Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting 15:53 - Jan 29 with 1832 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Quite the liberal use of the term "star."

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 15:58 - Jan 29 with 1789 viewsbathgatejack

star my arse
Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 16:12 - Jan 29 with 1737 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Not been given a fair crack at it here for what ever reason that is.

How many games has he started??

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 17:10 - Jan 29 with 1619 viewsEasternJack

With that photo above, he'll have more minutes in a swans shirt on here than he's ever had on the pitch...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 17:28 - Jan 29 with 1575 viewsdobjack2

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 16:12 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

I assume that along with Tabanou he is was not a player that Monk identified as one he wanted. The fact that Curt didn't start either of them as well exposes the danger for a club like ours of spending a large part of our transfer between budget on players it appears that the manager didn't really want.

The lack of a quality second striker was a factor in our poor results that has placed us in a relegation fight. I hope lessons have been learnt.
Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 17:28 - Jan 29 with 1574 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 16:12 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

" Not been given a fair crack at it here for what ever reason that is "
because he's not very good.

"How many games has he started??" Enough to show he's not Premier League standard, and certainly not worth £5 million.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans on 17:36 - Jan 29 with 1534 viewsLandore_Jack

The scouts are partially to blame for recommending Eder and Tabanou to Monk.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 17:37]

#backtojack

Swans on 17:47 - Jan 29 with 1494 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans on 17:36 - Jan 29 by Landore_Jack

Obviously........a huge mistake by all involved, every club makes few bad signings, it's inevitable.

At least we realised how bad he was fairly early, swallowed the bullet, and restricted his playing time to a minimum.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans on 18:02 - Jan 29 with 1456 viewsChrisSCFC

Surprised they're after him, most of the Portuguese think he's crap.

Hope he can score a few against some bum teams then some team from Qatar buy him.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans on 18:11 - Jan 29 with 1410 viewsdobjack2

Swans on 17:36 - Jan 29 by Landore_Jack

To monk? I think not.
Swans on 18:43 - Jan 29 with 1330 viewsLandore_Jack

Why aren't they partially to blame? Yes Monk agreed to sign them but we scout every player we sign. They would have been recommended by the scouting system.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 18:49]

#backtojack

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 18:46 - Jan 29 with 1320 viewsDaggyjack

Buck stops with the manager in my eyes.
If he didn't want to waste £9.5 million on Tabanou and Eder, GM should have been strong enough to say no.
Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 1259 viewsdobjack2

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 18:46 - Jan 29 by Daggyjack

Buck stops with the manager in my eyes.
If he didn't want to waste £9.5 million on Tabanou and Eder, GM should have been strong enough to say no.

I agree with you but Laudrup got Ngog, from memory he didn't know who Ngog was and said so.

However we don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
Swans on 19:10 - Jan 29 with 1234 viewsPinky

Will Guidolin be able to bring in his own scouts or will scouting remain the responsibility of the board? Seeing as he is the former manager of a team (Udinese) that became well known for its scouting prowess, I think that it would be reasonable to allow him to do so.
Swans on 19:18 - Jan 29 with 1208 viewslonglostjack

Swans on 19:10 - Jan 29 by Pinky

Will Guidolin be able to bring in his own scouts or will scouting remain the responsibility of the board? Seeing as he is the former manager of a team (Udinese) that became well known for its scouting prowess, I think that it would be reasonable to allow him to do so.

All a question of balance I suppose. There were issues with Laudrup or his agent's wishes and control of transfer policy.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 19:20 - Jan 29 with 1187 viewstomdickharry

Without any shadow of doubt no new player will play for us during the time Mr Guildolin is our Manager unless he has approved the signing.
Swans on 19:23 - Jan 29 with 1176 viewsPinky

Swans on 19:18 - Jan 29 by longlostjack

All a question of balance I suppose. There were issues with Laudrup or his agent's wishes and control of transfer policy.

Very true. Tutumlu was was a nutter who got well above his station. I don't think a few extra scouts who just recommend players would be too bad and might just freshen things up. Hopefully they won't try to sell our captain like that tw@ did though!
Swans "star" (Eder) linked with loan switch to Portuguese giants Sporting on 19:27 - Jan 29 with 1155 viewsjack247

It's not as if he isn't in training every day. If he looked better than Gomis he would have had more starts.
Swans on 19:27 - Jan 29 with 1155 viewsjasper_T

Swans on 18:43 - Jan 29 by Landore_Jack

Why aren't they partially to blame? Yes Monk agreed to sign them but we scout every player we sign. They would have been recommended by the scouting system.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 18:49]

Monk didn't have yes/no veto power over any of our signings when he was manager, and our scouting system is to let agents come to us with their players and then watch videos of them. There aren't boots on the ground out there searching for senior players (there's a few looking for kids).
Swans on 19:34 - Jan 29 with 1110 viewsPinky

Swans on 19:27 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

Monk didn't have yes/no veto power over any of our signings when he was manager, and our scouting system is to let agents come to us with their players and then watch videos of them. There aren't boots on the ground out there searching for senior players (there's a few looking for kids).

I had a good chat with the Scottish agent who does the deals with Falkirk a few years ago - the day before Fulton signed. Fair play to him, going by our dealings with Falkirk in recent years, he could sell sand to the Arabs.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 19:36]
Swans on 19:56 - Jan 29 with 1036 viewsjacksfullaces

Swans on 19:34 - Jan 29 by Pinky

I had a good chat with the Scottish agent who does the deals with Falkirk a few years ago - the day before Fulton signed. Fair play to him, going by our dealings with Falkirk in recent years, he could sell sand to the Arabs.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 19:36]

f56ckng Falkirk our feeder club makes me laugh every time - top class sales man makes sense now

I thought Huw might have a bird up there, and another one in Middlesboro to break up the journey
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024