Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perfect Punk... 21:22 - Jan 25 with 9332 viewsTNT

... on Vintage TV, Sky 369, if anyone is interested.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Perfect Punk... on 22:20 - Feb 4 with 2170 viewsGehbeHindert_Bosman

Partisans were the dogs. How times have changed from those days where anything seemed possible. Modern youth are just Thatcher's grandkids and weak as budgie piss for all their posturing.
Perfect Punk... on 02:05 - Feb 5 with 2143 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 22:20 - Feb 4 by GehbeHindert_Bosman

Partisans were the dogs. How times have changed from those days where anything seemed possible. Modern youth are just Thatcher's grandkids and weak as budgie piss for all their posturing.

17 years of hell .....
Superb !
[Post edited 5 Feb 2016 2:05]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Perfect Punk... on 07:51 - Feb 5 with 2112 viewstaffpunk

Absolutely awesome band, had the pleasure of seeing them at Central Hotel, Cardiff in 82 with Swansea's very under rated Pseudo Sadists as support, great night. Also at Clwb Ivor a few years back, brilliant again, and they were also the pick of the weekend at Rebellion last Summer. The no.1 Punk band to have ever come from Wales imo, released 3 great varied albums over the years .

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Perfect Punk... on 11:00 - Feb 5 with 2097 viewsAl_Bundy

Perfect Punk... on 22:17 - Jan 26 by Loyal

They look a bit fckd TBH mate 😂
There are actually two Sham 69 bands now.
A bit like Bucks Fizz.

This is the other band without the original members.

http://www.officialsham69.com
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 22:48]

And two Stranglers bands. Saw both last year.. quite similar set !
Perfect Punk... on 19:19 - Feb 5 with 2069 viewstaffpunk

Perfect Punk... on 11:00 - Feb 5 by Al_Bundy

First I've heard of it, Hugh Cornwell does his solo gigs under his own name, which include a lot of his own material, with a few Stranglers songs. The Stranglers do their sets with a different singer, don't think there's 2 bands with the same name.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Perfect Punk... on 01:58 - Feb 8 with 2004 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 11:00 - Feb 5 by Al_Bundy

Two Stranglers, I fcking hope not 👍
[Post edited 8 Feb 2016 1:58]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Perfect Punk... on 09:14 - Feb 8 with 1972 viewsAl_Bundy

Perfect Punk... on 19:19 - Feb 5 by taffpunk

First I've heard of it, Hugh Cornwell does his solo gigs under his own name, which include a lot of his own material, with a few Stranglers songs. The Stranglers do their sets with a different singer, don't think there's 2 bands with the same name.

It was Hugh Cornwell's band. He played Weyfest last year and played mostly the Stranglers set which was really good. Then saw The Stranglers in Dublin with Simple Minds which was a great gig. Over 15 Stranglers songs in that one.
Perfect Punk... on 09:37 - Feb 8 with 1972 viewstaffpunk

Perfect Punk... on 09:14 - Feb 8 by Al_Bundy

It was Hugh Cornwell's band. He played Weyfest last year and played mostly the Stranglers set which was really good. Then saw The Stranglers in Dublin with Simple Minds which was a great gig. Over 15 Stranglers songs in that one.

Sounds good, they were the first Punk band I ever saw, April/May 77 at Cardiff Top Rank.
Buzzcocks on Saturday for me, then the Upstarts the week after.

Login to get fewer ads

Perfect Punk... on 14:14 - Feb 8 with 1957 viewsPrivate_Partz

Perfect Punk... on 19:19 - Feb 5 by taffpunk

Hugh has his own band and The Stranglers are a separate entity now . Hugh used to share the vocals with JJ Burnell. Baz Warne now takes on Hugh's vocals when they are playing some old stuff. Baz has actually been in the group longer than Hugh was.
The band is technically 75% original but the drummer Jet Black does very little live work now due to ill health. He is 76.
They have been around a long time Loyal. They must have something.;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Perfect Punk... on 15:06 - Feb 8 with 1949 viewsLord_Bony

Perfect Punk... on 14:14 - Feb 8 by Private_Partz

Hugh has his own band and The Stranglers are a separate entity now . Hugh used to share the vocals with JJ Burnell. Baz Warne now takes on Hugh's vocals when they are playing some old stuff. Baz has actually been in the group longer than Hugh was.
The band is technically 75% original but the drummer Jet Black does very little live work now due to ill health. He is 76.

That is certainly true about Jet Black..he still plays the odd half hour live but remains in a bad way.

Can see you re a big fan of his PP..thats him in your avatar..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Perfect Punk... on 21:02 - Feb 8 with 1901 viewsPrivate_Partz

Perfect Punk... on 15:06 - Feb 8 by Lord_Bony

That is certainly true about Jet Black..he still plays the odd half hour live but remains in a bad way.

Can see you re a big fan of his PP..thats him in your avatar..

It certainly is. :-) I just wish the buggar would lose some weight otherwise I fear he is going to slip off to play the great drum kit in the sky.
I always think this pic sums them up today. how to still look rebellious when you are old. unlike the Stones who are now a parody of themselves

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M53984c7369369bf7c797a66ed245cd86H0&w=300&h=

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Perfect Punk... on 21:43 - Feb 8 with 1893 viewsLord_Bony

Jeez that's not a good look for a pop star...he's practically on deaths door!

In fact he almost died recently..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Perfect Punk... on 23:31 - Feb 8 with 1873 viewsPrivate_Partz

Perfect Punk... on 21:43 - Feb 8 by Lord_Bony

Jeez that's not a good look for a pop star...he's practically on deaths door!

In fact he almost died recently..

Looked a bit better here on BBC breakfast telly ......if a little chilly :-)

Perfect Punk... on 23:58 - Feb 8 with 1850 viewsTNT

'Euroman Cometh', awesome album by Jean Jacques Burnel '79.

Ahhhh! The memories!

The Swans were on the up, too!

Perfect Punk... on 08:50 - Feb 9 with 1809 viewsLoyal

I'm a huge fan 👍 My response was a nice way of saying there isn't two bands.

Perfect Punk... on 08:53 - Feb 9 with 1807 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 21:02 - Feb 8 by Private_Partz

It certainly is. :-) I just wish the buggar would lose some weight otherwise I fear he is going to slip off to play the great drum kit in the sky.
I always think this pic sums them up today. how to still look rebellious when you are old. unlike the Stones who are now a parody of themselves

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M53984c7369369bf7c797a66ed245cd86H0&w=300&h=

Jet has a major heart complaint, is 78 this year and is receiving round the clock care.
Time travels fast mate, and thankfully he and the band have shared their lives with us with brilliant sounds, how they look really doesn't matter.

There surely are not rules to be applied to this as well ?

Perfect Punk... on 09:31 - Feb 9 with 1797 viewsPrivate_Partz

Perfect Punk... on 08:53 - Feb 9 by Loyal

Jet has a major heart complaint, is 78 this year and is receiving round the clock care.
Time travels fast mate, and thankfully he and the band have shared their lives with us with brilliant sounds, how they look really doesn't matter.

There surely are not rules to be applied to this as well ?

Sorry Loyal. misread your post. I was quite surprised actually as I tend to agree with most things you say, and you are a right dirty b@stard!:-))
As regards the look I think it is good. They have got it just right.. Still look quite sinister but as always they do not take themselves seriously.
We get very little info on Jet's condition but I noticed he was there posing for the remake of the Black and White album cover in preparation for the tour in March.
Not got my tickets yet. Will be booking in the next day or so. Cardiff is the best of a bad job as the Bristol venue is completely crap. Wish they would came back to the Patti. It was a great gig there and JJ loves the place.

Perfect Punk... on 09:35 - Feb 9 with 1796 viewsPrivate_Partz

Perfect Punk... on 23:58 - Feb 8 by TNT

'Euroman Cometh', awesome album by Jean Jacques Burnel '79.

Ahhhh! The memories!

The Swans were on the up, too!

Indeed TNT. John Ellis played on that album. Him and JJ can't stand each other now. Rock Stars eh? I supect you are a mk1 fan but the last three albums have been really good IMHO. Even the packaging on the last album was good with a controversial cover of the four of them appearing to be hanging dead from ropes in playground with a young girl looking up at them....

Perfect Punk... on 18:18 - Feb 9 with 1759 viewstaffpunk

I knew all that you daft bugger, unless you replied to the wrong person?

Perfect Punk... on 18:44 - Feb 9 with 1754 viewsPrivate_Partz

Perfect Punk... on 18:18 - Feb 9 by taffpunk

I knew all that you daft bugger, unless you replied to the wrong person?

Apologies . Put it down to my age. I must have replied to the wrong person. See you in Scumdiff on the 18th. :-)

Perfect Punk... on 18:48 - Feb 9 with 1746 viewstaffpunk

Perfect Punk... on 18:44 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Apologies . Put it down to my age. I must have replied to the wrong person. See you in Scumdiff on the 18th. :-)

I won't be there, haven't been to see them since Hugh left, hope it's a good night anyway.

Perfect Punk... on 19:23 - Feb 9 with 1732 viewsPrivate_Partz

Perfect Punk... on 18:48 - Feb 9 by taffpunk

I won't be there, haven't been to see them since Hugh left, hope it's a good night anyway.

Ok. Fairy Nuff. The fans were split when Hugh left. Give it a go. You might be surprised. I have travelled as far as Cambridge to see Hugh and bought all his albums. Enjoy em both live.

Perfect Punk... on 21:52 - Feb 9 with 1697 viewsLord_Bony

Always liked the humour of The Stranglers and how they never took themselves seriously..

Heres an appearance on TOTP with JJ B miming the lead vocals! No More Heroes

Nice n Sleazy got to be the most bizarre video they ever did...warning contains graphic footage of gyrating,dancing naked ladies...do not watch if easily offended..

Perfect Punk... on 21:55 - Feb 9 with 1696 viewsTNT

Perfect Punk... on 09:35 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Indeed TNT. John Ellis played on that album. Him and JJ can't stand each other now. Rock Stars eh? I supect you are a mk1 fan but the last three albums have been really good IMHO. Even the packaging on the last album was good with a controversial cover of the four of them appearing to be hanging dead from ropes in playground with a young girl looking up at them....

Considering I rated JJB's first album, it's a bit strange that I've not listened to his others tbh!

Perfect Punk... on 22:22 - Feb 9 with 1687 viewsLoyal

Perfect Punk... on 09:31 - Feb 9 by Private_Partz

Sorry Loyal. misread your post. I was quite surprised actually as I tend to agree with most things you say, and you are a right dirty b@stard!:-))
As regards the look I think it is good. They have got it just right.. Still look quite sinister but as always they do not take themselves seriously.
We get very little info on Jet's condition but I noticed he was there posing for the remake of the Black and White album cover in preparation for the tour in March.
Not got my tickets yet. Will be booking in the next day or so. Cardiff is the best of a bad job as the Bristol venue is completely crap. Wish they would came back to the Patti. It was a great gig there and JJ loves the place.

👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024