages to hit the ground running, we will be able to concentrate on picking up the points and not worry so much about how other teams are doing anyway. The quality in the squad is there.
The Shelvey Show on 09:35 - Jan 17 with 7841 viewsMattG

The Shelvey Show on 09:20 - Jan 17 by jack247

I haven't seen it, but no doubt he has got a world class pass in him. He has always been an enigma, you can't be an enigma without being brilliant sometimes.

Newcastle wasn't the ideal destination by any means, but if they are prepared to pay £12m for him and no-one else is....

If we actually spend the majority of that on a striker and he manages to hit the ground running, we will be able to concentrate on picking up the points and not worry so much about how other teams are doing anyway. The quality in the squad is there.

It was a very good pass but the subsequent layoff from Wijnaldum was perfect and IMO just as vital. Similarly his diagonal ball for the second goal was pinpoint accurate but nothing that he and Ashley haven't done for us many times. It was Janmaat's first touch, pace to get around the defender and cross that really made the goal.

It was always going to be thus. He's a young England international, ergo substantial sections of the press could not understand why we would want to sell and were basically looking for reasons to show it up as a bad decision. Yes, it would have been preferable if his performance hadn't helped Newcastle gain an important win but let's have this conversation again in 2 months time and see how many times he has replicated it.
The Shelvey Show on 09:37 - Jan 17 with 7822 viewsjack247

The Shelvey Show on 09:35 - Jan 17 by MattG

It was a very good pass but the subsequent layoff from Wijnaldum was perfect and IMO just as vital. Similarly his diagonal ball for the second goal was pinpoint accurate but nothing that he and Ashley haven't done for us many times. It was Janmaat's first touch, pace to get around the defender and cross that really made the goal.

It was always going to be thus. He's a young England international, ergo substantial sections of the press could not understand why we would want to sell and were basically looking for reasons to show it up as a bad decision. Yes, it would have been preferable if his performance hadn't helped Newcastle gain an important win but let's have this conversation again in 2 months time and see how many times he has replicated it.

Agree. I don't see him playing consistently well for half a season. He will blow hot and cold for them. It's what he has always done.
The Shelvey Show on 09:41 - Jan 17 with 7799 viewsjasper_T

If Shelvey had played that pass to Naughton or Rangel we wouldn't have scored.
The Shelvey Show on 10:22 - Jan 17 with 7635 viewsBloodyhills

His good performance yesterday illustrates clearly what a utter waste of space he was with a crap attitude. He obviously didn't bother trying for us. Utter tosser.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Shelvey Show on 10:24 - Jan 17 with 7615 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Shelvey Show on 10:22 - Jan 17 by Bloodyhills

His good performance yesterday illustrates clearly what a utter waste of space he was with a crap attitude. He obviously didn't bother trying for us. Utter tosser.

Nail on head. Wait til the honeymoon wears off on Tyneside.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Shelvey Show on 10:38 - Jan 17 with 7536 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 10:24 - Jan 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Nail on head. Wait til the honeymoon wears off on Tyneside.

If it happens they will more than likely be safe by then and 12m to achieve safety and weaken a relegation rival is good money in my book. All we need do is sell them Gomis for another 12m and he will start banging them in as he is in a rejuvenated side thereby making certain they stay up and we are right royally effed. At least our finances will be break even as we plummet downwards.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 11:02]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Shelvey Show on 10:47 - Jan 17 with 7483 viewsjasper_T

The Shelvey Show on 10:38 - Jan 17 by Private_Partz

If it happens they will more than likely be safe by then and 12m to achieve safety and weaken a relegation rival is good money in my book. All we need do is sell them Gomis for another 12m and he will start banging them in as he is in a rejuvenated side thereby making certain they stay up and we are right royally effed. At least our finances will be break even as we plummet downwards.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 11:02]

Shelvey may strengthen them but we've not been weakened by losing him.
The Shelvey Show on 11:04 - Jan 17 with 7434 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Shelvey Show on 10:22 - Jan 17 by Bloodyhills

Not just an utter tosser, he was instrumental in our drop down the league and what is more it looks as if it may have been deliberate.
All those mis-placed passes, lack of effort, throw to the opposition, how much of that was not being out of form but because he was working his ticket because he was peed off?
Because in less than one week he turns it around completely, that smacks of mis-conduct hidden behind a supposed lack of form.
What a way to thank the club that got him in to the England team.
The Shelvey Show on 11:08 - Jan 17 with 7415 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 10:47 - Jan 17 by jasper_T

Shelvey may strengthen them but we've not been weakened by losing him.

You may be right although I think a lot of it has been down to Monk's tinkering and upsetting the patterns of play which have resulted in loss of form right across the board. A good manager will recognise the players that need the carrot and those that need the stick. I doubt this has happened in this guys case.
All irrelevant though. It is the selling off of a player, who is capable of turning a club's season around, to a relegation rival that is the madness in my book. Bringing his replacement in is starting to get pretty urgent as well as other sides around us strengthen. I don't buy that they are bringing in crap. We just go not know how they will fare.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Shelvey Show on 11:21 - Jan 17 with 7352 viewsmonmouth

The Shelvey Show on 09:41 - Jan 17 by jasper_T

If Shelvey had played that pass to Naughton or Rangel we wouldn't have scored.

It was a fabulous pass but 99 times out of 100 it ends up in touch or over the goal line anyway. The first goal was more down to Wijnaldums touch and a cracking 20 yard shot.

#overhypedbollux

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Shelvey Show on 11:21 - Jan 17 with 7348 viewsDafyddHuw

I'm very glad he's gone. You can't pick a player who only turns up once in 6/7 games.

He'll have a honeymoon period with the Mags where he'll do well. Then next season, his presence there will get more and more toxic, and he'll eventually be shipped out to another club, probably nearer his beloved London. And so it'll go on. He'll go from club to club. Every one of them will say he has plenty of potential but his attitude stinks.

We're well rid.
The Shelvey Show on 11:24 - Jan 17 with 7330 viewsDarran

Kev Johns made a great point on the radio phone in this morning saying he's been in plays and hasn't liked the director or other actors but always put in his best performance.

Shelvey is a c*nt end of.(Kev didn't say that bit on the radio this morning)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Shelvey Show on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 7293 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Shelvey Show on 11:24 - Jan 17 by Darran

Kev Johns made a great point on the radio phone in this morning saying he's been in plays and hasn't liked the director or other actors but always put in his best performance.

Shelvey is a c*nt end of.(Kev didn't say that bit on the radio this morning)

Indeed, it is professionalism and thespians that Kev is talking about and panto only lasts a few months. We are working with young men over a few years here and most of them are not the brightest pennies in the cashbox.
Monk actually was playing him well at he start by openly criticising him and challenging him to get back on top of his game. It worked and I believe this is the way good mangers sort it out. Carrots and sticks. Shipping out should be the last option and never to a relegation rival or any rival for that matter.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024