Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benjamin Moukandjo 11:55 - Jan 28 with 3056 viewsGriffting

Been named in the mirror (along with Gayle) as a possible replacement for Gomis who's had an offer from the Middle East. Not been prolific throughout his career but has 11 in 18 this season for Lorient. Watching his highlight reel he reminds me a lot of younger Adebayor.

Could we have two new strikers by the end of the window?
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:11 - Jan 28 with 2962 viewstomdickharry

Whatever the income was for Shelvey looks as though a substantial amount will remain in the coffers of the club as the only new players coming in will be on loan, unless our new Manager has the power to persuade the Board to release some funds for a permanent transfer,the exception being yet another player on a juicy contract from Scotland.
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:20 - Jan 28 with 2909 viewsSheffieldjack

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:11 - Jan 28 by tomdickharry

Whatever the income was for Shelvey looks as though a substantial amount will remain in the coffers of the club as the only new players coming in will be on loan, unless our new Manager has the power to persuade the Board to release some funds for a permanent transfer,the exception being yet another player on a juicy contract from Scotland.

Presumably we're spending some money on Paloschi?
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:22 - Jan 28 with 2896 viewsDafyddHuw

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:20 - Jan 28 by Sheffieldjack

Presumably we're spending some money on Paloschi?

£8.5M I thought. The player and the board must be confident that we're staying up
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 12:23]
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:31 - Jan 28 with 2833 viewsKGriz16

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:22 - Jan 28 by DafyddHuw

£8.5M I thought. The player and the board must be confident that we're staying up
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 12:23]

aren't you confident?
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:35 - Jan 28 with 2795 viewsDafyddHuw

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:31 - Jan 28 by KGriz16

aren't you confident?

No. Even after the Watford win, I just saw that as two poor teams, with us just edging them.
The Everton win, the arrival of The Don, and hopefully a new striker now makes me feel not confident, but at least in with a chance of staying up.

Then I read that we're after deadwood like Sinclair and Gayle, and my heart sinks again.
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:44 - Jan 28 with 2723 viewsJango

Hardly dead wood are they! If either Sinclair or Gayle came in our strength in depth would improve.
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:52 - Jan 28 with 2669 viewsDafyddHuw

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:44 - Jan 28 by Jango

Hardly dead wood are they! If either Sinclair or Gayle came in our strength in depth would improve.

In your opinion they're not deadwood, in my opinion they are.

Be interesting to hear why you think they're not?

Sinclair - couldn't get a regular first team place for us when he left. That's where he is with Villa now - Villa, who look odds-on to go down.

Gayle - kept out of the 1st team by some very nondescript players. I've rread the stuff on here that he doesn't fit the Palace style, but that we're good at turning lead into gold. There's nothing to say that he'd do any better here.

These two, for me, simply show the club trying to make do and no more. Total lack of ambition. I'd much rather we didn't bother than buy in second-raters, have them on the payroll for a couple of seasons and then ship them out.
Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:58 - Jan 28 with 2627 viewsEdmundo

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:44 - Jan 28 by Jango

Slightly!

Mainly because Montero isn't setting the world alight right now and goals from Gomis are as rare as 'non deluded Cardiff fan'.

😂

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Login to get fewer ads

Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:05 - Jan 28 with 2582 viewsjasper_T

He only moved there at the start of the season.
Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:09 - Jan 28 with 2542 viewsAngelRangelQS

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:58 - Jan 28 by Edmundo

Slightly!

Mainly because Montero isn't setting the world alight right now and goals from Gomis are as rare as 'non deluded Cardiff fan'.

😂

When you say "right now" do you mean "most of the last 18 months?
Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:17 - Jan 28 with 2491 viewsGriffting

Wales Online suggesting 7.5 million for Gayle... Bit steep for me
Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:26 - Jan 28 with 2442 viewsHighjack

Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:17 - Jan 28 by Griffting

Wales Online suggesting 7.5 million for Gayle... Bit steep for me

It's not steep its effing vertical.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:32 - Jan 28 with 2398 viewsJackSomething

Benjamin Moukandjo on 12:52 - Jan 28 by DafyddHuw

In your opinion they're not deadwood, in my opinion they are.

Be interesting to hear why you think they're not?

Sinclair - couldn't get a regular first team place for us when he left. That's where he is with Villa now - Villa, who look odds-on to go down.

Gayle - kept out of the 1st team by some very nondescript players. I've rread the stuff on here that he doesn't fit the Palace style, but that we're good at turning lead into gold. There's nothing to say that he'd do any better here.

These two, for me, simply show the club trying to make do and no more. Total lack of ambition. I'd much rather we didn't bother than buy in second-raters, have them on the payroll for a couple of seasons and then ship them out.

Point of order - Sinclair 'couldn't get a regular first team place for us when he left'? He may have come off the bench in the only league game of the season before leaving (and scored from the bench), but he played all our 38 games in the PL up to that point.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:45 - Jan 28 with 2351 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Has Sinclair had a spell of any form since he had a rib removed?

I'd probably go for a more mature version of what was here before, but suspect he isn't physically the same level.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:47 - Jan 28 with 2337 viewsGriffting

In fairness to Sinclair he's one of Aston Villa's top scorer at the moment and has hardly played!
Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:48 - Jan 28 with 2329 viewsJackSomething

Benjamin Moukandjo on 13:45 - Jan 28 by NeiltheTaylor

Has Sinclair had a spell of any form since he had a rib removed?

I'd probably go for a more mature version of what was here before, but suspect he isn't physically the same level.

On the rare occasions I've seen him on TV for Villa, he's always looked lively and I wondered why he didn't play more. Can't say him coming back would wow me, but I'd live in hope that he's another one of those players who do better here than anywhere else. If he's still the player of our first PL season, then that would be useful to have.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024