Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perfect Punk... 21:22 - Jan 25 with 9338 viewsTNT

... on Vintage TV, Sky 369, if anyone is interested.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Perfect Punk... on 00:22 - May 7 with 1682 viewsTNT

999 at The Moon Club Cardiff tonight. Great memories of Emergency, Homicide, Titanic Reaction etc. Memories of The Swans 76 / 77 come flooding back too. Off to West M for some Oi now... Oi Gomis...

Perfect Punk... on 00:47 - May 7 with 1676 viewsLord_Bony

Perfect Punk... on 05:20 - Jan 27 by Lord_Bony

UK SUBS play carediff May 7 Clwb Ivor Bach

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uk+subs+live&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client

Don't forget.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Perfect Punk... on 08:46 - May 7 with 1628 viewstaffpunk

Perfect Punk... on 00:47 - May 7 by Lord_Bony

Don't forget.

I try and give these nights a swerve these days, I worked out yesterday that I've seen the Subs roughly 100 times, do I really need to see them again, probably not.
Cut Ups, Ming City Rockers, Skurvi, Dirt Box Disco, Bishops Green, Pizzatramp , Reaction, Black Bombers, Martha, Graveyard Johnnys and many more newer Punk bands deserve my support far more.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Perfect Punk... on 08:48 - May 7 with 1627 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 08:46 - May 7 by taffpunk

I try and give these nights a swerve these days, I worked out yesterday that I've seen the Subs roughly 100 times, do I really need to see them again, probably not.
Cut Ups, Ming City Rockers, Skurvi, Dirt Box Disco, Bishops Green, Pizzatramp , Reaction, Black Bombers, Martha, Graveyard Johnnys and many more newer Punk bands deserve my support far more.

Bishops Green are a fine band Taff, seen them a few times in Germany 👍
Love pizzatramp too.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Perfect Punk... on 08:55 - May 7 with 1621 viewstaffpunk

Perfect Punk... on 08:48 - May 7 by Loyal

Bishops Green are a fine band Taff, seen them a few times in Germany 👍
Love pizzatramp too.

Yes, absolutely love them, it's a shame they seem to have attracted the Oi tag. Just seen them the once at Rebellion, will be checking them out again at Blackpool this year. Try Skurvi's album 'Get Em In', cracking tuneful stuff, also looking forward to seeing them at Rebellion.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Perfect Punk... on 08:59 - May 7 with 1607 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 08:55 - May 7 by taffpunk

Yes, absolutely love them, it's a shame they seem to have attracted the Oi tag. Just seen them the once at Rebellion, will be checking them out again at Blackpool this year. Try Skurvi's album 'Get Em In', cracking tuneful stuff, also looking forward to seeing them at Rebellion.

I know Jimmy fairly well, as you say the newer bands deserve the attention as the older ones with few exceptions are flogging their dead horses. I'll excuse the subs though, love Charlie etc.

Not doing Rebellion this year purely because I've done about six out of the last ten, it's a marathon, and however much I pace myself I'm dead by Sunday 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Perfect Punk... on 12:42 - May 7 with 1568 viewsPolskijack

New UK Subs CD Ziezo just released. The last album in the A-Z of titles. Bloody good it is too. Surely it's time for them to be inducted into the RNR hall of fame.

Perfect Punk... on 20:22 - May 7 with 1539 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 12:42 - May 7 by Polskijack

New UK Subs CD Ziezo just released. The last album in the A-Z of titles. Bloody good it is too. Surely it's time for them to be inducted into the RNR hall of fame.

Spot on, unfashionable is the problem.
Which for me is just the job.
Charlie MBE ?

Login to get fewer ads

Perfect Punk... on 11:06 - May 8 with 1499 viewsLord_Bony

Perfect Punk... on 08:46 - May 7 by taffpunk

100 times?? must be a big fan..

Would loved to have seen them last night last time was over 3o years ago,but was out with my own band.

Some of these acts from the 70s80s seem to be enjoying a revival at the moment..the Tramshed is full of them for the coming year.

Went to see Stiff Little FIngers recentlty but walked out half way through...exactly the same set as when I saw them a few months previously...bit jaded.

Agree theres some good upcoming bands that need more exposure..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Perfect Punk... on 11:10 - May 8 with 1499 viewsPolskijack

Perfect Punk... on 20:22 - May 7 by Loyal

Spot on, unfashionable is the problem.
Which for me is just the job.
Charlie MBE ?

Agree an MBE for Charlie would be really fitting, although I wonder whether he would accept it. I saw them recently in Wroclaw and you can still see how much he genuinely enjoys what he does and the band were as tight as I've ever seen them. As you say though, unfashionable but their service to music can't be doubted, 40th anniversary this year.
Perfect Punk... on 22:24 - May 8 with 1469 viewsTNT

Perfect Punk... on 11:10 - May 8 by Polskijack

Agree an MBE for Charlie would be really fitting, although I wonder whether he would accept it. I saw them recently in Wroclaw and you can still see how much he genuinely enjoys what he does and the band were as tight as I've ever seen them. As you say though, unfashionable but their service to music can't be doubted, 40th anniversary this year.

Nick Cash gave Uk Subs a plug on Friday night. He was hailing 40 years of punk. I think it was his birthday Friday and he said, 'I ain't gonna tell you my age, but I'm the right side of Charlie Harper!'

Then I saw us beat West Ham away for the first time. I've waited since our visit in '79 for that. All in all, a pretty good weekend.

Perfect Punk... on 00:21 - May 9 with 1453 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 11:06 - May 8 by Lord_Bony

100 times?? must be a big fan..

Would loved to have seen them last night last time was over 3o years ago,but was out with my own band.

Some of these acts from the 70s80s seem to be enjoying a revival at the moment..the Tramshed is full of them for the coming year.

Went to see Stiff Little FIngers recentlty but walked out half way through...exactly the same set as when I saw them a few months previously...bit jaded.

Agree theres some good upcoming bands that need more exposure..

Swansea band Lord Bony ?

Venom ?
Pseudo Sadists ?

Perfect Punk... on 00:26 - May 9 with 1445 viewsLord_Bony

Perfect Punk... on 00:21 - May 9 by Loyal

Swansea band Lord Bony ?

Venom ?
Pseudo Sadists ?

Nah mate...mainly classic rock,we re out most weekends.

About the only punk we do is Greenday...Basket Case

Perfect Punk... on 00:30 - May 9 with 1441 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 00:26 - May 9 by Lord_Bony

Nah mate...mainly classic rock,we re out most weekends.

About the only punk we do is Greenday...Basket Case

I misread your post, I thought you meant your band supported The subs 30 years ago ! 😂

Perfect Punk... on 00:42 - May 9 with 1431 viewsLord_Bony

Oh I wish that were true.

Anyone remember this rare documentary on the UK Subs? Punk Can Take It.

Perfect Punk... on 08:54 - May 9 with 1400 viewstaffpunk

Perfect Punk... on 00:42 - May 9 by Lord_Bony

Oh I wish that were true.

Anyone remember this rare documentary on the UK Subs? Punk Can Take It.

It was the 'support' film for Scum when that came it, saw it in pictures. I first saw The Subs in Cardiff Grannies in 1979, some years I've seen them once or twice, other years 7/8 times, so over 37 years, it's got to be about a hundred, some great nights, some good, some shockers[ the mid 80's period].

Perfect Punk... on 23:54 - May 10 with 1326 viewsheadcleaner

Subs were great again sat night and so we're the undercarriage. Pizzatramp were top notch. The subs are booked to play the scene in November.

There are some fantastic bands making records at the moment. Someone mentioned ming city rockers and the slugfest line up is again really strong this coming July.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024